[PRP] In This Together, For Now [Lestenna/V'kenti]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 10:03 am
Morning was well underway as Lestenna slid silently back into her own weyr. She'd risen with the sun nearly a candlemark ago, the need to reassure herself of Uridith's status driving her to waking even before her usual hour. The gold, to her pride and delight, was as well as could be, curled tightly against the side of her chosen bronze and taking up combined the entire length and width of the ledge. She'd done her rider proud the night before, and from the faint sense of satisfaction flowing from the still-sleeping gold, Takarath had risen to the gold's expectations.

V'kenti she had spared a glance for, finding him still quite asleep in the expanse of her bed. Even her firelizard was still abed, draped over the back of one of her chairs and snoring in a light, wheezy way. A moment passed, almost awkwardly, as she stood still surrounded by slumber, but she shook it off, action and purpose reasserting itself and thrusting the odd moment away. With utilitarian, practiced if graceless ease, she crossed to the door and slid out, intent that Uridith would alert her if any woke while she was gone.

Retrieving what she wanted took a bit longer than planned (and a few conversations that held her up as she ran across more than one familiar face along the way, all looking at least slightly groggy) but she returned, slipping back into the still-slumbering weyr to the same sight of stillness. She carefully slid the long wooden platter she bore along with her onto the table tucked into one corner of the room, grimacing at the pile of records she'd left piled on the spare chair there. She plucked a few more items from pockets and a bag she'd been given, setting them with the piled tray before seeing to that. Honestly. Uridith had been early enough that she'd not had time to tidy before, though thankfully her somewhat spartan style of living meant there wasn't much to be out of place.

With the table readied and breakfast on hand, she stepped back towards the bed, again regarding the man slumbering within. "Come on then," She eventually reached out, gently but firmly shaking him with a hand against his arm. "V'kenti. The sun's well up already. There's breakfast, and we've things to discuss." Across the weyr the gold stirred, slowly raising a head to whirl sleepy deep blue eyes before nudging Takarath as well.

Nilah44

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 1:51 pm
The previous night's activity had taken it's toll on the pair as both slept more soundly than they had in quite some time. Neither were a stranger to flight lust but actually being chosen by the gold? Now that was a first. The immense emotions that accompanied it had left the pair drained and slept like metaphorical rocks. In the back of his mind as he had fallen asleep, V'kenti had hoped they had made the other pair satisfied with their choice.

Upon the urging of both Lestanna and Uridith's nudge to Takarath, V'kenti stiffened for a fraction of a second while Taka's head popped up quickly. Takarath, much more awake in the mornings, his own eyes whirled green and blue as he gave Uridith a small reciprocal nudge.

The bronze pair were on unsure footing, they weren't extremely familiar with the gold pair so the two weren't sure what to expect. V'kenti, at least, was quite surprised to hear that there was breakfast and after a few short moments that allowed him to get his bearings he sat up. Hazel eyes looked around the room as he was fully able to take stock of Lestanna's room. Simply put, it was free of clutter and it seemed like everything had it's particular place.

He nodded to Lestanna as he put his shirt back on and eyed the table. "Good morning, Lestanna." Ever one for manners, he stood and walked towards the table, pulled out a chair, and offered it to the gold rider.

ShinosBee

Nilah44

Invisible Regular

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 6:14 pm
Sensing somewhat the unsure stress that was circling their male counterparts, Uridith gave a low, approving coo-like noise, gently twining her neck with Takarath for a beat or two. They hadn't expected to win, she understood, but it was exactly because of who they were that they had been the right choice. True they were little known to each other, dragons and riders alike, but what they knew was appealing. Weyr-born, weyr-raised, weyrmated to duty and service to their home. And strong and with stamina to go the distance as well. And that the pair were on the quiet side, and not the favorites of any of the senior golds (or greens, though that mattered very little at all when a gold wanted what she wanted) was not to go unnoticed. If the clutch bore the expected and hoped for fruit, they stood a very real chance of becoming the preferred choice for the future. Though time and hatchings would yet tell for certain.

"Yes, good morning," Lestenna was at the very least courteous, though almost business-like in her movements around the man that had overnight become as close as she had to a lover. "Thank you." She took the offered chair, his deference and kind offer taken simply as the natural way of things already owed to her. She waited of course for him to join her, then took up a sturdy and insulated flask that contained klah, lifting it in an offer to pour. "The flight lust is always strongest if you win. I'm afraid my congratulations must pair with apologies for that, not that it could be avoided."

Across the weyr the gold spread a wing to curl across the back of her bronze partner. My Lestenna is more of business than she need to be. She'll not admit it herself, but we're both glad of our choice. You both performed quite well. There was a bit of cheek to the gold's words to Takarath, but Lestenna showed no reaction though she must have heard them. I will ask you, dear Takarath, as I will admit if we could have but one of you, you would be the choice. Our eggs will be many, I think, for how far you carried me to return home, but I would have you with me on the sands when they hatch. It was less a request and more a statement, with only a hint of insistence, and not wholly unusual. There was about a fifty-fifty chance on any gold permitting the sire involvement. Uridith had ever been the sort to indulge the idea, save once or twice when daylight had made her chosen mate or his rider appear unworthy or ill-tempered.

Nilah44

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 1:23 pm
((Copying posts over from Discord for us both! emotion_bigheart ))

V'Kenti held up the other cup that was on the table and allowed Lestenna to pour. It would likely be a few conversations along the way. Right now, though, Takarath and Uridith had the floor so he nibbled on the bits of food in front of him. "No apologies are required. It's the way of the world is it not?"

Mine likes business so I'm sure he will enjoy these conversations. Takarath replied to Uridith. A soft hum rose from the bronze's chest. It had been some time since he felt the warmth of another like this. If that is what you wish, then it is what we shall do. I will be here throughout it all. If you need me.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lestenna nodded with a quiet, considering 'hmm' and set about working through her own breakfast. The kitchens as always had done well enough, but she was yet all business, and seemed to neither really enjoy or disgust at the plated meal. She simply set a slightly quick, efficient pace and worked her way through the items before her, seeking nutrients, not taste. She did not talk while she ate, though she did occasionally glance V'kenti's way to be sure he was still fine or to see if he was in need of anything, which she'd gladly pass along if he was.

A match they might yet make then, though I fear yours will need some patience with my Lestenna. She has yet to keep company with my chosens' riders more than is necessary, though I know she means to make better attachments here in High Reaches. The gold crooned and leaned slightly against the bronze a bit more as their riders sat and chewed in silence. I would much rather have you around, I think. Have you fathered a clutch before, Takarath? I seem to feel that perhaps you've not. They will come soon enough, and we'll see how well indeed we've done. You've done a thing to be proud of, and, for now, I will not relegate you to the stands with those beneath my choosing. Her tone lilted towards imperiousness near the end, though there was still some good humor laced through it. The gold gave loyalty quicker than her rider, and unless the bronze misbehaved she'd have no real reason to exclude him.

"Your bronze hasn't flown a gold before, is that right?" Lestenna finally probed, when at last her meal was done and gone. "At least I don't recall seeing so in the weyr's records the last I looked." It was not meant as an insult, just an inquiry.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It seems ours have a lot in common. Mine, at least, likely has enough patience for the both of them. Taka thought on the golds words for a moment, long enough to hear Lestenna's question for V'Kenti. No, I have not fathered a clutch yet, so I am doubly grateful that a gold of your nature took notice of me. I hope that I, we, will continue to make you both proud. Takarath meant it. The dragon and rider were committed now and would do their best.

That meant that not only Uridith but also Lestenna would receive an amount of loyalty from the pair they had not really awarded to anyone in the past. Sure it might take some time to prove that to them, especially Lestenna who seemed like V'Kenti in the sense of going it alone, but they would try.

"Takarath has not flown any other golds before. Uridith would be the first." V'Kenti didn't elaborate past that. Taka was 11 turns so he would have definitely had the opportunity. Surprisingly, most of it boiled down to timing. They would take a job here or there and miss the flight. Taka might have been upset but he never let it get to him, especially knowing how his rider tended to be.

Dragons couldn't titter, but Uridith gave the mental impression of the same feeling and sensation. Takarath was so unassuming and gave such deference to her...it was charming, and the gold felt entirely flattered. She'd never been the type of gold to demand praise or devotion, feeling more like a mother to her weyr than a queen, but it was nice to be so highly regarded, especially by such a strapping bronze as this one. You've already done the greatest part, and that enough assures me that I made the right choice. There is no need to worry, Takarath. My Lestenna might seem cold, but I assure you—she cares very much for the weyr and all inside it, and wants very much to do our best for them. As long as you and yours help when she needs it, neither of us could ever find fault with you. Her words were meant to soothe and calm, and hopefully the bronze was able to settle after. Her own wings still ached with the strain she'd indulged in the night before, and he'd had to fly even harder and longer.

Ideally they could spend the day just lounging upon her ledge, and let sleep and time and a well-sated attitude carry them back to full strength.

"Hmm. A lack of interest?" Lestenna questioned, again no judgement was carried in her tone, but she was certainly interested. Then again, with golds so rare, many bronzes went far longer than eleven turns without winning a catch. Many had to simply be sated with greens when they could win them. And some dragons took time to perfect themselves, to grow able to meet the needs of their potential mates. "Regardless, he'll be in the records now. Here's to a large clutch, and one with potential." She lifted her mug, not for a full toast, but in acknowledgement nonetheless. "I'm sure you're already aware, but aside from Takarath's involvement with the clutch, this won't afford you any real promotion. We're the newest gold pair to the weyr...so you won't need to worry about adding more duties, such as those of a junior weyrleader." Her tone was more muddied at that. She herself would not mind more work, but...it was not her place to bid for it. She'd simply to be content with how things were moving around her.

If ever there was a time to listen closely, it was now. Now was their chance to learn what they could about Uridith and Lestenna. Uridith seemed more forthcoming with the information, which, if roles were reversed, would be the same for them. V'Kenti had no problems sitting and idly eating the food in front of him, answering Lestenna's questions and letting the dragons converse. Whatever length of time they would be together, the information gained would be valuable.

Takarath seemed to settle, his head lay content on the floor. Our missions seem to align then. Mine spends so much of his time doing what he can for the weyr. I'm sure ours will get along better than they think. His eyes opened slightly to look at the riders sitting at the table together, secretly hoping for many more mornings like this. Until Uridith clutches and the eggs hatched, surely there would be one or two more.

V'Kenti lifted his mug as well, a small smile on his face. “Here's to a large clutch indeed.” He took a small sip and soon find is he'd his own plate. Nodding along as Lestenna spoke of duties, he knew they wouldn't advance any, but it would likely get their names out there, but almost more importantly, they got some standing with a gold pair. One that seemed aligned with their ideals. “We understand that. Not that we wouldn't take on more responsibility.” We? Chimed the bronze causing the man to smile down at the table. “We would do what needed to be done. And, for the future, if you and Uridith require anything, I hope you'll keep us in mind.” V'Kenti’s gaze looked for Lestenna's, completely serious with a touch of loyalty already present.  

ShinosBee

Nerd

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 1:04 pm
That V'kenti did not demand social niceties or meaningless conversation was something that Lestenna both noticed and approved of. There were no niceties to be observed, and they were well past the point of courtship, as far as the width and breadth of their relationship was going to be, if it played out like those before it born of dragonflight. Wooing each other was a moot point. "I appreciate your willingness to assist. Uridith won't be bothered by the eggs for some time yet, and she's always been self-reliant, but I'll appreciate your future indulgences to her."

The gold snorted where she reclined, and dropped her head to rest it across Takarath's back. If they'd asked her, Lestenna was the one who'd eventually grow protective. She could get on just fine on her own, thank you. It isn't like I've not done this before. It'll be just fine, you'll both see. Though perhaps, if you think they'd get on well, I might feign more needs than usual. See if contact doesn't make them interested in chasing each other, hmm? The last was laced with tones of jest, and only for Takarath's ears. Honestly she knew her Lestenna needed none but herself, but Uridith knew the joys of partnering, and of clutching. Perhaps, if she was agreeable, it was time to see how her rider felt about such things. Only if she got on well with V'kenti though. The gold would forsake her own delight with Takarath if his rider bothered hers.

"If all goes well, I might ask your presence on the sands for the touching, as well. It's ever been a sore spot for Uridith," And here the gold whined again, though she ceased at a look from her rider. "...And I think perhaps having her bronze at hand might help calm her. I'm certain Takarath would be keen to be as involved as he can be, given it's his first."  
[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games