Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[ORP] A Spread for the Deck: The Tarot Clutch Feast Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:31 pm
When Kraketh turned his head back to Jacomus, the rider reached up and hugged the great beast's head. He ran a hand over the smooth hide, glancing at Taysen. "So that makes anybody a single Turn older than you old, eh? I dare you to call a Weyrwoman old, by those parameters. To her face."

He would probably get put to work as a drudge if he did that. Will you tell him why you can pick pockets?

Jacomus only replied to Kraketh by patting his cheek. "It takes a thief to recognize a thief, doesn't it? You know..." He let Kraketh go, reaching up instead to scratch at Marsh's chest. Her eyes whirled green and blue as they closed. "You're rather good at it. What if..." He paused, turning away to walk around his bronze. "No, no, maybe you couldn't handle it. But if you could...."

Strawberri Stardust

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:08 pm
        Laelia showed up to the feast long after eating a full meal was appropriate any longer, although some drinks were still out. She headed toward the refreshments and retrieved a goblet of some lightly colored fruit juice from a cluster of several to choose from. Another Hatching, another disappointment. Three turns of this and not a single dragon even moved in the Candidate's direction. She'd taken the time after the Hatching to retreat to her cot, and simply think. Not quite meditation, but not wallowing in anger, either. Just disappointment. But aft ersome time she thought it'd be inappropriate to skip a Hatching feast again, so she tossed on whatever earth-colored skirt and top she thought would be appropriate, yanked her hair back into a tuft of a ponytail, and tromped down to the party.

And surely her blasted younger sister was somewhere in the middle of all of this jubilation, cavorting with the new weyrlings as happily as could be. Laelia glowered at her drink just thinking about it, swirling the liquid in the glass. How could she keeping letting herself get into this situation? She'd actually started to get into the habit of calming the twistings of hope in her stomach every time a new clutch of eggs was laid, pretending that she was another spectator in the stands instead of a Candidate on the sands, watching hesitantly and unmoving as the dragonets picked their way to their chosen, Impressing nearly anyone but her. Never her.

It was difficult to remain bitter, though, in the midst of all this happiness. Especially when so many of the faces were familiar, and the juice was... well, maybe it was very sweet wine and she hadn't been paying attention. Laelia was already beginning to relax, with some alcohol in her system and nothing in her stomach. Maybe it was for the best, after all. Perhaps she should try and talk with someone - preferably anyone without a dragon at their side. And if she had to put up with any dragon-related small talk whatsoever, she'd resigned herself to leave immediately. Yes, she could turn this night around.

A blond girl seemed to also be hovering around the food table, so Laelia decided made her the victim of awkward party conversing. The medium-length skirt swishing around her calves, the short and muscular redhead swayed in her general direction. Laelia wasn't sure she'd seen this girl before - if she had, it likely wasn't a memorable meeting. "Some party, huh?" Laela paused only a moment, swirling her drink again. "I think this juice is actually wine," she chuckled, allowing a rare smile to show. "My name's Laelia, what about you?"

DruidTigeress
For Nebbi!

smolderingskies

Adorable Autobiographer

DruidTigeress

Sparkly Genius

25,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:21 pm
Strawberri Stardust
Dea & #Teddy#

"How nice." Z'rik said with a tight smile. I wonder what that's like.. he added in a teasing barb to his dragon. Not that he could really blame him, but Z'rik usually had to fight past Azmodioth whenever he wanted to socialize. A touch overprotective, the bronze was more likely to chase people away than to urge him to make friends.

I will help you find a friend when I find someone worthy of being your friend. the bronze shot back at him.
Somehow I don't think that day will ever come.

He was a little jealous that the two of them were part of the regular wings. Silly, since that included over 90% of the riders here. He looked back at Z'yden, trying to strike up a conversation again. "You must have impressed before me, or I'm sure I'd remember you." he said, since he remembered nearly all of the classes that he'd taught. "Or... Maybe you transferred here?" he asked, feeling bad again that he didn't know.

Masterharper

Fated Fable

ShinosBee

G'len wandered around the edge of the gather, looking for an isolated table where he could stash his guitar. He'd been playing quietly in a corner for a small group of friends, but now that the main Harpers were starting, there wasn't much point. There were few tables that were empty by this point, but he spotted one that was only sparsely occupied across the grounds and headed towards it. Lifting a hand in greeting to the man who was there, he leaned his guitar against the unoccupied bench.

"Mind if I join you?" he asked Jalarus pleasantly. He assumed that at some point he would dance, but he wouldn't mind sitting quietly for a bit as well. There were still people in this Weyr he didn't know (not many, but still some) and that was a bad show for a Harper like him, who ought to know everybody. Hopefully he could go some way towards fixing that tonight. He recognized the man but didn't know him. Still, he must've seen his face before, as he was sure that he was from the Weyr. "Were you at the hatching?" he asked him conversationally.

Absinth meanwhile, was utterly enamored with the new hatchlings. He couldn't get her to sit still if he tried. Having only recently graduated themselves, it occurred to him that this was the first time she had gotten to see a baby dragon since she was one. She could croon and coo over the new children all night, but there were a few specific ones she wanted to speak to.

First things first, she reached her mind out towards Cynosuth and Thanoth. Having chosen from the Stands herself, she couldn't help but feel akin to them. What a lovely choice you've made. she purred to each of them. And don't let anyone tell you otherwise! How tremendously exciting it was! What a way to stir up a hatching. she practically cackled. She did like a bit of uproar. If you or Yours ever have any questions, I would be happy to help. Or you can always ask Mine too, he's quiet good at that sort of thing. she said warmly, focusing these thoughts more on Thanoth, since the other was from the Weyr, at least (or so her rider had told her).

There were another couple that she wanted to speak to at some point.. ones who might find it comforting to know that they had a few more allies among the older ranks than they might have thought. But this would do for now. She could always find them later.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:02 pm
smolderingskies
Awesome! 8D

Nebbi had made her way over to the desert table ( "in search of Vitre" ) and kind of just lingered around there since then. Since her uncle wasn't around to watch her, she'd been pinching sweets before eating regular food, taking full advantage of the full variety of dishes they were unlikely to get at the Hold. There were things from all over Pern here! (And she made sure to have some of the cakes Vitre's mother made too, so she could tell her later how good they had been..)

She looked around the gather, packed with people and flitts and dragons. It was still fun, even if she felt a little lost here, with so many people she didn't recognize, but she felt very much like someone who was trying hard to have fun while ignoring a lingering worry they were hoping to push from their mind. Until she got to speak to Vitre again, she knew she wouldn't feel settled. But standing around waiting for him was just going to getting her more and more wound up. So she was grateful for the sudden voice by her side to distract her.

She looked up at the girl and smiled. The ease with which she moved through the crowd, seemingly undisturbed by the dragonkind around them, made her wonder if she was from the Weyr. Then again, that could just be the wine. "It's pretty incredible." she agreed. At the mention of wine, she grew a little more curious. She wondered if it was from their vineyard. Though they were only one of many vinter halls that had provided wine to the gather, still the thought made her perk up a bit. "How is it?" she asked, nodding to the glass. She couldn't resist her curiosity, just in case it was theirs. She'd been keeping her ears open all gather, trying to gauge people's responses. She wanted her uncle's business to do well.

She smiled back at the other girl as she introduced herself "Nebbi. Nice to meet'cha." she replied with a slight nod. "Are you just here for the hatching, or do you live here?" she asked curiously.

DruidTigeress

Sparkly Genius

25,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300

smolderingskies

Adorable Autobiographer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:37 pm
        Nebbi, with a beautiful smile. Well, Laelia was almost sure she hadn't heard that name before. It was unlike her to be so social, even approaching one person - but, hey, it was a party, and she was definitely drinking wine. There was no denial to be had at this point. "It's pretty good," Laelia responded, blatantly sniffing the wine. "Sweet and fruity. I legitimately thought it was fruit juice until I started feeling it." She took another sip, her face relaxed the whole time, the lack of twisting lips her proof for it tasting so sweet.

When asked if she lived at the Weyr, Laelia grimaced visibily. She took a moment too long to answer the question, allowing her words to come to the front of her mind in silence, a skipped conversational beat. Laelia wanted to be here, there was no argument about that - it was just a question of how long she could endure this endless cycle of candidacy, hope and disappointment. "I live here," she finally confessed, casting her hazel gaze to the ground, "I'm a Candidate. It's definitely been a... strange day for me." She attempted a smile at Nebbi, but it fell flat in an instant. Ah, the very topic she'd wanted to avoid, and she was already letting it get to her.

"But that's enough about me," Laelia quickly diverted, even though she hadn't really said anything about herself at all. "I haven't seen you around before. Are you just visiting the Weyr for the Hatching?" It would be such a shame, if the first person she'd had a friendly interaction with in what felt like forever turned out to be here only for the evening.

DruidTigeress
tag! emotion_kirakira

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:57 am
Kratoth practically wriggled with joy as Le’x slowly rose from his chair, giving his surroundings an uncertain once-over. The boy’s reluctance melted away as his eyes met the whirling blue-green eyes of his dragon. The sight came with a mental infusion of love and reassurance, a promise of wonderful things ahead. He noticed the oh-so-pleased Macuith close by, glanced at C’lusi, and grinned. “I think our boys are in cahoots. Kratoth wants to show me something, too. It must be fantastic, for them to be this excited,” he chuckled. “Well? Where are we going, Kratoth?”

The brown hatchling gave another wiggle, then collected himself and strode forth with his neck curled in a proud arc as he led his rider, Macuith, and C’lusi toward their goal. With perfect timing, the harpers kicked up a merry tune that heightened the triumph of the moment. This is it, brother! he practically purred to Macuith. It would be lovely, to see this third member of their family again and get to know him better. He vaguely remembered that boy on the hatching sands, the one who sort of felt right, but not quite. He knew now that it was Karone’s connection to Le’x that he’d sensed. It had been a bit confusing, but Kratoth knew who was his the moment he laid eyes on the other boy. All else had faded when Lenix’s mind joined his.

There! Kratoth surged forward, knowing Le’x would have to hustle to keep up, giving the boy no time to look ahead and see their destination.

-----------------

Reliving That Day made it very difficult for Karone to focus on further conversation. He felt awfully small, and even a gulp that cleared half of what was left in his cup did little to bolster him. Perhaps it was even making things worse. He folded his arms and lay his chin on top, ears still open to Dorianus but eyes idly moving over the gathering of dancers as the music began to play. He was so morose that his toe barely tapped to the beat. It was more like a weak quiver than a tap, really.

He was jolted out of the melancholy fog by a brown blur bolting under the table with an impressive slide, rattling the dinnerware as the surface shook. Two square, masculine hands slapped down on the table next to him as the disorderly dragonet poked his head up on the other side, his eyes a deep, jubilant blue. He seemed to laugh at Karone, tilting his head and churring rhythmically. Wait… that was Lenix’s dragon!

Karone looked sideways at those hands again, gaze traveling slowly up the forearms, then to the shoulders. He couldn’t help but turn his head then, and found himself not an armspan away from Lenix’s wide-eyed stare. A burst of resentment welled up within him as he looked at those dark eyes. He pushed his chair back and stood up, holding himself face to face with the other boy. It was only possible because Lenix was bent over the table, but Karone wasn’t thinking about his lack of height just then.

His chest swelled with sudden rage and a deep breath, his arms lifting into an offensive stance.

-----------------

Le’x blinked in disbelief as Karone fell on him – not in violence, but in a pure, drunken sag. It took him a moment to realize that his friend was sobbing. This was not normal at all. But then he smelled that strong drink on his breath. He glanced apologetically at C’lusi and gave an exaggerated shrug, momentarily lifting Karone’s feet off the ground as his shoulders went up. He patted his friend’s back, hoping he’d calm down. This was… kind of embarrassing.

Meanwhile, Kratoth bugled happily to all the other hatchlings. Thank you, my brothers and sisters, for your help. We have successfully reunited my rider with his beloved friend!

”BastetAmun”
Just a heads up that Kar got “distracted” from the conversation. It’s been a few days and I didn’t want to keep holding C’lusi up from socializing! smile

”Masterharper”
Fly, my pretty, fly! You’re freeeeee!

Teiha

Masterharper
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:39 pm
DruidTigeress

Jalarus

Jalarus was finishing up his heaping plate of food when someone actually approached. While he had vaguely noticed a wave, he had simply assumed it was directed as someone behind him; but when G'len started speaking to him directly, the kitchenworker almost choked.

Oh brother.

His brows knit, and he felt his shoulders stiffen self-consciously. While he didn't mind sharing the table, Faranth knew there was space, he just hadn't prepared for it. Quickly swallowing his bite, he wiped his mouth with the back of his hand-- before wiping that then on the napkin provided at every setting. That's right. Manners. He had some, somewhere, didn't he? "If you want. I won't be here long," he added with a little grunt and shrug, quickly looking back down at his plate of crumbs and gravy. "Just came for a plate." As if he had to somehow justify his presence at the Hatching Feast.

Ah, but he did feel a bit like a fraud, and felt like he did need to justify his being there. This wasn't his celebration, after all. It was the Weyrs, and the Candidates, and the new weyrlings. He was just the help. Sitting next to G'len only amplified it; his hair was in need of a trim, his clothes secondhand and simple, and his muscles ached from the busy day of preparing for the feast. He wasn't refreshed, excited, or happy; and being a few cups of wine in, he was sure he looked a mess.

Nothing to do about it now.

When G'len asked about whether or not he was at the Hatching, Jal gave another grunt, this time of dismissal. "Er, no. I had to work through it," There was no shame in it, but he knew there were some in the Weyr that felt as if they were better than the rabble that made the Weyr run. He was little more than a paid drudge, and it didn't often help when they realized he was an aged-out Candidate on top of it.

"You?" He forced himself to ask, trying hard to remember the rules of social engagement. Most people didn't like awkward silences, though he was quite certain, with the Harpers playing some lively jaunt, this one would be swept off in no time.

Maybe he'd make a hasty escape then.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:10 pm
Dorianus

Karone not paying attention didn't seem to bother Dorianus at all. He knew the other by had some things on his mind so he taller man didn't take it as a slight. The sudden movement of the brown hatchling suddenly moving underneath the table got his attention just as much as it did Karone's. He raised an eyebrow some, glancing down under the table as Karone did, seeing the brown looking up at him, he could feel the pleasure that was just seeming to come off of the dragon as well. It almost made him laugh, if it wasn't for the tension that he saw in Karone's face as he realized something.

The sudden movement of Karone standing up, staring up at the other boy, who Dorianus assumed was his friend who had impressed. He saw the rage and Dorianus wondered just what the boy was going to do, seeing his arms raise into an offensive stance. He was going to stop him when Karone was suddenly on top of Le'x but as Dorianus watched, he noticed the other boy wasn't fighting the one he had fallen upon. He was crying, the shaking of his shoulders was enough for him to see that.

Grey eyes moved to look at the brown dragon to the blue that was soon to join them, his eyes moving to look to the blue's impressed as well. The new people were beginning to worry him, but he stopped and made himself stay where he was, wanting to make sure that Karone was ok.

Teiha
No worries. Sorry about the wait, I was trying to have multiple characters of mine at the same time.

Masterharper
Because Dorianus sees the lovely Macuith and C'lusi

C'ryn and Aresoth

Knowing that both of his friends would keep in touch was a relief for C'ryn, one that he hadn't really known he had been worried about. It was the first time he had seen any of his peers as friends and not followers, maybe this was what a leader really needed. Yes, you needed followers but you needed to make sure they were safe and get to know them.

The music broke through his attentions and he turned his head to look over at those who were slowly milling and beginning to dance. He smiled softly, nodding his head at Cami's words before he looked at her. "Have you ever danced?" He was curious, he felt asking if she had danced before was better then just asking if she wanted to dance.

Aresoth watched Luiciand some, having seen the tense facial expression on his face. Kind, yes. You were disappointed. I believe many of your fellow candidates feel the same. Though your bonded was not in this, I am sure you will find yours Luiciand."

DruidTigeress
Let's dance!

faesinger
Aresoth wants to help you feel better.

Dr'stan and Ddraigth

Should Dr'stan be surprised that Zheria thought he was approaching Alumet to help himself climb? He supposed not, he found himself forgetting, from time to time, that the weyrwoman was from Nabol where life was a bit harder then he had ever had. It should come as no shock, and he didn't take it as a slight, or tried not to. He was an honest man, many said he wore his heart on his sleeve because of it. While he knew that gold rider's could take care of themselves, there was always a need for him to be the one to help if needed, a warrior or knight of some sort.

When Zheria went to leave, he saluted to the weyrwoman again, nodding his head to her before his attention moved back to Alumet. He nodded to her, understanding what he wanted. "Of course." The music had begun then and he decided to speak up then. "Perhaps I will approach you for a dance later this night, if you wish. Enjoy the night Alumet." He saluted and then bowed at his waist to her, before turning and moving away as she did.

-_Wish of Tevaera_-

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100

Masterharper
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:10 pm
Teiha
Awww. That was no problem! gaia_star I don't mind a wait or delay. I suspect C'lusi will follow up with Le'x later about his pal there if he does detach himself. Not that he has anywhere to be, in particular.

BastetAmun
Haha. As if Macuith would shy away!

C'lusi & Macuith
With every step they took through the crowd, C'lusi could feel his blue's excitement grow. What on Pern are you up to, you fiend? He teased his baby dragon, who all but crooned with delight. The blues eyes couldn't get any brighter as he followed Kratoth, pausing only as the brown slipped well underneath the proper table.

Behold, my love-- I have reunited two best of friends! The blue dragon's smugness grew as he watched the two boys finally lock eyes. Even as Karone's upset became apparent, even as the smaller boy suddenly sagged forward onto Le'x, it didn't matter. They were hugging. They were reuinted and all would be well, as far as the little blue believed. A happily ever after that was touched with tears.

Well. Er. Happy tears, yes?

Macuith did tilt his head ever so slightly, before giving a happy flick of his tail. He puffed out his chest, and took a moment to groom one of his wings. He noticed Dorianus looking his way, and couldn't help but ensure the archof his neck was perfect, and his wing lifted just like so so perhaps the other might admire his pretty marking. He was the most handsome blue in the clutch, after all, and he wanted this other man to know it. Look mine. Here's a cute one, right here!

C'lusi did offer Le'x a slightly apologetic smile and and a small gesture of good luck. He'd catch up with him later. It looked as if, maybe, the two of them needed some space, or at least some time. Letting his gaze drift off them, he did look at Dorianus. He didn't know the Candidate well, but given they were both bystanders to a breakdown, he decided to distract.

"I'm afraid you got caught looking his way," he confessed quietly. "He wants to know if you think him pretty? He certainly thinks you are." Oh, honestly, C'lusi couldn't believe that he'd Impressed a dragon as vain as he was. They were quite the pair, really -- he couldn't feel any more confident than he did now that Macuith was with him. There was nothing they couldn't do. They had charm, and class, and good looks. They would get it all, and then some. For once in his life, C'lusi didn't want something, or someone else; he already had the best.

Macuith, for his part, gave a happy churr, and stretched out his neck so he might better take a look at the new face.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:38 am
Le’x nodded to C’lusi, silently thanking him for the encouragement. It was a long, uncomfortable minute or two before Karone finally regained some semblance of control. The boy was clearly sloshed, and wobbled pitifully when he unraveled himself from Le’x and tried to stand on his own. Le’x couldn’t help but crack a grin as he helped his friend sit down. “You never could hold your spirits,” he said gently. Kar didn’t respond, head hanging and eyes blearily staring at nothing as he sagged against the back of the chair.

Le’x spotted Dorianus when he next looked up, noting the black-haired man’s concern. He smiled and nodded toward Karone’s mostly-empty cup. “I take it that was his first one? It’s nothing to worry about, he’s just a little sensitive to the strong stuff. He’ll be fine in the morning.”

All the melodramatics made Le’x feel a bit self-conscious, but more than anything else, he was relieved now that he knew his cousin didn’t hate him for Impressing. He’d distinctly heard a few startlingly strong words interspersed through all the blubbering, but there’d been just as many congratulations and expressions of brotherly love in there, too.

He knelt by Karone’s chair and held out his hand toward Kratoth, who instantly ducked under the table and came to him. “Kratoth, meet Karone,” he said. “Kar, this is Kratoth.”

Kratoth lay his chin on Karone’s knee, looking up at him with an intense gaze of deep blue. The boy’s sharp-cornered eyes suddenly focused, widening as he looked at the dragonet. He seemed frozen for a moment, then abruptly began to tear up again. He was silent this time, nodding in earnest to something that no one else could hear.

Le’x understood that the brown was speaking directly to the smaller boy, but didn’t pry into what was clearly a significant exchange. Instead, he gave them their privacy and stepped away to focus on the music, clapping his hands as he watched the dancers on the floor.

”BastetAmun”

”Masterharper”

Andranis
Le’x is available, if Calli wants to snatch him for a dance!

Teiha

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:46 pm
V'rind

V'rind had been feeling pretty good, really. Maybe she'd just been hungry—plenty of people got pissy when they were hungry after all! She'd admittedly worked her way through most of her plate by the time T'at came skulking back, and her knife paused in mid air, hovering as his hand lightly slid over the back of hers. Her glacier blue eyes had dropped to fix on it, to watch those strong, calloused fingers...Damn. She must have come down pretty hard on him to have him go all tender like that. Whatever emotion was bubbling around in her chest was unknowable, even if she'd stopped to ask herself. Instead, she shrugged a shoulder and nodded curtly.

"Alright. Not this one though. Should give you time to eat or something, right?" She gestured with the blade to his still-full plate. "And...thanks for the drink." She tugged the cup towards her, lifting it and quaffing a mouthful before stopping to think about it. The trouble with going at it too quickly though was that one tended to choke, and she only just caught herself from spraying down the table as the swig threatened to go down the wrong pipe. A moment and she managed to swallow, but she quickly set the cup down, eyeing it as if it'd contained poison.

-_Wish of Tevarae_-

V'tre & Thanoth

V'tre's mother, whever in the throng she was, would have been proud at how well her foster-son managed to remember to chew and swallow as he gorged his way through enough food for a wher. Without stopping to talk with a full mouth, too! "Well you seem like all that stuff t'me!" He finally got out between bites, bobbing like a wherry at Ichta. "Good and nice and friendly, right? Both of y'guys!" He stopped long enough to crack a wide, many-toothed grin up at G'ran too. "I mean, I'm glad both of you impressed! We just met and all but, I mean, you've been great. And if it was someone else then I might have to eat alone..." That was a sobering thought. Down below Thanoth curled a bit tighter against his knees, and he lifted his booted toes to gently tap them against her side.

"Oh, you were gonna be a miner?" There was an inordinate amount of interest—positive feelings and interest—in that from V'tre. "I almost was too! I mean, my foster-father, he wanted me to, but I ended up smithing instead." The mines in High Reaches were far different from those where G'ran had come from, and in his youthful ignorance, behind the walls his parents had built to shelter him and his brother, he had no real idea about the level of disparity. "My little brother might though, once he's a bit older." That thought made his brow ripple somewhat. "...I was going to try to show him how to make a ring when he turned ten turns, but now I guess I can't, huh..."

Thankfully a moment later music started a moment later, and it was all smiles and bright eyes again for the youngest weyrling in the pack.

Thanoth took a moment to twist her tail with Elzebuth's when it darted over hers, tugging it in amusement before letting it slip free again. This is our party, isn't it, Aurinkoth? Maybe ask her again in a little. We're the special little stars tonight, shouldn't we show them how we like to shine? Of course she didn't want him to end up feeling ill...but the fact that he'd try it anyway? Priceless. Privately to Elzebuth she cooed, Would that the rest of our dear siblings had such obvious quirks! Though I'd love to see Aresoth's face with the taste of tuber on his tongue, wouldn't you?

Another voice then caught her attention, and V'tre looked on curiously as the tiny dark green poked her head out, looking about until she found Absinth, or at least gathered where the other green was speaking to her from. All that trouble for little old us? Ha! Well of course. None of them got my joke, but V'tre was the right choice. He and I are going to have far more fun than the rest of them, but...we might come to talk to you too. If you don't mind. As relaxed and confident as she was about all this, she could still feel the tremor of uncertainty in her new rider. More friends, she decided, would be for the best.

Tsunake

demon_pachabel

DruidTigeress

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:35 pm
Ichta and Aurinkoth

A miner? Ichta could see how G'ran's wide shoulders and strong physique would have leaned to such a job, and she knew to an extent mining was important, but it was dangerous work. She tried to not look concerned, but failed as she much-more-delicately than V'tre bit into the pie that had been brought to her. Aurinkoth lingered at her knee, seeming to enjoy the taste of it second hand.

Elzebuth and Thanoth's words caused him to creel up at her, both easily finding their mark on his innocent, happy heart. Ichta? Can I have just a small piece of the tuber? he asked, easily swayed to the words of his siblings. Ichta looked down at Aurinkoth, raising her brows. "Who is putting tubers in your head?" she asked, briefly looking to the other two dragons who lingered nearby. Somehow, she wouldn't have put it past them. Aurinkoth just scooted closer, pleadingly.

Quietly, she cut a piece off of the one on her plate and offered it under the table at last. Aurinkoth sniffed it considerately, before gently taking it from Ichta's hand and gnoshing on it as he had the fruit. His distaste was near immediate. This tastes mushy and weird! he crinkled up his snout to the best of his abilities and shook his head, eyes whirling with distaste before he looked to Thanoth and Elzebuth. It's definitely not as good as fruit. he confirmed.

But his face had probably been hilarious for both dragons.

Ichta found herself making a similar face, unintentionally, but smoothed it out as she turned herself back into the conversation. "So you work in jewelry or would a ring be more of a side venture?" she asked gently to the young man seated next to her.

xxTsunake

xxShinosBee

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

DruidTigeress

Sparkly Genius

25,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:44 pm
smolderingskies

"That sounds like ours!" Nebbi said, brightening perceptibly. The cold northern climate tended to make for sweeter grapes. They said the Southern wines had a more sophisticated flavor.. But if it tasted good, who cared, right? "We let the grapes freeze while they're still on the vine. It concentrates the sugar content and gives a sweeter fruity flavor." Her cheeks colored slightly as she realized she was going on a bit. "Err.. I'm a vinter at a Hall just South of High Reaches Hold. We specialize in desert wines." she explained.

Nebbi nodded slowly. "Strange hardly seems to cover it..." she muttered, half to herself. She couldn't say that she understood all the nuanced disappointments of a candidate that didn't impress, but if one of them was the fear of being left behind by your friends, she could probably understand that one. She supposed she ought to mention that her friend impressed. It seemed like the thing to say.. But somehow she couldn't help but think that that might bring the mood down. She didn't want to force Laelia to fake congratulations. And while she didn't really mind talking about it (it was one of the most exciting things that had happened to her in her short life, second only to the day her uncle said he was planning to adopt her), she knew she was going to wind up telling this same story a hundred times back at the Hold. That was fine, she already knew the people at the Hold, and if they had any interesting stories she would have heard them already. Right now, she was more curious to hear about Laelia.

She might be upset about not impressing, but to a Hold girl like Nebbi, even being a candidate seemed incredible. She would have flipped even if Vitre just got Searched, nevermind impressing a dragon. "That's so cool." she said with a growing grin. "Did they find you on a Search or were you born here?"

"I was just here for the hatching." she confirmed with a little nod. "My uncle's helping out with the feast." But who cared that anyway? Weyrs and candidates seemed much more interesting.

BastetAmun

faesinger

Cami nodded slowly, looking back from Luciand to Caderyn. It was all a little awkward, and she wasn’t sure what to say, but at least it seemed like they’d patched things up.

"No, I've never danced before." she said when Caderyn changed the subject. She looked towards the center of the gather where the musicians had started to play. Some of the other camps in their caravan would play music and sometimes people would dance, but she and her father never joined them. It was a different kind of dance from this anyway.

Her eyes focused back on Caderyn. A turn ago, she would have left it at that. But she'd learned a few things about conversations since coming to the Weyr, and found that when someone asked you something you were often expected to ask the same thing back. "Do you dance?" she asked him.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:07 pm
Masterharper

ShinosBee

"No? That's too bad." G'len said cheerfully as he took a seat. "You won't stay a while?" Not that he would keep him if he wanted to leave, of course. Feasts and gathers weren't for everyone after all. "I'm with you on the food, though. Best we've had all turn, it seems." he laughed.

"Ah, well, that's a shame." G'len said when he confessed that he had missed the hatching. It had been quite an interesting one, he thought, but then he supposed they all were really. "It may sound a bit hickish but it's still so amazing to me. Hatchings, that is. It's only the third one I've been to since I came to the Weyr. It was quite exciting. Of course, the second one I went to was very exciting." Nevermind why, though. He felt he could sense some tension around the hatching and wondered in the man had been a candidate once. Best change the subject then.

"Sorry, I haven't bothered to introduce myself. I'm G'len. And you are?"

Not at all! The young green assured her. It wasn't so long ago that Mine was in the same spot. He was so terribly shocked, it was delightful. she said, gleefully remembering. Oh, it was such fun. He didn't have a clue in the world that she was going to choose him.

I can send Mine along to say hello as well, if Yours wishes to speak with him. she added, with little mind to the fact that Hers was currently occupied in a conversation, never mind that he had no idea what she was up to at all.

DruidTigeress

Sparkly Genius

25,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300

smolderingskies

Adorable Autobiographer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:10 pm
        A vinter - what a fascinating profession! It took a lot more delicacy in the hand and mind than blacksmithing, which is what Laelia had grown up doing herself. Caring for something else, even if it were plants, was a whole new level of responsibility and connection to the world around you. Something that Laelia was clearly not ready for yet, although she had tried again and again to prove herself worthy of a dragon.

"I was found on a Search," Laelia said, breathing in the fumes of her wine, glad that even Nebbi didn't seem to want to discuss the Hatching, which was entirely satisfactory to her. The wine really barely smelled of alcohol, and yet she could feel her tongue loosen ever so slightly. Freezing and sugars - how did someone even find out that freezing grapes would make them sweet? "I used to be a blacksmith. My father said I'd be a Master one day if I kept working at it." Grinning ruefully, she shook her head. "Well, I might've been. I think winemaking sounds much more interesting, though. Even as a Candidate, all we ever do is studying and chores. I've been here for three turns, and the novelty wears off after a while. What's your favorite part about being a vinter?"

DruidTigeress

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces