Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Clubs (Looking for Clubs!)
The Daily Dragon - School Newspaper - Open 2061-62 Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2023 11:37 pm
User Image
                                              ╔════════════════════════════╗
                                              Taylor Olson
                                              Seventeen Years Old - Seventh Year - Gryffindor - Halfblood
                                              Photography Editor of the Daily Dragon
                                              Captain of the Dueling Club
                                              Captain of the Art Club

╚════════════════════════════╝

Taylor had a wonderful holiday filled with a lot of family time and a spectacular New Year celebration, where she had gotten to wear a new sparkly dress. Her family was invited to a large, fancy party. Taylor was quick to find others her age to hang out with and had ended up making out with a boy underneath the midnight fireworks. It was all glamorous and fabulous, except for one major problem – she could not stop thinking about Echo. And she would never admit it, but she actually imagined that she was kissing her when she was kissing a stupid boy. It would all have been perfect – the lights, the gowns, the pizzazz. Yet she felt emptier afterward than she had before.

Back at school, Taylor was glad that she’d at least be able to see Echo even if the girl had still been seeing Syd. So, she wore a rather provocative shirt to the first Daily Dragon meeting of 2060, hoping to catch her attention. Unfortunately, it seemed that she had gotten there earlier than her crush. Blue eyes glanced over at Syd, rolling in her skull before making her way over to Milan. “How was your holiday?” she asked, her hand accidentally brushing overtop of his lightly as she reached for a cookie. Once she took a bite, she said a quick “Hey,” greeting the other members that had shown so far.

((OOC: outfit in left picture))

In the m i d d l e of the night, we can form this d r e a m
                                              I wanna feel you by my side, s t a n d i n g next to me

Cinnabun Gryffie
Trickblues
Yukina101

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2023 12:07 am
User ImageUser Image
xx Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? News Room
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Reporters & Club Mates
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Daily Dragon
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? Why would someone have peanuts???

Milan looked over when Sierra walked in, carefully (and slowly) finger-spelling out a "H-I S-I-E-R-R-A" with a small grin. He still wasn't very good, but he was trying to learn to help her feel more comfortable. The next person to walk in (unfortunately) was Syd. Milan had actually just met Syd's mother over winter break, having gotten his first tattoo before the silly Ravenclaws could possibly tattoo something wild on him. He'd wanted his first piece to be sentimental, and more so than just quidditch victories. No, he wanted to have a piece to honor the bond of his siblings first.

Syd, he knew, was gunning for the wins so he could put something weird (and probably obscene) in the probable tattoo. Blue eyes watched as he walked closer (which was something Milan never wished to happen), before he went to examine the cookies. He commented that it was chocolate chip, and that it was good he hadn't chosen oatmeal raisin. Milan rolled his eyes, before snarkily speaking. "Of course, I'm not a freaking monster." Luckily, Syd walked away, and it was back to work for Milan.

The next person in was Taylor, who was probably the only other person he knew that entirely disliked Syd Barrett. Unfortunately, Echo still hadn't arrived, and he wondered where his sister was. He blinked out of his reverie when Taylor spoke, gently brushing over his hand. "Not terrible. I spent most of it in the hospital wing after that game with the Slytherins. And yours?" The brunette felt an odd tickle in his throat, so he coughed quietly, then took a sip of his caramel mocha. It still wasn't going away. How odd. He brought his hand to his mouth a second so he could try to clear his throat, brows furrowing over the sensation.

To everyone else, Milan's cheeks were warming to a bright pink, despite his skin growing cold. He coughed a few more times, before slumping forward, one hand on the desk to try and support his shaky body. His breathing was raspy, throat burning with every sensation. "Was someone eating peanuts?!" He wheezed out with a cracking voice, brain connecting the dots. He hadn't had an allergic reaction since he was ten, and that had been a nightmare. His heart picked up pace, the very feeling making him dizzy. Oh no. Hopefully someone knew how to help.

His eyes drifted closed, vision falling out of focus. "Come on, Milan. Save yourself/" His brain tried to fight, but the best he could do was to pull his EpiPen from his jacket pocket. He tried to hold it out, hands shaking with the effort. A breath was drawn in, but as it did, dark eyes rolled back and Milan's muscles gave way. He fell hard to the floor, brain struggling to keep him alive with the lack of oxygen. Hopefully he was in safe hands....

{{Wearing :: Nice Attire, New Sweater}}
          Kiska166

TrickBlues

Yukina101

addaellis

✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮
          Tᴡɪsᴛɪɴ' ᴡᴏʀᴅs, ᴡᴇ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ sᴀʏ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴍᴇᴀɴ
          Bʀᴏᴋᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ɢʟᴀss, ᴛʜɪɴɢs ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ sᴛᴀʏ ᴇᴠᴇʀɢʀᴇᴇɴ
          Iᴛ's ʙᴇᴇɴ ᴀ ʜᴀʀᴅ ᴘɪʟʟ ᴛᴏ sᴡᴀʟʟᴏᴡ ᴀɴᴅ ɴᴏᴡ
          Wᴇ'ʀᴇ ᴄᴏᴍɪɴ' ᴅᴏᴡɴ, ᴡᴇ'ʀᴇ ᴄᴏᴍɪɴ' ᴅᴏᴡɴ
          Wɪsʜ I ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ɢᴏ ʙᴀᴄᴋ ᴛᴏ ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴡᴇ ᴡᴏʀᴇ ʜᴀᴘᴘʏ ғᴀᴄᴇs
          Bᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴇ sᴍɪʟᴇs ᴀʟʟ ғᴀᴅᴇ ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴡᴇ ᴄʜᴀɴɢᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ᴇʀᴀsᴇ ᴛʜɪs
          Is ɪᴛ ᴛᴏᴏ ʟᴀᴛᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ʏᴏᴜ sᴛᴀʏ? Is ɪᴛ ᴀʟʟ ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴀ sᴛᴀᴛᴇ ᴏғ ᴍɪɴᴅ?
          ✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Trickblues

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2023 4:11 pm
User Image
Spooky, scary skeletons
Send shivers down your spine
Shrieking skulls will shock your soul
And seal your doom tonight

User Image

Halfblood | Seer | First Year Ravenclaw | Twelve Years Old
Astronomy Club | Daily Dragon Writer | Dueling Club - Occasional Observer | Language Club | Music Club Violist
Winter 2060, Back from Break The Daily Dragon With: Daily Dragon Crew
Wearing: Hogwarts Gothic with an ink-blotched scarf Status: "Son of a b!@#$"

═══════════════════XXXX═══════════════════

Ivan gave his thanks to Milan once he was dried and followed Daphne to tend to the cameras. He pushed up his glasses, just a touch loose on him, with a smile as his senior photographer congratulated him for keeping the camera safe. "After all the work we'd put in? I'd have laid down my life, if I had to." He joked, then nodded in agreement as Daphne recommended they check the film in the darkroom and to teach him how to use a different lens. "Sure. Sounds great."

"Is there really a way to avoid Peeves?" Yuri wondered aloud at Milan's suggestion. "He seems more like a force of nature. I'm not entirely sure you can get away from him, at least not once he's made up his mind..."

"Then I'm lying low for a while. Don't get me wrong, he's fun to watch—but I'd rather not end up on the wrong side of his pranks again. I'll stick to the audience, thanks."

"Hmm, does that mean I'll have to get the shot next time?"

"Absolutely. I'd pay galleons to see Mr. Prim and Proper looking like a wet dog."

Yuri gave a small laugh at that. Sierra walked in then and he matched her wave with one of his own. Once she made her way over, he signed as he spoke. "Sierra, how’re you doing today? Did you have a good break?" It wasn't much, but it was decent. Uriel had been practicing as much as he could over the last semester since meeting his club mate. It helped that Language Club had another upperclassman, Aurais, that communicated through sign. That made it all the more important that Uriel try and pick up the skill as soon as he could. He wanted to be able to understand all of his schoolmates with ease.

The second year greeted him in turn with a note in her book and offered him to try some of the snacks she brought. "Are you sure? Thank you, I will." Sierra really spoke his language; Uriel loved trying new snacks. He grabbed a bit of strawberry popcorn and popped it in his mouth. "Oh, it's really good! What flavor's the other one?"

It wasn't long before Syd made his way in. There was always such an odd aura that he noticed in the air when Syd and Milan came in close proximity, but it made sense... They certainly didn't seem to like each other despite leading the Quidditch team together. Syd scrutinized the cookies, and both of the older boys seemed to agree Milan would have been a monster had he dared to bring oatmeal raisin into the club room.

"I actually kind of like oatmeal raisin..." He muttered, only loud enough for Sierra to catch as he had some more popcorn. It was probably for the best that he not out himself as an oatmeal raisin loving weirdo. He already had enough on his plate as it was. Taylor filed in soon after, and with a small hello to the older girl, Yuri got back to what he was doing while he chatted idly with Sierra, and also Jules once she finally arrived. After pulling his interview notes from his bag, he got to typing away on his typewriter.

At first he didn’t pay any mind to Milan's coughing. But one became a few, then several, and in the corner of his mind Uriel noted that it sounded especially labored. “You okay over there?” He asked lightly over his shoulder. But then he heard the wheezing question of if anyone had peanuts, and Uriel whipped straight around in his seat. It wasn’t often, but every once in a while, his dad has had to step in when there was a reaction during a funeral. Grieving adults meant unattended children near the food, and when relatives forgot, well… These things happened more often than one might think.

Before anyone really had time to react, Milan collapsed. Uriel was there, knelt at his side in a heartbeat. This was no time to hang around and see who would step in first–something like this was do or die! “Hey, Milan? Milan. He gave the seventh year a couple firm pats on the arm. No response. “Stay with us, Wellbelove.” The younger boy quickly noticed the epipen in Milan’s hand and pulled it from his grasp. Off came the safety cover, tossed over his shoulder. The pen was positioned a few inches directly above Milan’s thigh before the needle was jabbed through black slacks in a single fluid motion. He pressed the injector button and held position, looked up briefly, and made eye contact with Jules. “Jules! Go get Madame Kavanaugh and have her bring another epi.” If he wasn’t responsive by the time they returned, he would likely need another dose. The two shared a nod as Jules was quick to exit. Though his voice remained level, there was a clear sense of urgency in his tone.

Once it had been a few seconds, he removed the epi and set it aside. Uriel patted Milan’s arm again. “Hey, come on now. Time to wake up.” Smaller fingers drifted to his wrist to confirm he still had a pulse. So far so good. “I wasn’t looking. Did anyone catch what happened? Madame Kavanaugh’s going to need to know everything.” He asked, looking up at whoever remained of his fellow club members with a perplexed frown. “Are there peanuts in here? Whatever sparked it, it must have just happened.” Who had he just been talking to…?

“Syd? Taylor? Did you see anything?”

════════════════════════════════════════════════

OOC:
                                                              Ghosted Jules in per request by Adda!
                                                              Okay y'all just let me know if I need to edit anything.
                                                              Cinnabun Gryffie

Addaellis

kiska166

Yukina101

Spirits, supernatural, are shy
                                                              What's all the fuss?
                                                              But bags of bones seem so unsafe
                                                              It's semi-serious!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2023 11:01 pm
User Image
                                              Taylor Olson
                                              Captain of the Art Club

Taylor listened as Milan described his holiday. “That game sure was brutal,” she commented with a smirk. Taylor didn’t often attend games as she much preferred to do almost literally anything else with her free time. However, Echo was playing, so she decided to go despite the snowstorm. “It’s quite barbaric that they made you play in that weather,” she said, furrowing her eyebrows and shaking her head in disappointment. “I’m sure Echo was happy about her victory, though?” After all, it was Echo’s first win, and she won against her stupid arrogant boy toy who sat on the opposite side of the room. “Mine was better than yours,” she admitted although if she were being honest, it was alright at most. “I attended a few holiday parties. Everyone was dressed to the nines.” Taylor attended one party, but she wasn’t about to reveal that information.

Taylor took a step back, noticing that Milan’s face was turning red before he leaned forward, shakily holding himself up over the desk. Her eyes widened in horror. Does my trail mix have peanuts? Is he allergic? She had just eaten some of her nut mix before the club’s meeting, hoping that it would tie her over until her next meal. She watched as he reached for his EpiPen. Was she supposed to stab him with it? Did it matter where? She had never used one before. “Milan!” she shrieked as he collapsed to the floor, quickly becoming unconscious. Luckily Uriel seemed to know what to do as he had rushed over and ripped the EpiPen from Milan’s grasp before stabbing it through his pants, straight into his thigh. Taylor shook her head quickly when the younger boy had asked if she saw anything, eyes glancing toward Syd. No one could find out that it was her. That would completely ruin her reputation.

Cinnabun Gryffie
Trickblues
Yukina101

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2023 11:12 pm
User Image

I am just a new b o y
                                                S t r a n g e r in this town

╔════════════════════════════════╗
                                                Syd Barrett
                                                Sixteen Years Old - Sixth Year - Ravenclaw - Halfblood
                                                Quidditch Vice Captain & Seeker
                                                Daily Dragon & Art Club Artist

╚════════════════════════════════╝

Syd had already been seated and minding his own business when he heard a commotion. Looking up, he watched as Milan stumbled forward shakily before falling to the ground from seemingly an allergic reaction to peanuts. Although not on great terms, Syd made his way over to see what was going on. He watched as Uriel stuck the EpiPen in Milan’s leg, scrunching his face in confusion. “I was just talking to him before going to sit but I – “ he began, getting cut off by Taylor.

“You! You must have poisoned him with your evil, conniving, twisted ways,” Taylor accused, crossing her arms over her chest.

“What? No, I didn’t! I didn’t even know he was allergic to peanuts,” he retorted. Syd couldn’t believe that anyone would have actually thought that he would have done something like this on purpose whether to Milan or anyone else.

“Oh, puh-lease. We all know you and Milan hate each other. I don’t even have to be a part of your House or at your Quidditch practices to know about what goes on when you two think you’re alone. Besides, Echo must've told you.” Taylor seemed determined to blame him for whatever mishap occurred, but he didn’t know why.

Will some w o m a n in this desert land
                                                Make me feel like a r e a l man?

Cinnabun Gryffie
Trickblues
Yukina101

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2023 11:43 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx♡ Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Daily Dragon Newsroom
xxx♡ Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Milan, Several Others
xxxx♡ Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Saving Lives (and finding buttons)
xxxxx♡ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? Why is it always the Wellbeloves?

Marni had been roughly 3 seconds from eating dinner in her office when someone came running in, all in a tizzy. After speaking with them, it seemed like someone had had an allergic reaction in the news room. Of course it was Milan Wellbelove. She was seeing a lot of him this year. Stepping into her office, Marni tucked a couple epipens in her pocket, then followed young Jules to the club room at a speedy pace.

Once inside, accusations were flying, with Taylor Olson saying Syd Barrett had poisoned Milan. Syd seemed surprised, but for now, Marni had bigger fish to fry. "Everyone, listen up. I need to know what happened. We already gave him one dose of Epinephrine? Good." She walked quickly through the room, heels clicking on the stone floor. While listening to the chatter of everyone around, Marni lifted Milan's hand, feeling for his pulse. It was there, but not good. He was also rather clammy.

"Uriel, you gave the dose a few minutes ago? Excellent work." She knelt in the floor beside Mister Wellbelove, pulling out one of the pens she'd brought along. After questioning where Uriel had done the initial injection, Marni moved to do the same, but to his other leg. Her moves were fluid, which made sense, given that this wasn't her first allergy attack she'd dealt with... not even the first specifically involving peanuts.

She kept hold of Milan's wrist, carefully counting his pulse. After a few worrisome seconds, Milan's eyes blinked open. Though, his pupils were so widely dilated she couldn't see the blue irises around. "Easy there, Milan. Do you remember what happened?" Of course, sometimes the sudden rush of epinephrine made people a little... disoriented, not to mention the confusion about the allergy attack itself. "Where... wh... what happened? Why is everyone here?!" He squeaked out, trying to push himself to a sit. That wasn't the right move, as it only served to make him dizzy. Instead, Marni simply moved to help him sit, leaning against the board of the desk.

"Calm, love, calm. You're okay. You're safe. You had an allergic reaction. Do you remember eating anything?" She watched a moment as he looked around himself, blinking rapidly as he tried to gather his bearings. "I was... no, I'm only allergic to peanuts. And I don't eat those." He shook his head once, before stopping and clutching at his head. He was starting all the fun symptoms, the sweating, rapid heartbeat, and of course the anxiety that always followed EpiPen injections.... and he'd had two in fairly quick succession. Milan started squirming out of his sweater, so Marni looked over between Uriel, Taylor, and Syd, then over at the others in the room. "I need someone to tell me what happened in the moments before the allergic reaction please. If it was an accident, no one will be in trouble. These things happen, and we were very lucky Mister Payne here knows how to use an EpiPen. And also that Milan happened to have his along."

Never would she ever punish someone for an accident, especially if they didn't know Milan was allergic. Somehow, someway, he'd either eaten peanuts or gotten super close with someone that had. According to Milan himself, he was "super allergic", so it could've simply been a transference. She sighed softly as Milan struggled with his buttons, before simply pulling his shirt apart, scattering buttons around the floor. He was panting, body overheating with the rush of epinephrine. Marni cast a cooling charm, followed by a repair of Milan's shirt. At least he'd never seemed ashamed of his body, otherwise she'd have to fight to get his buttons done while he was still out of it.

Marni - #AB274F
          TrickBlues

Kiska166

addaellis

When the visions around you bring tears to your eyes
          And all that surrounds you are secrets and lies
          I'll be your strength I'll give you hope, keeping your faith when it's gone
          The one you should call was standing there all along
          I've loved you forever, in lifetimes before
          And I promise you never will you hurt anymore
          I give you my word, I give you my heart. This is a battle we've won
          And with this vow, forever has now begun
          And I will take you in my arms and hold you right where you belong
          Til' the day my life is through, this I promise you

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Trickblues

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2023 4:07 pm
User Image
Spooky, scary skeletons
Send shivers down your spine
Shrieking skulls will shock your soul
And seal your doom tonight

User Image

Halfblood | Seer | First Year Ravenclaw | Twelve Years Old
Astronomy Club | Daily Dragon Writer | Dueling Club - Occasional Observer | Language Club | Music Club Violist
Winter 2060, Back from Break The Daily Dragon With: Daily Dragon Crew
Wearing: Hogwarts Gothic with an ink-blotched scarf Status: "I'm glad he's okay, but..."

═══════════════════XXXX═══════════════════

Uriel did not look amused by his upperclassmen as a simple question was twisted into a game of Who Done It. Was this for real? The first year heaved a sigh. “That’s not what I’m asking…” But it didn’t seem to matter. Syd was on the defensive, and Taylor seemed determined that he was the one who poisoned Milan on purpose. Honestly, Uriel didn’t think that was the case. Having worked with both Syd and Milan on the Quidditch team personally, yes, he understood that the two had a strained relationship; but that didn’t necessarily mean Syd was out for blood. He could be a little immature, sure, but evil? Conniving? Twisted? That sounded excessive… And a little overcompensating, if you asked him.

Then again, what did Yuri know? He was just a first year. The rest of them had known each other much longer. He wasn’t really interested in getting involved in a petty dispute–he just wanted to make sure their editor was taken care of. He was about to voice as much when Madame Kavanagh entered the room and commanded the club’s attention. She asked what happened, to which Ivan raised his hand.

“We were just having a club meeting and Milan suddenly collapsed. Uriel gave him an epipen and Jules went to find you as soon as they came in.” He helpfully informed.

The Ravenclaw nodded as Madame Kavanaugh questioned when the epipen was last given. “It’s been about five minutes and he hasn’t responded. He may need a second dose.” After pointing out which side he had given the initial dose, another pen was injected into Milan’s other leg with the practiced precision of a proper healer. It was fascinating to observe her work up close. After the second injection Milan seemed to come to, much to his relief. His pupils were blown. Miss Marnie helped him to sit up and as she began questioning him about what happened, Yuri helped keep his editor steady with a hand on his shoulder. The poor guy looked so disoriented.

“I didn’t see everything.” Yuri admitted when the healer asked for a report. “I was talking to Sierra, but I know Milan spoke with Syd and Taylor right before it happened. Then he started coughing, and asked if anyone had peanuts on them. He pulled out his epipen and collapsed, so I gave the dose. Then Jules came in, so I asked them to go get you.”

“Now we’re playing Clue,” Ivan chimed in, giving a charming smile from his seat as he snacked on a cookie. He seemed perfectly at ease despite the tense situation. “Taylor says it was Syd with the Poison Peanuts in the Club Room. It sounds like he has motive. Syd, your rebuttal?”

With his free hand, Uriel pinched the bridge of his nose in frustration. "This isn't a court case..."

"So you'd rather he not have a chance to defend himself? That's hardly fair." Ivan shook his head in disapproval.
                                                              Yuri could feel a headache forming behind his eyes at the whole situation.

════════════════════════════════════════════════

OOC:

Cinnabun Gryffie

Addaellis

kiska166

Yukina101

Spirits, supernatural, are shy
                                                              What's all the fuss?
                                                              But bags of bones seem so unsafe
                                                              It's semi-serious!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:41 pm
User Image
                                              Taylor Olson
                                              Captain of the Art Club

Taylor couldn’t believe what she had done, albeit it was an accident. She watched as Madame Kavanagh took control of the situation and provided the passed out Milan with a second dose of an EpiPen, assuming that was what Epinephrine meant. Taylor didn’t know for sure, however – she dropped Healing class after fifth year. The brunette continued to watch as Madame Kavanagh continued treating Milan, avoiding all eye contact with Syd, who she could feel looking at her. She couldn’t allow herself to feel guilty for blaming him. The best case scenario was that once Echo would hear about how he tried to poison her brother, she’d finally dump his sorry a**. Suddenly, the Wellbelove brother came to life, blinking several times as his vision adjusted. As soon as he squeaked, Taylor pursed her lips together, trying to refrain from laughing during a rather inappropriate time. She was not prepared for his voice to go that high.

By the time that Madame Kavanagh asked what happened and explained that no one would be in trouble if they had accidentally activated Milan’s allergies, Taylor had dug herself into a deep hole. It was too late to come clean and admit what she had done considering she blamed Syd and accused him of doing it on purpose, so there was only one thing she could do – take her secret to her grave and double down on her accusation. “When I came in, Milan was alone up at the front with cookies in front of him. I didn’t see what happened before but if I had to guess, I would bet my money on Syd,” she hissed, looking back up at the sixth year.

“I didn’t do anything!” he retorted. “You really want to know what happened when I got here? I took a cookie and some popcorn, then I went to sit down. That’s it,” he stated, glaring back at Taylor, who had crossed her arms by this point. He was going to blow the whole thing if he continued to act so stubbornly.

Blue eyes trailed back down to Milan as he pulled apart his shirt, exposing his abs. Holy s**t. That’s what Milan looks like? The brunette suddenly felt flustered and a tad hot, maybe even nervous. She always thought he was good looking and dressed well, but she did not expect him to be ripped. These were new feelings that she had never experienced towards him before, and to be honest, it made her feel uncomfortable yet aroused all at once. It was as if she had had a sex dream about someone and was seeing them for the first time afterwards. Taylor forced herself to avert her gaze, looking over at Yuri and Ivan as they reported what they had seen – that Milan spoke with her and Syd right before it happened. And they all knew it wasn’t her, so it must have been Syd.

“Right, Syd. What’s your rebuttal?” she asked, poking the beat even more. If she had to play the part of believing it was him, she was going to believe so hard that she’d trick herself into thinking it was actually him. It really was a shame that she didn’t use her talent in lying to act in theatre.

Cinnabun Gryffie
Trickblues
Yukina101

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:57 pm
User Image

I am just a new b o y
                                                S t r a n g e r in this town

Syd Barrett
                                                Sixteen Years Old - Sixth Year - Ravenclaw - Halfblood
                                                Quidditch Vice Captain & Seeker
                                                Daily Dragon & Art Club Artist

Syd grew frustrated as Taylor continued to blame him for causing Milan’s allergic reaction. The worst part wasn’t even that she was accusing him of doing it on purpose, but that the others may actually believe that he would do that. The sixth year let out an exaggerated sigh as Ivan compared this situation to playing Clue and asked for a rebuttal, to which Taylor had essentially asked him to humour her. “I don’t have a rebuttal except I DIDN’T DO IT!” he shouted, his frustration coming through more angrily than before. Syd wanted to scream or punch a wall, or even just leave and get some fresh air at the very least but he felt that if he walked out of there, he might get into more trouble than if he stayed behind to at least try and clear his name.

Will some w o m a n in this desert land
                                                Make me feel like a r e a l man?

Cinnabun Gryffie
Trickblues
Yukina101

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2023 10:23 pm

User Image★✩
ECHO ANGHARAD WELLBELOVE

seventh year || Slytherin || halfblood
Daily Dragon managing editor || Quidditch seeker || Order of the Stick lancer

Echo was in a good mood. She was running late for the Daily Dragon meeting, but Milan knew she had an interview earlier with Governess Nora Heulwen. And it was an excellent interview. This was, of course, Echo–writing was a strong suit– and she could do excellent interviews and write them up. But this time Echo felt a special touch of pride. Governess Heulwen had been giving a special look at the work of the governors’, and as part of that, what happened at the latest Hogwarts Board meetings. As she talked, Echo had been able to make a connection immediately to some old laws limiting herb growth in certain areas, and the whole conversation had shifted in energy. Now she had so very many interesting details on not only how the Board meetings functioned, but also what was going on in terms of direction, and while it probably wouldn’t affect Echo herself as she was graduating this year, it would make for an excellent story.

She was so wrapped up in her thoughts, planning the article in her head as she walked briskly to the room, that for a second she thought she had walked into the wrong room until she realized that sitting shirtless on the ground…was Milan.

”What. Happened?” Echo froze at the door for a moment. Milan was sweating, out of breath, flushed. An Epipen–two. Madame Kavanaugh. The entire crew gathered around. Accusations flying. Who the ******** had peanuts? she cursed mentally. Syd should know he’s allergic, I’m sure it had come up sometime. We were always so careful with the cookies and macarons..

Echo set her notes on a desk and knelt by Milan’s side– close enough to do something or support him if he needed it, but after that disastrous Ravenclaw- Slytherin game where Milan had gotten knocked bloody and she hadn’t been able to do a thing to help, Echo knew she wasn’t going to be of much use besides getting out of the way. Rationally, Echo know and assumed Madame Kavanaugh had things handled, but before she knew firsthand her brother was okay, nothing else mattered.

Echo tapped Milan’s bare shoulder to get his attention. ”Milan, you’re hyperventilating. Breathe, even breaths.”

setting Daily Dragon room, January 2060, first meeting back from Winter Break. || with Milan and a bunch of people in the way.
appearance 5'9”, slim || wearing Deep green coat-dress + tan slacks
status Who had the peanut?

Cinnabun Gryffie

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
And I-I-I can't stop
No, I-I-I can't stop
So, baby, pull me closer
In the back seat of your Rover
That I know you can't afford
Bite that tattoo on your shoulder
✩★
~"Closer" by the Chainsmokers. Cover by Jonathan Young ft Travis Carte

addaellis

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2023 11:07 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? News Room
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Reporters & Club Mates + Mme Kavanagh
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Daily Dragon
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? Hey, Echo's here

Milan stared blankly at the board full of notes, brain whirring to try and reboot after his allergy attack. Everyone was bickering back and forth, but the two most prominent were Taylor and Syd. A shiver ran through Milan, who slid down the side of the desk a bit, before being stopped by Madame Kavanagh. "Milan, you've got to stay up, okay?" Marni spoke softly as she helped him back to a sit. She then drew a deep breath, before looking over between Uriel, Ivan, Syd, and Taylor. There were a few others, but none seemed to want to speak up. Uriel, ever the calm of the storm, softly explained that just moments before everything happened, Syd and Taylor both had been talking to Milan. Apparently it was right then that Milan had started his reaction.

Ivan quickly tried to make a game of the situation, earning a soft tut from the nurse. "Mister Payne is right. This isn't a court case. Currently, no one is in trouble. As I said, if this was an accident, then all shall be forgiven. Though, in future, please, please head the warnings when you guys are told about people having allergies. I have at least 3 kids in school with possible anaphylactic allergies. Miss Olson. You mentioned the cookies. Did anyone see Mister Wellbelove eat? It's very possible they may have been contaminated, though if our House Elves prepared them, I know for certain they wouldn't do anything like that." She paused a moment as Milan coughed softly, before the very teen spoke up.

"I had.... yeaaaaaa. A sugar cookie. It was nice." His voice was still squeaky, though it sounded like it was somewhat coming down. "So you did? Did you eat before or after people came around?" Hopefully the very one in the attack could explain, though Marni wasn't going to put too much stock in it. Not while he was still so disoriented. "Syd doesn't like oatmeal..." Milan simply mumbled back, closing his eyes a second while he tried to breathe without pain.

Well... Marni didn't know what to do with that, other than to look over at Syd himself. She was about to ask one more question, but the doors to the clubroom opened. And here would come the infamous Wellbelove drama. Marni sighed, but it seemed Echo figured out what happened. "Your brother was accidentally contaminated with peanuts, but don't worry, he's stable now. A little disoriented and overheating, but I have a cooling charm on him, and his head should calm soon." The woman explained, but Echo seemed only interested in verifying her brother's condition. At least she would know how to help.

Milan blinked slowly at Echo, his eyes still entirely dilated. Another shiver ran through him, his body warm from the allergens, but chilled by Nurse Kavanagh's charmwork. "I'm not breathing..." He mumbled, but tried to mimic his sister's slow breaths. It didn't take but a few cycles of the slower, deep breaths to bring a bit of calm to the brunette. Slowly, a ring of blue surrounded his dilated pupils as his body started to adjust. Of course, the next step would probably involve him going to the hospital wing... that he'd only been out of a precious few days. He reached a shaky hand up to his shoulder, clutching at Echo's hand to try and ground himself in reality. The dizzying sights were making his brain hurt even worse.

"Madame Kavanagh? I would like to add something here?" Daphne spoke up, hoping to help ease the many layers of tension about the room. Once the healer looked over, the blonde continued. "Milan wasn't eating after Syd and Taylor got close. He did eat, but it was before either came in. He finished his cookie, then signed over to Sierra. I remember he had both hands free to do that. Then Syd came in, they talked about chocolate chip versus oatmeal raisin cookies. Taylor handed off her pictures, then Milan collapsed. I don't know who did it, or if it was accidental. I do, however, remember that sometimes allergic reactions could take several minutes to onset..." "That is correct. And very rarely, it can take longer." "Right, so who's to say it didn't happen right before he got here? Or possibly he did eat something bad. Cross-contamination isn't impossible. Plus, I didn't hear him say where he got the cookies from. For all we know, someone else could've baked them not knowing of his allergy.... Right?"

Marni simply nodded, looking around the room. "Very well. I suppose we'll have to chalk it up to an unfortunate accident. Five points to Ravenclaw, for Mister Payne's quick thinking and action. Five to Gryffindor, for Mx Delacroix's quick running. Five to Slytherin, for Miss Greensborough's problem solving and paying attention in Healing Classes. Now. I want no more of this arguing between you all, do you understand?" She sent a stern look around the room, hoping to put an end to the drama here and now. Of course, she knew the rumor mills, and was certain this would be all over the school before she could make it back upstairs and finish her dinner.

{{Wearing :: Nice Attire, New Sweater}}
          Kiska166

TrickBlues

addaellis

Yukina101

✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮
          Tᴡɪsᴛɪɴ' ᴡᴏʀᴅs, ᴡᴇ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ sᴀʏ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴍᴇᴀɴ
          Bʀᴏᴋᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ɢʟᴀss, ᴛʜɪɴɢs ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ sᴛᴀʏ ᴇᴠᴇʀɢʀᴇᴇɴ
          Iᴛ's ʙᴇᴇɴ ᴀ ʜᴀʀᴅ ᴘɪʟʟ ᴛᴏ sᴡᴀʟʟᴏᴡ ᴀɴᴅ ɴᴏᴡ
          Wᴇ'ʀᴇ ᴄᴏᴍɪɴ' ᴅᴏᴡɴ, ᴡᴇ'ʀᴇ ᴄᴏᴍɪɴ' ᴅᴏᴡɴ
          Bᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴇ sᴍɪʟᴇs ᴀʟʟ ғᴀᴅᴇ ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴡᴇ ᴄʜᴀɴɢᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ᴇʀᴀsᴇ ᴛʜɪs
          Is ɪᴛ ᴛᴏᴏ ʟᴀᴛᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ʏᴏᴜ sᴛᴀʏ? Is ɪᴛ ᴀʟʟ ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴀ sᴛᴀᴛᴇ ᴏғ ᴍɪɴᴅ?
          ✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2023 6:50 pm
I think I got too many memories getting in the way of me
I'm 'bout to go Tonya Harding on the whole world's knee
And I'm stuck, night vision, so stuck, night vision
But I come to life, come to life

User Image
User Image

Hufflepuff Third Yeɑɾ 🧏‍♀️ Dɑily Drɑgon Editor 📝 Alwɑγs Wɑtching

☆¸¸ .•*¨★Sierra had been shocked at Milan's suggestion that she take over as Editor once he graduated and she'd had a list of reasons to why this would ultimately be a bad idea. Unfortunately for her, he also had a list and the b*****d had it notarized. Nothing she could really do except accept her fate and warn him that she'd run the newspaper the way she'd want to. She's not sure he really understood her words but the rest of the school definitely would. During the summer, she laid out plans of the future in between travelling with her dad. Since she was a teen, he finally felt somewhat comfortable with her coming with him on shorter trips to non lethal destinations. He invited mum as well but her potions business was rather finicky plus she was more than happy just getting whatever weird or obscure ingredients they could find her. A particular cavern in Ireland was one she got the most inspiration from and had pages of sketches and depictions of it she couldn't wait to include in the "over the summer" section of the paper (if there wasn't one, there damn was now) as well as some personal essays she had-ahem-kindly requested from certain friends.

As for right this second however, Sierra was trying to balance her bag and two containers of sweets while attempting to get the clubroom door open. Once she'd finally figured it out, she made her way in and began getting the room together, feeling a tad weird to be on the other side of it for once. How the hell had Milan always made it look so effortless the wanker. Basics Whitethorne, just focus on the basics. Forms were set out with pens at the ready, the suggestion box was ready for use, one tray of chocolate marshmallow bars and another of caramel praline cookies were set out, and optional-but strongly suggested-ASL handy guides (HA) were available for everyone's use. This was as close to ready as she could possibly get.
                                            [color#B22E80]"Ty

Some princes don't become kings
Even at the best of times, I'm out of my mind
You only get what you grieve
Are you smelling that s**t? Are you smelling that s**t?
Eau de résistance!

Quote:

User Image

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:37 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? News Room
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? I'm not sure
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Signing up?
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? This is terrifying

So far, Ella had only found two clubs she even semi-liked. Unfortunately, one of the two would probably involve a lot of socialization. It was scary to step outside any of her comfort zones, but so far, each and every second of her school experience had been absolutely terrible. People all around, forced to share a room, and worst of all, trapped in a literal basement much of her day. She'd spent a few minutes staring at the bulletin board in the common room, trying to figure out the ideal schedule for the year.

Saturday night would be host to Astronomy club, but today.... well, today she'd hope to write for the school newspaper. Perhaps it would be a good way to share her creative writing? No one in her family ever wanted to read her works, so perhaps here she could find likeminded folks? Once inside the news room, there was only one other person, but she was juggling all sorts of things. Dark eyes watched from the doorway for a moment, wondering what she was supposed to do here.

Stepping inside, Ella walked over to the table in front. She lifted the application for Writer, then one of the sign language guides. Glancing at the other girl, giving the tiniest nod before fading back into the shadows to fill out the paperwork. Once done, she silently slipped back to the table, setting down the form, before sliding back away. Curious brown eyes opened the pamphlet, trying to make her hands match the pictures within. What if she could learn to communicate this way? She'd never be forced to talk again....

Name: Llewella Mari Eynon
                                                                Year: First
                                                                House: Hufflepuff
                                                                Any experience: lots of practice with creative writing and poetry. No real experience with anything newsworthy.
                                                                Why do you want to be a writer for the Daily Dragon?: It would be nice to have a place where I can write creatively, and to share my works with the whole school.
                                                                Do you have a preferred section?: No
                                                                Clubs you're affiliated with or informed of: This one and Astronomy. I was going to join Herbology, but it seemed busy
                                                                Do you agree to have your writing reviewed and checked by editors before being published?: Yes
                                                                This position has a deadline, do you understand and can you abide by the deadlines given?: Yes

{{Wearing :: Overall dress, cozy cardigan}}
          Aɴᴅ ɴᴏᴡ ʏᴏᴜ'ᴠᴇ ɢʀᴏᴡɴ ᴜᴘ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴛʜɪs ɴᴏᴛɪᴏɴ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ʙʟᴀᴍᴇ
          Aɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜ sᴇᴇᴍ sᴏ sᴛʀᴏɴɢ sᴏᴍᴇᴛɪᴍᴇs, ʙᴜᴛ I ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ sᴛɪʟʟ ғᴇᴇʟ ᴛʜᴇ sᴀᴍᴇ
          As ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ɢɪʀʟ ᴡʜᴏ sʜɪɴᴇᴅ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴀɴɢᴇʟ, ᴇᴠᴇɴ ᴀғᴛᴇʀ ʜɪs ʟᴀᴢʏ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ ᴘᴜᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ʜᴇʟʟ
          I ᴡɪsʜ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ sᴇᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ, sᴛɪʟʟ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ ɪᴍᴘʀᴇss ʜɪᴍ ʙᴜᴛ ʜᴇ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴡɪʟʟ ʟɪsᴛᴇɴ
          Oʜ ʙʀᴏᴋᴇɴ ᴀɴɢᴇʟ, ᴡᴇʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ sᴀᴅ ᴡʜᴇɴ ʜᴇ ᴄʀᴜsʜᴇᴅ ᴀʟʟ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍs?
          Oʜ ʙʀᴏᴋᴇɴ ᴀɴɢᴇʟ, ɪɴsɪᴅᴇ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴅʏɪɴɢ ᴄᴀᴜsᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴᴛ ʙᴇʟɪᴇᴠᴇ
          Hᴇ ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ ʟᴇᴀᴠᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀʟᴏɴᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ʟᴇᴀᴠᴇ ʏᴏᴜ sᴏ ᴄᴏʟᴅ ᴡʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ʜɪs ᴅᴀᴜɢʜᴛᴇʀ
          Bᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ɪɴ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴠᴇɪɴs ᴀs ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀʀʀʏ ʜɪs ɴᴀᴍᴇ ᴛᴜʀɴs ᴛʜɪɴɴᴇʀ ᴛʜᴀɴ ᴡᴀᴛᴇʀ
          Yᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴀ ʙʀᴏᴋᴇɴ ᴀɴɢᴇʟ ᴀɴᴅ I ᴘʀᴏᴍɪsᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɪᴛ's ɴᴏᴛ ʏᴏᴜʀ ғᴀᴜʟᴛ. Iᴛ ᴡᴀs ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ʏᴏᴜʀ ғᴀᴜʟᴛ

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2023 8:20 pm
Nothing you need to do, I’ll just take a peek inside your mind
Clever and curious, Imaginative but impatient.
Better be Ravenclaw!

User Image User Image
Noreen Casey Vann
Halfblood ~ Photonista
xxxRavenclaw Fourth Yearxxx

Location : Daily Dragon Meeting
                                                  Company : Fellow paper people...

Noreen was looking forward to two clubs. One being art club on Saturday and the other being the school newspaper. She found enjoyment in taking photos around the school. It gave her something to do besides sitting and reading a book or two. Sure, she could use the time to be design ideas, but she wasn’t above the means of socializing. Noreen practically fed on the social gossip of the school system. Love it or hate it, the school ran on it year after year.

Strolling into the classroom that served as their meeting space, Noreen beamed. “Hello everyone,” she greeted, signing a basic hello greeting to Sierra. She really needed to work more on her signing considering they were cousins. How terrible could she been? Sure, the family only ever got together once a year during the summer but still. She’d work on, Noreen would tell herself. Whether that would be the case remained to be seen. Scribbling her answers to the form, she was ready to get to it for yet another year.

Name: Noreen Vann
                                                  Year: 4th Year
                                                  House: Ravenclaw
                                                  Any experience: Been a member since 1st year & I've taken numerous pictures prior to that.
                                                  Why do you want to be a photographer for the Daily Dragon?: I like Photography, I'm creative, and I'd like to be a photographer some day.
                                                  Do you have your own camera and means to develop pictures?: Yes
                                                  This position has a deadline, do you understand and can you abide by the deadlines given?: Yes

OOC : - - -

xxx “If your photos aren't good enough, then you're not close enough”xxx

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2023 11:59 pm
User Image

Shot through the h e a r t and you're to b l a m e
                                                D a r l i n', you give love a b a d name

Syd Barrett
                                                Seventeen Years Old - Seventh Year - Ravenclaw - Halfblood
                                                Quidditch Captain & Seeker - Daily Dragon & Art Club Artist

Syd walked into the Daily Dragon, curious to see who had taken over now that Milan had graduated. However, his curiosity was replaced with comfort when he spotted Sierra at the front of the room with many items laid out on the desk in front of her – including ASL handy guides. Those were new this year, but Syd wasn’t surprised that she would have them for everyone to use. It would make communicating with their new club leader a lot easier, especially for those (like him) who have never learned ASL. It wasn’t that he couldn’t – he just really had no interest in using his free time to learn another language. No, he would much rather skateboard, get stoned, doodle, or hang out with his friends.

As he stepped further into the room, he waved to Sierra before taking one of the guides, a form, a pen and a cookie. Hopefully this one wouldn’t set off any allergic reactions. It seemed that ever since Milan experienced his allergy attack and the entire school was reminded of how deathly they can be, everyone had been extra careful when it came to eating safe foods and washing their hands including Syd, even though he was sure he did not cause it whether on purpose or by accident. Thankfully Taylor and three of the four Wellbelove quadruplets had all graduated. He didn’t need any more of their drama.

Syd didn’t recognize one of the other girls in the room. She must have been a first year, he figured. But, he did recognize his cousin. “Hey, Noreen,” he greeted as he plopped down into the seat next to her, munching on his cookie. “Mmm, this is so good. You tried one?” he asked before taking another bite. The caramel praline goodness was the perfect fill for his munchies craving that evening. Once he finished eating, he filled out the form.

Name: Syd Barrett
                                                Year: Sixth
                                                House: Ravenclaw
                                                Any experience: I like doodling and creating comic strips. I’m not great with creating storylines though. I’ve also gotten more experience and practice by being part of the Daily Dragon and the Art club.
                                                Why do you want to be an artist for the Daily Dragon?: I can be useful for the comic strip section and creating them is a past time that I already enjoy
                                                Please produce an example of your work Here you go

An angel's s m i l e is what you sell
                                                You promise me Heaven, then put me through H e l l

murruelecreuset
Cinnabun Gryffie
Yukina101

Clubs (Looking for Clubs!)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out