Welcome to Gaia! ::

THE RANDOM PEOPLE OF TOMORROW [[LET'S RAWRRR]]

Back to Guilds

Playground for the random. 

Tags: Random, Hangout, Roleplay, Contests, Arts 

Reply Randomness is a Virtue!
PEOPLE of the Random Kingdom: 26 Reasons why YOU should POST Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are you going to POST? :)
  YOU KNOW I WILL!
  Nah, dude. Nah.
  We shall see said the bumble bee :)
  I'm obliged to.
  Let's see what other people do. Then I'll decide.
  Yes, I like posting.
View Results

Blind Blindness
Captain

5,075 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Informer 100
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:08 am
Well, I know that I post:

A. Because I can
B. Because it's the weekend
C. Because I am procrastinating from doing an assignment for my class
D. Because it's my duty
E. Because it serves historical precedence
F. Because I like you all
G. Because it promotes guild activity
H. Because socializing is good for you
I. Because there is no "WE" in Guild without an "I"
J. Because I have computer access, and I might as well utilize it via social media
K. Because you never know what one post will bring (e.g.friendship)
L. Because the more active we are, the more people will come out of the woods
M. Because it increases our guild posting count (LIKE, FAR OUT)
N. Because it shows we are friendly and welcoming people
O. Because it advocates for our guild by demonstrating commitment
P. Because new ideas are formed from old ones, like previous posts
Q. Because it's taking a step out of our comfort zone (e.g. shyness)
R. Because research demonstrates that socialization and relaxation promotes mental health
S. Because creativity is enhanced when people socialize, try new things, or have a good time
T. Because who doesn't want some cuteness and laughter in their life?
U. Because who doesn't want to break the mold?
V. Because there is so much to talk about in this guild (Look at our subs!)
W. Because it helps out the Gaia Community
X. Because you should know there are always people here who want to help you feel comfortable in getting accustomed to this place.
Y. Because who doesn't want to be a part of a community and family who cares about them?
Z. Because everyone is happier when everyone is together....or, by themselves posting, whichever works for you. heart  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:14 pm
*drops a vote on the poll* >>;
I feel like your new avi might cut me...
But you wouldn't hurt a cute kitten like me, right? emotion_kirakira
In other news, my current crochet project is an amigurumi dragon that I'm patterning myself (and patterning is, well, kinda hard, even with all my experience in amigurumi).
I have about half of the whole done. (Head, body, and feet, that is, with arms, wings, and tail yet to go.)
I wanna show you guys when I finish it, but I'm not certain how long it will take yet. =w=;

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

Blind Blindness
Captain

5,075 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Informer 100
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:15 pm
Queen Spazzy
*drops a vote on the poll* >>;
I feel like your new avi might cut me...
But you wouldn't hurt a cute kitten like me, right? emotion_kirakira
In other news, my current crochet project is an amigurumi dragon that I'm patterning myself (and patterning is, well, kinda hard, even with all my experience in amigurumi).
I have about half of the whole done. (Head, body, and feet, that is, with arms, wings, and tail yet to go.)
I wanna show you guys when I finish it, but I'm not certain how long it will take yet. =w=;

Aww, no. Of course not. I am a lover, not a fighter.

Yes, show us when you have finished. Really, with ANY of your creations.

I must say I like the color combination of my new avatar >> Kind of a different color scheme from the usual  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:03 pm
Blind Blindness

I must say I like the color combination of my new avatar >> Kind of a different color scheme from the usual

So like my D&D character, a bard that knows lots of healing and support spells but can't attack worth a damn. I spend all my time hiding behind the rest of the party ("You are all my meat shields!" I cry as I cower behind them and try to find the best, out of the way place where I can still be in healing range of everyone.), I am very squishy and am often destroyed in one hit by anything that gets close enough to take a swing at me. >>;
Our power was out for quite a few hours today, so I actually made some decent progress on the dragon since I had little else to do. He has arms now! And I've got all his pieces pinned together, I think I'll sew everything on before I make the rest of his pieces, I feel it'll be easier to gauge if things are the right size and shape that way instead of having to pin everything together every time I want to check.
I haven't made a whole lot since Christmas last, really, at least nothing that I've taken photos of. There were a couple of things I think I mentioned making for my mom, egg aprons, I finished those some time ago. Used the scraps from that project to make a toy for my cats, a little stuffed rattie (tailless, because my boys like to chew loose string, and I don't want them swallowing anything if I can help it), which they both love to bits; I'll have to make another if I decide I want to put photos up of it, the one I gave them is looking rather fuzzy now, though still holding together well despite being very well loved.
Not sure what I'll be doing after the dragon, I think I'm going to have an extra skein of dragon yarn in the end (bought more than I needed just in case, didn't want to get halfway through and need more but be unable to find the right dye lot), I'll have to figure out something to do with it, maybe make a second dragon to give to one of our friends or something...
I've gotten a bunch of new items and should get around to changing my avi, myself... It just takes me so much time. =w=;
Like, I've seriously gotten halfway through and had to log back in because I took so long on the first half. >>;
I like the way orange and purple look together, too bad most people consider it more of a Halloween color combo than anything.

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

Blind Blindness
Captain

5,075 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Informer 100
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:13 am
Queen Spazzy
Blind Blindness

So like my D&D character, a bard that knows lots of healing and support spells but can't attack worth a damn. I spend all my time hiding behind the rest of the party ("You are all my meat shields!" I cry as I cower behind them and try to find the best, out of the way place where I can still be in healing range of everyone.), I am very squishy and am often destroyed in one hit by anything that gets close enough to take a swing at me. >>;
Our power was out for quite a few hours today, so I actually made some decent progress on the dragon since I had little else to do. He has arms now! And I've got all his pieces pinned together, I think I'll sew everything on before I make the rest of his pieces, I feel it'll be easier to gauge if things are the right size and shape that way instead of having to pin everything together every time I want to check.
I haven't made a whole lot since Christmas last, really, at least nothing that I've taken photos of. There were a couple of things I think I mentioned making for my mom, egg aprons, I finished those some time ago. Used the scraps from that project to make a toy for my cats, a little stuffed rattie (tailless, because my boys like to chew loose string, and I don't want them swallowing anything if I can help it), which they both love to bits; I'll have to make another if I decide I want to put photos up of it, the one I gave them is looking rather fuzzy now, though still holding together well despite being very well loved.
Not sure what I'll be doing after the dragon, I think I'm going to have an extra skein of dragon yarn in the end (bought more than I needed just in case, didn't want to get halfway through and need more but be unable to find the right dye lot), I'll have to figure out something to do with it, maybe make a second dragon to give to one of our friends or something...
I've gotten a bunch of new items and should get around to changing my avi, myself... It just takes me so much time. =w=;
Like, I've seriously gotten halfway through and had to log back in because I took so long on the first half. >>;
I like the way orange and purple look together, too bad most people consider it more of a Halloween color combo than anything.

To be honest, I'm kind of getting a little tired of my avatar, but that's more I think a symptom of what's happening in my life. My dad was released from the hospital on Thursday, so that's good. We had orientation at my work, in which we welcomed the new students...and I had a midterm and final. And now that all that is done, I'm like, "Wait, what do I do with myself now?" I know one thing...I have to read two chapters this weekend lol. But aside from that, I'm like "Well, first stop has to be the guild, since Brandy took the time to post a nice long response. PLUS, it's the weekend, which is letter B. on my first post.

I think it's cool how you have all these art projects and create something for your animals, even if it's sporadic or takes a long time. You're so innovative. Please do show photos when you can.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:37 am
Blind Blindness
To be honest, I'm kind of getting a little tired of my avatar, but that's more I think a symptom of what's happening in my life. My dad was released from the hospital on Thursday, so that's good. We had orientation at my work, in which we welcomed the new students...and I had a midterm and final. And now that all that is done, I'm like, "Wait, what do I do with myself now?" I know one thing...I have to read two chapters this weekend lol. But aside from that, I'm like "Well, first stop has to be the guild, since Brandy took the time to post a nice long response. PLUS, it's the weekend, which is letter B. on my first post.

I think it's cool how you have all these art projects and create something for your animals, even if it's sporadic or takes a long time. You're so innovative. Please do show photos when you can.

I did finally manage to change mine, as you can see, haha~
Glad to hear your dad is doing well enough to be released! I hope he recovers quickly, whatever is ailing him!
Heehee, glad you stopped by, though~ Sometimes I feel like I write way too much for my posts and people will be like "Ehhh, tl;dr." >>;
I'm really glad you think so! I worry a lot that it's a silly hobby even though so many people think it's really cool. I'm such a worrier. ^^;
I have the base body done and sewn together now for the dragon! I'll try and remember to take a good WIP picture later when the sun is up and there's more light in my apartment. I'm pretty happy with what I've got so far, and my beau seems to like it, too, so I think it's a win thus far!

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

Princess Zelda21

Silent Healer

36,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Noble Shade 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:18 pm
Queen Spazzy

Your animal avi is cute Spazzy! How goes your day? I'm just experimenting with outfits for this character. ^_^*  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:47 am
Princess Zelda21
Your animal avi is cute Spazzy! How goes your day? I'm just experimenting with outfits for this character. ^_^*

Oh, thank you! It took me half an age to put together (I own too many items), so it makes me really happy to hear you like it~
My day is pretty good! Yesterday was, especially, I was finally able to move on in the latest FFXIV expansion after they choked the number of people that could get through certain scenarios which had me locked out of content for three whole days, but I'm past it now, yayy!!
(Unfortunately, just in time for official release to probably break everything tomorrow, but I still have today to try to get through stuff, at least, and I'm really looking forward to playing more, haha~)
How about you, everything going well on your end, I hope?
I really like your current outfit! Reminds me of the Gerudo, it's so pretty~

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

Princess Zelda21

Silent Healer

36,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Noble Shade 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:13 pm
Queen Spazzy
Princess Zelda21

Oh, thank you! It took me half an age to put together (I own too many items), so it makes me really happy to hear you like it~
My day is pretty good! Yesterday was, especially, I was finally able to move on in the latest FFXIV expansion after they choked the number of people that could get through certain scenarios which had me locked out of content for three whole days, but I'm past it now, yayy!!
(Unfortunately, just in time for official release to probably break everything tomorrow, but I still have today to try to get through stuff, at least, and I'm really looking forward to playing more, haha~)
How about you, everything going well on your end, I hope?
I really like your current outfit! Reminds me of the Gerudo, it's so pretty~

Cool! Yes, all is well! This character's outfit was kinda thrown together at random. It's supposed to be an alternative for when she visits a village containing a tribe of all women in an RP I'm doing in my own guild. She's a princess to be more specific. Wasn't sure what else would work for a desert outfit. ^_^*  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:48 pm
Queen Spazzy
Blind Blindness

I did finally manage to change mine, as you can see, haha~
Glad to hear your dad is doing well enough to be released! I hope he recovers quickly, whatever is ailing him!
Heehee, glad you stopped by, though~ Sometimes I feel like I write way too much for my posts and people will be like "Ehhh, tl;dr." >>;
I'm really glad you think so! I worry a lot that it's a silly hobby even though so many people think it's really cool. I'm such a worrier. ^^;
I have the base body done and sewn together now for the dragon! I'll try and remember to take a good WIP picture later when the sun is up and there's more light in my apartment. I'm pretty happy with what I've got so far, and my beau seems to like it, too, so I think it's a win thus far!

Yeah, I see that! It's cute and very pre-candy like in the right way! You followed in my changing footsteps. Was I your motivation?

If it's tl;dr, I'll just stop by later and be like TS;MR...because no text of yours is too long...Ooo

My dad actually went to the hospital again! On Monday and he got back home today. I got a call from my mom at work saying the urgent care thought he might be having a pulmonary embolism, that an ambulance was called and to come home right away. One of the scary moments in my life. It turns out his severe anemia and excess fluid in his body (he is a dialysis patient, so if they do not remove enough fluid, it causes weight gain, swelling, and other symptoms) was contributing to his significant pain and shortness of breath. He was having chest tightening, so they were concerned in the E.R. about a heart attack, but he was not having one. He got a lot of blood pumped into him and as well probably received better dialysis on Monday (since they were aware of the need to take more fluid out of him), so now he's feeling better. Although...he's still recovering, and you know, who knows with him but at least he is out of the hospital and we know it was nothing imminently life threatening.

Don't worry about your hobbies. People have way more bizarre hobbies than that (e.g. dead people) And yes, please do show a picture when you have the chance.  

Blind Blindness
Captain

5,075 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Informer 100
  • Market Browser 100

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:50 am
Blind Blindness
Yeah, I see that! It's cute and very pre-candy like in the right way! You followed in my changing footsteps. Was I your motivation?

If it's tl;dr, I'll just stop by later and be like TS;MR...because no text of yours is too long...Ooo

My dad actually went to the hospital again! On Monday and he got back home today. I got a call from my mom at work saying the urgent care thought he might be having a pulmonary embolism, that an ambulance was called and to come home right away. One of the scary moments in my life. It turns out his severe anemia and excess fluid in his body (he is a dialysis patient, so if they do not remove enough fluid, it causes weight gain, swelling, and other symptoms) was contributing to his significant pain and shortness of breath. He was having chest tightening, so they were concerned in the E.R. about a heart attack, but he was not having one. He got a lot of blood pumped into him and as well probably received better dialysis on Monday (since they were aware of the need to take more fluid out of him), so now he's feeling better. Although...he's still recovering, and you know, who knows with him but at least he is out of the hospital and we know it was nothing imminently life threatening.

Don't worry about your hobbies. People have way more bizarre hobbies than that (e.g. dead people) And yes, please do show a picture when you have the chance.

It was part having mentioned needing to change to you, and part the fact that I went and bought a few new items (cheap stuff from the golden catch thingie). >>; I'm wearing one of them, even, a recolor of another item I adore, Fluffy Stars (I can't remember the color of the one I'm wearing just now, though).
Heehee, I'm glad you think so, it makes me stupidly happy to hear someone wants to read what I write.
Oh dear, sorry all of that is going on, but I'm glad it wasn't quite as bad as they had thought it would be, and glad he's feeling better now, I hope it stays that way for a while!
Meanwhile, my mum texted me yesterday to tell me she dislocated her wrist and has to have surgery on it. She had thought I might already be in our hometown and available to go up to help her out (and I totally would have done it in a heartbeat if I were!), I offered to get my beau to drive me down and help her out anyway, but she told me no. Hopefully she will actually ask me if she needs my help later like I asked her to do, because I will work something out to get back home to her if it comes down to it. Life gets complicated sometimes now that we don't live so close to our parents. ;w;
Ahah, see, when I think about "dead people as a hobby," I don't really consider it weird or anything because I'm just kinda like "Well, someone has to run the funeral homes and crematoriums and perform autopsies." Though, admittedly, handicrafts are much more mundane in comparison. cat_razz
I got some photos! Two, to be exact, you should be able to view them over here; they're not the best photos, but since this is just a WIP, I didn't feel the need to retake the slightly fuzzy side shot. >>;
(Someday I will figure out the cord the camera I got from my mom needs and take photos with an actual camera instead of just my phone, really, I swear. [Although I think my phone's camera is technically higher quality than the digital camera...])

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:49 pm
Queen Spazzy
Blind Blindness

It was part having mentioned needing to change to you, and part the fact that I went and bought a few new items (cheap stuff from the golden catch thingie). >>; I'm wearing one of them, even, a recolor of another item I adore, Fluffy Stars (I can't remember the color of the one I'm wearing just now, though).
Heehee, I'm glad you think so, it makes me stupidly happy to hear someone wants to read what I write.
Oh dear, sorry all of that is going on, but I'm glad it wasn't quite as bad as they had thought it would be, and glad he's feeling better now, I hope it stays that way for a while!
Meanwhile, my mum texted me yesterday to tell me she dislocated her wrist and has to have surgery on it. She had thought I might already be in our hometown and available to go up to help her out (and I totally would have done it in a heartbeat if I were!), I offered to get my beau to drive me down and help her out anyway, but she told me no. Hopefully she will actually ask me if she needs my help later like I asked her to do, because I will work something out to get back home to her if it comes down to it. Life gets complicated sometimes now that we don't live so close to our parents. ;w;
Ahah, see, when I think about "dead people as a hobby," I don't really consider it weird or anything because I'm just kinda like "Well, someone has to run the funeral homes and crematoriums and perform autopsies." Though, admittedly, handicrafts are much more mundane in comparison. cat_razz
I got some photos! Two, to be exact, you should be able to view them over here; they're not the best photos, but since this is just a WIP, I didn't feel the need to retake the slightly fuzzy side shot. >>;
(Someday I will figure out the cord the camera I got from my mom needs and take photos with an actual camera instead of just my phone, really, I swear. [Although I think my phone's camera is technically higher quality than the digital camera...])

Well, it's really pretty and cute. If I had an animal avatar base, that is a good model of what I would not mind it looking like.

Sorry for the late reply! I have been really busy with school, and then I forgot. I'm sorry your mom dislocated her wrist. I have always lived at my parents house, so if my mom needs me to take her to the hospital (she gets panic attacks when driving any kind of long distance), I take us to see my dad. She, of course, never goes to the hospital, except like in your mom's case, if she breaks a bone, which she has not done in a long time (she actually broke her wrist some 15 odd years ago).
And thank you. Yes, my dad is doing better now a week and a half out from the hospital. It was a bit scary there for a while, and he's still not out of the woods, but he's okay for now.

That's true. Well, one of my friends like really gory things such as bodily mutilation. She had never told anyone before besides me and her boyfriend. I wasn't that shocked. People have different interests. Although it was the first time in a while I had heard of such an interest.

Don't worry about the picture quality. I saw the pictures okay. I actually thought it was a teddy bear xd , but I like it.  

Blind Blindness
Captain

5,075 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Informer 100
  • Market Browser 100

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:34 am
Blind Blindness
Well, it's really pretty and cute. If I had an animal avatar base, that is a good model of what I would not mind it looking like.

Sorry for the late reply! I have been really busy with school, and then I forgot. I'm sorry your mom dislocated her wrist. I have always lived at my parents house, so if my mom needs me to take her to the hospital (she gets panic attacks when driving any kind of long distance), I take us to see my dad. She, of course, never goes to the hospital, except like in your mom's case, if she breaks a bone, which she has not done in a long time (she actually broke her wrist some 15 odd years ago).
And thank you. Yes, my dad is doing better now a week and a half out from the hospital. It was a bit scary there for a while, and he's still not out of the woods, but he's okay for now.

That's true. Well, one of my friends like really gory things such as bodily mutilation. She had never told anyone before besides me and her boyfriend. I wasn't that shocked. People have different interests. Although it was the first time in a while I had heard of such an interest.

Don't worry about the picture quality. I saw the pictures okay. I actually thought it was a teddy bear xd , but I like it.

It's free to switch between animal and human base (unlike switching between human base genders), so if you ever decide to switch, I can definitely throw some item suggestions your way, haha~
It's fine! I've been busy with the new FFXIV expansion coming out, anyway, and spend most of my time playing that. >>;
On top of dislocating it, a later scan showed a break that they hadn't seen before and she ended up having to have a plate put in.
I'm glad your dad is doing a bit better for the now, at least, I hope it can stay that way and that he can improve!
Gory stuff doesn't exactly bother me, but I'm also not exactly into it, but it certainly wouldn't bother me to find out someone I know was into it. I mean, like, some people like horror movies, some people like comedies, it's just that kind of mundane difference in my mind even though I suppose some people think more seriously of such things.
Yeah, without his tail and wings and little head frills, he doesn't really look like a dragon. I'd just have to pop some little ears on his head and this would make a decent bear plush base, haha~
Part of the magic of amigurumi, I suppose, you can take things from other patterns to use for something completely different. Like, the feet of my dragon are based off another pattern I've used before to make an ewok, and his body is loosely based on the remembered pattern and shape I used for some Doctor Who dolls I've made before.
I've got his tail done and pinned on, the last piece that will need any stuffing, I think, I just have to sew it on and then move on to figuring out the hard parts because I've no experience with crocheting, like, added ruffles (his head frills), and the only wings I've made before now were for a Rainbow Dash pony doll, which aren't even remotely the right shape, so I get to figure this all out as I go because while I know of a pattern I could probably look up for the wings (I've seen in my browsing through other patterns that of a Toothless the dragon doll whose wings would probably make a good example), I feel I need the experience creating my own patterns; I can always come back to it later if I can't manage to figure it out, anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:31 pm
Queen Spazzy
Blind Blindness

It's free to switch between animal and human base (unlike switching between human base genders), so if you ever decide to switch, I can definitely throw some item suggestions your way, haha~
It's fine! I've been busy with the new FFXIV expansion coming out, anyway, and spend most of my time playing that. >>;
On top of dislocating it, a later scan showed a break that they hadn't seen before and she ended up having to have a plate put in.
I'm glad your dad is doing a bit better for the now, at least, I hope it can stay that way and that he can improve!
Gory stuff doesn't exactly bother me, but I'm also not exactly into it, but it certainly wouldn't bother me to find out someone I know was into it. I mean, like, some people like horror movies, some people like comedies, it's just that kind of mundane difference in my mind even though I suppose some people think more seriously of such things.
Yeah, without his tail and wings and little head frills, he doesn't really look like a dragon. I'd just have to pop some little ears on his head and this would make a decent bear plush base, haha~
Part of the magic of amigurumi, I suppose, you can take things from other patterns to use for something completely different. Like, the feet of my dragon are based off another pattern I've used before to make an ewok, and his body is loosely based on the remembered pattern and shape I used for some Doctor Who dolls I've made before.
I've got his tail done and pinned on, the last piece that will need any stuffing, I think, I just have to sew it on and then move on to figuring out the hard parts because I've no experience with crocheting, like, added ruffles (his head frills), and the only wings I've made before now were for a Rainbow Dash pony doll, which aren't even remotely the right shape, so I get to figure this all out as I go because while I know of a pattern I could probably look up for the wings (I've seen in my browsing through other patterns that of a Toothless the dragon doll whose wings would probably make a good example), I feel I need the experience creating my own patterns; I can always come back to it later if I can't manage to figure it out, anyway.

Well, someone got into my photobucket account, or it was deleted....so nice. I was going to send you a picture, but no luck now.

Yeah, it does seem mundane.

I want to see pictures when it's done. That's an interesting explanation about everything.

Blind Blindness
Captain

5,075 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Informer 100
  • Market Browser 100
Randomness is a Virtue!

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers