Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
A Divine Morning: The Tarot Clutch Hatching is Open! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 24 25 26 27 28 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Teiha

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:45 pm
Lucayr gave a whoop and threw his hat into the air when the Empress finally found her bondmate. It was Alusia’s daughter. Both of her children had managed to Impress. How proud she must be! He turned to his companion. “Emori, did you s--”

But she wasn’t there. Tikth? Ask Inannath where Emori went, would you?

She says Emori told you to mind your own business. A pause. Your response?

Never mind. Obviously, nothing was wrong, or Inannath would have told them so. She’ll be so disappointed that she missed the gold’s Impression...

--------

Karone may as well have been alone on the sands after that brown hatchling had come. Numbly, he watched the green Moon go to her chosen. That was his last chance. It was over. His eyes shone with unshed tears, and anyone standing close enough might have seen the trembling of his clenched fists.

A flash of gold drew his attention to where the Empress was making her own bond. He realized that the object of his chivalrous affections had left herself for last, for the sake of seeing her siblings safely Impressed.

Had he somehow put himself last, giving up his own chances at Impression for Lenix’s sake? Or was he just reaching for any excuse to not feel so terrible?

What I’m trying to say is, I believe in you, he’d told her when he touched her golden egg. Karone hoped that, somewhere out there, someone was also believing in him.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:58 pm
Unlike some of the other candidates who were upset about not having impressed, Dorianus didn't seem that worried about it. Yes, it would be amazing to find a dragon that was his, to become a rider, but it wasn't the end of the world if he didn't. His eyes scanned the crowd, finding that Faren had found a friend to be with and his eyes then moved to a boy who seemed to be having a harder time.

His long legs carried him towards Karone and he stopped beside him, his eyes looking out over the sands and the broken shells. "It will sting." Was this the best way to start this? He didn't know but he was going to try his best to help him. "Not impressing yet isn't the end of the world. You have a lot of time before you have to worry about what to do if it doesn't happen." He raised an arm, rubbing the back of his head where his hair was pulled back. "I'm sorry...I'm not very good at this..." He tried to smile at him. "If you wish to accompany me to the feast, I won't mine."

Teiha
Dorianus wants to help!

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100

Teiha

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:12 pm
BastetAmun
Aww! heart Kar sure could use the boost!

With a slight startle, Karone blinked back the tears that had almost made it out. He couldn’t help but flash a somewhat abashed smile. “Are you sure you want to be seen with a hypocrite?” Releasing a burst of frustrated energy, Kar shook his head and raked his fingers through his hair, dusting out all the sand one of the blue dragonets had splashed there before. “Only a few minutes ago, I was giving the same speech to Len. And now I’m the one without a dragon.” He smiled again, glad for the distraction from his circumstances. “I appreciate the offer, friend. My name’s Karone. Call me Kar, if you like.”  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:15 pm
V'tre

The more time passed, the less distressed Vitre had begun to feel. He was still treading water in the deep end of the proverbial pool, but he was pretty sure he saw a boat paddling his direction. Thanoth's constant affection was helping too. He'd felt shardingly alone when he realized all he'd left behind—literally everyone and everything he'd ever known—but he wasn't, not really. He had her, and she was perfect. Honestly, he hadn't even noticed before, the shock of impression had been too all-consuming. Look at her tiny claws, so small but perfect! And the radiant color of dark green over her hide. The markings that demanded attention, so dramatic but strong for such a sleek, graceful thing. He was in love, or as close as he'd ever come to being.

"You guys sure are nice about all this," His grin was much wider now, almost back to its full blinding wattage. "Honest I've just got no idea what I'm doing. I mean. I know I'm feeding her, and that she's still hungry—oops!" He'd nicked himself just slightly, and he set the knife down to pop the offended digit into his mouth, grimacing slightly at the herdbeast blood also there that he'd not really stopped to think about. His other hand, the left one, immediately took up the task of passing the little nuggets of meat to Thanoth, though his p***k of pain had distracted her. With eyes a curious bright green, she stepped up with her front claws on V'tre's knees, neck looping to angle her snout barely an inch from his mouth. "It's alright, see? Here." He popped the finger back out to let her examine the shallow cut, barely notable at first until it began to bead red once more.

Our first battle scar! Just in the 'nick' of time, huh? That makes us what, third behind Elzebuth and Aresoth. Oh, and those girls my sisters got at, too. Still! Does it hurt just terribly?

"No, not really. I've done worse trying to twist wire and stuff back at the hold." He shrugged, and the green sank back onto her haunches, turning her head to sniff back at Lemath when she wandered over.

...I'm still hungry. Do you mind, Vitre? Or...well. You have to fix that, your name, don't you?

V'tre shrugged. He'd be, well, V'tre he supposed. Vitre couldn't get that much shorter. The bleeding of his finger had stopped, so back he went to work. "I guess I'm just glad to have her. I didn't really think I'd ever be anything but maybe a journeyman at my craft. I won't mind trying to learn all this if it's for her sake. She's perfect." That of course was just what every new rider must be thinking of their own hatchling. He took a breath, and his shoulders sagged slightly. And Thanoth bumped his hand again. And he slid her a bit more food, of course. "Uhm, R'am? And..." His brows furrowed as he realized he had never gotten the other's name. "And...you?" A half-amused curl of one corner of his mouth as he shrugged at R'gan. "Aside from feeding her...should I be doing anything?"

You're doing just fine V'tre. And I'm still hungry!

DruidTigeress

Peppermint Coffee

ShinosBee

Nerd

Dragon Berri

Shameless Tipper

21,000 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Sweet Diss, Sis 200
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:57 am
(super late sorry OTL )
Thaliawen
Druid Tigeress
Ristia

Ristia was all smiles as she watched Riagan - R'gan now, possibly? - with his dragon. A laugh bubbled out of her at Rissa's comment. "That's exactly what Naeth said!" She relaxed a little then, sitting back as she helped Tia block out the frightening parts. Now that her son had Impressed, she could watch everyone at her leisure.

Owara & Lial

Owara laughed softly and stroked her hand down the back of Trisa's hair. "It's alright, Daddy will let you see soon. Two of the baby dragons aren't being nice to each other," she said and smiled over at her weyrmate. She watched Riagan get acquainted with his dragon while keeping an eye on Rhey as well. She hoped he would find his, but at the same time she knew his soulmate might not be in this clutch. Suddenly, another blue dragon began to run - straight at Rhey!

"L'mul, look!" she said, her free hand gripping her weyrmate's arm half in fear and half in hope. Was that dragon Rhey's? Or was he about to get bowled over once again? Lial braced himself on his mother's hip, craning his neck so he could see.

Rhey

Rhey was certainly away from possible scuffles among the babies, his attention torn every time someone else Impressed or another egg hatched. His eyes fell on a dark blue hide picking his way through the candidates. "Beautiful," he murmured and smiled a little. He fully expected the dragonet to Impress to one the others, but then the blue was rushing straight for him!

He started to move out of the way when his eyes locked with rainbow ones and he heard a voice in his head. The dragonet's joke startled him out of his shock and he barked out a laugh even as he went to his knees to hug the blue's neck. "I'm pleased to 'meat' you too, Eleusith!" He could feel Eleusith's laughter in his mind, along with an undercurrent of hunger.

Let's get you something to eat, shall we? he said, stroking an adoring hand down the blue's neck as Eleusith crooned happily. Yes, please! Rhey chuckled softly as he led his darling to the tables with the other new Weyrlings. He vaguely realized that his chosen seat was near Riagan, but his attention was completely focused on his beloved Eleusith and making sure he got plenty to eat.

Andranis

Taysen

The young thief found his attention drawn time and again to the sands, watching the hatchlings meet the ones they would be bonded to for the rest of their lives. It was fascinating to him, but he had never fancied himself a rider. As the golden baby Impressed, Taysen thought it might be prudent to leave before he got caught.

But the habit was ingrained in him now and as he passed a man speaking with two candidates, the teen brushed against him and offered a muttered apology even as his fingers did their work.

Asheryn

Asheryn sighed, a hollow feeling in her chest as so many candidates Impressed...but not her. Not this time, at least. There would be more hatchings in her future, she wouldn't give up. And it wasn't like she wasn't happy for the newest Weyrlings, she was! So very happy her friends and acquaintances had found their bondmates.

But it didn't mean she couldn't feel at least a little bit sorry for herself, right? She left the sands with the rest of the candidates who hadn't Impressed this time, looking up as a sharp cry startled her. Imori! The pale green fire lizard landed on her shoulder and curled her tail around her neck, nuzzling against Asheryn's cheek. The girl reached up to stroke the flit's hide and gave her a small smile. "At least I've still got you, right my love?" she asked softly and pressed a kiss to Imori's side.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:59 am
Alander had taken to the sands along with all the other candidates, dressed up in his clean white robe, his hair for once tamed and tied back. Not for vanity, but so that it was one less thing to get tangled up in an over-excited dragonet. All throughout the mayhem as the young dragons hatched and several of them caused accidents, Alander did his best to stay out of their way while maintaining a calm manner. He ended up with a few scrapes as tails and wings went flying, catching him across one cheek and on the arm. Bu over all the youth kept himself in one piece.

Quietly he watched as dragons picked their partners, the eggs cracking and rapidly reducing in number. The fight between the Devil and the Emperor worried him but he stayed back and out of the way. A candidate, especially one as young as him, was no match for even a newly hatched dragon. When the last few dragonets picked out their bond partners, Alander did his best to hide his growing disappointment. Instead he aided those who had been caught in the ruckus, helping fallen candidates to their feet. However he didn't enter into conversation or consolation. A loner by nature, the young dark-haired boy simply placed himself to one side and awaited permission to leave, doing his best to keep his head up and his heart from aching. The latter an impossible task but at least he could hide his sorrow until he was alone.

(Ugh, so laaate. DX Sorry!)  

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:58 am
"No, no they can't," Nadry responded softly to R'gan, hands returning possessively to brush over his hide, skimming over snout ad headknobs and neckridges. Fingers curled reflexively, an instinct to grip and not let go answered by a reassuring thrum from Menankith, but she forced herself to return to the task of feeding her bondmate. She would have all the time in the world to hold him - well, not literally, one day he would be big, but she would have him for always. "And this is Menankith. It's nice to meet you both."

We will, the brown agreed with his blue brother, before his attention returned to His.

Then had proceeded a number of events, not least of which was Uridith delivering a green hatchling to the dragonhealer! Shards. Then more Impressions, more new Weyrlings entering the scene, but at some point she just mentally drifted away, anchored to Menankith but allowed by him to float, hazy in the aftermath of such depths of emotion followed by such heights. He could tell that she needed quiet, even if it was an artificial quiet of tuning out and losing track of time just for a little bit, and it wasn't until the very last of his siblings had Impressed and arrived that he called her back, gently climbing half into her lap even as his gaze went to Aresoth and the newly-arrived Zenobiath with suspicion. Yes, it was good that he and His had friends. They would need them.

DruidTigeress
just gonna go with Nadry zoned out because whoa hey so much. oo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:52 am
G'ran took a deep breath when he was given instructions, carefully and quietly relaying them to his beloved. Elzebuth held himself steady, patiently and almost imperiously arching his neck for the Healer. How could he not love the compliments he was receiving? It was good for Dristan to notice... and then it was all snatched up when he went and got himself Impressed! His rider was left staring in surprise... but, it was hardly as though he could fault the new Weyrling. His dragon came first... and G'ran was now left hopelessly praying that someone would come tend to his dragon's injuries.

So distracted by everything, the rest of the Hatching seemed to pass by in a blur. Before he realized it, the little gold had Impressed, and things were coming to a close.

That whirling red eye of Zenobiath was met with a green and blue-eyed stare of amusement, and Elzebuth all but sneered at the Queen and her bronze. I will claim any station I please. I deserve all of it and more. As do any of my Chromatic siblings, do we not? He asked the surrounding browns, blues, and greens innocently, but G'ran knew he was attempting to rally them to his side.

With a grunt, he gently tugged on one of the knobs on the brown's head. "Enough," He said sternly. "This is a happy day. You aren't going to spoil it with more fighting." He glanced to Alumet and C'ryn apologetically, giving them each a nod.

We deserve it all, Mine, no matter who tells us otherwise. The brown told him privately, but dropped the matter in order to search for his green siblings. They had much better taste!

Aurinkoth snatched his attention at ince, his eyes whirling with his thoughts. Fluttery? Does she think she can fly? I am not certain, brother. I shall find out for you later, yes? He offered sweetly, already certain he would use this information somehow!  

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:04 am
I am not certain, brother, if she thinks she can fly or not. It is a hard feeling to describe. Fondness? It was mostly a guess. A guess made based on a lack of understanding of human affections towards each other. Certainly, Aurinkoth knew fondness - he knew that feeling above and beyond in the world for the young woman that was his. He adored her like no other and he knew that she would never adore anything the way she would and did love him.

But it wasn't the same thing.

If fondness, different than how she feels about Menankith's - Mine is very much fond of his and I am glad they all have each other. But Menankith's does not make mine fluttery.

Tsunake
Aurinkoth, plz stop giving away Ichta's secrets before she's had time to figure that out. I can pinpoint where during the Hatching 'fluttery' began lmao.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:04 am
Demanthra didn't think things could get any crazier on the sands, but it seemed she was wrong. Before her eyes she had seen more eggs hatch, more impressions, a blue make his green sister come out of her shell, said green get very upset, twins popping out of an egg, the queen helping one of her greens into the weyrling area, and some stands impressions. She thought this clutch had had enough excitement during the touching, it seemed that had just been a preview in what was to come. However as each of the dragons impressed to their partners, her heart seemed to sink a little more. Especially when some of the dragons had sniffed at them and nothing happened. It wasn't long before the gold and the green that was a bit of a drama queen were left and she felt certain neither one of them would look her way. Looking at the green, she admired her bright color, but felt she would go to another. It would be another hatching she would leave empty handed, but would put on a bright smile. She couldn't help but wonder if she would ever impress or would have to put all her time into her Harper training.

My Demanthra! Do not worry about not Impressing, because here I am. You waited all this time because you needed me! Tell me I'm perfect, and please, write a song for me? Don't you think your Monath is the perfect muse? came a voice in her head. Wait, was she hearing things or had she really impressed to a dragon of her own? Her eyes looked down, her heart in her throat, not daring to get her hopes up that she was not just imagining this. There was the beautiful green who she had noticed, her eyes bursting into impression. She sank down into a kneel next to her new baby, hugging her tightly, Monath was her dragon and she felt the love and affection from her.

"You are so perfect and beautiful, Monath. I should have known, you would find me, I just needed faith. I will make a song just for you, since you are a wonderful muse. Come on, I can feel your hunger, let's head to where everyone else is. Oh and you can meet my sister,"she laughed with relief in her voice. Getting to her feet, she began to head to where the other Weyrlings were. Sadness filled her heart as she saw all of those who had not impressed, including Cami. She told her dragon to wait a moment, before she hurried over to her former roommate and hugged her.

"You will keep in touch with me, got it? You are still my friend and even if you are not a rider yet, you will be,"she told her brightly. Then she felt her green dragnet remind her she was hungry, so the two of them continued their journey. Demanthra found Gr'del and mouthed to him 'I will be seeing you again soon, you just wait,' and smiled. Her mind had ideas as she soon got to the area where the others were.

I love that idea, Demanthramine. Yes, a worthy cause for us, to help the candidatemaster. We will be able to help so many others, I love it,Monath piped up into the head of her rider.

Ashlyn had been kept up to date from Gyafrith, since she was soon too busy to keep her eyes on the sands. However, when she felt a bit of happiness from him, she didn't know why.

Gyafrith, did I miss something?she asked to him, wondering if it was the queen impressing or something. She had not even thought about it being her sister finding her own dragon, though she should have.

You will see in a moment, mine,Gyafrith replied back in a secretive way. Just as Ashlun was about to tell him that she didn't find it funny, she felt a pair of arms around her middle. She startled, until she looked to see it was a sister and a green dragnet behind her. Then it hit her what Gyafrith had seen and she hugged her sister back brightly.

"Oh Demanthra, I am so very happy for you,"she gushed. The two sisters shared the moment, til Ashlyn remembered her duties. She nudged her younger sister to a bucket, which Demanthra caught on and grabbed it, before working on cutting up the meat and feeding it to Monath.

DruidTigeress

Masterharper

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:55 am
"A hypocrite? I doubt that when you were trying to help make someone else feel better." He shrugged his shoulders some at the rest of what he said as they made their way from the sands. "From what every one tells us, yours is out there." He glanced at the alcove as rumors had already spread from those who had been closest to the entrance. "And there is hope, I heard a dragonhealer managed to impress at this clutch. It seems that yours can find you no matter what."

When the other boy introduced himself, he inclined his head some. "Dorianus. It is nice to meet you Karone." He might shorten the name later, but right now, he felt it right to call him by his full name.

Teiha

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:47 am
NovaCracker

Faren followed her friend, more than willing to let the crotchety bastards have the time with her shoulder to mend what they could, now that the dragons had all gone of the other candidates. Maybe it was silly to have left the mat here? She dared not speak, certain her voice would break, but she did pull to a stop as another approached; someone she didn't recognize. Was he... trying to cheer them up? She followed his point to the bronze above and somehow felt more like he was lording his impression over them or teasing about how long it could take. She bloody-well knew it could take a while; some weyrfolk never impressed their whole lives, but she was sure it always carried the same pangs of rejection to be passed up. Didn't make it hurt any less in the now. She had to bury the spite in her eyes, trying to remind herself if was meant as encouragement, not insult. "Thanks." She murmured. "Just wasn't our clutch is all." There was the crack in her voice, thread it all. "We'll move better for the next one, keep from getting hurt." She couldn't keep the bitterness out of her voice for the next part. "Who wants the first emotion they share with another mind to be pain, anyways?" She still wasn't bitter at the dragon, just at another year without that all-praised ever-presence. "If you'll excuse me... I'm gonna go see a man about some warm fluids." She decided not to wait, since she wasn't referring as much to quikal as she'd like, a little trickle of blood crawling down the back of her robe's shoulder. When had she moved enough to set that off again?

Andranis

Ruhane Chiisai

Clockwork Rodent

21,850 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500
  • Magical Gems 500

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:21 am
Ruhane Chiisai

Andranis

Amila just wanted to disappear from sight. Take Faren, and disappear to cry, and vent her anguish to someone who had understood. She felt worth less than the fire lizards some carries in the stands, less than... A lot of people really. And then a bronze rider had come from -- who knew, she was beginning to stare at her feet - to try.. Was he flaunting? Teasing? TYrying to comsole them? Amila wasn't sure, but the girl flinched like she was being scolded.

Future clutches didn't make the sting hurt any less -- she didn't expect her first stand to go well, but, she'd dared to hope... To let her old dream begin to rise... And it was dashed. She didn't blame the hatchlings -- but she hated herself. She wanted to wither and disappear at the moment -- and Faren had stood before. Faren -- poor Faren, it should have been her time. It should have been her day. Sher didn't know her well yet, but she did know Faren did not deserve to be passed up again.

But instead of speaking, Amila seemed to withdraw into herself, eyes not meeting the rider of the bronze above -- and she was silent several moments before swallowing. Thread, but her voice was not what it had been earlier.,

"Yeah. Future clutches."

Future hope of offering love and warmth only to be shut out. Like her family did her dreams and hopes.

Maybe she really wasn't good enough to be a girl? Or maybe even the dragons thought her nothing more than a wife to some rich man, producing heirs and serving his whims... Who knew... Right now, the heartache was overwhelming everything.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:38 am
Well, that had gone... Badly. Jacomus sighed, watching the two leave.

Yes, that went VERY badly and you're no good at saying the right thing. Let's GO, Jacomus!

Had he just... Had he just been full-named by a dragon? Jacomus started to turn to head to Kraketh, so they could leave, when he felt something. His back went rigid before he whirled around. "HEY!" That young man from before! His pockets had just been picked! "You little thief! Give that back!"

Strawberri Stardust

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Fated Fable
Vice Captain

Profitable Prophet

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:23 am

When at last the-- rather junior-- dragonhealer arrived, Dr'stan had the presence of mind to at least grab their attention for a moment. "This Brown needs his neck stitched up. You're going to need to clean the wound first. The materials are in my kit if you didn't bring your own." He didn't need to remind the healer just how important it was not to alarm the dragonet as she cared for him. Elzebuth might have made an impressive showing, but he was still quite young. "Here now. When you're finished with that, the Bronze also needs tending to. And if you need any help, please let the assigned apprentice know that the dragonet's wounds need an astringent and numbweed." He was so used to handling this that he didn't know what to do when he couldn't, but there they were.

Turning back to Cynosuth, he made sure that she got what meat she required. The poor little thing was ready for a nap, and he needed to ensure that she ate before she slept. Ah, but... who was this? "Ichta, was it?" Dr'stan asked as Cynosuth kindly supplied her name. "You seem to have Impressed well. Cynosuth tells me that your dragonet is her very special friend." He half-extended his hand in preparation to shake her own, and then realized that it was covered in meat juice. Ah. That wouldn't do. "My name is Dr'stan, and I am Cynosuth's rider." A rather very new development, that. Just saying the words out loud practically brought a shiver up his spine. Oh, she is very nice, Aurinkoth! Cynosuth said, her overall appearance a bit droopy. The dragonet was very tuckered out by her exertion today.

Tsunake
demon_pachabel

[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 24 25 26 27 28 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas