Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply News with a Christian perspective
Christians Must Reject 'Tepid' Christianity

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 3:51 am
as 'Scorching Paganism' Rises in West

BY BRANDON SHOWALTER , CP REPORTER
May 16, 2017 | 5:54 PM

Ravi Zacharias noted on Friday at the World Summit in Defense of Persecuted Christians that his calling is to hostile audiences, often like those one finds on secular university campuses. Addressing victims of persecution and their advocates was a bit unusual for him, he said, even saying he felt it was "audacious."

Read more at: link  
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 11:13 am
About this:

Quote:
While there was nothing wrong with the food at King Nebuchadnezzar's table, Daniel's refusal to partake reveals that he knew if he indulged he would forget his primary calling.

Of what is written in Scripture, he cannot summarize the passage in this way; the text suggests there was something wrong with what was on the table, of what the pagans call food, though it does not enter into the detail of what exactly that was:

• Daniel 1:8 (NIV)

8 But Daniel resolved not to defile himself with the royal food and wine, and he asked the chief official for permission not to defile himself this way.

Daniel was loyal to YHWH's Commands and that is why he gained wisdom.

• Proverbs 1:7 (NIV)

7 The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge,
        but fools[a] despise wisdom and instruction.

Footnotes:

a. Proverbs 1:7 The Hebrew words rendered fool in Proverbs, and often elsewhere in the Old Testament, denote a person who is morally deficient.

• Proverbs 2:1-2 (NIV)

My son, if you accept my words
            and store up my commands within you,
        2 turning your ear to wisdom
            and applying your heart to understanding—

• Joshua 1:8 (NIV)

8 Keep this Book of the Law always on your lips; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful.

Who knows, the passage in Daniel is so vague about what was on the table, there may have been plants who do us harm in the ingredients of the wine. Or even literal unclean animals on the table—animals who feast on rotting matter and decaying flesh [i.e. carcasses], filtering the earth of what is pathogenic, consequently, they're unclean for us to eat.

• Revelation 18:2 (NIV)

2 With a mighty voice he shouted:

“‘Fallen! Fallen is Babylon the Great!’[a]
            She has become a dwelling for demons
        and a haunt for every impure spirit,
            a haunt for every unclean bird,
            a haunt for every unclean and detestable animal

Footnotes:

a. Revelation 18:2 Isaiah 21:9

• Matthew 24:28 (NIV)

28 Wherever there is a carcass, there the vultures will gather.

Carrion/decaying flesh/carcass/rotting matter releases cadaverine and putrescine which can be toxic to us humans in large amounts. Both the bodies of animals and human (and even some plants) release putrescine and cadaverine when they rot; and, again, those compounds can be toxic. Hence YHWH's wisdom in calling those animals unclean [and limiting the plants we eat], thus not to be eaten [literally ingested] by man. To quote from a [previous topic]:

Quote:
Putrescine, or tetramethylenediamine, is a foul-smelling[1] organic chemical compound NH2(CH2)4NH2 (1,4-diaminobutane or butanediamine) that is related to cadaverine; both are produced by the breakdown of amino acids in living and dead organisms and both are toxic in large doses.[2][3] The two compounds are largely responsible for the foul odor of putrefying flesh, but also contribute to the odor of such processes as bad breath and bacterial vaginosis.[4] They are also found in semen and some microalgae, together with related molecules like spermine and spermidine.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Putrescine

Quote:
Biogenic amines (histamine, tyramine, putres-cine, cadaverine, agmatine, spermidine and spermine) are nitrogenous compounds. They occur naturally in living organisms and are involved in many biological processes. Nonetheless, high amounts in food may be hazardous to human health. The diamines putrescine and cadaverine in food can potentiate the effects of simultaneously ingested histamine. In protein-rich foods, high concentrations of these diamines are indicative for hygienic deficiencies in the food chain. Even though being formed endogenously and being essential for some physiological metabolic pathways, both diamines are known as precursors for car-cinogenic nitrosamines. Putrescine also plays a certain role in tumour growth. [...]

https://www.researchgate.net (shortened url, click for full link)

Quote:
HUMAN EXPOSURE AND TOXICITY: Putrescine is a skin, eye and respiratory irritant. Occupational exposure to putrescine may occur through inhalation and dermal contact with this compound at workplaces where it is produced or used.

https://toxnet.nlm.nih.gov/cgi-bin/sis/search/a?dbs+hsdb:@term+@DOCNO+7865

Quote:
HUMAN EXPOSURE AND TOXICITY: It is a foul-smelling diamine formed by bacterial decarboxylation of lysine. It is poisonous and irritating to the skin. Harmful if ingested, inhaled, or absorbed through the skin. It can cause burns and is very destructive of mucous membranes. Occupational exposure to cadaverine may occur through inhalation and dermal contact with this compound at workplaces where it is produced or used. Monitoring data indicate that the general population may be exposed to cadaverine by ingestion of certain meats.

https://toxnet.nlm.nih.gov/cgi-bin/sis/search/a?dbs+hsdb:@term+@DOCNO+7866

But also:

Quote:
That day, I learned about cadaverine and putrescine. These two molecules are produced during the decomposition of proteins, when the amino acids lysine and ornithine break down, and they are largely responsible for the smell of rotting flesh. My mistake in the lab was to think that rotting plants are more innocuous than rotting animals. Duckweed, it turns out, has such high protein levels that it’s used as animal feed, and those proteins, like any proteins, can create a deathly stench.

https://www.sciencenews.org/blog/gory-details/why-death-smells-so-deadly

Quote:
“Calcium oxalate is not a nutrient (nor a beneficial source of calcium), and it can be toxic in large doses. Duckweeds can contain up to 2 — 4 percent oxalic acid equivalents by weight. However, oxalate also is found in a great many leafy and very nutritious vegetables, including spinach, swiss chard and others. In these edible vegetables, calcium oxalate is found in at levels up to 0.5 — 1 percent. So, minimizing oxalate has the potential to make duckweeds more nutritious and digestible.

However, published reports of calcium oxalate levels in duckweeds are likely to be misleading. The late Vincent Franceschi (Washington State University) demonstrated that the calcium oxalate content of Lemna minor depends greatly on the calcium content of the water on which they are growing. Elevated calcium in the water favors formation of calcium oxalate crystals, and their content can be lowered by growth on low-calcium medium. It seems likely that placing duckweed on soft water for a reasonably short period could lower oxalate content significantly in a practical setting…

http://www.eattheweeds.com/duckweed/

Despite their optimism to eat duckweed, is this not the food of the animals (in contrast to the food of man)?

Man's Food

• Genesis 1:29 (NIV)

29 Then God said, “I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food.

Animals' Food

• Genesis 1:30 (NIV)

30 And to all the beasts of the earth and all the birds in the sky and all the creatures that move along the ground—everything that has the breath of life in it—I give every green plant for food.” And it was so.

Not every animal, nor even every green plant, on earth is there for us to eat beneficially from. YHWH knows all the reasons why, even if we can only detect a mere few reasons with our modern science. Let's really leave all the pagan philosophies behind and only do as YHWH tells us to do. The interpretation of Scripture that is validated by the Word (from Genesis to Revelation) and by science is to stay away from what YHWH—and emphasis on YHWH, not what the teachers of the law who ignore what is read from Moses' seat, but what YHWH in accordance to the Commands He gave Moses—literally calls unclean even in what we eat. It's for our good.

• James 4:17 (NIV)

17 If anyone, then, knows the good they ought to do and doesn’t do it, it is sin for them.

• Deuteronomy 10:12-13 (NIV)

12 And now, Israel, what does the Lord your God ask of you but to fear the Lord your God, to walk in obedience to him, to love him, to serve the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul, 13 and to observe the Lord’s commands and decrees that I am giving you today for your own good?

• 1 John 3:4 (NIV)

4 Everyone who sins breaks the law; in fact, sin is lawlessness.

• Ezekiel 22:26 (NIV)

26 Her priests do violence to my law and profane my holy things; they do not distinguish between the holy and the common; they teach that there is no difference between the unclean and the clean; and they shut their eyes to the keeping of my Sabbaths, so that I am profaned among them.

Even by Jesus' words in the Book of Revelation, there is still a big difference.

cristobela
Vice Captain

News with a Christian perspective

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces