Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Convention Forum
Hangout With Vice Captain Kaya! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:16 pm
KayaLing

So here's an update on my crush situation.

So I gave him the letter two weeks ago.

Last week I didn't see him.

This week he handed me a note and asked me on a date. I then invited him to a party this weekend.

Plus we finally got a moment alone to talk this time. xd  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:34 pm
OnsenMark
Otakon is next week, and I'm bouncing off the walls. I'm going to be busy getting things together, though. sweatdrop

Have fun, dude! I'm super excited for Animethon! I believe it's the same weekend as Otakon! FFXV voice actors and Cosplay Contest here I come! biggrin  

KayaLing

Vice Captain

Interesting Gaian

13,540 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Angelic Alliance 100

KayaLing

Vice Captain

Interesting Gaian

13,540 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Angelic Alliance 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:37 pm
angelmage99
KayaLing

This week he handed me a note and asked me on a date. I then invited him to a party this weekend.

Oh, that's totally awesome and sweet to be doing the 'passing notes between each other' thing! I don't think you see that very often nowadays with technology around us and what not. But I still think cool to do something a bit 'old school' nowadays. ^^

Hope your date goes well for you both! Good luck! *thumbs up*

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:16 pm
KayaLing
OnsenMark
Otakon is next week, and I'm bouncing off the walls. I'm going to be busy getting things together, though. sweatdrop

Have fun, dude! I'm super excited for Animethon! I believe it's the same weekend as Otakon! FFXV voice actors and Cosplay Contest here I come! biggrin

At least my suitcase is packed, lol. Now, I just have to pack my carryon, which will carry my dry food, cords/electronics, documentation, and a few other things.

Oh, and a cooler for food. Because I'll need to eat, and there's no way in heck I'm waiting until 5:30am for McDonalds in Union Station(D.C.) to open up. sweatdrop

(also, why are the "quote" and "edit" buttons so close together?)  

OnsenMark

Crew

Noble Raider

12,700 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:51 pm
KayaLing
angelmage99
KayaLing

Oh, that's totally awesome and sweet to be doing the 'passing notes between each other' thing! I don't think you see that very often nowadays with technology around us and what not. But I still think cool to do something a bit 'old school' nowadays. ^^

I feel a letter is more romantic and personal then a text. Not that a text would help me in this case. He has a flip phone. xd

The date is impossible to plan with a double date. It sounds like if it was just the two of us then it would be easier, but we have to make sure four people can get the day off.

So hows the fires were you are. We're covered in smoke down here. I noticed there were several fires close to you. I hope they can get the burns controlled by Friday. On Saturday there's supposed to be a beautiful meteor shower.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:20 am
angelmage99
KayaLing
angelmage99
KayaLing

I feel a letter is more romantic and personal then a text. Not that a text would help me in this case. He has a flip phone. xd

The date is impossible to plan with a double date. It sounds like if it was just the two of us then it would be easier, but we have to make sure four people can get the day off.

So hows the fires were you are. We're covered in smoke down here. I noticed there were several fires close to you. I hope they can get the burns controlled by Friday. On Saturday there's supposed to be a beautiful meteor shower.

Hi Ashleigh and Kaya

I hope that the fires get under control near both of you. The Meteor Shower that is happening this Saturday is the same one that happens in August every year. It's one of the best ones to see, especially if you live in an area where it's really dark. I've seen it many times and its very beautiful just like fireworks sometimes.

Ashleigh I hope that your date can work out out. When I was dating my Wife to be I wrote poetry for her. Most of it was in story form or theme form.  

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:52 pm
smithers456

KayaLing

Hey!

The fires are hundreds of miles away, but the smoke has come down to Southern Washington from Canada, my sister and a friend have been having a hay day with breathing, lucky for me I have some good lungs.

The air had been stagnate for near a week, but yesterday the wind picked up and allowed for some romantic star viewing last night.

It wasn't an official date or anything. We're still trying to find a second couple for a double date, but it was nice. he mentioned that he was interested in being a real couple, but that we need to get to the first date at least. So I suppose things are well.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:49 pm
angelmage99
I feel a letter is more romantic and personal then a text. Not that a text would help me in this case. He has a flip phone.

------

Hey!

The fires are hundreds of miles away, but the smoke has come down to Southern Washington from Canada, my sister and a friend have been having a hay day with breathing, lucky for me I have some good lungs.

The air had been stagnate for near a week, but yesterday the wind picked up and allowed for some romantic star viewing last night.

It wasn't an official date or anything. We're still trying to find a second couple for a double date, but it was nice. he mentioned that he was interested in being a real couple, but that we need to get to the first date at least. So I suppose things are well.

smithers456
Hi Ashleigh and Kaya

I hope that the fires get under control near both of you. The Meteor Shower that is happening this Saturday is the same one that happens in August every year. It's one of the best ones to see, especially if you live in an area where it's really dark. I've seen it many times and its very beautiful just like fireworks sometimes.

Ashleigh I hope that your date can work out out. When I was dating my Wife to be I wrote poetry for her. Most of it was in story form or theme form.

Definitely a letter and handwritten things are way more romantic. Kind of reminds me how Luna and Noctis communicate with each other through a notebook that Umbra brings back & forth between them. ^^

And ah, I see~ Yeah, I feel you on that, but from my experience with organizing events for cosplay groups that I'm part of. Scheduling things for a group is hard at times.

Fires are alright, I guess since they're from BC and mountains. It sucks that the wind sometimes blows the smoke from the mountains into our direction. I'm okay with smoke in the air, but it can make me cough if I have a cold though. It's pretty bad for my best friend and my boyfriend. They both don't have the greatest of lungs. D: I just wish it would downpour over where fires are, so that they can be put out. It seems the fire crew can't keep up at times. D:

AB sure had its share of natural disasters within like 5 years. First, floods. Next, fire up in the north and now, fires in BC/mountains. I sure hope things die down soon.

That's good that things seem good with you, Angel. smile

Btw, I'm back from my trip~ I came back home this past Sunday evening. The drive was interesting. Right after leaving Animethon, there was a thunderstorm and it was raining hard, which made people either slow way down or stop along the side of the road. I pushed forward by following a truck that was in front of me. I focused on its taillights. Then, after rain moved away, smoke was everywhere. It felt like you were in a Silent Hill movie.

Also, as per Ron's PM, I decided to move this thread to Main Forum to continue conversations and what not. ^^

KayaLing

Vice Captain

Interesting Gaian

13,540 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Angelic Alliance 100

OnsenMark

Crew

Noble Raider

12,700 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:59 pm
JSYK: Otakon was AWESOME.

The convention center it was in is XBOX HUEG compared to Baltimore -- and the area has actual GROCERY STORES, so you're not at the mercy of fast food for every meal. Plus there are parks and the like close by. And Chinatown. And the convention center is on a Metro stop, so if you're coming in from Reagan National, or Union Station, you can get to the con easily.

I think it's going from August 10-12 next year, and they already announced Todd Haberkorn as a guest.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:12 pm
KayaLing
angelmage99
I feel a letter is more romantic and personal then a text. Not that a text would help me in this case. He has a flip phone.

------

Hey!

smithers456
Hi Ashleigh and Kaya

Definitely a letter and handwritten things are way more romantic. Kind of reminds me how Luna and Noctis communicate with each other through a notebook that Umbra brings back & forth between them. ^^

And ah, I see~ Yeah, I feel you on that, but from my experience with organizing events for cosplay groups that I'm part of. Scheduling things for a group is hard at times.

Fires are alright, I guess since they're from BC and mountains. It sucks that the wind sometimes blows the smoke from the mountains into our direction. I'm okay with smoke in the air, but it can make me cough if I have a cold though. It's pretty bad for my best friend and my boyfriend. They both don't have the greatest of lungs. D: I just wish it would downpour over where fires are, so that they can be put out. It seems the fire crew can't keep up at times. D:

AB sure had its share of natural disasters within like 5 years. First, floods. Next, fire up in the north and now, fires in BC/mountains. I sure hope things die down soon.

Btw, I'm back from my trip~ I came back home this past Sunday evening. The drive was interesting. Right after leaving Animethon, there was a thunderstorm and it was raining hard, which made people either slow way down or stop along the side of the road. I pushed forward by following a truck that was in front of me. I focused on its taillights. Then, after rain moved away, smoke was everywhere. It felt like you were in a Silent Hill movie.

Also, as per Ron's PM, I decided to move this thread to Main Forum to continue conversations and what not. ^^

Now for an official date. My schedule next week looks pretty good, but on the flip side I didn't get any work hours. I'm going to talk to the store manager on Thursday about it, because it doesn't look like I'm fired or anything. I talked to the manager and my lead and they knew nothing which would be weird since all managers usually are on the same page. It's not the Store Manager that does the scheduling, but I feel I need to go above the scheduling manager this time because it's not my first issue with her.

I also go back to school on Monday. Wish me luck.

Please be careful in any smoke. We don't need you getting a crash or anything.  

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:35 am

That's cool about Luna and Noctis using a notebook to talk to each other. smile

As for the smoke, I have a lot of allergies. I would have a real hard time breathing where any of that smoke is. sad I feel for both you and Angel.

I've been in quite a few freakish storms in my time. One was a thunderstorm that I was driving through. Very heavy rain with thick fog and lighting bolts striking the ground in a few spots around me. I was very lucky that none hit my car.

In the same area I drove through a blizzard. Everything was turned white. I hoped that the car in front of me wouldn't go off the road because I would go right after it.

The scariest storm was an ice storm. The ice coated everything and in some spots it was almost 2 inches thick. I don't like my car being on ice.

Oh, on Monday their is going to be a Solar Eclipse. Angel will have the best chance to see the total eclipse. For me the sun will be only 80% covered. Back in 1979 I did see a total solar eclipse right here in Southeastern Michigan. I used a special filter to check it out. smile It was very cool!!  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:42 am
Life is Like a River

A river flows from one place to another. Taking with it memories of what has passed.

The cold clear waters of a river gives cleansing of the soul and can help take stress away.

Water of Life. Without it life would not exist. Treat it gently and help to keep it pure.

When waters journey ends the river joins a much larger community and becomes one with it.

Plants, animals, and even other of Gods creations need water to sustain life. Treat her with respect and the river of Life will flow gently through and with you.

Life is like a River. It takes you from one adventure to another.

Smithers456 (Ron)
An Original Poem - Aug 18th, 2017.

Note: Permission granted for all to share the Poem above.  

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200

KayaLing

Vice Captain

Interesting Gaian

13,540 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Angelic Alliance 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:19 pm
OnsenMark
JSYK: Otakon was AWESOME.

The convention center it was in is XBOX HUEG compared to Baltimore -- and the area has actual GROCERY STORES, so you're not at the mercy of fast food for every meal. Plus there are parks and the like close by. And Chinatown. And the convention center is on a Metro stop, so if you're coming in from Reagan National, or Union Station, you can get to the con easily.

I think it's going from August 10-12 next year, and they already announced Todd Haberkorn as a guest.

That's good to hear that Otakon was awesome! biggrin I know I have at least one American friend that goes to it. Maybe one day I'll be able to go?

That's awesome! I've met Todd last year at Otafest actually. I got him to sign a Haru (Free!) print. I even did my imitation of Happy's voice (Fairy Tail). He seemed to like my imitation. Aye Sir!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:23 pm
angelmage99
KayaLing

Now for an official date. My schedule next week looks pretty good, but on the flip side I didn't get any work hours. I'm going to talk to the store manager on Thursday about it, because it doesn't look like I'm fired or anything. I talked to the manager and my lead and they knew nothing which would be weird since all managers usually are on the same page. It's not the Store Manager that does the scheduling, but I feel I need to go above the scheduling manager this time because it's not my first issue with her.

I also go back to school on Monday. Wish me luck.

Please be careful in any smoke. We don't need you getting a crash or anything.

Can't wait to hear how your official date goes! And oh, dear~ D: Hopefully, you'll get more hours!

Ew. School. That's way too early to start. DX I return to school on September 5. Where has the summer gone? ;_;

Thanks! I did make it safe and sound to my home though! Smoke has cleared up again, but in certain areas of the city, the smell of it still lingers though.

KayaLing

Vice Captain

Interesting Gaian

13,540 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Angelic Alliance 100

KayaLing

Vice Captain

Interesting Gaian

13,540 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Angelic Alliance 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:30 pm
smithers456
KayaLing

That's cool about Luna and Noctis using a notebook to talk to each other. smile

As for the smoke, I have a lot of allergies. I would have a real hard time breathing where any of that smoke is. sad I feel for both you and Angel.

I've been in quite a few freakish storms in my time. One was a thunderstorm that I was driving through. Very heavy rain with thick fog and lighting bolts striking the ground in a few spots around me. I was very lucky that none hit my car.

In the same area I drove through a blizzard. Everything was turned white. I hoped that the car in front of me wouldn't go off the road because I would go right after it.

The scariest storm was an ice storm. The ice coated everything and in some spots it was almost 2 inches thick. I don't like my car being on ice.

Oh, on Monday their is going to be a Solar Eclipse. Angel will have the best chance to see the total eclipse. For me the sun will be only 80% covered. Back in 1979 I did see a total solar eclipse right here in Southeastern Michigan. I used a special filter to check it out. smile It was very cool!!

I love Luna and Noctis' relationship a lot. They're my top favorite FFXV ship actually!

Yeah, you wouldn't want to come up here anytime soon until fires are gone. D:

Oh, wow! That's pretty intriguing! Up here, we're pretty used to driving in very snowy weather though.

Yeah, I've heard about the Solar Eclipse. People kept coming into my work and asking for those special glasses. Weird thing is...we never carried those glasses at my work. o.o I think up here, I won't be able to see much coverage of the sun during the Solar Eclipse. :0

Btw, I love your poem that you had posted earlier. smile

Convention Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces