Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:18 pm
Name: Robin
Sex: Female
Sexual Orientation: Straight/Poly
Weyr: Rogue
Rider Rank: None
Previous Rank/Craft: Animal Husbandry (Sheepysheeps!)
Physical Description: Robin is a tall, lithe woman with a swimmer's build. She has almond shaped blue eyes, pale skin, and pale hair, and usually comes off as a figure with quiet strength. Commonly Robin wears her riding gear, or dark colors when in Weyrs or holds, dressing quite smart.
Personality: Robin is a patient girl, one of her family's eldest children -- not THE eldest, but older than her younger sibnlings. The lone girl, Robin is tomboyish, confident, and intelligent, listening to what is spoken to her and squirrelling it away into memory. She also has quite the free spirited streak, preferring to seek out and find what is best for those around her, including her dragon, but she dioes not forget herself. Quietly, Robin is a charismatic sort whom might have made a fine juniour weyrwoman if she had not chosen to help her golden dragon. Robin is a kind, loving soul, and this can be good, but she also has been taken advantage of anf has difficulty adapting to new situations at times, taking a while to acclimate. This is not to say it applies to skills -- but to knowledge. Robin has trouble with more formal settings if she doesn't remain in the mindset, which usually makes her unhappy. She's also rather prone to taking unnecissary risks for others, even if it endangers herself. She doesn't mean to upset doing so, however her forethought is rather... Bupkiss at times.
History:
Robin was the first girl in her large sheparding family. With at least 3 older brothers and another three younger, Robin began life surrounded by boys and one female cousin. Every year learning to care for sheep, she watched a brother be Searched close to turning 14 -- and when she was Searched as well, she was readily close to them again -- the eldest pair a Rider and weyrling respectively and on her first time on the Sands, her third brother Impressed as well. Robin however, was slow to Impress. Although surrounded by proud strong Rider brothers and with many letters from home, Robin did not Impress. Perhaps it was her tomboy nature, or her desire to explore and see the world, to reach out to others. Whatever it was, Robin seemed destined for the sheep-- until she turned sixteen.

Out on the sands, Robin was one of many trying to Impress a dragonet from as clutch, watching many find their lifemates and Impress. When the last egg hatched, thwe gold within immediately seemed disinterested in finding Hers -- trying to desperately reach her siblings, to see them safe. When she could not reachthem the gold has simply paled, turning greyish and eyes greying until she turned to find the girls watching. It was Robin's heart she found that day, and Robin found a kindred half -- for the number of greens was fewer than blues, and the girl since saw to it the loving gold knew her brothers safe. Robin in training was well on her path for earning a rank among goldriders, a girl dependable and brave, whom might yet make Junior Weyrwoman, until Ratatoth's brother had to leave the Weyr for hostilities to the others.

Robin understood how devastating not knowing if a brother was well was -- knowing her brothers safe, she promised to write, stocked supplies, and rode Ratatoth to the skies to seek the gold's beloved brown brother.

When Thread unexpectedly returned, Robin and Ratatorh lacked gear to fight it, but, remembering the caves near, they blinked between to wait it out -- when they emerged, it was with renewed porpuse. Find Nidhoth, and, with Ratatoth's aerial elegance, perhaps, being unable to fight, they might bring smiles to the people of pern. With a letter to her brothers at High Reaches, Robin moved again, taking to the skies in Ratatoth's eternal search.
Other: Robin is actually Abelard's sister -- he hasn't seen much of his sister though.

Robin is entirely literate and often uses runners toi take her siblings letters. Her brothers are all Riders as well.

Robin loves the stars. She and Ratatoth sometimes go night flying when safe.

Robin has 2 younger brothers besides Abelard, but he's the baby. Their family fertility began petering off when he was born.

DRAGON
Name: Ratatoth
Color: Gold as a gold can be.
Size: 41"
Physical Description: Ratatoth is long and lithe, with delicate legs and wings, however her wingsails are deceptively sturdy. Ratatoth is capable of gentle glides or rapid aerial movements, and often practices dancing in the air, loving little more than to fly, wings more than large enough to accomodate aerial 'dancing'. Her hide is commonly well oiled and she can best be explained as svelt and minimally scarred. More often than not her eyes are blue or green -- she has yet to really turn red since beginning to seek her brother out.
Personality:
The last egg of her clutch to hatch, Ratatoth is, as her rider, a free soul, kind, delicate, and gentle. Ratatoth never bares fang nor claw on any whom draw near and quite adores the young children they come across. She also loves her brothers desperately, as well as her sisters, and finds the leaving of Nidhoth to be an act that brought her naught but pain and sorrow. While her other siblings may not understand, Ratatoth is a determined dragon -- currently, using her time to seek and bring Nidhoth home to their weyr for good. A trusting soul, Ratatoth has nothing but love and patience for all -- and wisdom to help keep herself and her rider safe. Ratatoth is as air and as the sky -- her domain, her home, where she knows she does most good. This does mean when it storms, it storms hard and the gold is incredibly sensitive to others, even easily hurt by cruel words. While not as at risk as a dragonet, the gold is certainly like to be distressed by hurtful words, and will easily weep if they turn on her. The dragonet has also wished more than anything for a clutch of her own, but her journey has forced her to put her dreams aside.

QUEST INFO
Why do you want this character? Robin is my baby and I love her. As for further, Ratatoth is thre sister to my brown Nidhoth. While ORIGINALLY seperate, they're 2/3rds of a 'World Tree' trio: Nidhoggr, the great dragon gnawing the roots of the World Tree, Hraesvelgr, the eagle atop... And Ratatoskr, on whom this gold draws her name, the squirrel whom delivers the messages from the gods. I also drew from a game for gap filling, but -SHRUG- Largely, Ratatoth is a loveygold -- and I actually love Robin especially. She's a fun bab.
What do you love most about this character, if anything? Ratatoth is a determined sort who while free and loving has a goal and a quiet strength about her. She'd also be really, really sweet with younger characters and offer them to touch her and try to fly then airborn briefly.
Anything else? I REVAMPOED THIS DUO HOREE s**t! I'm unsure that I'd be after Hraesvelth, despite playing Nidhoth, but if I won her ya'll welcome?

If gotten, Ratatoth and Nidhoth would actually (re)join High Reaches weyr.

Ratatoth's mom was unaffiliated -- but in a pinch borrowed HR's Sands. And by borrowed I mean anyone trying to move her got snapped at for daring come near her eggs.

Ratatoth hasn't risen, but this is out of worry for Nidhoth.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:39 pm
Rewrote/redid this because I couldn't stop idea-ing them as Robin riding Nidhoth's pretty sister.  

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

Quest Thread

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces