Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[PRP] So, that happened...(Luiciand and Caderyn)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:08 pm
Luiciand had just finished up a bath after the touching. Getting rid of the sand that was clinging to his body and indulging in the therapeutic qualities of water had helped a lot with his mood. It had been haywire after touching the Empress Egg and coming down off the adrenaline high that had created. Now he was looking for someone. The other someone that seemed to have been the other main force driving the chaos that had been the touching. He wasn’t sure where to find him. He had tried all the main gathering areas already. Luiciand had not expected Caderyn to be there but it was worth ruling out. He had also used that search to get a better idea of what others had seen and experienced.

Really, they had both caused a lot of drama, but Luiciand was concerned about Caderyn’s emotional state more than anything else. He could not imagine what it must be like in Caderyn’s head. To become so enthralled by an egg that the others scorned you. And then to have an egg actually move away and potentially harm itself… that was not an easy thing to deal with.

BastetAmun
Sorry it is vague. I didn't want to assume anything about where Caderyn might be.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:27 pm
The touching had taken quiet a lot out of Caderyn, more then some of the others he had been in. He wondered if that showed something of what the hatchlings were going to be like once they hatched. Even with those thoughts he still wanted, or rather hoped to be lucky enough, to Impress. But right now, Caderyn wanted to hide away. He had gone straight to his room once it was over, by passing going to bath like many of the others, sitting on his bed with Myrddin in his lap. Though once Dorianus and their other roommates returned, he quickly vacated.

Myrddin was curled around his shoulders, hoping to help calm the boy down but it wasn't working that well. Caderyn was very happy with the company of his firelizard, company of a creature or being who wasn't going to actually speak to him or ask him questions about what happened. So Caderyn had finally moved to take a bath and then he found a quiet place to sit down and try to go over everything that had happened.

Truly the one thing the bothered him the most was the fact that one of the eggs had despised him so much and moved away from him. It had wanted to get away from him so much that it didn't' care about what might have happened. He hoped the dragonnets in both of the eggs were safe, he didn't know what he would do if one ended up being hurt. The very thought made him sick to his stomach. Myrddin nipped Caderyn's finger, trying to drag him out of his mind, but it didn't seem to be working.

The sight of a figure moving by caught Myrddin's eye and he lighted from Caderyn's shoulder. He moved to Luiciand, whirling around the boy before trying to push him towards where Caderyn was. It was clear that another person needed to snap him out of it.

faesinger
Hope Myrddin guiding Luiciand is ok. ^^

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:13 pm
It was starting to get late, and Luiciand was not going to give up even if it got dark, when a firelizard came rushing up and flitted about him. The firelizard clearly wanted him to go somewhere urgently, and so even though he knew he needed to find the other boy, he followed the firelizard. It was rare behavior for them and was a little concerned.

“Yes, all right. I’m coming.” He told it, allowing himself to be herded along until he caught sight of Caderyn. “Is that where I am to go little one? Because that was exactly who I was looking for.” Luicand grew quiet as he approached the brooding boy.

Luiciand gently sat down next to Caderyn and looked out at the scenery. It was a technique that had been used on him before and he thought it might help the other boy. Let Caderyn start the conversation and the direction it would take at first.

BastetAmun

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:36 pm
Myrddin let out a happy screech when Luiciand decided to follow him with out much pushing. The fact he had been looking for Caderyn also made him happy and once they were back over by him, Myrddin coiled up happily in Caderyn's lap.

The feeling of someone sitting down next to him made Caderyn lift his head, coming out from his thoughts. He paused some, he had knew Luiciand of course, they were both candidate's and Caderyn wondered why he was here. "Come to ask about what happened during the touching?" Some of the other candidate's had tried to ask him about it, but lucky for Caderyn, Dorianus had made them leave him alone. The other boy wasn't here at the moment so Caderyn figured he could either just answer and tell Luiciand what happened or just tell him to shove off.

He honestly felt like he didn't have the energy for either.

faesinger

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:15 pm
He could hear the weariness in the other boy’s voice. Luiciand understood some of it. The day had been exhausting. Rather than answer the question, for he had come to talk about the touching but believed that Caderyn would tell him to shove it, Luiciand looked up at the sky. It was dusk and the rays of sun were making the sky brilliant shades of orange and pink among the clouds. “Have you ever been on dragonback? Up there in the clouds.” He gestured above his head, waving his hand back and forth. “ It is interesting. Everything around you is white and cold. Almost like being in very fine snow. It is remarkably peaceful too.”

Looking back down, Luiciand offered a hand to Myrddin to see if he wanted to be scratched. “One day, we will be able to go there on our own. When we want to without anyone but our own dragons.”

BastetAmun

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:09 pm
What Luiciand ended up saying was not what Caderyn had expected and he turned his head to stare at him some. He probably knew that Luiciand was trying to dodge from asking about the hatching and what had happened but, Caderyn was kind of glad about that. At least this way, if he wanted to speak about it he could do it on his own terms without prying questions flying at him. His eyes moved to look up at the sky, watching it. "I have been on dragon back. My father has taken me once or twice and my mother did it quite a lot when I was little." He had enjoyed those times, holding onto his mother and father, pressed up against their back or in front of them, seeing the world from the clouds. He couldn't lie that it was one of the reasons he had wanted to Impress before the return of Thread, now though, there was a bigger reason.

Myrddin cooed at Luiciand when he offered a hand to him and he nuzzled his head against it. "It's one of the things that constantly keeps me from getting sad when I don't Impress." Caderyn paused some before speaking again. "What happened at the touching, this clutch is...very active. It makes me wonder if I even want to Impress one of these." Of course he wanted to though, deep down, even if the dragonnet ended up being a handful.

faesinger

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers