User Image

Umgiyo x Thula base litter, owned by nessiaing & DavyJnah - the first ever Mwezi-lined breeding!

The Mwezi'Johari is now a lined pride!

Q. What? How!

A. Short answer: Staff points, it's like our breedings but hella expensive.

Long answer is that the Mwezi'Johari is an old pride (over 9 years) with a large population (over 350) and a generally active history (metaplots, breedings, etc). We've been "qualified" for lineart for some time and as long-time staff, I had the privilege of being able to help make that a reality for us.

Note: Despite being acquired this way, they are still RP required like any other set of unique lines. If I fail to get quarterly RPs and at least attempt a yearly meta, we will lose the lines and they will be given to another pride, just like any other lineart set [that does not belong to a shop pride].

Q. Who made the lineart?

A. Quaji did the original sketches, Safaia did the rest. I actually shaded one, though! Can you guess which? ;3

Q. These look kind of familiar..

A. Except the female cub, all of the Mwezi lineart is inspired by retired juvenile lineart! Some of them are more obvious than others. If you know me, this may help you guess what the other stages look like!

Q. Why is joining closed right now?

A. Joining will remain closed for the first month of being a lined pride to allow existing pride members to get a head start in trying for their breedings. ICly, this is because the pride is still wary of opening the borders after the civil war.

Q. Does this affect joining requirements?

A. No, but there is now a Joining Thread so applications don't need to be PMed to me directly anymore. There is still no JRP requirement and any reasonable lion should be accepted into the pride!

Q. Does this affect breeding requirements?

A. Yes. You are now required to get Breeding Permission prior to posting your forms in CC or Colorist threads. This is primarily to help me keep track of who is breeding and who should eventually need class rolls for cubs!

Got another question? Feel free to post in this thread!