Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Clubs (Looking for Clubs!)
Hogwarts Astronomy Club ~ Open [2055 - 2056] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The French Auror

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:55 pm
User Image Location: Astrology club/ Astronomy Tower
------------- With Whom: Nora, Callie, Cassie, Angier
Feeling: Happy, content, at peace
------------- Thoughts: Glad to finally feel at peace

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Ferb Stone
Year: 1
House: hufflepuff

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ferb shook Nora's hand. "My mum was a Ravenclaw, Dad was a Slytherin. Never much cared for the Rivalry I heard about between Gryffindor and Slytherin. Atleast I was put in Hufflepuff to avoid that rivalry" Ferb grinned a big smile when he replied to Nora. "Yes I use that spell often, I love it. I feel it helps me keep myself grounded and helps me connect with the outside better. I learned it early and was able to comfortably start using it on my own hair a few months ago. It is weird, I came upon that spell maybe a year ago when reading a book on different spells and how they formed. I saw that one and asked my dad if he could teach me. When he wasn't at work he would help me get everything right, first step was wand movement, once I got that down, he taught pronunciation and then we just kept working on it for months. We ended up with alot of Pink Teddy bears in the process, and I think I may have accidentally turned the cat green at one point. That's okay, my father turned the cat back to it's normal colors. I just was so excited when I started getting the spell down and then a few months ago, I tried it on my own hair and fell in love with using it. So ultimately, yes I use the spell..." Ferbs voice drifted off when he realized he was babbling on and on. "I am sorry, don't mean to talk you ear off. Sorry about that. I just get excited." Ferb dropped his shoulders.

~"IT DOES NOT DO TO DWELL ON DREAMS AND FORGET TO LIVE, REMEMBER THAT." ~Albus Dumbledore

SherbertLemondrop

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2023 1:54 pm
User Image
                                          All I know is nothing happens if you just give in
                                          It can't be any worse than how it's been
                                          And it just so happens that we just might win
                                          So whatever happens! Let's begin!

User Image
                                          X════════════════════════X

Nora toddled her way up the stairs of the Astronomy Tower her arms full of blankets. Her bag was full of treats and different astronomy books. She still wasn't entirely sure how exactly she had come to be in charge of the Astronomy Club and yet, here she was. She didn't mind too much, she was already going to the club anyway. No, her biggest complaint was the hours. Yet, she'd done this out of her own free will. Since her second year. Once she finally reached the top of the tower she dropped the blankets and yawned. Now it was just a matter of seeing who would show up. Unfortunately, she knew they were missing a few they would never get back...

She shook her head to clear out any thoughts that she had and began to get to work setting everything up. She placed a smile on her face as she began to arrange blankets and set out snacks.

X════════════════════════X

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
                                          addaellis

SherbertLemondrop

SherbertLemondrop

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2023 12:01 pm
User Image
                                          I Have a Dream, a song to sing
                                          To help me cope, with anything
                                          If you see the wonder, of a fairy tale
                                          You can take the future, even if you fail

User Image

A small dog bounded up the stairs to the Astronomy Tower, towing a full tote bag between its teeth. Once it made its way to the top and dropped the bag the little form shifted until Nora stood in the dog's place in her oversized, appropriately labeled, sweatshirt. Nora stretched out a little, loosening her muscles from the climb. One day toward the end of last year she'd been exhausted and the idea of climbing all the way up the tower for class had just seemed too much. So she'd made the logical next step in her mind; try it as a dog. She didn't know if it actually made a difference or if it was just placebo, but she'd made it to the top in record time. Since then she hadn't climbed the tower any other way. She seemed to have more energy as a terrier than a person.

Once she felt fully human again she began to empty her bag pulling out blankets and star charts. She just hoped there would be more of a turnout this year. Her first year being in charge was a bit... abysmal. She just figured everyone slept through the time, which was entirely fair. She almost did every time. Almost as if on cue she yawned. She grabbed one of the blankets and laid it out. She sat down and leaned back to stare at the stars above her just enjoying the quiet and the slight breeze that tousled a loose hair.

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
                                          null

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2023 9:43 pm
User Image
                                          Who's to say
                                          What's impossible, well they forgot
                                          This world keeps spinning
                                          And with each new day
                                          I can feel a change in everything

User Image

Nora made the long trek up the stairs to the Astronomy Tower. She was tired well before she made it to the top. This was one thing she wouldn’t miss about Hogwarts after she graduated. The stairs. They were killer. She was just glad she was in Hufflepuff and didn’t have to trek up who knew how many flights of stairs to get to her room. She was quite content in the basement.

It had become a habit to make her way up these stairs in her animagus form, but she couldn’t quite carry all the books in her little teeth. As much as she liked this club, she wouldn’t mourn too much passing on to the next person. She gently let go of the books and they landed with a satisfying ‘plop’. She then shrugged her bag off of her shoulder and sat on the ground, crossing her legs. She dug through her bag filled with snacks, charts, and most importantly, blankets. She grabbed one and wrapped it around herself. Nothing left to do but wait.

OOC:

I wanna turn the whole thing upside down
                                          I'll find the things they say just can't be found
                                          I'll share this love I find with everyone
                                          We'll sing and dance to Mother Nature's songs
                                          I don't want this feeling to go away

null

SherbertLemondrop

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2023 2:49 pm
User Image
Fiadh Reilly O'Shea
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Hufflepuff First Year
Half Blood Eleven Year Old

User Image
                                                  Company : Older Puff...

Fiadh had been adjusting to day to day life at school. She’d spent time with all her many friends from Liv to her housemates. Finding her footing in classes, from those she liked and those she wasn’t so sure on. All in all it was going well. At least you could say that from an eleven year old perspective. She’d already written to her parents, relying on one of the school owls to get it to her family safely. They were surely happy to hear she was enjoying herself so far.

When it came to the topic of what she was going to do outside of classes, Fiadh couldn’t figure out what club to involve herself in. When she found out one of the older Hufflepuff girls ran the astronomy club it made sense. How could she not go to the astronomy club, astronomy was her favorite class. Fiadh found that to be the one downside to the Hufflepuff common room. Though, she enjoyed the warmth that came from the space. Nothing bad about the cozy common area.

Making her way to the Astronomy tower and then climbing up the tower, Fiadh was excited. Any excuse to be out and looking at the stars was enough for her. Taking a big breath as she reached the top, Fiadh walked in happy to have made the trek. It was a long one. Especially with her bag of astronomy stuff. Can’t go to the tower without them, right?

“Hi, my names Fia.” The first year puff greeted. “Mind if I join you?” Fiadh asked politely as she slipped her bag off. The young puff held the ends of her long sweatered sleeves as she waited. This was her happy place for sure. Though, Fiadh was more or less happy with any high up place with a view of the sky.

OOC : YAY a member! lol

SherbertLemondrop

A kind heart you have there
                                                  One that's good for making friends of all kinds
                                                  Everyone will be safe with you!
                                                  You'll find a home for your heart in...
                                                  Hufflepuff!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2023 9:59 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Astronomy Club
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? A couple students
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Going to Club
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? So many stairs

Growing up in a very religious household, they believed that they were the only beings on God's green Earth and that the stars and all the universe were His creations. But that didn't stop Declan from looking up at the stars almost every night and dream that they (humanity) weren't alone in the universe. He really loved the stars and had even learned the constellations on his own, at least the major ones. When he'd learned that they had an Astronomy class from Mrs Nora, he'd been excited. But learning that there was also an after class club for the subject, Declan was ecstatic. The blond decided to join this club as well. However, the daunting task of climbing the stairs was something he wasn't looking forward to. Halfway up the stairs, he was already winded, cursing his frail looking physique. At long last, he reached the top of the stairs and peeked into the room. There was an older girl and a girl from his year, who if memory served, was named Fiadh. Declan remembered the names of all the kids from his year. The boy squeaked a little as he squeezed through the door that was suddenly heavy for him. "H...hi," he murmured. "I...I'm Declan."

✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮
          Wᴇʟᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ Wᴏɴᴅᴇʀʟᴀɴᴅ, ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ sʜᴏᴜʟᴅ ᴡᴇ ɢᴏ? Tʜᴇʀᴇ's ᴀ ᴛᴇᴀ ᴘᴀʀᴛʏ ᴀʟᴏɴɢ ᴅᴏᴡɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴏᴀᴅ
          Mᴀᴋᴇ ᴀɴ ᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴍᴀʏʙᴇ ᴛʜᴇʏ'ʟʟ sɪɴɢ ᴜs ᴀ sᴏɴɢ, ᴅᴀɴᴄɪɴɢ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴀ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍ ᴜɴᴅᴇʀɴᴇᴀᴛʜ ᴛʜᴇ sᴛᴀʀs
          Lᴀᴜɢʜɪɴɢ 'ᴛɪʟ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏʀɴɪɴɢ ᴄᴏᴍᴇs. Eᴠᴇʀʏᴏɴᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʟᴇᴀᴠᴇs ʜᴀs ᴀ ʜᴇᴀᴠʏ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ
          Oʜ, Wᴏɴᴅᴇʀʟᴀɴᴅ I ʟᴏᴠᴇ✮✩✮
          Nᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴀʀᴏᴜɴᴅ ʜᴇʀᴇ ɪs ᴏ̨ᴜɪᴛᴇ ᴀs ɪᴛ sᴇᴇᴍs, Nᴏᴛ sᴜʀᴇ ɪғ ᴀɴʏᴛʜɪɴɢ's ʀᴇᴀʟ ᴏʀ ᴀ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍ
          Aɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏɴʟʏ ᴛʜɪɴɢ sᴜʀᴇ ғʀᴏᴍ ᴛʜᴇ sᴛᴀʀᴛ, ɪs ᴛʜᴇ sᴏɴɢ ᴛʜᴀᴛ's ɪɴsɪᴅᴇ ᴏғ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ
          Dᴏɴ'ᴛ ʟᴇᴛ ɪᴛ ʟᴇᴀᴠᴇ✮✩✮
          ✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮

Quote:

AliceInWonderland0921
Crew

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2023 5:30 am
User ImageUser Image
xx Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Astronomy Tower
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Other students
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Astronomy Club
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? Please don't make me talk... please please....

So far, in all the classes, there were way too many interactions. The most spaced out class had been Astronomy, and staring up into the heavens put her mind truly at ease. It wasn't until after her first class that Ella knew she wanted to attend this club as well. She took her time walking up the numerous stairs to get back to the Astronomy classroom, and once there, she saw a couple others in her year, as well as one older student. One of the kids here was Fi, her roommate, meaning if she was spotted, she'd most likely be pulled into a conversation.

Ella stepped in the door just enough to pass through, then slipped to the side to try and hide amongst the shadows. Maybe she could just listen from here, then find some alone time to try and look through the telescopes when she was alone. Dark eyes watched the others, a bit of sadness within her gaze. The others seemed so happy, but even then... it wasn't joy, nor jubilation.... it was something like forced calm, wasn't it? After all, it was incredibly difficult to be truly at peace. She'd seen it many times in her young life. Frustration and self-hatred swirled with occasional bursts of the other emotions. Rage, joy, sadness... wasn't that really all emotions condensed down? A small sigh as Llewella shrank down a bit, gaze falling to the floor.

{{Wearing :: Overall dress & cozy cardigan}}
          Aɴᴅ ɴᴏᴡ ʏᴏᴜ'ᴠᴇ ɢʀᴏᴡɴ ᴜᴘ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴛʜɪs ɴᴏᴛɪᴏɴ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ʙʟᴀᴍᴇ
          Aɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜ sᴇᴇᴍ sᴏ sᴛʀᴏɴɢ sᴏᴍᴇᴛɪᴍᴇs, ʙᴜᴛ I ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ sᴛɪʟʟ ғᴇᴇʟ ᴛʜᴇ sᴀᴍᴇ
          As ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ɢɪʀʟ ᴡʜᴏ sʜɪɴᴇᴅ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴀɴɢᴇʟ, ᴇᴠᴇɴ ᴀғᴛᴇʀ ʜɪs ʟᴀᴢʏ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ ᴘᴜᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ʜᴇʟʟ
          I ᴡɪsʜ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ sᴇᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ, sᴛɪʟʟ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ ɪᴍᴘʀᴇss ʜɪᴍ ʙᴜᴛ ʜᴇ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴡɪʟʟ ʟɪsᴛᴇɴ
          Oʜ ʙʀᴏᴋᴇɴ ᴀɴɢᴇʟ, ᴡᴇʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ sᴀᴅ ᴡʜᴇɴ ʜᴇ ᴄʀᴜsʜᴇᴅ ᴀʟʟ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍs?
          Oʜ ʙʀᴏᴋᴇɴ ᴀɴɢᴇʟ, ɪɴsɪᴅᴇ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴅʏɪɴɢ ᴄᴀᴜsᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴᴛ ʙᴇʟɪᴇᴠᴇ
          Hᴇ ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ ʟᴇᴀᴠᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀʟᴏɴᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ʟᴇᴀᴠᴇ ʏᴏᴜ sᴏ ᴄᴏʟᴅ ᴡʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ʜɪs ᴅᴀᴜɢʜᴛᴇʀ
          Bᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ɪɴ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴠᴇɪɴs ᴀs ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀʀʀʏ ʜɪs ɴᴀᴍᴇ ᴛᴜʀɴs ᴛʜɪɴɴᴇʀ ᴛʜᴀɴ ᴡᴀᴛᴇʀ
          Yᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴀ ʙʀᴏᴋᴇɴ ᴀɴɢᴇʟ ᴀɴᴅ I ᴘʀᴏᴍɪsᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɪᴛ's ɴᴏᴛ ʏᴏᴜʀ ғᴀᴜʟᴛ. Iᴛ ᴡᴀs ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ʏᴏᴜʀ ғᴀᴜʟᴛ

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2023 3:02 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
✸Jaelah✸Aindrias✸
Slytherin ~ Third Year
Quidditch (Keeper) ✸ Astronomy ✸ Herbology

"It's like a treasure hunt, in a way"

Jaelah heard astronomy club was meeting, and counted down the minutes until it was time for the club. It was by far one of her favorite meetings, it reminded her of summer days on the ship. It was especially nice for her this year, after the fiasco of Harmony stealing the ship, killing some people, it was all rather insane. But the stars, they were always the same. a constant in Jaelahs life. When Jaelah got to the top of the tower, there were a few first years there already, but the only returning on there so far was the captain - Nora Jayne. The first years were surrounding her though, and Jaelah decided maybe she wouldn't do that. She went over toward a cutout window, and looked out to the sky, wondering where her parents were on this night.

"And you're a detective. Get searching!"

Quote:

Quote:

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100

SherbertLemondrop

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:41 pm
User Image
                                          If I could fly, then I would know
                                          What life looks like from up above and down below
                                          I’d keep you safe, I’d keep you dry

User Image

Xeno took the stairs up to the Astronomy Tower two at a time. She was especially excited for the Astronomy club tonight. Nora had handed the club over to Xeno after her graduation since Xeno had been especially passionate (and the fact that she had asked to take over...several times). She wasn't usually the type to be persistent in that sort of thing, but something about this club was freeing to her. Also, she liked being in charge.

Like Nora, Xeno had brought up as many blankets up the stairs as she could carry. She'd also managed to convince her little cat Boötes to come along. After all, he was named after a constellation, it only seemed fair for him to grace them with his presence. She set the little guy down. He walked around the area before deciding on a spot a lie down. Xeno sat down next to him and began rubbing his belly waiting for other students to show up.

Don’t be afraid
                                          I’m the satellite and you’re the sky

null

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2024 7:09 pm
User Image
                                          They might try to tell you how you can live your life
                                          But don't, don't forget it's your right
                                          To do whatever you like, you like
                                          Cause you could be your own spotlight

User Image

Lily walked up the long staircase with a yawn. Lily liked the astronomy club, she really did, but she also really loved sleeping. She wasn't necessarily fond of doing things at night period but with Xeno being in charge now she figured it was good for her to come. When she made it to the top of the tower she blew out a breath. "Hey Queen," she mumbled in a sleepy voice. She grabbed one of the blankets and wrapped herself in it, sitting down hard on the floor. Then she noticed the little cat and mumbled out, "Hey Bootes." She then glanced upward toward the sky. "Any cool constellations out tonight?"

OOC:

Depression is a little bit like happy hour, right?
                                          It's always gotta be happening somewhere on any given night
                                          'Cause compassion is something that they just don't, just don't teach
                                          You could be your own spotlight

null

SherbertLemondrop

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2024 8:03 pm
User Image
Fiadh Reilly O'Shea
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Hufflepuff Second Year
Half Blood Twelve Year Old

User Image
                                                  Company : Xeno & Lily

Fiadh had been waiting with anticipation for astronomy club to role around. It had been her favourite club last year and she couldn’t wait to get back into it. Climbing the tower, Fiadh was happy to be back in the tower. See the stars from this high up was so worth it. Once she arrived, the second year Hufflepuff noticed two of her fellow classmates, Lily and Xeno. “Hey girls,” she greeted the two with a smile. Signing in Fiadh was happy to there. Setting up shop, she didn’t know what she was going to see but she was hoping for something. Finding herself glancing toward the door, she wondered if Dec or Elle would make an appearance.

OOC : - - -

A kind heart you have there
                                                  One that's good for making friends of all kinds
                                                  Everyone will be safe with you!
                                                  You'll find a home for your heart in...
                                                  Hufflepuff!

Clubs (Looking for Clubs!)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces