Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] Western Weyr
[PRP] Lamenting the Loss (C'yx and Sunny)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:04 am
Nightmares always plagued him now. He could remember being pressed to Iriseth's back, twisting and twining around the thread as they fought with the rest of the wing. He'd been singing under his breath, doing his best to try to keep his own spirits, and those of his dragon's. That was when he'd seen it, coming for Iriseth's neck. That was when the dragon had banked, and he had turned his head. That was when the burning score of thread had gotten a scream of pain and then his world had gone black. Well, red first, and then black. They'd flown swiftly back to the weyr...and since then, he had not dared to say an introduction to anyone.

Early morning, C'yx often took the time to reflect. He and Iriseth found a place in the open where his fingers could grace over the strings of his harp in his lap, a moment's peace against the nightmares in his mind. The blue kept his nose close to His' side, a reassurance that the Dragon was still there...especially now that C'yx had lost his vision. The memory tortured him, left him feeling like less of a person than he had been when they'd not been grounded. Even now, he was holding tightly to his harp, and leaning in to a warm hide, fighting the pain in his face, "...It'll be okay, Iriseth..."

DruidTigress

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:51 am
-_Wish of Tevarae_-

It was Altoth that informed her that her old friend might be up and about. She'd been checking in on him from time to time, wanting to give him his space, but worrying over his isolation since the accident too. When C'yx had been hurt, it just about broke her heart. But he was strong, strong as anyone she knew. Strong enough not to lose faith after standing for so many turns, strong enough to triumph when there were those who said he would fail. He would find his way back to happiness somehow. But that didn't mean she couldn't try to help him along the way..

Making her way down to where he was sitting, Sunny smiled gently to herself as she heard she heard him tease out a chord from his harp. Not saying anything, she swung the guitar that was on her back into her arms and played a complement chord. It was a game they used to play since they were young, silently accompanying each other as they played whatever came to mind.

Good morning, Iriseth. I hope we are not bothering you. Altoth spoke, for her.

DruidTigeress

Sparkly Genius

25,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Protector of Cuteness 150

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:58 am
DruidTigeress

The sound of a compliment chord rousted him from where he'd been curled against Iriseth's muzzle. His blind gaze moved in the direction of it, wondering if perhaps it was Sunny, the one that had been trying. Bless her, she wanted to comfort him. Instead of speaking, he strummed a standard progression in response, calloused fingers taking slow movements across the strings. It was clear that Iriseth was not much in a fair mood, his eyes whirling a yellow-green, with a touch of red, as he looked at Altoth, Altoth. His sad voice was pitched lower still as His missed a note and flinched. His poor C'yx... Mine would not call it a bother...but he is also still not well.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:16 pm
-_Wish of Tevarae_-

Smiling, Sunny slowly followed C'yx along as strummed out a standard chord progression, accompanying him. As they played, she started mixing in some flourishes and changing up the strumming pattern, building the music to a richer, fuller sound.

"Opps! I think I messed you up there." she laughed when she heard one of the notes not quite strike the right chord. She sat down next to her friend with her guitar in her lap, close enough that their knees were touching. A gentle touch, casual and seemingly careless. She'd let him pull away if he wanted to, but the desire to be close to him was too great. It was all she could do not to drape her arms over his back or put her head in his lap like they used to.

Perhaps one of the most honest and, strangely, virtuous things about these visits was that she wasn't just here out of sympathy, she was here out of selfishness. The need to see her friend again drove her here. Even if it was just in little touches and quiet chords. It would sustain her until he found himself again.. "They all miss you down in the mess hall." she said softly, starting to pluck out a slow tune on her guitar, one note at a time. "You should come sing for us again sometime."

I am sorry to hear that, Iriseth. Altoth said, crooning sympathy. My Salva worries for Yours nearly all the time. Is there anything we can do that would help you?

DruidTigeress

Sparkly Genius

25,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:02 am
DruidTigeress

"It was not you, Sunny....I simply have some struggle keeping up nowadays." His answer was heavy, but the feeling of her knee touching his....it was nice, feeling his friend so close. He'd not let her this close in some time. To some, how close he was to her might be odd. To him, they were the dearest of friends, and that was important...or had been. Losing his sight had been a huge blow to C'yx's confidence, and his heart still hurt when he opened his lids and saw nothing but darkness. "Sing?" She wanted him to sing again? His voice, true, was lovely, but how could he sing when his heart was not behind it? He knew well that Iriseth's hide was dulling, that his dragon's eyes were gray. Zephyr, his flit, chittered her worry to him all the time.

The Blue moved to nuzzle his, carefully, "I can not sing for anyone, my friend. You know well that I do not sound like I used to, and no one wants to hear my songs any more." That was what he thought, an honest truth that he didn't dare share the depth of with her. Iriseth crooned lowly, eyes whirling between yellow and white, I wish I knew how. Your Salva's presence helps, though I do sometimes wish Mine's heart would return from his trade. He adores yours though. She is important to him, but he feels he is useless since the threadfall...He regrets that I am Grounded.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:02 am
-_Wish of Tevarae_-

I am sorry you are grounded. Altoth said, his heart aching for his friend. I wish I knew the way to help him too. Time is said to help. I hope very much that it does. But either way, we will always be here. For him and for you.

"Happy songs are important." she said with a small smile. "They lift people's spirits and let them forget about their troubles for a while. But sad songs are important too. They give a voice to the suffering in the world. They make people feel like they're not alone. So don't say no one wants to hear you sing. Because I know at least one person who does."

She reached across his lap, taking his hand and squeezing it gently. She wasn't a mind healer. She didn't know the right thing to say to her friend to make him feel better... Maybe it would be better not to speak at all. But there was so much she wanted to say to him, so much she wanted him to know, that she couldn't just say nothing. "Tell me you don't still love music. Tell me you don't feel the same way about Iriseth now as you did the first time you heard his voice. Tell me there's no hope for joy left in your life.. and I'll tell you you're lying."

"It hurts. I know it hurts. But where there's life, there's love, and the potential for so much happiness. I don't want to take away from what you've lost.. You have every right to feel the way you do. But you have a future that isn't defined by how you feel now.." Her hand loosened over his, and slipped away. "I just wanted you to know that."

DruidTigeress

Sparkly Genius

25,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
[IC RP] Western Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items