Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Clubs (Looking for Clubs!)
Hogwarts Astronomy Club ~ Open [2055 - 2056] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2022 3:28 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx♡ Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Astronomy Tower
xxx♡ Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Stars and Solemn Nights
xxxx♡ Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Opening Astronomy Club
xxxxx♡ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? It's such a lovely night

Callie walked up the steps to the Astronomy Tower, calmly juggling several books, a tray of treats, and a telescope tucked under her arm. It was a bittersweet moment, to be opening Astronomy club for the final time. By the end of the year, she would be handing the club to someone else, tasking them with keeping the love of Astronomy alive for future members. The blonde sighed, setting down her tray on the table at the side of the room. She carefully arranged the Astronomy books, including a few new ones she'd picked up from the bookstore over the summer.

"Starry, starry night
                                                          Paint your palette blue and gray
                                                          Look out on a summer's day
                                                          With eyes that know the darkness in my soul
                                                          Shadows on the hills
                                                          Sketch the trees and the daffodils
                                                          Catch the breeze and the winter chills
                                                          In colors on the snowy, linen land~"

Her voice was soft, catching the night breeze as she moved about, using magic to clean and set up the room to her preferences. Large blankets were laid about the room, fluffy pillows set out with telescopes scattered about. For all of them, the set them and moved them to show different constellations, then used her books to show which was in each telescope. When everything was all set up, Callie stood at the edge of the tower, looking out at the night sky with a sad sigh.

{{Wearing :: Fancy Nights}
          {{OoC: Welcome to Astronomy club! Feel free to grab a snack or chat with Callie}}
          Hɪɢʜ ᴅɪᴠᴇ ɪɴᴛᴏ ғʀᴏᴢᴇɴ ᴡᴀᴠᴇs ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴀsᴛ ᴄᴏᴍᴇs ʙᴀᴄᴋ ᴛᴏ ʟɪғᴇ
          Fɪɢʜᴛ ғᴇᴀʀ ғᴏʀ ᴛʜᴇ sᴇʟғɪsʜ ᴘᴀɪɴ, ɪᴛ ᴡᴀs ᴡᴏʀᴛʜ ɪᴛ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏ ᴛɪᴍᴇ
          Hᴏʟᴅ sᴛɪʟʟ ʀɪɢʜᴛ ʙᴇғᴏʀᴇ ᴡᴇ ᴄʀᴀsʜ 'ᴄᴀᴜsᴇ ᴡᴇ ʙᴏᴛʜ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ʜᴏᴡ ᴛʜɪs ᴇɴᴅs
          A ᴄʟᴏᴄᴋ ᴛɪᴄᴋs 'ᴛɪʟ ɪᴛ ʙʀᴇᴀᴋs ʏᴏᴜʀ ɢʟᴀss ᴀɴᴅ I ᴅʀᴏᴡɴ ɪɴ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀɢᴀɪɴ
          'Cᴀᴜsᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀʀᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘɪᴇᴄᴇ ᴏғ ᴍᴇ I ᴡɪsʜ I ᴅɪᴅɴ'ᴛ ɴᴇᴇᴅ
          Cʜᴀsɪɴɢ ʀᴇʟᴇɴᴛʟᴇssʟʏ, sᴛɪʟʟ ғɪɢʜᴛ ᴀɴᴅ I ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴡʜʏ
          Iғ ᴏᴜʀ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ɪs ᴛʀᴀɢᴇᴅʏ, ᴡʜʏ ᴀʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴍʏ ʀᴇᴍᴇᴅʏ?
          Iғ ᴏᴜʀ ʟᴏᴠᴇ's ɪɴsᴀɴɪᴛʏ, ᴡʜʏ ᴀʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴍʏ ᴄʟᴀʀɪᴛʏ?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2022 11:21 am

User Image♩♯⌬
ANGIER HUIYAN ZHENG

second year || Slytherin || halfbood
Adventurer's Guild warlock || Astronomy club nerd || Music club violinist and cellist

Saturday evening before classes started, Angier climbed up the ridiculous number of stairs from the Slytherin Dungeons to the Astronomy tower. He found the club captain already setting things up, humming along.

Angie set the giant book he had down gently–he hadn’t bothered to lug his telescope set up, knowing there would be telescopes provided– and grinned, flopping down on a pillow and snagging a treat. He waited until she had finished before speaking. ”If I’d known there would be music, I’d have brought my cello,” he remarked with a grin. Well. Maybe not. Lugging that up all those stairs would be insane. ”Maybe violin. Next time.”

But Callie had sighed when she finished setting things up. ”You okay?”

setting Astronomy Club, First meeting of 2055 || with Calliope
appearance 4’9” + glasses || wearing galaxy print sweater + jeans
status Music = <3 + She okay?

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
And I know you'll say how I'm a burden
Yeah, do your worst all at once
I know what you want from me, from me
I know what you're thinking
And it's not the voice of all the others
You've only said it to yourself
I know what you want form me, from me
They come to feel like things we're saying to ourselves.
⌬♩♯
"Mirror" by Porter Robinson.

addaellis

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2022 11:45 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxx♡ Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Angier

Callie looked over when someone spoke, a young second year she'd befriended the previous year. He commented on her singing, mentioning bringing his cello or violin. "Typically there's less music, but I suppose the song needed sung." She grinned over at Angier, before glancing back at the sky. As her sigh escaped, the young Slytherin asked if she was okay. She took a deep breath, looking up at the moon.

"I am, yes. I'm just... missing someone, but I'll be okay. Soon my letter should arrive, if owl speed is correct." She donned a smile, turning back to the younger boy. "And how are you, Angier? Have the stars begun for you their inspiring display?" She glanced up at the sky, then back toward the dark haired boy. He always seemed in an interesting mood, which was something Callie quite liked him.

addaellis

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2022 12:41 am
User Image Location: Astronomy Tower
------------- With Whom: Other students Ferb does not know
Feeling: Sheepish, inqisitive
------------- Thoughts: I think I am at the right location for Astronomy club.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Ferb Stone
Year: 1
House: hufflepuff

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ferb finally made it up the stairs of the Astronomy Tower. He had been lost and hoped it was the right place for Astronomy club. Since the sorting, he had been kind of out of it but was determined to get into one club he could really enjoy. He saw a girl he figured to be either in her 6th or 7th year talking to a boy probably closer to his age. He decided to stay back a little trying not to draw attention. He contemplated running back down the stairs, but went to the railing and leaned against it instead. He made sure to stay a distance away from the two talking as he stared to the sky. He grabbed a map he had in his cloak in order to align where he was looking.

~"IT DOES NOT DO TO DWELL ON DREAMS AND FORGET TO LIVE, REMEMBER THAT." ~Albus Dumbledore

The French Auror

addaellis

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2022 2:11 am

User Image♩♯⌬
ANGIER HUIYAN ZHENG

Adventurer's Guild warlock || Astronomy club nerd || Music club violinist and cellist

Angier shrugged, always happy to bring his instruments if there was a chance to play them. He might have been a musical prodigy, but more practice was always great.

Callie said she was just missing someone, anticipating her owl was on time. Angie nodded in understanding. ”Lot of friends graduated,” he remembered. ”Off on their own adventures. Something like that?”

She then turned back and asked him if the stars had started their inspiring display for him. It didn’t make immediate sense, but Callie always seemed to say things in a way that made the brain twist a bit. He liked that. It was interesting. So Angie turned his head around the idea, staring up at the stars in the sky for inspiration. ”Didn’t really want to come back. Hogwarts is okay.” he admitted. ”But missed classes. Other classes. Muggle school. But then… I was sending Tzuki some recordings. Remembered that she’d be here. So well, guess that’s part of why I’m back. Also less light pollution here.”

He glanced back at Callie. He wanted to ask about the person she was missing and get their story, but he didn’t quite know how he wanted to ask about it yet. Instead, as he turned back, he noticed a figure by the stairway. ”Hullo! Astronomy Club? C’mon over, the southern sky is particularly clear tonight.”

Angier patted the cushions and pointed up at the southern sky. ”Over there. The five stars that make a cross? The head of the cross is Deneb. Butt of the swan. Can’t see the wings that well tonight though. But then over there, past the head to either side are Vega and Altair, the lovers. Vega’s parents don’t want her to marry Altair, but their love was strong and prevailed through assassination attempts. But then the heavens got jealous or something, and split them up forever with a river of stars.”

setting Astronomy Club, First meeting of 2055 || with Calliope, a new face
status Love stories....

//OOC: Information about the southern sky in Scotland in autumn from Dark Sky Scotland. There’s like a thousand variations of the story of Vega and Altair or Zhinu and Niulang but they’re all close enough.
Cinnabun Gryffie

The French Auror

⌬♩♯

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2022 12:53 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxx♡ Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Angier and a new student

Callie nodded once when Angier mentioned friends graduating, then offered a sad smile when he said they were off on their own adventures. "They always say 'absence makes the heart grow fonder', but I can't help myself at the desire to be with them once more. Really, it should be 'the moment of meeting once more after absence makes the wait worth it.'" She grinned, looking back at the younger boy. It was good he seemed to understand her, at least a bit.

After asking about the stars' inspiration, Angier hesitated, but admitted that he didn't really want to return to Hogwarts. He missed classes and Tzuki. Apparently he'd sent her some recordings, which Callie supposed was quite sweet. The girl was very nice the times Callie had spoken with her, anyway. "That's quite a nice reason. Also, never forget that you're right where you are destined to be. Things may seem wrong now, but they will always fall to order and understanding."

Callie turned when another student walked in, looking nervous and went to the ramparts. Angier greeted, so Callie added to the words. "Yes, do come join us. My name is Calliope, or Callie more often, and I'm running the club. This is Angier, a year above you. We'd love to have your shining soul to join our small constellation." She gestured to the area around them, telescopes set in a nice row. Hopefully he wouldn't frighten away.

When Angier gestured to the southward sky, Callie followed his eyeline, listening as he spoke of Daneb (and Cygnus). He then mentioned Vega and Altair and their tragic story, so Callie decided to take the reigns. "The cross... that one is Cygnus, the swan. The river, merely an arm of our lovely galaxy. As for dear Vega and sweet Altair... their story goes something like this." She recanted the words spoken by Father all those years ago, the words dictated in her handwritten Astronomy Tome he'd created for her as a child. Dark eyes looked up, staring up at the constellations in order.

"Vega was celestial princess, a goddess of the sky. Immortal she may have been, yet she was weary as it seemed she would live in eternity alone.
                                                          One day Altair, a mortal, caught the eye of Vega. She descended from the heavens to greet him, and as they got to know each other she fell deeply in love. Vega promised Altair that no matter what they will be together in the heavens.
                                                          But when Vega’s father finds out, he is enraged that his daughter would fall in love with a mere mortal. His fury only grows when he discovers that Vega promised to bring Altair up to the heavens with her.
                                                          In the most cruel of fashions, Vega’s father grants the promise that she made. The two lovers were placed in the sky as stars. Yet while they were both in the heavens, they were not together. The great Celestial River separated them.
                                                          Yet each year, on the 7th night of the 7th moon, a bridge of swans forms across the Celestial River. Though it would be for one night a year the two lovers are reunited as Altair dares to travel to his beloved.
                                                          Yet, sometimes Altair’s annual trip across the Celestial River is too dangerous and he doesn’t quite make it.
                                                          In those dark years, Vegas’ tears form raindrops that fall from the skies.

addaellis

The French Auror

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2022 9:53 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx 𝒲𝒽𝑒𝓇𝑒 𝒶𝓂 ℐ? Astronomy Tower
xxx 𝒲𝒽𝑜'𝓈 𝓌𝒾𝓉𝒽 𝓂𝑒? Calliope! Other People!
xxxx 𝒲𝒽𝒶𝓉'𝓈 𝑔𝑜𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝑜𝓃? Storyline Confessions
xxxxx 𝒲𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝒶𝓇𝑒 𝓂𝓎 𝓉𝒽𝑜𝓊𝑔𝒽𝓉𝓈? Those words are his...

Cass was still unsure if she wanted to actually join the Astronomy club. Mostly, she figured, it'd be a great place to make friends since she was already pretty good at the class. Making her way up the stairs, her ears picked up on a very familiar story. She hurried the rest of the way, watching a blonde lady speaking the words that Cass knew came from Tomlison. He had spoken of his other daughter, a girl with hair spun of moonlight and eyes dark as the night sky..... Well, she kinda looked like that.

"I know that story! It's Altair and Vega! And I know how you know it!" The blonde looked startled, her eyes big behind her circular glasses. "Yea! You know it from Tom--" "Silencio." Cass watched in confusion as her voice was stolen, the blonde pointing her wand over at Cass. She seemed just as surprised, though. "I-I do apologize, dear. Please don't speak that name here. Not on this sacred place." After Cass sent over a timid nod, the blonde reversed the spell.

"Sorry, dear, please come on in and join us. My name is --" "Calliope, right? Like the muse of poems and stuff?" Apparently it was Cass' turn to impress. "My name's Cassiopeia... or Cass, if ya like. It's what I like, actually. So Cass would be nice." She grinned, stepping the rest of the way in. The stars really did look like magic up here, and her light blue eyes twinkled in the starlight. "Well... Welcome in, Cass. Hopefully you have a lovely night with us."

{{Wearing :: Golden Child}}
addaellis

The French Auror

Cass - #CA1F7B
Callie - #551033

Hᴇʀᴇ ᴄᴏᴍᴇs ᴀ ᴡᴀᴠᴇ ᴍᴇᴀɴᴛ ᴛᴏ ᴡᴀsʜ ᴍᴇ ᴀᴡᴀʏ
A ᴛɪᴅᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɪs ᴛᴀᴋɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ ᴜɴᴅᴇʀ
Sᴡᴀʟʟᴏᴡɪɴɢ sᴀɴᴅ, ʟᴇғᴛ ᴡɪᴛʜ ɴᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ sᴀʏ
Mʏ ᴠᴏɪᴄᴇ ᴅʀᴏᴡɴᴇᴅ ᴏᴜᴛ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛʜᴜɴᴅᴇʀ
Bᴜᴛ I ᴡᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴄʀʏ ᴀɴᴅ I ᴡᴏɴ'ᴛ sᴛᴀʀᴛ ᴛᴏ ᴄʀᴜᴍʙʟᴇ
Wʜᴇɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ sʜᴜᴛ ᴍᴇ ᴏʀ ᴄᴜᴛ ᴍᴇ ᴅᴏᴡɴ
I ᴡᴏɴ'ᴛ ʙᴇ sɪʟᴇɴᴄᴇᴅ! Yᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ᴍᴇ ᴏ̨ᴜɪᴇᴛ!
Wᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴛʀᴇᴍʙʟᴇ ᴡʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛʀʏ ɪᴛ
Aʟʟ I ᴋɴᴏᴡ ɪs I ᴡᴏɴ'ᴛ ɢᴏ sᴘᴇᴇᴄʜʟᴇss

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2022 10:35 pm
User ImageUser Image

xx❋ Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? The Astronomy Tower
            xxx❋ Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? A few other students
            xxxx❋ Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Astronomy Club...supposedly
            xxxxx❋ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? I may have made a mistake

Nora was practically dragging herself up the stairs by the time she reached the top of the Astronomy Tower. Lugging herself all the way up to the tallest place in the castle all thee way from the Hufflepuff common room wasn't fun ever, but it was especially bad that every time she came up her it was pretty late at night. Obviously it had to be to see the stars, but she always sorted of dreaded Astronomy because of it. Yet now she was adding another weekly trip up these stairs of her own free will. It probably created character or something. And she really did find the subject interesting so she supposed it was worth it.

Just as she made it to the top of the stairs she heard a bit of commotion and someone casting the silencio charm. She glanced in and saw the club leader, Callie if she was remembering correctly, with her wand pointed at someone who must have been a first year and an uncomfortable expression on her face. Nora pursed her lips and widened her eyes. What the f...

Nora almost turned right around and walked back down the stairs. She did not know what was happening up here and she wasn't sure she wanted to. But almost as quickly as it had happened the first year had her voice back and seemed pretty much unbothered. Luckily, it seemed neither of them had noticed her yet so she gave herself another few seconds before she fully entered the space. She caught sight of Angier a made a beeline for him. She also noticed a first year who had been sorted into Hufflepuff. She remembered seeing him crying the night of sorting but she hadn't had a chance to see if he was alright. Nora made a mental note to talk to him as soon as she got the chance.

{{OoC:}}
          null

I Hᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ Dʀᴇᴀᴍ, ᴀ sᴏɴɢ ᴛᴏ sɪɴɢ
          Tᴏ ʜᴇʟᴘ ᴍᴇ ᴄᴏᴘᴇ, ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴀɴʏᴛʜɪɴɢ
          Iғ ʏᴏᴜ sᴇᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏɴᴅᴇʀ, ᴏғ ᴀ ғᴀɪʀʏ ᴛᴀʟᴇ
          Yᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ᴛᴀᴋᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ғᴜᴛᴜʀᴇ, ᴇᴠᴇɴ ɪғ ʏᴏᴜ ғᴀɪʟ I ʙᴇʟɪᴇᴠᴇ ɪɴ ᴀɴɢᴇʟs
          Sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ɪɴ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴛʜɪɴɢ I sᴇᴇ I ʙᴇʟɪᴇᴠᴇ ɪɴ ᴀɴɢᴇʟs
          Wʜᴇɴ I ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛɪᴍᴇ ɪs ʀɪɢʜᴛ ғᴏʀ ᴍᴇ I'ʟʟ ᴄʀᴏss ᴛʜᴇ sᴛʀᴇᴀᴍ
          I Hᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ Dʀᴇᴀᴍ

SherbertLemondrop

The French Auror

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2022 12:49 am
------------- With Whom: Callie, Angier and others
Feeling: Relaxed but kind of weirded out
------------- Thoughts: Why is Callie casting spells at other students. Uggg am I in the right place?

Ferb jumped, dropping his map to the ground when he heard Angier speak to him, he didn't expect any sound to come his way. He watched his map fall all the way down to the grass below. "MY MAP!" Ferb dropped his shoulders and looked at the boy he just invited him over. He debated for a minute to head over or if he should be upset and stay. He chose to walk over to the boy and go up to the railing next to him. He listened to the boy speak about the cross looking stars. When the boy was done speaking, he looked at the girl who called herself Callie as she spoke of the story. He then looked at both of them "My name is Ferb, Ferb Stone. I love the stars, I always envision them like they are a small smile. I however like to use my map to orient myself as they shift. I would show it to you, but I dropped it when I got startled" Ferb looked down. When he looked up, he saw another girl pop up and Callie Using a spell on the girl. "What the..." Ferb slowly backed up. He knew the spell was harmless but he just was not sure if that was leading to something and he is not that good with his wand. "I am at Astronomy club, right?" He looked around trying to see an escape route when he noticed another girl, this one around his age that he saw sitting at the Hufflepuff table during sorting. He looked back at Callie and just sat down on the ground waiting to see what happend next, but still cautious around her.

~"IT DOES NOT DO TO DWELL ON DREAMS AND FORGET TO LIVE, REMEMBER THAT." ~Albus Dumbledore

Cinnabun Gryffie

addaellis

SherbertLemondrop

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2022 2:53 am

User Image♩♯⌬
ANGIER HUIYAN ZHENG

”Whoops,” Angie replied when the first year–he introduced himself a moment later as Ferb Stone–dropped his star chart. He patted the boy on the shoulder in comfort. ”Didn’t mean to startle you. No worries. Professor Clarke could give you another. Probably.”

Angie sat back on the cushions, nodding along as Callie told the full story of Vega and Altair. She told it differently, but part of the fun of myths and stories was how the story changed a little every time, depending on who told it. It was like music– the piece was the same, but it carried the flavor of the musician. Huh. Another music thought. Maybe he really ought to bring his instruments up here.

He was about to ask how one day could possibly be enough with the one they loved when another kid burst in, recognizing the story. She was about to say something about who Callie knew the story from, when Callie suddenly silenced her. It was Angie’s turn to be caught off guard–he knew Callie was in the dueling club, but often forgot it given her gentle demeanor. He’d never seen her raise her wand at anyone.

During the commotion Nora from his year appeared by the stairs and beelined towards him. He shrugged, showing he wasn’t sure what was going on either. But soon enough everything was fine again and Angier relaxed again. ”Hey Nora. You just missed the story of Vega and Altair. Another time. Anyways, welcome and all that! Glad you came by.” he said in greeting, not quite loud enough to interrupt Callie and Cass, but enough so Nora could hear. He had a decent impression of the lass from classes together, and was never opposed to more friends. Good to finally have someone his year in the club too.

He turned to remark on the scene, quickly speculating the odd interaction. “Hey Cass. Old friends? No, wouldn’t have introduced yourself. Plenty of versions of myths, anyways. You like mythology?”

Angier grinned, apparently deciding all the tension was gone. ”You know Callie, with all the myths associated with the constellations, I’m surprised we haven’t brought music and drinks up already. We could sit around and stare at the stars while sipping juice and singing songs about lines some old dudes drew in the sky.” He reached over, grabbing a treat Callie had brought and offering the tray to the other kids. ”We already have snacks!”

setting Astronomy Club, First meeting of 2055 || with Calliope, a new face
status What just happened? Oh well. Must be a girl thing.

The French Auror

SherbertLemondrop

⌬♩♯

addaellis

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2022 1:37 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxx♡ Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Angier, Ferb, Cass, and Nora
xxxxx♡ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? What a way to make the heart ache

Callie felt an immediate chill in the air once her interaction with the dark haired girl was up. It was now or never. "I apologize, everyone, for that. I shouldn't have let emotions get the better of me. Ferb, did you say you had dropped your map? Star charts are the best way we've got to understanding the depths of this universe." She flicked her wand, summoning back the map that had been dancing on the breeze. Handing it back, she offered a small grin. "It's very nice to meet you, Ferb, and I'm so glad you could join us tonight for club. Please, let me know if you've got any questions."

She still felt all eyes on her, so Callie moved back to the ramparts, wand tucked back into the folds and fluff of her dress. The blonde looked up at the sky, silently casting a wish that someone else were here to help. Instead, it was just her among a group of first and second years that just watched her use magic against a literal child. What would Eden have done here? What would her mom? ... mom. Callie figured she'd probably head down to her mom's office after club for some tea and talking. Everything that had happened in the last week of summer was just.. too much to process right now. She sighed softly, hoping the other kids would just... do what they did.

A second later, Angier spoke her name, so Callie turned back, listening as he asked about music and drinks while they sang songs of the stars. "That sounds like a lovely idea, Angier. Perhaps at a later meeting we can do something like that. I know stories of many of the constellations I would love to share." She offered a smile, though it didn't quite reach her eyes. Her heart was hurting and honestly, she just wanted a warm hug.

addaellis

The French Auror

SherbertLemondrop

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2022 1:51 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx 𝒲𝒽𝑒𝓇𝑒 𝒶𝓂 ℐ? Astronomy Tower
xxx 𝒲𝒽𝑜'𝓈 𝓌𝒾𝓉𝒽 𝓂𝑒? Calliope! Other People!
xxxx 𝒲𝒽𝒶𝓉'𝓈 𝑔𝑜𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝑜𝓃? Storyline Confessions
xxxxx 𝒲𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝒶𝓇𝑒 𝓂𝓎 𝓉𝒽𝑜𝓊𝑔𝒽𝓉𝓈? Those words are his...

Cass was still a little startled by the scene, but Callie had walked off to talk with others. Well, now she felt even more silly being here, especially since she just brought about problems. One of the kids that looked maybe a little bit older than her asked if they were old friends, then commented that they wouldn't have introduced themselves if they were. He then noted there were several forms of myths anyway. "Something like a friend-of-a-friend thing, y'know? But I do like mythology. My mama used to tell all kinds of cool stories about the heroes and how no matter when I'm feeling small, I can always look up and see the whole wide world up there, with every star being a new story, with all the pictures telling tales from worlds of old. But I heard this school has a mythology class too. I wanna take it once I'm in third year." She grinned over at him, nodding along with her words.

Cass looked around at the others, hoping maybe she could make friends with them. So far she hadn't been super lucky in making friends, but maybe if they had shared interests it would be easier. The same boy asked Callie if they could have a night full of songs and drinks and snacks, which caused Cass to light up. "We totally should! I can bring my flute with me! Mama taught me a song called 'Constellations'. It's been a little while since I've played that song, but I'm sure I can remember before our party!" She nodded happily, ready to go back to her room and grab the pan flute from the case it was safe inside. Maybe this club could be fun after all.

{{Wearing :: Golden Child}}
addaellis

The French Auror

[quote="SherbertLemondrop"
Cass - #CA1F7B
Callie - #551033

Hᴇʀᴇ ᴄᴏᴍᴇs ᴀ ᴡᴀᴠᴇ ᴍᴇᴀɴᴛ ᴛᴏ ᴡᴀsʜ ᴍᴇ ᴀᴡᴀʏ
A ᴛɪᴅᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɪs ᴛᴀᴋɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ ᴜɴᴅᴇʀ
Sᴡᴀʟʟᴏᴡɪɴɢ sᴀɴᴅ, ʟᴇғᴛ ᴡɪᴛʜ ɴᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ sᴀʏ
Mʏ ᴠᴏɪᴄᴇ ᴅʀᴏᴡɴᴇᴅ ᴏᴜᴛ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛʜᴜɴᴅᴇʀ
Bᴜᴛ I ᴡᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴄʀʏ ᴀɴᴅ I ᴡᴏɴ'ᴛ sᴛᴀʀᴛ ᴛᴏ ᴄʀᴜᴍʙʟᴇ
Wʜᴇɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ sʜᴜᴛ ᴍᴇ ᴏʀ ᴄᴜᴛ ᴍᴇ ᴅᴏᴡɴ
I ᴡᴏɴ'ᴛ ʙᴇ sɪʟᴇɴᴄᴇᴅ! Yᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ᴍᴇ ᴏ̨ᴜɪᴇᴛ!
Wᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴛʀᴇᴍʙʟᴇ ᴡʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛʀʏ ɪᴛ
Aʟʟ I ᴋɴᴏᴡ ɪs I ᴡᴏɴ'ᴛ ɢᴏ sᴘᴇᴇᴄʜʟᴇss

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

SherbertLemondrop

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:43 pm
User ImageUser Image

xxx❋ Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? A few other students
            xxxx❋ Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Astronomy Club...supposedly
            xxxxx❋ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? I may have made a mistake

Nora was strangely glad at Angier's shrug when they first met eyes. He was probably the closest thing she had to a friend at this point. She supposed she'd just been really busy and trying to adjust too much last year to build the really strong relationships she usually had, but this year was already going better. When he started talking she smiled, "Well I may have missed the story, but...well I caught something else I guess," she said, darting her eyes back toward Callie and Cassie for a moment. She was still wondering what Tom meant. Maybe she was going to talk about Tom Riddle or something. That had been Voldemort's real name if she was remembering correctly. Maybe Callie was afraid to talk about him like people had been all those years ago. Though the more she thought about it, the more that seemed ridiculous.

Nora sat continuing to listen as he described his idea of myths and music. Callie and Cassie both chimed in and Nora just nodded, trying to imagine exactly what that would be like. Certainly, she loved music, but there was something about the way they were describing it that seemed so...free-spirited to her. She couldn't help but smile a bit at the thought of them all sitting on the ground under the stars, swaying to the music.

When Nora came back to reality she found her eyes resting on the first year Ferb. He looked more than a little uncomfortable and she couldn't quite say she blamed him. While the other three were talking Nora awkwardly got up on all fours and crawled the small distance over to where he was sitting. "Hi," she said quietly to him, still half-listening to the others, not wanting to miss anything. "I'm Nora. I never got the chance to welcome you to Hufflepuff." She paused for a moment. "I hope you're feeling better about being here. We're glad to have you."

Cinnabun Gryffie

The French Auror
          addaellis

I Hᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ Dʀᴇᴀᴍ

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2022 11:46 pm
------------- With Whom: Nora, Callie, Angier, Cassie
Feeling: Relaxed
------------- Thoughts: Maybe this would be the right time to change my hair color

Ferb sat as he listened to the stories Angier and Callie were telling. As he listened, he began to feel more relaxed but was still feeling a little tense after what he saw. He noticed how Callie's voice seemed so calm and inviting, he noticed that with Angier as well. Well he was listening, he saw Nora crawl over to him and speak quietly to him. "My name is Ferb Stone, nice to meet you. I actually am feeling a little bit better, was just shocked when I was sorted and some other stuff, but I have come to realize I like my housemates. So it all works out." He whispered back to her gently. "Also, thank you for the welcome. I saw you at the table, just didn't have much of a nerve to talk to anyone really that night." As ferb was whispering to Nora, he thought it would be the right time to use his favorite spell. He pulled his wand out of his robe and pointed at his hair. "Colovaria" His Hair turned to a dark black with white stars throughout. It looked just like the night sky. "I love that spell." He looked at Nora and to the others and smiled.

SherbertLemondrop

Cinnabun Gryffie

addaellis

The French Auror

SherbertLemondrop

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2022 11:05 pm
User ImageUser Image

xxx❋ Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Angier, Ferb, Callie, Cassie
            xxxx❋ Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Astronomy Club
            xxxxx❋ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? It's about time I made friends

Nora grinned at the younger student. "Happy to meet you Ferb," she said. She began to extend her hand for him to shake but quickly realized she was still on her hands and knees. Nora blushed slightly and fixed herself so she was properly seated then reached out her hand for him to shake. "Well, I'm really glad you're feeling better, it's a great house. I get it though. Most of my family has been in Gryffindor so I'm sort of out of the box." Her older brother Sam and her granddad were the only other Hufflepuff's in the family...well and a great uncle but that didn't count quite as much. Nora herself had always wanted to be in Hufflepuff so she wasn't disappointed herself, but she knew her mom sort of wanted her to be in Gryffindor, though she'd never say it out loud. "Nerve can be hard to come by," Nora said with a small giggle in response. "But I'm always open to talk if you need anything."

Nora watched closely as Ferb drew his wand and cast a spell, immediately changing the color of his hair. She was taken aback for just a moment. She'd never actually seen anyone use colovara, especially a first year. She had to admit, it was quite a sight to see. "Wow. You use that often?" She asked, barely taking her eyes off the transformed hair.

Cinnabun Gryffie

The French Auror
          addaellis

I Hᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ Dʀᴇᴀᴍ

Clubs (Looking for Clubs!)