Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Clubs (Looking for Clubs!)
The Daily Dragon - School Newspaper - Open 2061-62 Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 7:55 pm
User Image

A student run newspaper making sure the students of Hogwarts are well informed and up-to-date with any news, gossip, and advice floating around the school. Having been run into the ground for a few terms, it's new re-founder, Wren Argall, has cleared out the old and opened the office for new students who genuinely want to help make the newspaper a success. All positions, except for Editor-in-Chief, are open to any and everyone regardless of year. It had been passed on since his graduation.

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 8:08 pm
๐™ฒ๐šž๐š›๐š›๐šŽ๐š—๐š ๐š‚๐š๐šŠ๐š๐š. . .

Editor-in-Chief
August Li
(Seventh Year, Slytherin)

Managing Editor
Annabella Sheehan
(Sixth Year, Hufflepuff)

Editors
Mallaidh O'Hannigan
(Seventh Year, Slytherin)

Writers
Yukon Knolle
(Fourth Year, Hufflepuff)
Advice and Quidditch

Lucia Edgeworth
(Third Year, Slytherin)
Club correspondent

Elaina Lovette
(Second Year, Gryffindor)

Photographers
Eion Delacroix
(Fourth Year, Ravenclaw)

Eliza Ann Whitmore
(Second Year, Gryffindor)
Quidditch Photographer

Artist(s)
Annabella Sheehan
(Sixth Year, Hufflepuff)

Weslyn Knolle
(Second Year, Hufflepuff)

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 8:36 pm
๐™ฐ๐š™๐š™๐š•๐š’๐šŒ๐šŠ๐š๐š’๐š˜๐š—๐šœ. . .

Writers:
[b]Name:[/b] [url=xx](name of student and link to profile)[/url]
[b]Year:[/b] (year)
[b]House:[/b] (house)
[b]Any experience:[/b] (list any experience student might have, if none say 'None')
[b]Why do you want to be a writer for the Daily Dragon?:[/b] (some good reasons would be welcome)
[b]Do you have a preferred section?: [/b] (e.g. news, features, advice, gossip, quidditch, announcements)
[b]Clubs you're affiliated with or informed of:[/b] (list any clubs your student is involved in)
[b]Do you agree to have your writing reviewed and checked by editors before being published?:[/b] (yes or no)
[b]This position has a deadline, do you understand and can you abide by the deadlines given?:[/b] (yes or no)

Photographers:
[b]Any experience:[/b] (list any experience student might have, if none say 'None')
[b]Why do you want to be a photographer for the Daily Dragon?:[/b] (some good reasons would be welcome)
[b]Do you have your own camera and means to develop pictures?:[/b] (yes or no)
[b]This position has a deadline, do you understand and can you abide by the deadlines given?:[/b] (yes or no)

Artist(s):
[b]Why do you want to be an artist for the Daily Dragon?:[/b] (some good reasons would be welcome)
[b]Please produce an example of your work[/b] (find a comic strip or actually draw something...or describe a drawing)

Editor:
[b]Year:[/b] (must be fourth year and above)
[b]Why do you want to be an editor for the Daily Dragon?:[/b] (some good reasons would be welcome)
[b]Do you agree to having your own decisions checked upon by the Editor-in-Chief?[/b] (yes or no)
[b]This position includes staying late and a neutral standing among the writers and correspondents, can you agree to these terms?[/b] (yes or no)

*Please note that editors and advice columnists must be 4th year and up.

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 8:42 pm
๐™ฐ๐š—๐š—๐š˜๐šž๐š—๐šŒ๐šŽ๐š–๐šŽ๐š—๐š๐šœ. . .

The club is now open to students, it meets on the first floor near the Muggle Studies classroom and is open to members from noon to curfew Monday thru Saturday. Either the supervisory professor or one of the editors will always be in the room for questions or concerns.

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 8:50 pm
๐š‚๐šž๐š‹๐š–๐š’๐šœ๐šœ๐š’๐š˜๐š—๐šœ. . .

Students not on staff have the option of submitting ideas for articles, club announcements, and advertisements as well as other "fun" stuff.

Article for Submission:
[b]Article focus:[/b] (what will it be about?)
[b]Reasons:[/b] (why do you want this to be an article?)

Gossip:
[b]What's the scoop?:[/b] (what's the gossip)
[b]Source:[/b] (either have one or say who you heard it from)

Crushes:
[b]They like WHO?!:[/b] (crush that may or may not be a thing)
[b]Source:[/b] (either have one or say who you heard it from)

Professor of the Week:
[b]Professor:[/b] (name of professor and what they teach)
[b]Reason they should be POW:[/b] (what reason)

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 9:10 pm
User ImageUser Image

โ†ฃ๐’ข๐“‡๐“Ž๐’ป๐’ป๐’พ๐“ƒ๐’น๐‘œ๐“‡ โ†ฃ ๐น๐’พ๐’ป๐“‰๐’ฝ ๐’ด๐‘’๐’ถ๐“‡ ๐’ฏ๐“Œ๐’พ๐“ƒ๐“ˆ โ†ข ๐‘…๐’ถ๐“‹๐‘’๐“ƒ๐’ธ๐“๐’ถ๐“Œโ†ข

As soon as he'd heard about the opening of the school newspaper, Colton had convinced his twin that they both needed to see if they could get jobs on the staff. Colton had requested his parents old film camera (with all kinds of lenses), and they'd happily sent it to him. On the day the club was opening, the older twin led his brother to the club beside the Muggle Studies class. Colton saw the sign up papers, and grabbed two, ready to fill them out. "You want to be a writer, right?" When Connor nodded, Colton grinned and filled out all the paperwork, asking Connor his answers and jotting them all out. Once they were done, he handed them both in, waiting beside his brother for any word on if they'd get the jobs.

{Connor's Application - Writer}
Name: Connor T. Overton
Year: Fifth
House: Ravenclaw
Any experience: My parents are nature and landscape journalists, and I have a couple years novel-writing experience, plus helping the local secondary school help their yearbook editing when home for the summers.
Why do you want to be a writer for the Daily Dragon?: I want to be a news writer when I've graduated, and I find a certain joy with writing. I may be blind, but I feel it gives my writing a unique angle that no one else can quite write.
Do you agree to have your writing reviewed and checked by editors before being published?: Yes, absolutely!
This position has a deadline, do you understand and can you abide by the deadlines given?: Yes, I am good under deadlines.

{Colton's Application - Photographer}
Name: Colton H. Overton
Year: Fifth
House: Gryffindor
Any experience: My parents have been photo-journalists since I was born, and I've gone all over the world helping take pictures. A few of my photos have been published alongside my parents', and I'm great with cameras and other equipment. I also know how to work around a dark room.
Why do you want to be a photographer for the Daily Dragon?: My parents are photographers, and I feel like it is something I could do well to help my school and give me something fun and creative to help relieve stress from OWLs and studying.
Do you have your own camera and means to develop pictures?: Yes, with lots of lenses!
This position has a deadline, do you understand and can you abide by the deadlines given?: Yes!

Sแด›ส€แด€ษดษขแด‡ แดแด€แดขแด‡, แดกสœแด€แด› ษชs แด›สœษชs แด˜สŸแด€แด„แด‡? I สœแด‡แด€ส€ แด แดษชแด„แด‡s แดแด แด‡ส€ แดส sสœแดแดœสŸแด…แด‡ส€,
Nแดแด›สœษชษดษข's แดแด€แด‹ษชษดษข sแด‡ษดsแด‡ แด€แด› แด€สŸสŸ. Wแดษดแด…แด‡ส€, แดกสœส แด…แด แดกแด‡ ส€แด€แด„แด‡?
Wสœแด‡ษด แด‡แด แด‡ส€สแด…แด€ส แดกแด‡'ส€แด‡ ส€แดœษดษดษชษด' ษชษด แด„ษชส€แด„สŸแด‡s,
Sแดœแด„สœ แด€ ๊œฐแดœษดษดส แดกแด€ส แด›แด ๊œฐแด€สŸสŸ. Tส€ษชแด‡แด… แด›แด แดแด˜แด‡ษด แดœแด˜ แดส แด‡สแด‡s,
I'แด สœแดแด˜ษชษด' ๊œฐแดส€ แด€ แด„สœแด€ษดแด„แด‡ แด›แด แดแด€แด‹แด‡ ษชแด› แด€สŸส€ษชษขสœแด›.
I สœแด‡แด€ส€แด… แด‡แด แด‡ส€สแด›สœษชษดษข สแดแดœ sแด€ษชแด…, I แด…แดษด'แด› แดกแด€ษดษดแด€ สŸแดsแด‡ แดส สœแด‡แด€แด…,
Wสœแด‡ษด I แดกแด€แด‹แด‡ แดœแด˜, แด›สœแด‡ แด…ส€แด‡แด€แด ษชsษด'แด› แด…แดษดแด‡.
I แดกแด€ษดษดแด€ sแด‡แด‡ สแดแดœส€ ๊œฐแด€แด„แด‡, แด€ษดแด… แด‹ษดแดแดก I แดแด€แด…แด‡ ษชแด› สœแดแดแด‡.
I๊œฐ ษดแดแด›สœษชษดษข ษชs แด›ส€แดœแด‡, แดกสœแด€แด› แดแดส€แด‡ แด„แด€ษด I แด…แด?
I แด€แด sแด›ษชสŸสŸ แด˜แด€ษชษดแด›ษชษดษข ๊œฐสŸแดแดกแด‡ส€s ๊œฐแดส€ สแดแดœ

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 9:51 pm
First things first
I'ma say all the words inside my head
I'm fired up and tired of the way that things have been, oh ooh
The way that things have been, oh ooh
User Image
User Image

โžธHฮฑโ„“ฦ’ะฒโ„“ฯƒฯƒโˆ‚ โžธฦ“ััƒฦ’ฦ’ฮนฮทโˆ‚ฯƒั ฦ‘ฮนัั•ั‚ ฦณั”ฮฑั โžธฦ‘ั”ะผฮนฮทฮนั•ั‚

โ•ฐโ˜†โ•ฎGi excitedly walked with her brother to submit their applications to be photographers for the school newspaper. She hadn't even known Hogwarts had a newspaper until she saw the announcement on the common room board. And according to Ji, it was being run by a new editor because the old one had disappeared. Or graduated. She hadn't been paying much attention admittedly because she had been too excited! Photography was her thing! She had been afraid she wouldn't be able to properly do anything until her third year when she signed up for art (or just join the art club, that had also been on the board) but this was so much more up her alley! When they made it to the room she eagerly grabbed two applications and forced one into her brother's hand before starting on her own. There was an older boy, much older than even her brother, sitting behind a desk at the front of the room so he must've been the actual editor. Socool. "Hi! I'm Gi! I want to be a photographer!" The teen looked up at her and she tried (and failed) not to fidget at his cool look before he went back to whatever he was writing (it looked like a note but then she wasn't supposed to be snooping).
                                                "Just fill out the application and we'll see where we can put you. Not gonna lie, you look like a strong gust could blow you over so you're prolly gonna be stuck on some boring assignments until your a bit older." he told her bluntly causing her to puff out her cheeks a bit. She wasn't that small! She was only eleven! But then she realized what he had said and began grinning again. He had practically given her the job! "That's fine! As long as I get to contribute!" Gi told him with enthusiasm not even minding the huff he gave her. This was going to be so cool!

Application:
                                                Name: Gi-Seung Cho
                                                Year: First
                                                Any experience: Well, I take photos for fun, and I know how to develop them so, does that count?
                                                Why do you want to be a photographer for the Daily Dragon?: I love taking pictures and I've had a dream to be a wildlife photographer since I was eight years old and this is definitely a way I can keep up with my dream.
                                                Do you have your own camera and means to develop pictures?: Yes!
                                                This position has a deadline, do you understand and can you abide by the deadlines given?: Yes sir! Or ma'am!

Quote:

Second thing
Second, don't you tell me what you think that I can be
I'm the one at the sail, I'm the master of my sea, oh ooh
The master of my sea, oh ooh

User Image  
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 4:51 am
User Image

แต‚โฑหขสฐ แต—สฐแตƒแต— สธแต’แต˜ แถœแต’แต˜หกแตˆ แต‡แต˜โฑหกแตˆ แตƒ แต—โฑแตแต‰ แตแตƒแถœสฐโฑโฟแต‰
                                    หขแต’ สธแต’แต˜ แถœแต’แต˜หกแตˆ หขแต‰แต‰
                                    แต€สฐแต‰ แต—สฐโฑโฟแตหข โฟแต’ แต’โฟแต‰ แถœแตƒโฟ หขแต‰แต‰
                                    แถ แต‰แต‰หกหข หกโฑแตแต‰ สธแต’แต˜'สณแต‰ หขแต—แตƒโฟแตˆโฑโฟแต แต’โฟ แต—สฐแต‰ แต‰แตˆแตแต‰
                                    แดธแต’แต’แตโฑโฟแต แตƒแต— แต—สฐแต‰ หขแต—แตƒสณหข
                                    แดฌโฟแตˆ สทโฑหขสฐโฑโฟแต สธแต’แต˜ สทแต‰สณแต‰ แต—สฐแต‰แต

Ferdie decided to join a club and since his first year was also the first year the paper was making it come back, it was meant to be! He came in and found the applications. He liked writing stories on his own why not write and get published. He liked talking to people so he would be a great reporter. He filled one out for writer and turned it in making sure to be calm and respectful, the things his parents said to do when something was important.

Ferdie's application
                                                                      Name: Ferdinand Delacroix
                                                                      Year: 1
                                                                      House: Hufflepuff
                                                                      Any experience: Not personally but I loved reading the newspaper at home and I like to write.
                                                                      Why do you want to be a writer for the Daily Dragon?: To help others know more of what is going on in school!
                                                                      Do you agree to have your writing reviewed and checked by editors before being published?: yes
                                                                      This position has a deadline, do you understand and can you abide by the deadlines given?: yes

แดตแต—'หข โฟแต’แต— แต’แต›แต‰สณ 'แต—โฑหก โฑแต—'หข แตƒหกหก แต‡แต‰แต‰โฟ หขแตƒโฑแตˆโ€ฌ
                                                                      โ€ชแดตแต—'หข โฟแต’แต— แต’แต›แต‰สณ 'แต—โฑหก สธแต’แต˜สณ แตˆสธโฑโฟแต แต‡สณแต‰แตƒแต—สฐโ€ฌ
                                                                      โ€ชหขแต’ สทสฐแตƒแต— แตˆแต’ สธแต’แต˜ สทแตƒโฟแต— แต—สฐแต‰แต แต—แต’ หขแตƒสธ สทสฐแต‰โฟ สธแต’แต˜'สณแต‰ แตแต’โฟแต‰?โ€ฌ
                                                                      โ€ชแต€สฐแตƒแต— สธแต’แต˜ แตแตƒแต›แต‰ แต˜แต– แต’สณ แต—สฐแตƒแต— สธแต’แต˜ แตแต‰แต–แต— แตแต’โฑโฟแต แต’โฟ?

Yukina101

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100

oyehh

Feral Fairy

24,500 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Vintage 200
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Candy Fiend 150
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 8:14 am
User Image

P E T E RxxxW H Y T E

๏ผฆ๏ผฏ๏ผต๏ผฒ๏ผด๏ผจx๏ผน๏ผฅ๏ผก๏ผฒ xxxโ– xxx๏ผฒ๏ผก๏ผถ๏ผฅ๏ผฎ๏ผฃ๏ผฌ๏ผก๏ผทxxxโ– xxx๏ผญ๏ผต๏ผง๏ผง๏ผฌ๏ผฅ๏ผข๏ผฏ๏ผฒ๏ผฎ

โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”

When Peter saw the notice for the new school newspaper, he wanted to smack himself because he should have thought of that! He'd been a proud member of his elementary school's magazine team so he'd been disappointed when he learned that Hogwarts didn't have a newspaper that he could help with. He was a little irritated that someone had come up with the idea and set it up before him, but he was willing to let that go as long as he got to join the team.

Peter walked as confidently as he could into the room designated as the Dragon's new officeโ€”to put on a show of competencyโ€”only to stop dead when he saw who all were gathered. At a desk near the door sat the head editor, that male prefect who broke up his fight with Mortemer last year, Argent or something, and the blind bat Overton along with his twin brother. Just the sight of them caused irritation to well up inside Peter and if he had any less control, he'd have snapped something about how they didn't belong in this meeting. However, the prefect was here and Peter had more control than that, so he settled for giving Overton a particularly venomous glare (not that the twit could see it) and headed for the prefect's desk. Grabbing an application form, Peter filled it in before putting down on the desk in front of the prefect. "I'm here to apply for a writer's position," he said stiffly before turning his back and going to lean against the wall. He'd considered applying for managing editor, but thinking about looking through some idiot's badly-written article was enough to make him grimace, so he settled for just being a writer; at least then he was only responsible for his own work.

Peter's eyes roamed around and he gave everyone else present an appraising look. Other than the insufferable mole and his twin, there was some Hufflepuff first year and a pair of East Asian kids who looked similar enough to be siblings. Disregarding the twins and the prefect, the lineup didn't seem too bad; at least, he wasn't likely to get too much of a headache dealing with them. Then again, it was only the first meeting, he'd know for sure how bad they were by the end of today's session.

Name: Peter Whyte
                                                        Year: Fourth year
                                                        Any experience: I used to be a member of my elementary school's magazine team.
                                                        Why do you want to be a writer for the Daily Dragon?: I find writing enjoyable and I especially like writing about current events, the non-fictional version, unlike gossip. Now that Hogwarts has a newspaper, I would like to contribute to it, both for fun and because it would give me experience that would be useful in the future as I wish to become a journalist.
                                                        Do you agree to have your writing reviewed and checked by editors before being published?: Yes
                                                        This position has a deadline, do you understand and can you abide by the deadlines given?: Yes

โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”

c u r r e n t l yxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                            โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”“
                                                            a txxDaily Dragon officexxxxxw i t hxxother members
                                                            f e e l i n gxxannoyedxxxxxw e a r i n gxxhis usual button-up

โ”—โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”›

o o c
                                                        โ”โ”โ”โ”
                                                        - - - - - - - - -

username

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 1:07 pm
Orphan Sisters for Life
Fourth Years

User ImageUser Image
                                                  Location : Daily Dragon Office
                                                  With : Each other, Club members...

Alana and Candace walked into the room where the school paper would be worked on by well who really knew how many students. It was the first time in a while Alana was excited to write. She couldnโ€™t wait to write for the newspaper. Candace on the other hand was just as excited to take meaningful pictures. Camera in hand she was so ready to join the paper too. Both Hufflepuffโ€™s went over and grabbed the forms before filling out the corresponding information for their specific jobs.

โ€œI canโ€™t wait to write something.โ€ Alana said with a smile. โ€œYou mean write something that Minako and Kimberly get to see?โ€ Candace asked. โ€œI canโ€™t believe I couldnโ€™t get Kimberly to come. She could have taken pictures with me.โ€ She added on the matter that their Slytherin friend wasnโ€™t joining. โ€œNo, just canโ€™t wait to write something with meaning. It has nothing to do with them seeing it or not.โ€ The brunette answered. โ€œYou know this isnโ€™t Kimiโ€™s thingโ€ฆ besides sheโ€™s not one to take orders you know that.โ€ Alana added. โ€œShe can take orders in Quidditch.โ€ Candace replied. โ€œThatโ€™s different Candy.โ€

โ€œAll I can say is maybe itโ€™s better she isnโ€™t here what with Peter being around.โ€ Candace commented quietly. It was then that Minako walked in all dressed up as if trying to look professional. โ€œWhat are you doing here?โ€ The blonde puff asked the eagle in super. โ€œHola Mina,โ€ Alana greeted. โ€œHello,โ€ She greeted the two before responding to Candaceโ€™s question. โ€œIโ€™m pretty sure Iโ€™m here the same as you both are Candace.โ€ Candace shook her head. โ€œI know that but,โ€ She started to say. โ€œWhy didnโ€™t you tell us?โ€ Alana finished for her. โ€œI gave it the week to make my decision.โ€ Minako admitted.

Going over Minako filled out the application for editor. Candace looked over her shoulder and nearly fell over in shock. โ€œEditor?!โ€ The girl questioned looking dumbfounded. โ€œYes, editor.โ€ Minako replied. โ€œI think youโ€™d be good at it.โ€ Alana replied with a smile. โ€œYou do?โ€ Candace asked. โ€œNot that Iโ€™m saying you wouldnโ€™t.โ€ She added to Minako. Alana nodded back. โ€œShe always looks over my stuff. And sheโ€™s very good at it.โ€ She replied. "Thank you Alana," Minako was not afraid to tell anyone when something didnโ€™t sound or look right. She was a perfectionist at best.

Alana's Application - Writer
                                                  Name: Alana Rivero
                                                  Year: 4th year
                                                  Any experience: Just the writing I do in my spare time.
                                                  Why do you want to be a writer for the Daily Dragon?: I like writing and I thought I could help out the paper. Maybe be a part of something outside of music.
                                                  Do you agree to have your writing reviewed and checked by editors before being published?: Yes.
                                                  This position has a deadline, do you understand and can you abide by the deadlines given?: Yes, I'm good with being on time.

Minako's Application - Editor
                                                  Name: Minako Tanaka
                                                  Year: 4th Year
                                                  Any experience: Not professionally although I have looked over my friends stuff for her.
                                                  Why do you want to be an editor for the Daily Dragon?: I've been known to be a bit of a perfectionist. I figured I could use that and my attention to detail to help the schools paper.
                                                  Do you agree to having your own decisions checked upon by the Editor-in-Chief? Yes.
                                                  This position includes staying late and a neutral standing among the writers and correspondents, can you agree to these terms? Yes.

Candace's Application - Photographer
                                                  Name: Candace Mackenzie
                                                  Year: 4th Year
                                                  Any experience: I take pictures all the time. Nothing professional or anything but I love photography.
                                                  Why do you want to be a photographer for the Daily Dragon?: Like I said I love photography. I've had a love for it all my life pretty much. It's my hobby.
                                                  Do you have your own camera and means to develop pictures?: Yes, although I'll admit it probably isn't the best camera.
                                                  This position has a deadline, do you understand and can you abide by the deadlines given?: Yes, don't need to worry about that.

Alana ~ Status : Happy Theme ~ Attire
                                                  Minako ~ Status : Determined Theme ~ Attire
                                                  Candace ~ Status : Happy Theme ~ Attire

OOC: - - -

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 5:15 pm
User Image
                                                I wanna be a billionaire so ******** bad
                                                Buy all of the things I never had
                                                Uh, I wanna be on the cover of Forbes magazine
                                                Smiling next to Oprah and the Queen

User Image
                                                โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•

Tสœษชส€แด… Yแด‡แด€ส€ || Gส€สา“า“ษชษดแด…แดส€ || Hแด€สŸา“ส™สŸแดแดแด…

Darrell walked into the room, already looking around to see who was here. He didn't quite recognise anyone, but that wasn't hard really. However, he did spot someone from his year, and he gave Ji a slight salute before he went to fill out an application. Turning that over to Wren (man, he always seemed angry for whatever reason, what was his deal?) Darrell proceeded to lean against one of the walls, figuring that he might as well not say much yet and listen before he made an arse of himself. His mum would smack him one of he didn't listen first, that was for sure.

Name: Darrell Cherri
                                                Year: Third
                                                Any experience: I don't quite have experience, though I used to accompany my mum when she was out on assignment.
                                                Why do you want to be a writer for the Daily Dragon?: I actually would like to join the Daily Prophet when I get older. My mum works there, and I always liked the idea of writing articles for it when I get older. This at least gets me experience in the area before I graduate.
                                                Do you agree to have your writing reviewed and checked by editors before being published?: Yes
                                                This position has a deadline, do you understand and can you abide by the deadlines given?: Yes

Thinking: Hrm, I wonder what's going to happen?
                                                OOC:

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Oh every time I close my eyes
                                                I see my name in shining lights, yeah
                                                A different city every night, oh I
                                                I swear the world better prepare
                                                For when I'm a billionaire

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 1:40 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
                                            You can be amazing, you can turn a phrase into a weapon or a drug!
                                            You can be the outcast or be the backlash of somebody's lack of love
                                            Nothing's gonna hurt you the way that words do when they settle 'neath your skin
                                            Kept on the inside and no sunlight, sometimes a shadow wins
                                            xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ๐’ž๐“๐’ถ๐“‡๐’ถ ๐’ž๐“‡๐’พ๐“ˆ๐’ธ๐‘’๐“๐“๐‘’ ๐’œ. ๐ต๐’ถ๐“Š๐“‰๐’พ๐“ˆ๐“‰๐’ถix
                                            โ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–Œ

๏ฟญ Writer Hobbyist ๏ฟญ Fourth Year Hufflepuff ๏ฟญ Halfblood ๏ฟญxxx

ใ€Œ School 2037 ใ€
                                            โ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌ

Clara was so happy that there was finally a club where she can unleash her writing powers... even though she's not exactly the expert, just that she was good at it. But who cares? She loved writing, and was very into writing short stories here and there, also Clara was thinking that maybe being a Columnist won't be a bad choice. Casually walking past Peter as if he wasn't there in the first place, she took a slip and wrote down the things she need before handing it back to the grumpy Slytherin. Walking back and standing by the wall beside the Gryffindor guy, she nodded at him and greeted, "Hey mate, what position are you applying? 'Cause you know, assuming the guy hired us I guess we should know each other or somethin' since we'll be workin' together."

Name: Clara Bautista (for Gossip and Advice Columnist)
                                            Year: 4th
                                            Any experience: Well, I do tend to fish for the going-ons in school all the time. I am a bookworm and I like giving people some advice.
                                            Why do you want to be an advice/gossip writer for the Daily Dragon?: I like to keep people informed to the going-ons with good sources as well as to give some mates a hand.
                                            Do you agree to have your writing reviewed and checked by editors before being published?: Yes.
                                            This position has a deadline, do you understand and can you abide by the deadlines given?: Yes.

โ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌ
                                            ยซ with [The Daily Dragon Club] at [Club Room] ยป

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

๏ฟญ PROFILE ๏ฟญ OUTFIT ๏ฟญ SIGNATURE TUNE ๏ฟญ

xxxxx ยซ Out.Of.Character ยป xxxxx
                                            ooc

But I wonder what would happen if you say what you wanna say.
                                            And let the words fall out, honestly, I wanna see you be brave-
                                            With what you want to say and let the words fall out.
                                            Honestly, I wanna see you be brave!

Yukina101

Diamond Wales

Quote:

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 7:36 pm
You don't want no problem, want no problem with me
You don't want no problem, want no problem with me
Just another day, had to pick up all the mail
There go Chano ridin' through the streets, they be like, "There he go!"
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXUser ImageUser Image
16. | ๏ผญ๏ฝ•๏ฝ‡๏ฝ‡๏ฝŒ๏ฝ…๏ฝ‚๏ฝ๏ฝ’๏ฝŽ | ๏ผณ๏ฝŒ๏ฝ™๏ฝ”๏ฝˆ๏ฝ…๏ฝ’๏ฝ‰๏ฝŽ ๏ผณ๏ฝ‰๏ฝ˜๏ฝ”๏ฝˆ ๏ผน๏ฝ…๏ฝ๏ฝ’ | ๏ผฅ๏ฝ„๏ฝ‰๏ฝ”๏ฝ๏ฝ’-๏ฝ‰๏ฝŽ-๏ผฃ๏ฝˆ๏ฝ‰๏ฝ…๏ฝ† ๏ฝ๏ฝ†
๏ผค๏ฝ๏ฝ‰๏ฝŒ๏ฝ™๏ผค๏ฝ’๏ฝ๏ฝ‡๏ฝ๏ฝŽ

โœ• โœ– โœ—โœ˜ Wren was trying to keep his face from showing any annoyance or irritation-or rather extreme variations of the two-but it was sort of hard when he was continually kicking himself up his own arse. What state of mind had he been in when he thought taking over this club was a good idea? Worse, what state of mind had his head of house been in when he agreed that he should be in charge. The man makes a right call about Arden being a prefect but decides he should be in charge of another group of students? For ******** sake. And of course it would seem like every happy-go-lucky kid in meter radius decided to sign up, including a few first years and that kid that got beat to s**t last year. Wonder if he figured out he wasn't a prefect anymore. Well he wasn't about to be the one to tell him, though he dared the idiot to think he could try and get over on him regardless. The badge was probably the only thing that would've kept him from knocking his head around if he tried. He looked at his watch noting the time and looked to see how many people were already there or coming in before deciding he'd just start. If more people came they could just hear what he said from the first group or whatever.

"Alright we're about to begin so anyone filling out an application or haven't yet grabbed one just wait a minute to listen. As I'm hoping you're all aware, this is the first meeting for the school newspaper aptly named 'The Daily Dragon.' It was created to bring the news to the students of Hogwarts. As of late, it has not lived up to its credence so the old owner fled and handed this to me. With the right approval I've made some changes but kept the overall theme and creed of the paper and with those changes came a new need for staff. Which is what you're all here for. But there are some ground rules before you're out and about pestering the population.

Number one: I'm not your friend. First and foremost I'm your Editor-in-Chief meaning I'm the last line before you're published. If I tell you something needs to be fixed, rewritten, or trashed you do it and not make a nuisance of yourself about it. Trying to, God forbid, butter or soften me up with be met with the greatest resistance since the Berlin Wall.

Number two: and I say this as delicately as I can, not everyone can get the 'cool fun' assignment. Not everything that happens here is fun or cool so deal with it and do your jobs. Number three actually sort of coincides with number two as well; from the applications I've already flipped through, most of you want to be writers, reporters from the looks of it. I'm sorry to say that not everyone can be a reporter and if willing, some of you might have to be delegated to a column if needed. Those of you who are kept on as reporters will be placed in pairs of two, possibly with someone in a year below or higher than your own. The reasoning for this is for those younger to gain experience and for those older gain finesse. Also, it's so first years aren't habitually kicked to the side when trying to write a report due to uppity older years.

When I have everyone's application I'll assign partners and assignments. Partners will be posted outside the door and you can come and get your assignments from the folders on the back desk. That's for everyone, not just writers. I figure you don't want to ask me for every little thing so this gives you a little freedom. However you are welcome to come and find me to suggest an article, just know it has to be done prior to Sunday which is generally when I'll start assigning reports. And before I forget, the paper is printed every first and third Monday of the month so you'll have a bit of time to turn in whatever your assignment is. This will be especially helpful to older years who are getting ready for reviews and tests. If there's any questions please come see me, if not just leave me your application. Those applying for Managing Editor however stay behind."

Wren looked around to make sure no one was starting a rallying cry for his head before going back behind his desk and waiting for whatever. Honestly so far as he's seen no one was crying so he figured he did alright.
Jade Galaksylph

murruelecreuset

Diamond Wales

oyehh

Kungfudemoness

Miss GryffindorK

Ooh, watch me come and put the hinges in their hands
Countin' Benjis while we meetin', make 'em shake my other hand
Milly rockin', scoopin' all the blessings out my lap
b***h I know you tried to cheat, you shoulda never took a nap, hey

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 9:08 pm
User Image
                                                And you ask me what I want this year
                                                And I try to make this kind and clear
                                                Just a chance that maybe we'll find better days
                                                Cause I don't need boxes wrapped in strings
                                                And designer love and empty things
                                                Just a chance that maybe we'll find better days

User Image

Tะฝฮนrd Yeฮฑr || Hฯ…า“า“lepฯ…า“า“ || Hฮฑlา“ะฒlood

Ji had come in with his sister, mostly because they both had the same hobby and wanted to do something with it. However, even he had to facepalm at the teen behind the desk who was passing out the forms. The guy seemed gruff, and even seemed a bit rude as he spoke to his sister, but Gi seemed much too eager to actually sign up that she only huffed for maybe a half of a second. Grinning at her, he filled out his own form and handed it in, backing away and watching the rest of the people file in to fill out their own forms.

When the teen behind the desk decided to address the rest of them, Ji had to pause and wonder exactly why the guy was running the newspaper if he was more inclined to be that blunt. Then again, he didn't know that much about him beyond that he was a Slytherin, he used to be a prefect (he didn't see his badge anywhere so maybe he wasn't wearing it), and he definitely had a bad attitude. In any case, Ji simply kept his mouth shut, reminding himself that Wren sounded a lot like Vince did when they were riding the train together. In any case, he decided maybe it wasn't a good idea to cause any trouble here. He didn't want to get kicked out, after all, and maybe he could keep Gi from being too obnoxious to keep her from being kicked out too. Or well, not obnoxious, argumentative? Either way, he didn't want to see her kicked out because of a bad attitude.

Name: Ji-Yeong Cho
                                                Year: Third
                                                Any experience: I don't have any experience in taking pictures for papers, but I have been in photography as a hobby for years.
                                                Why do you want to be a photographer for the Daily Dragon?: I actually like taking pictures, and me and my sister figured we might as well contribute something to the school newspaper.
                                                Do you have your own camera and means to develop pictures?: Yes

Thinking: Well, this is off to a wonderful start.
                                                OOC:

-โ—ฌ-

I need someplace simple where we could live
                                                And something only you can give
                                                And thats faith and trust and peace while we're alive
                                                And the one poor child who saved this world
                                                And there's 10 million more who probably could
                                                If we all just stopped and said a prayer for them

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25