Submit

Priestess_Kelina

Hilarious Gaian

1,275 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:00 pm
My theory is, if it aint broke, DON'T FIX IT! Yet everything seems to be puching me to get newer and... Supposedly... better stuff. ((It's NEVER better, Trust me)). Here's just a few of my pet peeves.

Digital T.V.: The changeover of television to Digital has been marked mainly by a reduction in quality. Now, if you don't have a PERFECT signal, you get a broken up picture and scattered bits of sound, (if you're lucky.) We have more channels, but it's pretty much useless if you can't actually WATCH any of them!

CARS: Cars used to be simple. If something was wrong, you knew it. Now, everythings so computerized that something as stupid as a LOOSE GAS CAP, can cause your Check Engine light to come on. And the car almost won't run if you have a bad SENSOR somewhere. And don't even get me started on Power Windows, which always seem to get stuck either up or down, and you have to take the whole door apart to get the motor unstuck.

Last, but not least, Computers. I'm still running Windows XP, which, in my opinion, is the ONLY good version of Windows ever made, and I LOVE it. But it's rapidly becoming unusable, so yesterday I had to go out and get a new computer, wich came with Windows 10. Let me say this now. Windows 10 is ABSOLUTE GARBAGE! scream I've had the damn thing for two days, and I can't even find Notepad! gonk Plus, the touchpad is funky, acting more like a touch screen than a touchpad. It tries to autoclick on everything I drag the cursor acros, and of course, there's not one, but TWO sets of mouse click buttons. Not that they work, you can't double click on anything with them. (Not) Surprisingly, the autoclicker feature I mentioned earlier does NOT work when you actually WANT to open something, though it will automatically click on every link and icon you drag it across on the way there. rolleyes Windows 10 is, without a doubt, the WORST version of windows ever made! So thanks, but I'll stick with my XP until I absolutely CAN'T use it anymore. Maybe by then, I'll have finally figured out where they hid that damn Notepad! mad  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:04 pm
If you press the Windows key, you can start typing notepad on the keyboard and it will come up. And then you should be able to right click and pin it to the start window.

... ... ... Wonder what your reaction to Windows 8 would have been. That OS was worse.  

JamesWN

Invisible Hunter

13,800 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Priestess_Kelina

Hilarious Gaian

1,275 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:10 pm
JamesWN
If you press the Windows key, you can start typing notepad on the keyboard and it will come up. And then you should be able to right click and pin it to the start window.

... ... ... Wonder what your reaction to Windows 8 would have been. That OS was worse.
Thanks! I'll try that the next time I attempt to make some sort of sense out of that piece of crap.

I really wanted to just Update my trusty old computer to Windows 7, but I couldn't find anyone who would do it. So I had to settle for a new computer, with Windows 10, and it's driving me crazy! As for 8, I never even considered it. But there had to be a reason they never made a 9, (I think its because 7 ate 9,) so maybe that was worse. All I know is, I'm perfectly happy with Windows XP, and not happy at ALL about having to give it up. crying  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:48 pm
97 nissan pickup manual. I love it. I swear I will fight to have it working.  

delasislas

Friendly Gaian

18,675 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Market Browser 100
OH MY GOD...[[Rant Forum]]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items