Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Links
'I treat my wife as an employee whom I cannot fire'

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 3:41 am
Eric Barker, Contributor

Ask people what Einstein did and they’ll say “Relativity.” (Ask them what relativity is and you’ll get an awkward silence. All most people understand about it is that you’re supposed to know it’s important.)

Read more: link

Comment:
I wouldn't say it was not so much his genius that made him put his family last, as it was his flesh.

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 9:39 am
Garland-Green

Comment:
I wouldn't say it was not so much his genius that made him put his family last, as it was his flesh.

I take it you're posting this as an example of why the wisdom of God / the Word of God is so important. And that just because you're born a Jew, that doesn't mean you obey the wisdom of YHWH.

If he was going to live in his head and be emotionally-detached, then he should have stayed celibate and avoided inflicting so much hurt on others.

Einstein's rule #3.1 for his wife:
Quote:
you will not expect any intimacy from me, nor will you reproach me in any way;

This is a perversion of marriage. Marriage cannot be one-sided. And if you want to be one-sided, then don't get married. Marriage is about two becoming a team, not about playing solo. But mutual consideration, helping each other survive, and meeting each others needs (including each others sexual needs), thus a self-less, others-centered relationship in the most intimate of ways. May God disciple many people with His wisdom so that relationships like Einstein's are avoided.

He got married, only to cheat on her (several times). But then why make up this "expect-no-intimacy" rule if he wanted sex? He may have had worldly wisdom, but he lacked the wisdom of God.

• 1 Corinthians 7:8-9 (NIV)

8 Now to the unmarried[a] and the widows I say: It is good for them to stay unmarried, as I do.

9 But if they cannot control themselves, they should marry, for it is better to marry than to burn with passion.

Footnotes:

1 Corinthians 7:8 Or widowers

• 1 Corinthians 7:3-5 (NIV)

3 The husband should fulfill his marital duty to his wife, and likewise the wife to her husband. 4 The wife does not have authority over her own body but yields it to her husband. In the same way, the husband does not have authority over his own body but yields it to his wife. 5 Do not deprive each other except perhaps by mutual consent and for a time, so that you may devote yourselves to prayer. Then come together again so that Satan will not tempt you because of your lack of self-control.

cristobela
Vice Captain

Links

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces