Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Clubs (Looking for Clubs!)
The Daily Dragon - School Newspaper - Open 2061-62 Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2023 12:31 am
User ImageUser Image
xx Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? News Room
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? 2/4 Wellbeloves, and some hopeful new friends?
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Daily Dragon News
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? This is so cool!

Bieito had stared at the bulletin board for about an hour trying to find which clubs looked nice. He finally spotted one for the school news team - The Daily Dragon - that had been half-tucked behind a flyer for the Hufflepuff Quidditch team. He wasn't particularly interested, until he noticed that the club was hosted by one Milan Wellbelove. Well, perhaps he could go into journalism. Maybe that could somehow be a stepping stone to fashion? If the Wellbeloves were there, perhaps it could be.

On the day of the meeting, Bieito dressed himself in a nice suit, then tucked his pocketwatch into his pocket and headed down. Honestly, he wasn't super sure where to go, but his copied note gave vague directions. Down on the correct floor, he spotted a couple people... aha! They said they were going to the Daily Dragon! Bieito hurried after, stopping outside the door to straighten up his clothes. First impressions were always important, after all.

Walking in, there were quite a few people already in, despite it being a few minutes before time. One of the people he'd followed, Juliette, seemed prepared to start out in three - three! - spots! Bee grabbed one of the application forms, thinking he'd be an okay writer. Wait, did that say they had a fashion column?? "Bonjour, my name is Bieito Escoffier. I would like to apply as a writer, perhaps to the fashion column?" He handed over his paperwork to Milan, blue eyes sparkling up at the older teen. It was weird, to be the son of a model meeting the son of a designer. He wanted to say something then and there, but he remembered his mama telling him not to say he was her son... Maybe later, then? Unless asked... Turning around, he saw one of the Wellbelove girls as well, and he happily wondered if the other two might be making an appearance here as well.

Name: Bieito Césaire Escoffier
                                                          Year: First
                                                          House: Hufflepuff
                                                          Any experience: I've worked with my mom on fashion spreads?
                                                          Why do you want to be a writer for the Daily Dragon?: It might be a nice stepping stone to my future
                                                          Do you have a preferred section?: Fashion, if possible?
                                                          Clubs you're affiliated with or informed of: Art Club and Astronomy Club
                                                          Do you agree to have your writing reviewed and checked by editors before being published?: Of Course
                                                          This position has a deadline, do you understand and can you abide by the deadlines given?: Absolutely

{{Wearing :: An Adorable Lil Suit}}
          addaellis

Tʜᴇʀᴇ ᴡᴀs ᴀ ᴛɪᴍᴇ ᴡʜᴇɴ I ᴡᴀs ᴀʟᴏɴᴇ. Nᴏᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ɢᴏ ᴀɴᴅ ɴᴏ ᴘʟᴀᴄᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴄᴀʟʟ ʜᴏᴍᴇ
          Mʏ ᴏɴʟʏ ғʀɪᴇɴᴅ ᴡᴀs ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴀɴ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ Mᴏᴏɴ, ᴀɴᴅ ᴇᴠᴇɴ, sᴏᴍᴇᴛɪᴍᴇs, ʜᴇ ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ ɢᴏ ᴀᴡᴀʏ, ᴛᴏᴏ
          I ᴀᴍ ᴀ Lᴏsᴛ Bᴏʏ ғʀᴏᴍ Nᴇᴠᴇʀʟᴀɴᴅ, ᴜsᴜᴀʟʟʏ ʜᴀɴɢɪɴɢ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴡɪᴛʜ Pᴇᴛᴇʀ Pᴀɴ
          Aɴᴅ ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴡᴇ'ʀᴇ ʙᴏʀᴇᴅ, ᴡᴇ ᴘʟᴀʏ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏᴏᴅs - Aʟᴡᴀʏs ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴜɴ ғʀᴏᴍ Cᴀᴘᴛᴀɪɴ Hᴏᴏᴋ
          "Rᴜɴ, ʀᴜɴ, Lᴏsᴛ Bᴏʏ", ᴛʜᴇʏ sᴀʏ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴇ, "Aᴡᴀʏ ғʀᴏᴍ ᴀʟʟ ᴏғ ʀᴇᴀʟɪᴛʏ"
          Nᴇᴠᴇʀʟᴀɴᴅ ɪs ʜᴏᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ Lᴏsᴛ Bᴏʏs ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴍᴇ, ᴀɴᴅ Lᴏsᴛ Bᴏʏs ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴍᴇ ᴀʀᴇ ғʀᴇᴇ

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2023 2:24 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? News Room
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Other Newsies
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Opening Daily Dragon
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? Alright, multiple newbies. Cool

Milan looked up when more people walked in, this time being Echo and a student Milan had yet to meet. "There you are, Echo. I was starting to think you'd forgotten club was today." A soft smile showed on his lips, then the younger girl with the super blonde hair spoke up. Apparently her name was Juliette, but she went by Jewels. Wait. They went by Jewels. Perfect. Before he could answer their question, all three forms had been filled in. Milan adjusted his glasses, then read them all over. "Okay, it looks like you'd be best suited under writing or art. Your drawing skill is really good. Perhaps a couple smaller written pieces, then a spread under the artists page? Sound cool for now?" He waited for an affirmative, then turned to the board. Under Artists and Misc Writers, he wrote up Jewels as requested.

"Though, if you did want to take a crack at photography, Daphne over there would be a great person to ask. Or Taylor, whenever she gets here." He pointed over to Daphne, who sent back a happy wave. "I'd love to help! C'mon, I've even got an extra camera you can borrow." Milan sent over a nod to the brunette, then turned back to the door when another kid walked in. This one was a boy, dressed in a rather formal outfit... then again, so was he. This one introduced himself as Bieito Escoffier... and for a moment, the name sounded familiar. But... no way. Tiphanie Escoffier definitely didn't have any kids. Must be a weird coincidence.

Bieito asked specifically about the fashion column, then handed over his application. "A new fashionista, eh? Well, you've certainly got the attire to prove it. Let's start you out under miscellaneous writing, but I'll definitely see about getting you into the column. Usually the specialty columns are for third years and older, but I happen to be in close with the captain, so let's make it happen." Milan sent over a wink, turning to write Bieito's name under both sections. It was weird, this kid dressed so much like him, even bearing the same hair and eye color... but that smile was something first year Milan had never worn. Still... what a weird sense of déjà vu.

{{Wearing :: A Crisp Suit, minus Jacket}}
          addaellis

✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮
          Tᴡɪsᴛɪɴ' ᴡᴏʀᴅs, ᴡᴇ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ sᴀʏ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴍᴇᴀɴ
          Bʀᴏᴋᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ɢʟᴀss, ᴛʜɪɴɢs ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ sᴛᴀʏ ᴇᴠᴇʀɢʀᴇᴇɴ
          Iᴛ's ʙᴇᴇɴ ᴀ ʜᴀʀᴅ ᴘɪʟʟ ᴛᴏ sᴡᴀʟʟᴏᴡ ᴀɴᴅ ɴᴏᴡ
          Wᴇ'ʀᴇ ᴄᴏᴍɪɴ' ᴅᴏᴡɴ, ᴡᴇ'ʀᴇ ᴄᴏᴍɪɴ' ᴅᴏᴡɴ
          Wɪsʜ I ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ɢᴏ ʙᴀᴄᴋ ᴛᴏ ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴡᴇ ᴡᴏʀᴇ ʜᴀᴘᴘʏ ғᴀᴄᴇs
          Bᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴇ sᴍɪʟᴇs ᴀʟʟ ғᴀᴅᴇ ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴡᴇ ᴄʜᴀɴɢᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ᴇʀᴀsᴇ ᴛʜɪs
          Is ɪᴛ ᴛᴏᴏ ʟᴀᴛᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ʏᴏᴜ sᴛᴀʏ? Is ɪᴛ ᴀʟʟ ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴀ sᴛᴀᴛᴇ ᴏғ ᴍɪɴᴅ?
          ✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2023 6:06 pm
She lives in a fairy tale
Somewhere too far for us to find
Forgotten the taste and smell
Of a world that she's left behind

User Image
User Image

Hufflepuff Second Yeɑɾ 🧏‍♀️ Unpɑid Inteɾn 🧏‍♀️ Alwɑγs Wɑtching

☆¸¸ .•*¨★Sierra had actually looked forward to coming back to the daily dragon having had enjoyed working with the older students last year. None of them treated her weirdly or like a child when she didn't speak and even helped her before she realized she was struggling with her prints. It sucked that some of them would be leaving after this year but she was determined to at least enjoy it before they left. She noted that Milan looked better than he had last year, especially after that scary fall, and as she grabbed her form she looked over the spots for stories on the whiteboard. The preteen wasn't completely sure if she was up for writing stories yet but it wasn't in the "hell no" category it'd been in previously. Spying the overdressed first year (and she only knew that because she watched him get sorted) and overhearing his spiel she just sighed and hoped she wouldn't get paired with him. "Typi

Name: Sierra Whitethorne
                                            Year: Second
                                            Any experience: I was in the club last year. Does that count?
                                            Why do you want to be an artist for the Daily Dragon?: I like drawing and enjoy allowing people to see kinda what I see
                                            Please produce an example of your work [x]
                                            This position has a deadline, do you understand and can you abide by the deadlines given?: Yes

Keep your feet on the ground
When your head's in the clouds
Well, go get your shovel
And we'll dig a deep hole
To bury the castle, bury the castle

Quote:

User Image

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2023 11:04 pm

User Image Σℂ ⊱∫
JULIETTE CORINNE DELACROIX

first year || Gryffindor || quarter veela
Daily Dragon Junior Writer and Camera Tripod || Quidditch Announcer-in-Training || Music Club appreciator
dipping their toes in Astronomy Club || Art of the Sword || Art Club

”Of course not,” Echo replied with a scoff. ”It did take me a little longer to get ready, but it’s not like I would shirk my responsibilities here.”

Jules handed in the forms along with their sketchbook to the Big Editor, who adjusted his glasses and looked them over. He praised their drawing skills and immediately had a plan to start them on a few smaller written pieces before working on a spread for the artist’s page. Neat! They would have to let Daddy know as soon as they could.

Jules nodded, taking their sketchbook back and watched as the Big Editor assigned them a spot on the board–wait who–”Oh, Jules like work! J-U-L-E-S.”

They approved of the misspelling though– at least it was better than Julie. Jewels are cool too. Jewelette. Heehee.

Big Editor pointed out Daphne for photography, or Taylor, who wasn’t here yet, and Jules nodded, making their way over to Daphne when called. She even had an extra camera too!

A couple of other students entered in the meanwhile, and Jules waved over at them before paying attention to what Miss Daphne had to say. ”Thank you for teaching me.”

Echo looked up from the typewriter when she heard yet another first year introduce himself. She exchanged a glance with Milan and knew they must be on the same wavelength– Tiphanie Escoffier was a well-known model in the wizarding fashion world, but she hadn’t had any kids last Echo had heard. The wizarding world was so very small that the same surnames were rather rare. Bieito was dressed to the nines though, even sporting a starry constellation tie that she had seen in a fashion magazine just that week. Definitely in the ins of fashion. Too much of a coincidence. Perhaps it would be worth investigating.

setting lost > Daily Dragon room, September 2059 || with Lots of old people
appearance 4'8" slim ||wearing Pale green romper with milk and cookies socks
status Daddy used to work here!

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
Hues that you carry inside, they reside in the depths of your heart
Flickering red and blue lines intertwine, drifting in from afar
I’ll sing a song to you ringing so strong through the fiercest of winds
My voice will carry the words that I held here resounding within
Σℂ ⊱∫
"Suzume no Togimari" by RADWIMPS for Suzume. English Cover by IN0RI

addaellis

Trickblues

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2023 1:20 pm
User Image
Spooky, scary skeletons
Send shivers down your spine
Shrieking skulls will shock your soul
And seal your doom tonight

User Image

Halfblood | Seer | First Year Ravenclaw | Eleven Years Old
Astronomy Club | Daily Dragon Writer | Dueling Club - Occasional Observer | Language Club | Music Club Violist
Early September 2059 The Daily Dragon With: All sorts of new faces.
Wearing: Hogwarts Gothic with an ink-blotched scarf Status: "It'd be nice to make some friends here."

═══════════════════XXXX═══════════════════

Uriel has had every intention of joining The Daily Dragon since as far back as he can remember. For the longest time, the only people outside of his family that he ever got to know were Moira’s friends, who had affectionately and sarcastically referred to themselves as the ‘potato gang’ because of their ‘mascot’ Yukon Knolle. As with all of Moira’s friends, Uriel looked up to Yukon. He was a man that suffered his own hardships certainly (and oh, as did they all–that group’s endless trauma certainly explained why they lacked a single boundary amongst themselves), but he persevered and thrived through it. At one point Yukon had run the newspaper alongside Eion Delacroix, and Eion? Well, that was Yuri’s brother now. The only man he held in higher esteem was his own father. So, it stood to reason that Uriel wanted to make him proud. It helped that he loved to write. And he always enjoyed hearing stories about The Rising Star Duo’s Dragon days. It’d be nice to have some of his own to share the next time he saw them both.

His brother-in-law seemed to have faith in him as well. It wasn’t long before word of Uriel’s sorting got home. Not counting his ghostly grandfather in Hufflepuff, it seemed the men of the house were all Ravenclaw and Slytherin stayed with the women… Besides his mum, the American. Yuri received a package shortly after containing a house scarf stained with black ink. A hand-me-down from Eion. He’d never gotten a hand-me-down before. Moira’s endless rotation of frilly pink dresses weren’t exactly his style, after all. His original scarf was quickly forgotten in the trunk by his bed, and Uriel has proudly worn that ink stained fabric ever since.

As he walked down the corridors on his way that evening, he felt a sudden presence via an arm sliding over his shoulders. Uriel did not startle, though he chanced a glance at who had decided to join him. He was met with the glint of sunlight off glasses and a sharp smile to match. “Yuri, right?” The boy asked. As they walked, the sunlight fell from their faces. The eyes behind those thick rims were a piercing blue. “Don’t suppose you’re gunning for the paper as well, are you?”

“It’s Uriel, actually…” He replied. “Though I don’t mind Yuri. And you’re… Ivan. Yes, he was sure that was right. Ivan Cross from Hufflepuff.

“You’ve got it!” The other boy seemed pleased as punch, and his smile was infectious.

“You’re joining the paper too then, I suppose?”

Ivan nodded. “Seems I’ve gotten myself a touch lost, though. Mind if we walk together?”

Uriel shook his head. “Not at all.”

They carried on light conversation up until they found the club room. Despite being a few minutes early, the room seemed rather lively as several others had already made their way inside. A few upperclassmen, a girl maybe a year or two above, another boy from classes– ‘Something French, but what was it…?’-- and… Oh, Jules! Of course they were here. They seemed busy talking with one of the older girls about cameras though, so he left her with only a friendly pat on the shoulder and a wave as he passed by. It was a shame they hadn’t talked about this sooner–they could have come together! Ah well. Next time.

There was a strange aura in the air, Yuri thought. ‘Few connections here, aren’t there? Must be a tight-knit group…’ But how true was that, considering there were so many newbies right now? ‘No, the two there are clearly siblings, but… Hm. Must be an off day.’

“How do we know who’s the editor?” Ivan covered his mouth with a hand as he whispered to him. Uriel nodded towards Milan, and who he was certain was his sister. They looked dead alike.

“The guy, Milan. It was posted on the clubs sheet, didn’t you read it?”

Ivan adjusted his glasses, his gaze fixed on the forms as he picked one up. “I may have skimmed…” At that, Uriel snickered. He seemed nice enough. While his companion debated between which application to do, Yuri already knew he was going to write. He took his application and stepped towards the slightly older girl who was quietly by herself, since everyone else seemed rather pre-occupied at the moment. No time like the present to make a new friend, he supposed.

“Hi. Do you mind if I sit with you?” He asked with a light tap on her shoulder and a warm smile. “I’m Uriel. It’s nice to meet you. What do you do for the paper?”

--

Name: Uriel Payne
                                                              House: Ravenclaw
                                                              Any experience: I write daily, though I haven't done much in article format.
                                                              Why do you want to be a writer for the Daily Dragon?: I love to write. My sister's husband and their friend also have told me stories about their newspaper days, and I'd like to make my own. I want to help, and maybe find a way to add to the paper in the future.
                                                              Do you have a preferred section?: News and features. I wouldn't mind Quidditch or Announcements either.
                                                              Clubs you're affiliated with or informed of: Astronomy Club, Dueling Club, Language Club, Music Club, Quidditch
                                                              Do you agree to have your writing reviewed and checked by editors before being published?: Yes
                                                              This position has a deadline, do you understand and can you abide by the deadlines given?: Yes

════════════════════════════════════════════════

OOC:
                                                              Adda made a joke at me about Uriel sensing some fate threads in here. I rolled with it, don't mind me. xd

Tagging Adda for a poke at Jules,
                                                              and Yuki for attempt at friendship with Sierra! heart
                                                              addaellis

Yukina101

Spirits, supernatural, are shy
                                                              What's all the fuss?
                                                              But bags of bones seem so unsafe
                                                              It's semi-serious!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2023 2:30 pm
User Image
Merciless memories
They're ringing on so unforgivingly
They show no intent of letting me go free
And if I close my eyes, and try to drown them out they only grow
They're closing in and far away you laugh

User Image

Muggleborn | First Year Hufflepuff | Eleven Years Old
Quidditch | Adventurer's Guild | Daily Dragon | Drama Club | Dueling Club
Early September 2059 The Daily Dragon With: Everyone
Wearing: Outfit Status: What to do...

Hogwarts Castle was turning out to be even harder to navigate than Ivan had previously imagined. He was pretty sure he knew where he was going, but then he would turn a corner and be lost all over again. For a moment he worried he would be late for the first Daily Dragon meeting, but a shadow managed to catch his eye–or rather, a boy clad in black. He was pretty sure he knew that boy, in fact!

Ivan might have been more careful about getting up close and personal with other students, but this boy seemed especially calm in class. He didn’t seem the sort to mind; he might be the type to appreciate the gesture, even. So, he slung his arm over his shoulders as if they were already long established friends, and this was just a regular Friday afternoon. The other boy looked at him with dark eyes that seemed practically endless, yet the air he gave off wasn’t scary or agitated in the least. Ivan asked his name, and Yuri–actually Uriel, but he said he could call him Yuri anyway so Ivan would–gave him a kind smile when he managed to guess his own right. The Ravenclaw didn’t mind one bit as they walked together like old companions, making easy conversation along the way.

Yuri even seemed to know quite a bit, like who the actual editor was once they entered the club room. There were a few older students, and to Ivan who had only seen “newspaper” on the clubs roster and went for it, he hadn’t the slightest guess at the time. The only people he recognized were a girl from the common room and his roommate–Oh, Bieito was there. Gazing upon Editor Milan as if he had just seen the face of God. ‘Thaaaat’s interesting.’ Ivan thought to himself. 'Dr. and Dr. Cross would have a field day with that, I imagine.'

When it came to the applications, Ivan wasn’t actually sure what he wanted to do himself. He wanted to write, absolutely, but photography… It sounded fun. But he didn’t exactly have a camera. Would that be a problem? He supposed if he wrote home, he might convince his parents to get him one. This was a respectable club after all, and photography a perfectly reasonable creative outlet… ‘Yeah, I can probably swing it. So both. I’ll try both. And if it’s too much, I’ll stick with whatever’s best.’

--

Name: Ivan Cross
                                                              Any experience: None really. My class essays always came with top marks if that counts?
                                                              Why do you want to be a writer for the Daily Dragon?: I think getting involved with the news would help me to learn about the magical community better. This is new to me.
                                                              Do you have a preferred section?: Anything that involves interviewing others. I like that sort of thing.
                                                              Clubs you're affiliated with or informed of: Adventurer's Guild, Drama Club, Dueling Club, Quidditch
                                                              Do you agree to have your writing reviewed and checked by editors before being published?: Yes

Name: Ivan Cross
                                                              Any experience: None. No better time to learn than on the job, right?
                                                              Why do you want to be a photographer for the Daily Dragon?: Truthfully, it just sounds fun. I'd like to give it a go.
                                                              Do you have your own camera and means to develop pictures?: Not yet, but I can probably get one.

OOC:
                                                              Username

Will the rain falling down ever find an ending?
                                                              All this time I've been waiting in the freezing cold
                                                              Will the rain ever leave me alone, I wonder why it chose
                                                              To follow me when there's nowhere else I can go

Trickblues

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2023 5:33 pm

User Image
User Image

☆¸¸ .•*¨★Sierra had just finished putting her signature on her cartoon when she was startled by a tap at her shoulder and a boy beside her. A boy attempting to talk to her even. Her eyes unconsciously widened in alarm even though logically-even emotionally-she knew nothing was going to happen. However after years of random hands being waved in her face, people putting their faces literally three inches away from her own as if that would make her hear them better, and the worse being the ones who attempt to physically remove her aide, "because it's just a joke Whitethorne, can't you take a joke?!" Ugh. So suffice to say, she startled easy but she was working on it. But not now. After blinking a bit to recalibrate herself from the few seconds of staring, Sierra flushed slightly as she went through her bag for her familiar notebook. Grabbing it, she opened to an empty page and wrote out her usual spiel and even a little more (she did say she was trying). "Hi, I'm Sierra. I'm deaf and I don't talk much so unless you know BSL I pretty much use notes. I do art for the comic portion but I'm hoping to add more for others. What about you?" She deserved a good deed brownie today.

Well, go get your shovel

Trickblues

User Image

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2023 6:44 pm
User Image
Spooky, scary skeletons

User Image

Halfblood | Seer | First Year Ravenclaw | Eleven Years Old
Astronomy Club | Daily Dragon Writer | Dueling Club - Occasional Observer | Language Club | Music Club Violist
Early September 2059 The Daily Dragon With: All sorts of new faces.
Wearing: Hogwarts Gothic with an ink-blotched scarf Status: "It'd be nice to make some friends here."

Yuri was a little surprised by the panicked expression on the girl's face, and even more-so when she turned to grab her notebook. He tilted his head and watched curiously as she wrote something down, but once he got to read it, sounded a hum of understanding. "I see..." Her name was Sierra and she was deaf. That posed an interesting challenge. Fortunately it seemed she could understand him with her hearing aid, because Uriel was painfully aware his handwriting was atrocious. Something like a doctor's scrawl is what he was always told. Certainly not good enough to make a good first impression in this situation... It was something to work on, but in the meantime, he was very fortunate that he would be able to get away with a typewriter here.

"I don't know BSL... Yet," he mentioned as he read, "But I'll be with the Language Club, so maybe that'll change soon?" It would be nice, anyway. One of many languages that would prove useful in his family's line of work. She mentioned she was an artist for the paper, and hoped to expand upon that somehow. Yuri thought that was a very admirable goal and couldn't wait to see her work for himself. There was so much to learn here. "Can't draw to save my life, myself. I'm rubbish with a pencil. But I like to think I can write. I was thinking it might be fun to cover the news... And maybe features?" He looked down at his application while he scribbled the answers down with a pen. "I like the straightforward things. Gossip and fashion aren't really something I know how to talk about." Uriel looked back up to her with a polite smile and offered his hand to shake. "With that said I'm not sure that we'll be working with each other directly very often, but I look forward to getting to know you nonetheless. Who knows? Maybe we could be friends."

OOC:
                                                              Yukina101

What's all the fuss?
                                                              It's semi-serious!

Trickblues

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2023 8:00 pm

User Image
User Image

☆¸¸ .•*¨★Sierra snorted a bit at Uriel's mention of BSL but not unkindly. It was nice of him to even consider learning it she figured. She had seen signs for the Language Club but considering her predilection for not speaking she hadn't seen the point. She nodded as he commented about his lack of artistic qualities and mentioned how he was hoping to get on features and columns as gossip and fashion wasn't something he knew much about. Understandable to her, truthfully any gossip she learned was by accident as sometimes people forgot she could hear with her aides. And as for fashion, she had just learned that there were different patterns of plaid (who knew!?). She thought it was interesting how some people could go on and on about it and truthfully she did enjoy looking at certain pieces but beyond that she was pretty neutral. Sierra was surprised a second time as Uriel offered a hand with the comment that while they possibly wouldn't work together they could still be potential friends. Huh. She made sure to shake his hand with a small grin before grabbing her pad again writing another note. "Same here. To both things. Even if we won't get to work together, we'll still see each other in the club room. What other clubs were you considering joining besides Language?"

Well, go get your shovel

Trickblues

User Image

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2023 8:36 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? News Room
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Lots of thoughts
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Daily Dragon
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? It was a nice Winter Break

Milan had to admit he was pretty glad to be back at school after the cold of winter break. It had been a lovely holiday, including all four of the kids getting gifts from a so-called "anonymous friend". The gifts turned out to be hand-knit sweaters, each done up in their favorite colors. Admittedly, Milan had had to struggle to keep tears from falling at the thought of someone thinking him a friend enough to make him a sweater. Upon trying it on, he was even more shocked with how well it fit. Okay, so someone had his dimensions. Perhaps it had been one of his sisters... but then why keep it anonymous? It was strange.

When it was time for the Daily Dragon to start back up for the spring semester, Milan headed in early, his favorite insulated mug full of caramel mocha. He'd also stopped by the kitchens to collect an order of fanciful cookies, which he brought along with him. In the news room, he set the tray of cookies on the head desk, grabbing a frosted sugar cookie to munch on while he started working on all the specific stories they'd need to collect this week. Quidditch, perhaps a thought on strategies for the final games? Or maybe just an update... Then he had to figure out what would be their headliner. Perhaps one of the people in the club would have a grand idea for their lead story. After all, they all had lots of great ideas the rest of the year. Plus, he'd been a bit too preoccupied studying to pay much mind to the ever-powerful rumor mill.

{{Wearing :: Nice Attire, New Sweater}}
          addaellis

✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮
          ✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2023 3:23 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? News Room
xxx Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Milan
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Thinking up a story
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? He likes the sweater I made!

Daphne had had a lovely holiday break, actually being able to catch up with her dad, since he was normally gone. Her mom had moved her sewing machine out of her otherwise cramped room, citing that she couldn't use it without more space. Luckily, Daphne was more worried about her knitting needles than those for sewing. She'd worked tirelessly for a couple days to finish knitting some cozy sweaters, then sent them out. Four to the Wellbelove family, one to Dominik, and one each to her brothers. Both brothers had more or less dismissed her hard work, but she tried not to let that get to her. They'd always been terrible gift-getters. Plus, they didn't get anything for her, claiming that uni was too expensive. But she had gotten one super nice gift, being a brand new camera with all the accessories from her dad.

When she walked into the news room, she was surprised to see Milan there, wearing the sweater she'd "anonymously" gifted to him. Maybe they liked her work after all? Maybe that was the key. If she just continued to fly under the radar, people might like her more than just... outright being herself. "Good morning, Milan. I got those pictures from the last game, as well as some of the announcing team. Oh, and a few various shots around the school for some of the stories we had listed." She set them on the head desk in the room, then went back to the smaller desk she usually used to write out notes for various stories. She set down her heavy camera bag and started assembling her new camera. There was ever one club that didn't make headlines, and only because it could seem biased to host stories on them. Daphne was determined to get some good shots of their crack team of journalists.

"Awesome, thanks. If you can think up headlines, I'll give you the titles. In the meantime, have a cookie. Everyone else should be here soon." Milan spoke, looking through the pictures sipping his coffee. Daphne grabbed a chocolate chip cookie to nibble while she set out her notebook and worked to think up some good headlines.

{{Wearing :: Warm Knit Dress}}
I ɢᴏᴛ ᴀ ᴘᴏᴄᴋᴇᴛ, ɢᴏᴛ ᴀ ᴘᴏᴄᴋᴇᴛғᴜʟ ᴏғ sᴜɴsʜɪɴᴇ
I ɢᴏᴛ ᴀ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴀɴᴅ I ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɪᴛ's ᴀʟʟ ᴍɪɴᴇ
Wɪsʜ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ, ʙᴜᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀɪɴ'ᴛ ɢᴏɴɴᴀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴍᴇ
Dᴏ ᴀɴʏᴛʜɪɴɢ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ᴛᴏ ᴄᴏɴᴛʀᴏʟ ᴍᴇ
Tᴀᴋᴇ ᴍᴇ ᴀᴡᴀʏ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇᴛᴛᴇʀ ᴅᴀʏs, ᴀ ʜɪᴅɪɴɢ ᴘʟᴀᴄᴇ
Tʜᴇʀᴇ's ᴀ ᴘʟᴀᴄᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ I ɢᴏ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɴᴏʙᴏᴅʏ ᴋɴᴏᴡs
Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ʀɪᴠᴇʀs ғʟᴏᴡ ᴀɴᴅ I ᴄᴀʟʟ ɪᴛ ʜᴏᴍᴇ
Aɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ's ɴᴏ ᴍᴏʀᴇ ʟɪᴇs, ɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀʀᴋɴᴇss ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ's ʟɪɢʜᴛ
Aɴᴅ ɴᴏʙᴏᴅʏ ᴄʀɪᴇs, ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ's ᴏɴʟʏ ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2023 2:36 pm
User Image
Spooky, scary skeletons

User Image

Halfblood | Seer | First Year Ravenclaw | Twelve Years Old
Winter 2060, Back from Break The Daily Dragon With: Ivan, Daphne, Milan
Wearing: Hogwarts Gothic with an ink-blotched scarf Status: "Job well done."

“Anyone know of a drying charm?” Uriel walked into the Daily Dragon office first, notebook in hand. He himself was dry as a bone, with an amused smile on his lips as he sat this bag beside his usual typewriter. “Ivan had a little incident while we were getting our story.”

Ivan entered right then, adjusting his glasses on his face with one hand. The other held his camera, which just so happened to be the only part of him that wasn’t positively soaked. He heaved a heavy sigh as he continued to check that his camera did indeed survive. “That Peeves… Why didn’t you get wet, anyway?”

“He likes me?” was Uriel’s guess. Though truth be told, he was pretty certain that all students were fair game when it came to their resident poltergeist. It was more likely Uriel had just been wise enough to duck when he saw impending doom. Ivan, on the other hand, was determined to get a good shot. That left him an easy target.

“Ah, right. Uriel Payne, Ghost Whisperer. How could I forget?” Ivan dropped his things at his own usual station on the other side of the room. Several rumors had surfaced over the first semester regarding Uriel’s home life, most notably that he was slicing and dicing corpses then enslaving their ghost, or something equally ridiculous. They weren’t entirely false. Most of his friends growing up were in fact the ghosts living in the cemetery, but Yuri certainly wasn’t slicing and dicing anyone. Definitely wasn’t keeping a list of potential victims. His work as a mortuary assistant was strictly business and morbid fascination. There was not a hint of malice behind it. But people liked to talk, and Yuri didn’t mind. It was sometimes fun to play into the jokes and spook the more annoying classmates, if he were being honest. It got them off his back.

That was at least partially why Uriel’s current story was a one-on-one interview with Peeves the Poltergeist. Was it a challenge? Absolutely. But he got the scoop, and all it cost him was one sopping wet photographer. “You got the shot, didn’t you?”

“I sure hope so. I'll get on developing it right away, but...” Ivan finally put down his camera after he was satisfied everything survived the battle on the staircase. If all went like the Hufflepuff hoped, he might have gotten a great action shot of Peeves hurling a bright blue balloon right at the lens. It’d be magnificent. In the meantime, he was shivering. “Daphne, you don’t happen to know a charm for this, do you?”

OOC:
                                                              I cannot be bothered to insert both of them separately so we get a first year two-for-one special.
                                                              Cinnabun Gryffie

What's all the fuss?
                                                              It's semi-serious!

Trickblues

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2023 3:13 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? News Room
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Daphne, Ivan, & Uriel
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Daily Dragon
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? At least it was only water?

Milan looked up from the photos he'd been sorting through when Uriel and a very wet Ivan walked in. Apparently they'd run into a bit of an issue with getting their story. Milan let out a laugh, listening as they mentioned Peeves. "Yea, you need to watch out for him. He once dumped a full ink pot over my new suit. I was very unhappy that morning." The two commented on why Uriel hadn't gotten wet, which was attributed to his ghostly friendship. Of course, Milan had heard the rumors, but Uriel Payne was such a nice person, he didn't take much belief that he was some sort of psycho knife-murderer or anything.

He flicked his wand over toward Ivan, a swirl of warmth spun around the boy, accompanied by the soft scent of freshly laundered fabric. Daphne had stepped over to take the camera, a bit of her own magic working to make sure the inner-workings were dry. "It looks like you kept the camera safe, at least. Good job on that. These aren't cheap." She was glad Milan had gotten Ivan dry, but she just had to hope their film hadn't been ruined. "We can develop the film in the darkroom, then if it doesn't turn out well, I'll show you how to use a telescoping lens, deal?" A grin touched her face, and she handed Ivan back his camera before grabbing her own. The main lens was removed, swapped out by the much bigger telescoping lens. Man, she loved this new camera. "And if it turns out well, we can look at ways to maybe avoid getting pestered by Peeves." Milan offered a toothy grin, still a bit lopsided where his jaw had broken the year prior.

{{Wearing :: Nice Attire, New Sweater}}
          TrickBlues

✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮
          ✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2023 4:03 pm

User Image
User Image

☆¸¸ .•*¨★Sierra walked energetically to the newspaper clubroom with her two bags of snacks balanced on top of her notebook and pencils. The winter holidays had been pretty normal; her dad had managed to come home to spend a late Yule with them which was always fun and he'd bought gifts on top of the ones he'd already sent. Including a small chest positively filled to the brim full of snacks he'd collected here or there on his travels. The ones she was currently carrying were from Eastern Asia (she couldn't remember if it was Korea or Thailand) and were positively the best candied popcorn she'd ever had. In an effort to be more-ugh-friendly and because she promised her mum she wouldn't come home with any cavities, she was spreading her boon with her cohorts. She had managed to already give a bag to another friend as a thank you for the gift she was currently wearing finding the slightly wonky knit beanie adorable and oddly touched the other puff had even thought of her.

When she arrived at the room she found allot of the members already there as well as cookies set out, she's guessing from one of the older students, to which she added her snacks as well. She spotted Uriel and gave him a quick wave before depositing her new sketches to Milan for perusal. Some were for the usual comic corner while others were more candid, Sierra was thinking perhaps to add a sort of "slice of life" type of deal with various students and artifacts captured in mundane acts on paper. Her favorite being one of a portrait leaning in its frame to whisper gossip to one of the suits of armor. After her deposit, Sierra made her way to her friend-again shocking-and made sure to offer him one of the popcorns. "Hello, you should definitely try these before the others do. They're really really good!" She jotted in her notebook while also popping some of the strawberry flavored ones in her mouth.

Well, go get your shovel

Trickblues

Cinnabun Gryffie

User Image

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2023 11:43 pm
User Image

I am just a new b o y
                                                S t r a n g e r in this town

╔════════════════════════════════╗
                                                Syd Barrett
                                                Sixteen Years Old - Sixth Year - Ravenclaw - Halfblood
                                                Quidditch Vice Captain & Seeker
                                                Daily Dragon & Art Club Artist

╚════════════════════════════════╝

Syd had a very typical holiday. He spent the majority of the time with his immediate family and Penny’s boyfriend, who seemed to tag along with her wherever she went. Luckily he was old enough now that not only did she not mind him hanging around while the couple smoked pot, but she even shared some of hers with him throughout the holiday. If only she knew what drugs he had been taking while at school. Oddly enough, he hadn’t had too many drug withdrawals over the break. The only withdrawal he seemed to have was for Echo. It was as if his body craved hers. Alas, his hand became his new best friend over those couple of weeks while he waited for school to start back up again so he could be with her. Maybe that was why Yukon seemed to always be with Penelope – Syd shook those thoughts away disgustingly. He did not want to think of his sister in any type of sexual context.

Upon walking into the news room, Syd noticed that cookies had been laid out in front of Milan. Although the two couldn’t seem to stand each other and argued vigorously (unless they were in Echo’s presence, in which case they would ignore each other), he walked on up to the Seventh Year and reached for a cookie. Suspiciously, he took a bite of his cookie, eyes narrowed at the club captain. “Chocolate chip,” he noted. “Glad you didn’t choose oatmeal raisin.” Only psychopaths would have picked oatmeal raisin, which was why he was wary when biting into the cookie. Before turning on his heel, Syd grabbed a bag of popcorn. As he walked over to the table on the far left, he greeted Daphne, Uriel, Ivan, and Sierra as he passed by them.

((OOC: outfit in left picture))

Will some w o m a n in this desert land
                                                Make me feel like a r e a l man?

Cinnabun Gryffie
Trickblues
Yukina101

Clubs (Looking for Clubs!)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out