Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 1:09 pm
When the traders came through, Ichta always picked up a new supply of cotton. While it was often cheaper to imply buy thread outright, there had always been something about spinning it up herself that soothed the ends of often frayed nerves. A few mended garments here and there were really all she needed to keep on top of the sprawling tapestry of green and gold that spent it's days curled up tightly in her clothing chest.

Even as she walked back towards the Candidates' Quarters, she idly plucked and twisted the plant in her hands, turning it's light fluffy fibers in a way that she hadn't practiced since she was very young. Small, nimble fingers such as hers had been thought to have better use, after all.

She passed through several familiar rooms as she crossed the Weyr, pausing and glimpsing over a few faces and hurried moving away from a specific few. Hooooooooooboy. Ichta just didn't have the energy for certain specific people that day and really, the sooner she got back somewhere safe, the better off she would be.

Masterharper
I have created a start of potato. :V She's kinda just..wherever because she can be.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 2:12 pm
demon_pachabel
I took a few liberties assuming she wouldn't just run. xD But. If you think she'd flee at a dragon dropping down in front of her, I'm happy to edit my post!

The poor Candidate may have wished to return to the Barracks without incident, but it was not to be. A great shadow fell over the girl, and an extremely loud and triumphant bugle was suddenly heard. The wind kicked up as a great whoosh followed, and a bright blue dragon all landed hardjust in front of Ichta. The creature's eyes whirled a vibrant blue-green, and he lowered his head to get a better look at the young Candidate.

"By the shell, you great big oaf, not again!" The quiet cursing of his rider could be heard, even as the man smacked and kicked at the dragon's neck and shoulders. As if that would get the blue to change his mind, or have any effect whatsoever on what Cinonth decided to do.

In fact, it was clear that the blue wasn't the least bit affected. Lowering his head, he all but ran up to Ichta, humming happily in pleasure and delight.

H'sad groaned. He knew what was going to happen, and could tell by how his blue had puffed out that Cinonth was going to Search someone. Much to his embarrasment, the blue was going to Search a Candidate. "Cinoooooonth," he half-growled, half-whined. He tried to shake the neckridge before him, but of course, made no mark and Cinonth didn't even feel it.

Look what I found, Mine! I need to investigate more but I think she feels right! The blue inched closer, stretching out his neck, wanting a better look at the girl. He hoped she wouldn't run or flee.

Knowing that his dragon wouldn't take him back to their weyr until he was satisfied with a day's Search, H'sad rolled his eyes behind his goggles, unbuckled his riding straps, and slid down the blue's side. He was hot, sweaty, his back hurt, and wanted a bath. Sweep's weren't usually difficult, but a few hours of flight could get boring; especially as his group had been assigned to scope out portions of Nabol. Nothing but hills, pits, mines, and ugly land made for a truly unfortunate afternoon. But did he get to return to his weyr and relax?

No.

His blue had to go make a spectacle of himself.

Pushing his goggles atop his helmet, the man tried not to look cross or impatient. "You can ignore him, honest," he explained. "He's being ridiculous, so really, so if you're in a hurry, I promise I won't let him chase you back to the Barracks." A glance at her shoulder knots confirmed his suspicions -- she was already a Candidate.

Cinonth turned his head away for a moment to growl warning at his rider, which was also ignored. That's not a proper introduction, Mine! Do it like you're supposed to! The blue rebuked, before turning back towards Ichta. He all but quivered in delight at the prospect of Searching the young girl.

Masterharper
Vice Captain

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 2:25 pm
Dragon incoming. The shadows that sometimes fell from overhead had lost their initial spook factor years before Ichta had been searched, so initially, she wasn't concerned. The loud bugle sent her hands over her ears as she looked up, the smallest frown creasing her face. As the air swept up around her, she moved her arms to cover her face to keep any dust from blowing into it. It was only half successful as she squinted her eyes. It wasn't until the loud THUMP of a landing dragon that her nerves began to tingle.

Arms slowly lowered from her face, she wiped what dust she could out of her eyes before Cinonth was given an appraising look that took roughly 2 seconds. Dragon, blue, rider, okay, this was alright for the next 20 seconds. She took a deep breath and perked up, putting on her best (nervous) smile. Ichta had barely been able to look up toward's the rider to hear what he was saying ('not again'?) when she was given the gift of a dragon head in her face.

This gift was reciprocated with a squeak of surprise, both arms pulled in tightly to her chest for a moment before she offered out a palm and a small laugh. "Well hello to you too," she greeted first to the blue, then looked to H'sad with a touch more nervousness than she greeted his bonded. "Chase?" A worried look was passed back to Cinonth, both arms immediately pulled back in when the warning growl passed.

Ahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahah...

"I'm not really in a rush, I don't mind saying hi if that's what he - um...-" she looked back to H'sad, then to the dragon, then back to the rider with a half smile, "I don't know either of your names, actually, but if a hello is all I'm in for, I can handle that." There was a moment's pause before she offered a half bow of her head, "I'm Ichta." Because manners. At least everybody was starting from the 'I don't know who you are' front.

Masterharper
That's fine! Suddenly dragon is less spooky than suddenly scary appearing person for Ichta

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:32 am
demon_pachabel

Cinonth's eyes whirled a faster blue-green when the girl snatched her hand back. You're scaring her, Mine. Be nice. Cinonth admonished H'sad, who gave him an incredulous look. Ah, but the blue dragon ignored his riders mental objections, and instead sniffed long and hard at Ichta, before pushing his head even closer. He looked her over through one eye, then turned his head to observe her through the other. His eyes whirled happily, and then he pushed the rest of his face closer to Ichta, and unless the girl backed away or stepped aside, would have no trouble pushing his head right into her, as if demanding appropriate pets.

Unlike some dragons who kept themselves rather aloof, Cinonth had little fear or shyness of strangers. He liked their attention, and knew many did not often get such a close encounter. He gave a small thrum of pleasure, pleased with Ichta and himself.

H'sad decided that he might as well just go with whatever his friendly blue decided to do. Provided the girl didn't mind having a blue dragon up in her face. "It's good to meet you, Ichta. I'm H'sad, and this pest here is Cinonth. You can push him out of the way if you'd prefer; he's not being polite. If you'd like though, he is partial to cheek and eye ridge scratches."

The blue's eyes turned a brighter, more hopeful shade of green at the suggestion.

Tell her the good news, Mine! The blue's snake like tail whipped behind him in his excitement, and the blonde rider hesitated. This was the part that he couldn't help feel self-conscious about. He loved Cinonth but Searching Candidates wasn't exactly a thing of glory.

I will in a minute, okay? He stalled, hoping that he could get out of the entire affair.

"He is a bit physical with his greetings, I'm afraid. But he's perfectly harmless," he assured. Even those most comfortable around dragons weren't always happy to have one right in their face.

Masterharper
Vice Captain

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:17 am
Ichta was absolutely delighted when Cinonth pushed his head closer to her. The young woman easily offered out a palm against the blue's nose, running it up along his head affectionately. "Well hello to you too," she greeted quietly to the dragon, before slowly looking to the rider as well. "He's fine. I like meeting all of the dragons," better than firelizards. They were small and twitchy and popped out of nowhere and had startled her more than once.

A suggestion was all that was needed for Ichta to seek out the ridge along Cinonth's eye, offering gentle scratches along it, almost idly like when one was stroking a child's back.

"It's been a while since any dragon wanted to say hi to me, at least. I'm sorry if his need to greet threw off your plans for the day." She just assumed Cinonth was friendly and H'sad was along for the ride, whether he wanted to be or not. Ichta imagined that was the case for quite a few riders, actually.

Masterharper

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:23 am
demon_pachabel

H'sad was relieved that the girl didn't seem to mind having a blue dragons up in her face. Cinonth was an overly-friendly blue beast, and sometimes didn't seem to remember that not every person was keen on dragons. He'd accidentally scared more than a few Hold folks over the Turns, and was relieved that this girl didn't seem too jittery. One cold never assume, after all, even in a Weyr.

"Oh, we just got back from Sweeps, so it's no problem." And chances were Dristan was working, so it wasn't as if he had somewhere to really be. Sure, a change of clothes, and maybe a bath sounded good, but the rest of his day was relatively open. H'sad did watch the girl's miistrations of his blue, and was relieved to see she didn't need any instruction. Some folks didn't know what to do with a dragon so near, but not this one.

Excellent.

"Some dragons jst aren't very friendly," H'sad chuckled. "Or like to keep to themselves. Cinonth here seems to love just about everyone he meets, and is always open to extra company... Especially if it means scratches and pets." It was a good thing H'sad wasn't a jealous rider, because Cinonth wold accept snuggles from just about anyone.

But you my favorite, Mine. The blue dragon assured, sending a wave of fond love and affection towards the man. His blue eyes seemed to turn a brighter hue, and the dragon snuffled closer to Ichta, pressing into her touches, and giving a happy rumble. H'sad gave the blue's neck a solid thump, before leaning against him to wait.

"Actually," he finally confessed, "He wanted to Search you. I told him you'd already been Searched, but he was insistent he got to do the noble deed How long have you been a Candidate anyway?" He figured some small talk wouldn't hurt and would give both girl and dragon a chance to enjoy a little extra attention.

Masterharper
Vice Captain

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:47 am
"I see. I haven't met too many dragons up close and personal. I'm grateful that those I have met have been friendly." Not that she'd seen any straight up aggressive ones. Maybe for the better.

A second hand joined the first as the blue seemed to lean into her attentions, seeking out a second eye ridge to run along. Ichta laughed at the news that Cinonth was eagerly trying to Search her. Poor fellow was a little late to the draw, but it was nice to find humor in the day. It would at least sustain her nerves for later. "Well, he definitely found me at least," she mused out loud. "Half a turn too late, but he found me." Not that she felt like she'd particularly lived up to the honor in the half-turn she'd been at the Weyr.

Plenty of clothing to upkeep and make, at least, so her hands hadn't exactly fallen idle.

"I'm sure he was quite the thing when he was small. Easier access with everybody to get some attention from, I'd imagine."

Masterharper

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:55 pm
demon_pachabel
Because I'm awesome and only a month late with this. Hnngh. Sorry! It doesn't have to last long given she's now a blue rider herself.

Cinonth was only too pleased that the girl didn't seem to mind his close affection. He gave a happy croon, glad that Ichta didn't mind scratching his eye ridges. Her hands were soft and gentle and not prone to poking or scratching, like some small ones. So it was, the blue dragon was only too happy to continue his cuddle.

I like this one! Definitely a good Candidate. The blue dragon happily relayed to his rider, his eyes whirling a bright blue-green.

H'sad, for his part, was glad that Ichta didn't seem to object. Though this hadn't been what he'd wanted to do, he'd let both the girl and dragon indulge in the moment. Not everyone had a dragon, an not every dragon was as comfortable with others attentions like Cinonth. "Most dragons are pretty nice, though I have met and worked with some that are a bit more unpleasant." He made a face, thinking of a few sorts that were less than pleasant to work with. "But I guess even sometimes an a** needs a dragon to match, right?" He grinned, his usual good humor starting to return and his earlier grumpiness dissipating. With Cinonth happy, that meant he could be happy... or at least happier.

"You ever want to hang around a dragon, Cinonth'll be there in a heartbeat. He's a sucker for attention." Not that H'sad minded or was jealous. He knew his beloved blue was a sucker for a kind word or compliment; and H'sad wasn't always available to give him all the attention he desired. So it worked out when the blue beast could find his own.

"Ya hear that, buddy?" H'sad slapped the blue's neck fondly, before turning it into a gentle rub and scratch. "You're a bit late in finding this one, but I suppose being searched a second time doesn't hurt anything." Cinonth pressed harder into Ichta, more than content to remain.

"He was a lovebug if ever there was one. If he wasn't attached to me, he'd find someone else to cuddle with. It only got tricky when he started getting too big to be a lap dragon, but was still insistent on having full body cuddles." One of the stranger things a weyrling had to deal with growing up, and something not often talked about. Avoiding getting squashed by ones dragon was not something even weyrbred H'sad had thought would happen, but Cinonth had proved him wrong. "You really can push him off if he's a problem. He'll stay that way until you move him off, especially given that he likes you."

Masterharper
Vice Captain

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:33 am
"Well, he's very sweet so I don't mind giving it," Ichta smiled, patting the side of Cinonth's face and leaning in to touch her forehead to the Blue's. Her searchrider (well, the first one) had been a Bluerider as well. Maybe blues just liked her. Fortunately, the ever more cuddly dragon didn't knock her over as he leaned in for more affection, which she was ever so willing to give.

The image of H'sad being practically squished by his dragon was both concerning and in it's own way, amusing. While she was certain he'd never really been in physical danger - of course, dragons were ever so careful with Theirs, at least that's what she'd heard - she imagined there had been quite a bit of inconvenience.

"My evening plans involve working on my....pet project," though at the rate she was going, it was probably going to take several turns longer than she'd original been planning for when she'd started. However, leaving it unfinished simply wouldn't have done any good. "But if he'd like to sit a while, I'm not in a particular rush." except maybe to avoid anybody that made her particularly nervous.

Masterharper

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:10 pm
demon_pachabel
... Cinonth really needs a follow up where H'sad and he can meet Ichta and Aurinkoth. xD And yes, Cinonth will still want scritches and will sill tell Aurinkoth about how he Searched her.

Cinonth rumbled happily in pleasure. He truly was pleased that the one he Searched -- and no, he wasn't going to give credit to that first blue dragon at all -- was so keen on giving scratches. The blue dragon gave a sigh, which cause his entire frame to shudder as he relaxed. Yes, this was a good day; even with his riding straps still attached, and H'sad's desire to return to their weyr to clean up, he wasn't planning on budging. Not yet, at least.

Honestly, H'sad was pretty sure he was going to have to hike back to his weyr. Perhaps it was good they had moved to a lower ledge for Dristan's benefit. He didn't want to have to ask someone for a lift. "Well, now you've gone and done it," he grinned. "You probably just made a friend for life. Don't be surprised if he starts showing up for scritches whether I'm around or not," he added. Honestly, H'sad had never met a more affectionate dragon, though he didn't mind. Cinonth might have been thought of as a pest to some, but the majority -- especially children and those who hadn't yet Impressed -- seemed to enjoy his attention.

"What sort of pet project is it? Honestly, other than getting these straps off him, he should be good. He'll follow you back to the Barracks or wherever you need to go, and fly off when he's ready. I'd like to wash up myself," he added with a grin and shrug. "But I'm happy to leave him here. It's not like he doesn't know how to get back home."

Masterharper
Vice Captain

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces