Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Clubs (Looking for Clubs!)
The Daily Dragon - School Newspaper - Open 2061-62 Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2023 12:45 am
User ImageUser Image
xx Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? News Room
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Lots of people
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Signing up for news
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? This is a really good cookie!

While staring at the bulletin board in the Gryffindor Common Room, Seb decided on the few clubs he wanted to try. One of them was the Daily Dragon news group, which seemed a contradiction on the surface. He wasn't the best with reading or writing, but he thought it'd be super fun. Plus, the sign said they had all kinds of jobs, not just writers! So after dinner, Seb changed into comfier clothes (with a space theme!), grabbed Zoot, and headed to the room.

Once there, he noticed only a few others so far, but everyone seemed nice enough. He walked over to the big desk in the middle, head tilted a bit as he looked at all the papers. Not only were there four different forms (each with a different name!), but there were also some little guides for something called "B-S-L" ... which was a journalism thing? He looked at the applications, trying to figure out where he'd be best. He was pretty good at art, but not comics or anything... And photography sounded super fun, but he didn't have a camera.... but perhaps someone could loan him one if he promised to be super duper careful.

After he was done, he grabbed one of the little guides, head tilted as he opened it to read. "Oh! So it's like... talking, but not... fascinating!" He chimed happily, then put the pamphlet in his back pocket. Next was to introduce himself.... and maybe to take one of those tasty looking cookies. He grabbed one, then stepped over a couple steps, looking about the room to see everything he could. It seemed nice and cozy, and any group that offered cookies was a good group for him!

Name: Sebastian Moon
                                                                Year: First
                                                                House: Gryffindor
                                                                Any experience: None
                                                                Why do you want to be a photographer for the Daily Dragon?: It sounds super fun! I really want to be able to capture the beauty of the whole world, and cameras and paints are great for that
                                                                Do you have your own camera and means to develop pictures?: No, but I'll be super careful if I can borrow one!
                                                                This position has a deadline, do you understand and can you abide by the deadlines given?: For sure!

{{Wearing :: Space Baby}}
          ✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮
          Tʜɪs sɪɴᴋɪɴɢ ғᴇᴇʟɪɴɢ sᴇᴛs, ɪᴛ ғᴇᴇʟs ᴊᴜsᴛ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴀ ʜᴏʟᴇ ɪɴsɪᴅᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴄʜᴇsᴛ
          I ᴋɴᴏᴡ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴛʜɪɴᴋɪɴɢ "Nᴏ, ɴᴏ, ɴᴏ, ɴᴏ, ɪᴛ ɪs ᴇᴀsɪᴇʀ sᴀɪᴅ ᴛʜᴀɴ ᴅᴏɴᴇ"
          Bᴜᴛ ᴘʟᴇᴀsᴇ ʟᴇᴛ ᴍᴇ ᴀᴛᴛᴇsᴛ, I ᴋɴᴏᴡ ɪᴛ's ʜᴀʀᴅ
          Yᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ғᴇᴇʟɪɴɢ ʟɪᴋᴇ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴛʀᴀᴘᴘᴇᴅ, ʙᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴀᴛ's ʜᴏᴡ ʏᴏᴜ ʀᴇᴀᴄᴛ
          Wʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴɴᴏᴛ sᴇᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ʟɪɢʜᴛ, ʙᴜᴛ ᴛʀʏ ᴀɴᴅ sᴇᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ʟɪɢʜᴛ
          I'ᴍ ᴛᴇʟʟɪɴ' ʏᴏᴜ "Nᴏ, ɴᴏ, ɴᴏ, ɴᴏ, ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏɴʟʏ ᴏɴᴇ
          Sᴛᴀɴᴅɪɴɢ ɪɴ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴡᴀʏ, ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴛᴀᴋᴇ ᴀ ʙʀᴇᴀᴛʜ. Rᴇʟᴀx, ᴀɴᴅ ᴛᴇʟʟ ᴍᴇ ᴡʜʏ?"
          Pʟᴇᴀsᴇ ᴛᴇʟʟ ᴍᴇ ᴡʜʏ ᴅᴏ ᴡᴇ ᴡᴏʀʀʏ? Jᴜsᴛ ᴛᴇʟʟ ᴍᴇ, ᴡʜʏ ᴅᴏ ᴡᴇ ᴡᴏʀʀʏ?
          Wʜᴇɴ ᴡᴏʀʀʏ's ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ʜᴇʟᴘɪɴɢ, ᴛᴇʟʟ ᴍᴇ ᴡʜʏ, ᴡʜʏ ᴡᴏʀʀʏ ᴀᴛ ᴀʟʟ?
          ✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 6:33 pm
I'm pretty sure, as far as humans go
I am a hard, hard pill to swallow
And I know I'm not your intended dose
We're goin' low, low, low, low

User Image
User Image

Hufflepuff Fouth Yeɑɾ 🧏‍♀️ Dɑily Drɑgon Editor 📝 Alwɑγs Wɑtching

☆¸¸ .•*¨★Sierra unlocked the door to the newspaper with a slightly more optimistic outlook than last year. She still thought it was a rather stupid idea of Milan's to give it to her but apparently her whinging didn't amount to anything to him so. Here she was. Once again, it was a struggle to get all of her items into the room but this time she worked smarter not harder and at least had the sweets floating alongside her as she worked on getting the space ready. She set up the table with the necessary forms and pens, the suggestion box was ready and prime, and an assortment of stroopwafels and marzipan bunnies. Her mum and her had experimented with the sweets after she brought some back from a potion's conference and her dad had been a very happy taste tester. As artistically inclined as she believed herself to be, she was no match for actual sculpting, thus the only animals she could make (that actually looked like the animals, were bunnies.

Feeling more than a little proud of herself, Sierra looked over her work with a slightly proud grin before also pulling out some pamphlets of easy BSL any interested club members could grab. Just because she could accommodate people didn't mean she always would. And with the last of that out the way, she went over to make sure none of the typewriters were in a finicky disposition this year. [color#B22E80]"Ty

So, roll the highlights, "got too high" life
Mix the low, low, low lights with the low, low, lowlifes
On the bright side, got the wrong insides
Mix the low, low, low lights with the low, lowlifes

Quote:

User Image

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:17 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? News Room
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? The Captain, I presume
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Daily Dragon Meeting
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? This is going to be paperwork paradise!

Eddie had been waiting for the newspaper club to open pretty much since he learned he would be attending Hogwarts. His dad and uncle had both been members in their time, so he felt a bit of kinship through the club. He dressed himself nicely, then grabbed his two favorite cameras. One was for daily use, the other was a lovely antique. He combed his hair and headed out for the meeting. Upon entry, there was only one other person there, so he assumed she must be in charge.

"Hello and good evening, ma'am. My name is Edison Overton, and I would like to join the news crew as a photographer, please." He offered a nervous sort of grin, before noticing the applications beside him. He methodically filled one out, then set it carefully beside. "I know all about cameras. My father runs the camera shop in Diagon Alley called Shutterbuttons. He taught me everything I know. Like, did you know Thomas Sutton took the very first color photograph, all the way back in 1861? He also developed the first wide-angle lens and took the very first panoramic photograph in 1859. Is that not spectacular?" He nodded, eyes twinkling happily.

Name: Edison D. Overton
                                                                House: Hufflepuff
                                                                Any experience: I have been taking pictures since I could hold a camera and have assisted multiple family members with both personal and professional photoshoots
                                                                Why do you want to be a photographer for the Daily Dragon?: (some good reasons would be welcome)
                                                                Do you have your own camera and means to develop pictures?: Yes, I also know how to operate a darkroom appropriately
                                                                This position has a deadline, do you understand and can you abide by the deadlines given?: Yes of course

{{Wearing :: Nice Clothes}}
          Yukina101

I'ᴅ sɪᴛ ᴀʟᴏɴᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʟɪɢʜᴛ, ᴍʏ ᴏɴʟʏ ғʀɪᴇɴᴅ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴛᴇᴇɴᴀɢᴇ ɴɪɢʜᴛs
          Aɴᴅ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴛʜɪɴɢ I ʜᴀᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴋɴᴏᴡ I ʜᴇᴀʀᴅ ɪᴛ ᴏɴ ᴍʏ ʀᴀᴅɪᴏ
          Yᴏᴜ ɢᴀᴠᴇ ᴛʜᴇᴍ ᴀʟʟ ᴛʜᴏsᴇ ᴏʟᴅ ᴛɪᴍᴇ sᴛᴀʀs, ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴡᴀʀs ᴏғ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅs ɪɴᴠᴀᴅᴇᴅ ʙʏ Mᴀʀs
          Yᴏᴜ ᴍᴀᴅᴇ 'ᴇᴍ ʟᴀᴜɢʜ, ʏᴏᴜ ᴍᴀᴅᴇ 'ᴇᴍ ᴄʀʏ, ʏᴏᴜ ᴍᴀᴅᴇ ᴜs ғᴇᴇʟ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ғʟʏ
          Sᴏ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ʙᴇᴄᴏᴍᴇ sᴏᴍᴇ ʙᴀᴄᴋɢʀᴏᴜɴᴅ ɴᴏɪsᴇ, ᴀ ʙᴀᴄᴋᴅʀᴏᴘ ғᴏʀ ᴛʜᴇ ɢɪʀʟs ᴀɴᴅ ʙᴏʏs
          Wʜᴏ ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴋɴᴏᴡ, ᴏʀ ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴄᴀʀᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴄᴏᴍᴘʟᴀɪɴ ᴡʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ɴᴏᴛ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ
          Yᴏᴜ ʜᴀᴅ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴛɪᴍᴇ, ʏᴏᴜ ʜᴀᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴏᴡᴇʀ, ʏᴏᴜ'ᴠᴇ ʏᴇᴛ ᴛᴏ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ғɪɴᴇsᴛ ʜᴏᴜʀ

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:37 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Newsroom
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Edison and....?
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Applying for a Writer
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? I've never walked this much in my life

Whoo! It was finally Friday, which meant the News Club would be kicked open. Adelai was super excited about the prospect of being a news writer, so he figured he'd put his skills to use. Grabbing his lucky blue pen and tucking it behind his ear in the most "scholarly" fashion he could, Adi grabbed his walking frame and headed out. It was another long, slow hike down the stairs, but thankfully one of the ghosts kept him company. (man, what an odd statement in any other context!) After his long walk, the dark-haired boy stepped into the club.

One of his classmates, Edison, was talking all about cameras, so Adi figured a guess what spot he wanted. With a small chuckle, the Gryffindor filled out an application for the position of writer, then noticed the tray of sweets. "These are adorable! Did you make them?" Adi asked as he hesitantly bit into one of the bunnies. Why did he feel like a monster all the sudden?? "They're good too! Oh! Also, I suppose I ought to introduce myself too. Adelai Hasenpfeffer-Bates. Or just Adi, if you want." He shrugged, subtly moving over to a chair to rest his shaky legs for a moment. This stupid school really, really needed lifts.

Name: Adelai X.M. Hasenpfeffer-Bates
                                                                Any experience: I like to think I'm pretty well versed in writing. I had top marks in my primary school for literature
                                                                Why do you want to be a writer for the Daily Dragon?: I really enjoy writing, especially about things I see, hear, or experience. I think it would be a unique challenge, but it's certainly one I would like to pursue!
                                                                Do you have a preferred section?: Preferably news, clubs, or quidditch, though I will be trying out for Gryffindor. Either way, I can provide a non-biased approach
                                                                Clubs you're affiliated with or informed of: Culinary Club, Drama Club, Adventurer's Guild, Music Club, and Daily Dragon (hopefully)
                                                                Do you agree to have your writing reviewed and checked by editors before being published?: Yes!
                                                                This position has a deadline, do you understand and can you abide by the deadlines given?: Absolutely!

{{Wearing :: Casual Clothes}}
          Iᴛ sᴇᴇᴍs ʜᴇ ғɪɴᴀʟʟʏ ɢᴏᴛ ᴀ ᴛᴀsᴛᴇ ᴏғ ғᴀᴍᴇ, ᴄᴀᴜɢʜᴛ ᴀ ʙʀᴇᴀᴋ, ᴀɴᴅ ᴄʀɪᴛɪᴄᴀʟ ᴀᴄᴄʟᴀɪᴍ
          A ɢʟᴀss ᴏғ ᴄʜᴀᴍᴘᴀɢɴᴇ, sʜᴇ sᴛᴀʀᴛᴇᴅ ғᴇᴇʟɪɴɢ sᴀғᴇ
          Tʜᴇ ʙʟᴀᴄᴋ ᴍᴀɢɪᴄ 8, Nᴏ, ɪᴛ ᴅɪᴅɴ'ᴛ ғᴇᴇʟ ᴛʜᴇ sᴀᴍᴇ!
          Aɴᴅ ᴛᴏᴍᴏʀʀᴏᴡ's ɴᴏᴡ ᴍɪsᴜɴᴅᴇʀsᴛᴏᴏᴅ, 'ᴄᴀᴜsᴇ ɪᴛ's ʀᴇᴀᴅɪɴɢ "ᴏᴜᴛʟᴏᴏᴋ ɴᴏᴛ sᴏ ɢᴏᴏᴅ"
          Iғ ᴛʜᴇsᴇ sɪɢɴs ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ ᴘᴏɪɴᴛ ᴛᴏ "ʏᴇs", ʜᴇ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ᴍᴀʏʙᴇ ғᴇᴇʟ ᴛʜᴇ sᴀᴍᴇ
          Sᴏ sʜᴀᴋᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴀɢɪᴄ 8 ᴜɴᴛɪʟ ɪᴛ ʙʀᴇᴀᴋs, ʙʀᴇᴀᴋs, ʙʀᴇᴀᴋs!
          Aɴᴅ ᴄʟᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴇʏᴇs ᴀɴᴅ ᴛᴀᴋᴇ ᴀ ʟᴇᴀᴘ ᴏғ ғᴀɪᴛʜ, ғᴀɪᴛʜ, ғᴀɪᴛʜ!
          Dᴏɴ'ᴛ ʙᴇ ᴀғʀᴀɪᴅ ᴏғ ɢᴏɪɴɢ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴡᴀʏ, ᴡᴀʏ, ᴡᴀʏ!
          Sʜᴀᴋᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴀɢɪᴄ 8 ᴜɴᴛɪʟ ɪᴛ ʙʀᴇᴀᴋs!

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:04 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? News Club
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Eddie, Adi, and Sierra
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Daily Dragon
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? Maybe she won't ask...

After a post-lunch nap, Seb rolled out of bed ready to go to the newsroom. He wanted to show Sierra his new camera anyway. He tucked the camera carefully in his hoodie pocket and pushed on his ever-untied shoes, then hurried off. He didn't want to be late, after all! He happily skipped down the stairs, before stumbling over a few and falling -thankfully- backwards. Otherwise he would've broken his camera (again). Once back on his feet, he resumed his speeding to the club.

He wasn't the first one there, but there appeared to be lots of snacks left. He grabbed a fancy waffle dude to snack on, pleasantly surprised by the flavor. It was pretty good! Green eyes glanced back at the table, spotting the applications. Oh dang. Seb wished for a moment he'd asked Declan to come along with him, but since the blond wasn't here, Seb would have to make due. He lifted each one, staring at the words until he found one for photographer. With a green pen found in his pocket, he struggled his way through the paperwork. It... probably didn't look very tidy, so he carefully tucked his under the other two on the table. He'd make time to talk with Sierra later about it. For now, he walked over to join the others, though a vivid flush was over his cheeks.

User Image

Name: Sebastian Moon
                                                                Year: 2
                                                                Any experience: Last Year
                                                                Why do you want to be a writer for the Daily Dragon?: It's fun!
                                                                Do you have a preferred section?: Photography
                                                                Clubs you're affiliated with or informed of: Cooking, Art, Herbology, Here
                                                                Do you agree to have your writing reviewed and checked by editors before being published?:
                                                                This position has a deadline, do you understand and can you abide by the deadlines given?:

{{Wearing :: Camera Accessories!}}
          {{OoC: Have fun with Seb's dyslexia & dysgraphia! If you can't read it, check the spoiler}}
          ✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮
          Wᴏᴋᴇ ᴜᴘ ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʀɪɢʜᴛ sɪᴅᴇ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴇᴅ ~ Wʜᴀᴛ's ᴜᴘ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴛʜɪs Pʀɪɴᴄᴇ sᴏɴɢ ɪɴsɪᴅᴇ ᴍʏ ʜᴇᴀᴅ?
          Hᴀɴᴅs ᴜᴘ ɪғ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴅᴏᴡɴ ᴛᴏ ɢᴇᴛ ᴅᴏᴡɴ ᴛᴏɴɪɢʜᴛ ~ 'Cᴀᴜsᴇ ɪᴛ's ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ᴀ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ᴛɪᴍᴇ
          Sʟᴇᴘᴛ ɪɴ ᴀʟʟ ᴍʏ ᴄʟᴏᴛʜᴇs ʟɪᴋᴇ I ᴅɪᴅɴ'ᴛ ᴄᴀʀᴇ, ʜᴏᴘᴘᴇᴅ ɪɴᴛᴏ ᴀ ᴄᴀʙ, ᴛᴀᴋᴇ ᴍᴇ ᴀɴʏᴡʜᴇʀᴇ
          I'ᴍ ɪɴ ɪғ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴅᴏᴡɴ ᴛᴏ ɢᴇᴛ ᴅᴏᴡɴ ᴛᴏɴɪɢʜᴛ ~ 'Cᴀᴜsᴇ ɪᴛ's ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ᴀ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ᴛɪᴍᴇ
          Fʀᴇᴀᴋᴇᴅ ᴏᴜᴛ, ᴅʀᴏᴘᴘᴇᴅ ᴍʏ ᴘʜᴏɴᴇ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴏᴏʟ ᴀɢᴀɪɴ ~ Cʜᴇᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴏғ ᴍʏ ʀᴏᴏᴍ, ʜɪᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ATM
          Lᴇᴛ's ʜᴀɴɢ ᴏᴜᴛ ɪғ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴅᴏᴡɴ ᴛᴏ ɢᴇᴛ ᴅᴏᴡɴ ᴛᴏɴɪɢʜᴛ ~ 'Cᴀᴜsᴇ ɪᴛ's ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ᴀ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ᴛɪᴍᴇ
          Gᴏᴏᴅ ᴍᴏʀɴɪɴɢ ᴀɴᴅ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ɴɪɢʜᴛ ~ I ᴡᴀᴋᴇ ᴜᴘ ᴀᴛ ᴛᴡɪʟɪɢʜᴛ ~ Iᴛ's ɢᴏɴɴᴀ ʙᴇ ᴀʟʀɪɢʜᴛ
          Wᴇ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴇᴠᴇɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴛʀʏ! Iᴛ's ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ᴀ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ᴛɪᴍᴇ!
          ✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮

Clubs (Looking for Clubs!)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces