Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply The Bible
Ignore the Negative Noise

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:00 pm
Amy K. Hall

For this month’s Solid Ground, Greg analyzes an atheist’s article by going through the steps he introduced in February’s mentoring letter:

If you recall, I told you to first clarify the claim, what I called “the big idea.” Get a fix on exactly what’s being charged or asserted. What’s the specific point the challenge is meant to persuade you of? Second, list the reasons the person thinks his charge against your view is legitimate. This is the “because” factor. Your friend is right and you are wrong because of something. What is that? Finally, do an assessment taking one point at a time asking if the reasons support the big idea.

You can read his analysis of the atheist’s arguments here. For now, I wanted to draw your attention to the advice Greg begins with:

Before I dive in, let me give you a general tip for navigating discussions like this. Discipline yourself to ignore the negative noise.

Read more: link  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:25 am
Quote:
Discipline yourself to ignore the negative noise.

I need to do this more.  

Lady Vizsla

The Bible

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces