Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply The Bible
Islam’s View of Sin and Salvation

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lady Vizsla

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:42 am
by Rich Wendling and Daniel Shayesteh

Christians should love, not fear, Muslims. If you look under the surface, you’ll see just how hopeless their religion leaves them. By faithfully sharing God’s grace as revealed in His Word, you can watch the light of Christ’s salvation break into their darkened hearts.

In reaction to the many terrorist attacks worldwide, including 9/11, many Westerners consider Muslims to be their enemies. Many hate Muslims and fear any kind of contact with them. But Jesus commands us to react in a different way. The Muslim, like everyone else, is precious to God and needs to be reconciled with Him through Christ. We Christians are commanded to lovingly share the gospel with everyone, regardless of his or her religion.

Part 1 of this series examined the Islamic view of God, the Trinity, and the Bible, along with the Christian response. Now let’s examine the Islamic view of sin and salvation, and look at ways to share the gospel with a Muslim. By learning a few basic truths, any believer can share his or her faith fruitfully with these precious people, whom God loves.

The Islamic worldview, as with any belief system, is based on presuppositions that color the way a Muslim understands the evidence for Christianity. By recognizing a Muslim’s presuppositions, the Christian can chip away at Islam’s foundational beliefs. When God opens the Muslim’s eyes to Islam’s shaky foundation, he or she will be more open to the truth of the gospel.

The role of apologetics in evangelizing the Muslim is to reveal the inconsistencies of Islam’s holy book, the Quran, in contrast to the consistent truth of the Bible and Christianity. While Islam fails to explain the human condition or to provide sinners with rock-solid hope for the future, God’s Word abundantly satisfies all these longings through Jesus Christ.

Like the Bible, the Quran teaches that people are descendants of Adam and Eve and are imperfect sinners. However, the Quran also teaches that their god, Allah, inspired sin in humankind (Quran 4:88; 7:16–18; 9:51; 14:4; 16:93; 35:8; 57:22; 74:31; 91:7–9). Muslims believe that humans are sinners because Allah has willed it. They have no understanding similar to the Bible’s teaching that humans, not God, caused sin through rebellion against God (Romans 5:12, 5:18–19).

The Quran’s teachings regarding salvation are inconsistent. On the one hand, the Quran teaches that salvation is based on purification by good deeds (Quran 7:6–9). A Muslim can become righteous through prayer, almsgiving, fasting, and living according to the Quran. Yet the Quran also teaches that Allah has predetermined every person’s destiny, and one’s righteous acts may or may not affect Allah’s decision (Quran 57:22). It teaches that everyone, both the righteous and the unrighteous, will be led into hell by Allah, before the righteous will enter heaven (Quran 19:67–72). Therefore no Muslim can know his or her eternal destiny in this life. Even Muhammad himself was unsure of his salvation (Quran 31:34; 46:9).

Today, whenever Muslims mention the name of Muhammad, they always add the phrase, “Peace be upon him,” because Muhammad’s eternal destiny is uncertain, and the Muslim must ask Allah to be merciful to him. This contradiction between the Quran’s teaching of salvation by works and its teaching of Allah determining salvation, regardless of one’s works, results in Islam being the world’s most uncertain religion regarding salvation.

When sharing his faith with a Muslim, the Christian should contrast the uncertainty of the Muslim’s salvation with the certainty of salvation through Jesus Christ (John 5:24). Contrast the Muslim belief in righteousness through works with the Bible’s teaching that no good work can make a person righteous; it is only through Christ’s righteousness that a person can be saved (Romans 5:21). Contrast the Muslim belief that all will enter hell with the Bible’s teaching that only Satan, the demons, and the unsaved will enter hell (2 Peter 2:4; Revelation 20:15). Contrast the Islamic teaching that salvation is through Allah’s arbitrary choosing and can only be known after death with the Christian hope that the truly repentant heart can be saved by grace through personal faith in Jesus Christ’s finished work on the Cross.

First Peter 3:15 forms the biblical basis for a clear and effective approach to evangelism. Using this verse, this act of sharing the gospel with a Muslim can be broken down into several steps.

But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts. The first priority in any witnessing opportunity is to begin with a right relationship with God. We must begin by recognizing that we cannot reach the Muslim on our own. No matter how well we know the most effective ways to share our faith, unless we allow the Holy Spirit to guide our thoughts, words, and actions, our conversation will probably be unproductive. Many Christians have prejudice and fear of Muslims. We must carefully examine our motives and beliefs, and ask God to purify our hearts and attitudes.

. . . and always be ready to give a defense. The next priority for successful witnessing is to prepare by understanding Muslim presuppositions, beliefs, and culture, and understanding ways to make the gospel understandable and relevant to the Muslim. This has been the primary focus of this article series. We need to be aware of barriers that might prevent a Muslim from hearing the gospel (see below), as well as points of contact that can generate interest in the gospel.

Be sensitive to potential cultural barriers that may hinder a Muslim from listening to the gospel message:

Muslims face ostracism and possible persecution if they accept Christ.
Muslims believe the gospel is corrupted and cannot be trusted anymore (see Part 1).
Muslims are sure that theirs is the last and perfect religion, superior to Christianity, and it is unwise to follow an imperfect religion like Christianity.
Most Muslims do not know their own scriptures. Without assistance they may be unable to compare the Quran and the Bible.
Muslims often do not know how highly their own holy book speaks of Jesus and will be amazed.
Muslims consider it an insult if people greet them by shaking the left hand, refuse hospitality, speak to the opposite sex, or demean their faith.
Do not rush to share your faith. The Christian must earn the right to be heard.
Avoid political discussions. Keep the focus on the gospel. Many Muslims equate American politics with Christianity.
Both the Bible and the Quran should be treated with the utmost respect. A Muslim is offended when we display a marked-up or damaged Bible, or treat the Bible casually. Don’t place a Bible on the ground.

. . . to everyone who asks you. One difficulty in sharing the gospel with a Muslim is the mistrust between Muslims and Westerners. The best way to overcome this mistrust is to build strong friendships with Muslims based on honesty and love. In Muslim culture, friendship is very important. By building relationships, the Christian can gain an opening to present the gospel in a way the Muslim can hear. As your Muslim friend sees genuine love and honesty in your relationship, he or she may begin asking questions that can open his or her mind and heart to the gospel.

. . . a reason for the hope that is in you. The hope of Christianity is that through Jesus Christ, our sins are forgiven and our relationship with God is restored. There are several key blessings of the gospel Muslims need to understand because their religion does not offer anything comparable (the first three concepts are explained in Part 1):

We can know God and the truth (Exodus 33:11; Isaiah 40:5; Acts 17:23), but Muslims cannot (Quran 3:7; 7:18 cool . God is unknowable in Islam. Muslims can’t experience God personally, but we can because He wants to be known and “dwells” in the heart of His people (1 Corinthians 3:16–17; 6:19).
We can rest assured in God’s absolute justice, both now and in eternity, but Muslims cannot. If people are crying for God’s peace, justice, and salvation now, why should God ignore their present needs until the afterlife, as Islam teaches? The God of the Bible, in contrast, answers our prayers now and will settle all injustices in the future (1 John 5:14–15; 2 Thessalonians 1:6–10).
Through Christ’s grace we are reconciled to God and can wholeheartedly submit to Him on earth, but Muslims cannot. Despite the importance they place on submission, Muslims cannot submit meaningfully to a god who is impersonal and does not reveal himself (see Part 1). You can only submit to someone whom you can know and who is revealed to you.
God’s grace gives us a new identity as redeemed beings, but Muslims do not have this privilege (2 Corinthians 5:17). God has saved us to be good in order to be able to do good: in Christ being comes first, not doing (Ephesians 2:10). People must be established in God’s kingdom first before they are able to do good. In Islam (and all other religions) doing comes first in order to become good.
We have God in us (Galatians 2:20), but Muslims do not (Quran 42:51). God is accessible through the gospel. In the New Testament the word Immanuel means “God with us” (Matthew 1:23). The word us indicates that He seeks personal and intimate fellowship with us.
Through the gospel we are reconciled to the God of love and peace and are able to love and have peace, but Muslims are not. God reveals Himself as the great lover of humanity (John 3:16). He reveals that He loves reconciliation and unity (2 Corinthians 5:1 cool . We are united with God and can reflect His love and peace to others through our words and actions.
We are saved and have the joy of salvation, but Muslims are missing both (Quran 7:18 cool . Muslims need to discover that salvation must happen in this life rather than in the afterlife (Hebrews 9:27). If being separated from God’s kingdom happens on earth, then salvation (being restored to God’s kingdom) also must happen on earth if it is to bring joy. Similarly in our homes, we want to enjoy love and unity with our loved ones now, and not postpone it for an unknown future. God desires humanity to enjoy love and unity with Him here in this life.

. . . with meekness and fear. Our attitude before God is key to fruitful conversations with Muslims. We cannot be proud or arrogant. Presenting the gospel in a nonthreatening way with straightforward honesty, humility, and respect will allow our Muslim friends to hear our message.

Rich Wendling, a former Answers in Genesis–USA employee, taught science, social studies, and math in public schools for thirteen years.

Daniel Shayesteh, a former radical Muslim, travels wherever possible through his ministry Exodus from Darkness to provide insight into the Quran’s teachings regarding salvation, Adam and Eve, and Christians. He has written numerous books, including Islam and The Son of God.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:08 pm
edited: typo, full* not fully

I don't understand why you continue to post things from AiG on the subject of Islam when I've exposed time and time again, like in my replies here:

...that they are ignorantly (and erroneously) paraphrasing verses from the Quran (because all they're doing is copy and pasting "leaven of the Pharisees"-type teaching, taking theological concepts from their teacher's of the law and mistaking it for what the Quran literally says) not genuinely reading the Surah.

For example, just going through this little paragraph alone:

Quote:
Like the Bible, the Quran teaches that people are descendants of Adam and Eve and are imperfect sinners. However, the Quran also teaches that their god, Allah, inspired sin in humankind (Quran 4:88; 7:16–18; 9:51; 14:4; 16:93; 35:8; 57:22; 74:31; 91:7–9). Muslims believe that humans are sinners because Allah has willed it. They have no understanding similar to the Bible’s teaching that humans, not God, caused sin through rebellion against God (Romans 5:12, 5:18–19).

Same ignorance I exposed in Ham's article concerning these 9 verse citations, and I quote (tweaked capitalization and BBCode):

1. Surah 4:88

Quran:

• Surah 4:88 SAHIH INTERNATIONAL

What is [the matter] with you [that you are] two groups concerning the hypocrites, while Allah has made them fall back [into error and disbelief] for what they earned. Do you wish to guide those whom Allah has sent astray? And he whom Allah sends astray - never will you find for him a way [of guidance].

Bible:

• 2 Thessalonians 2:10-12 (NIV)

10 and all the ways that wickedness deceives those who are perishing. They perish because they refused to love the truth and so be saved. 11 For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie 12 and so that all will be condemned who have not believed the truth but have delighted in wickedness.

God leads people astray.

The only safeguard against the deception—a deception which God sends—is believing the truth He gave us: and what is the truth?

• Psalm 119:43 (NIV)

43 Never take your word of truth from my mouth,
               for I have put my hope in your laws.

• John 17:17 (NIV)

17 Sanctify them by[a] the truth; your word is truth.

Footnotes:

a. John 17:17 Or them to live in accordance with

But God sends the deception on purpose. It's from Him. Had God not provided the truth, this would be entrapment and people could not be condemned for it. But because He provided the truth, that means people rejected it, so their demise is their own fault. Being led astray to their demise is what they earned.

---

2. Surah 7:16-18

Quran:

• Surah 7:16-18 SAHIH INTERNATIONAL

16 [Satan] said, "Because You have put me in error, I will surely sit in wait for them on Your straight path.

17 Then I will come to them from before them and from behind them and on their right and on their left, and You will not find most of them grateful [to You]."

18 [ Allah ] said, "Get out of Paradise, reproached and expelled. Whoever follows you among them - I will surely fill Hell with you, all together."

Satan...getting mad at God and threatening to lead the righteous astray. God essentially says, go ahead, I'll throw you—and anyone who follows you—into hell.

Akin to:

Bible: (edited to add 1 Peter 5:8)

• 1 Peter 5:8 (NIV)

8 Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.

• 1 Timothy 4:1 (NIV)

4 The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons.

• Matthew 25:41 (NIV)

41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.

The Quran and the Bible agree on this.

---

3. Surah 9:51

Quran:

• Surah 9:51 SAHIH INTERNATIONAL

Say, "Never will we be struck except by what Allah has decreed for us; He is our protector." And upon Allah let the believers rely.

Bible:

• Isaiah 54:17 (NIV)

17  no weapon forged against you will prevail,
            and you will refute every tongue that accuses you.
            This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord,
            and this is their vindication from me,”
                declares the Lord.

• Proverbs 11:6 (NIV)

6 The righteousness of the upright delivers them,
            but the unfaithful are trapped by evil desires.

• Proverbs 2:8 (NIV)

8 for he guards the course of the just
            and protects the way of his faithful ones.

• Jeremiah 7:23 (NIV)

23 but I gave them this command: Obey me, and I will be your God and you will be my people. Walk in obedience to all I command you, that it may go well with you.

• Job 30:11 (NIV)

11 Now that God has unstrung my bow and afflicted me,
            they throw off restraint in my presence.

We won't suffer calamity (unless God sends it on purpose— e.g. Job), because He protects those who obey Him. His Commands keep us from suffering.

However, God sends suffering to develop godly attributes in us and to prove what's in our hearts.

• Isaiah 48:10 (NIV)

10 See, I have refined you, though not as silver;
             I have tested you in the furnace of affliction.

There is a calamity that is caused by God (to test, purify and refine us) But the calamity we cause ourselves is avoided when we obey God's Commands. That's Biblical.

---

4. Surah 14:4

Quran:

• Surah 14:4 SAHIH INTERNATIONAL

And We did not send any messenger except [speaking] in the language of his people to state clearly for them, and Allah sends astray [thereby] whom He wills and guides whom He wills. And He is the Exalted in Might, the Wise.

Bible:

• Romans 1:28 (NIV)

28 Furthermore, just as they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, so God gave them over to a depraved mind, so that they do what ought not to be done.

• Jeremiah 10:23 (NIV)

23 Lord, I know that people’s lives are not their own;
              it is not for them to direct their steps.

• Psalm 37:23 (NIV)

23 The Lord makes firm the steps
             of the one who delights in him;

• Jeremiah 23:11-12 (NIV)

11 “Both prophet and priest are godless;
            even in my temple I find their wickedness,”
                declares the Lord.
        12 “Therefore their path will become slippery;
              they will be banished to darkness
              and there they will fall.
            I will bring disaster on them
              in the year they are punished,”
                    declares the Lord.

There is nothing special about how the Quran phrased its verse that should have us interpreting the claims differently from the concept that appears in the Bible. It's identical.

---

5. Surah 16:93

Quran:

• Surah 16:93 SAHIH INTERNATIONAL

And if Allah had willed, He could have made you [of] one religion, but He causes to stray whom He wills and guides whom He wills. And you will surely be questioned about what you used to do.

Bible:

• Deuteronomy 13:2-3 (NIV)

2 and if the sign or wonder spoken of takes place, and the prophet says, “Let us follow other gods” (gods you have not known) “and let us worship them,” 3 you must not listen to the words of that prophet or dreamer. The Lord your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and with all your soul.

The false prophets are sent by God (and they're not false because the miracles they wrought were false, but because the prophet is leading you astray to worship another god). God wants to see if we'll stay true to His Commands. The only ones falling for the false prophet (and thus the false religion—since the prophet is saying, let's go worship other gods), will be those who reject God's Commands. They will be deceived and fail the test of loyalty.

I mentioned this before (at least I think I mentioned it in this guild) how the Quran denies Commandments in the Law of Moses in addition to denying details in the Gospels. Ergo, Islam is a false prophet religion (even if they copied truths from the Torah and the Gospels, because the Quran contains lies / distortions of the truth elsewhere that deny both the Father and the Son—that deny the Law, Prophets, Psalms, Gospels and Epistles), so we should not associate spiritually with them.

Examples of God preventing one religion:

• Romans 11:25 (NIV)

25 I do not want you to be ignorant of this mystery, brothers and sisters, so that you may not be conceited: Israel has experienced a hardening in part until the full number of the Gentiles has come in,

• Deuteronomy 29:4 (NIV)

4 But to this day the Lord has not given you a mind that understands or eyes that see or ears that hear.

• Isaiah 29:10 (NIV)

10 The Lord has brought over you a deep sleep:
            He has sealed your eyes (the prophets);
            he has covered your heads (the seers).

Ergo, there is no one religion. God could have willed us to be one religion, but He didn't. Some Jews are over there denying Jesus, and some Jews are over here accepting the prophesied Messiah. And then there are a bunch of cults, which in line with the false prophet religions mentioned above in Deut 13:2-3, suggests to me that it is YHWH sending them on purpose to test our loyalty. Will the Christians be led astray by a prophet that rises up amongst them, claiming to be a Christian, despite that prophet denying My Commands, My Prophecy, My Written Word that came prior to said prophet? or will they follow after this new thing that denies My previous Words? Some I will blind and lead astray. Others will be in the truth. We will still have to give an account for why we chose what we did even if He leads us astray / fell for the deception (is it not because they refuse to believe what is written? like the Pharisees and Sadducees who kept denying Jesus despite having access to the same Scriptures? They read the verses about resurrection and angels, but the Sadduccees totally denied the existence of both; and the Pharisees denied Jesus as Messiah despite Him carrying out the prophecies as they were written).

• John 12:37-41 (NIV)

37 Even after Jesus had performed so many signs in their presence, they still would not believe in him. 38 This was to fulfill the word of Isaiah the prophet:

“Lord, who has believed our message
              and to whom has the arm of the Lord been revealed?”[a]

39 For this reason they could not believe, because, as Isaiah says elsewhere:

40 “He has blinded their eyes
            and hardened their hearts,
        so they can neither see with their eyes,
            nor understand with their hearts,
            nor turn—and I would heal them.”[b]

41 Isaiah said this because he saw Jesus’ glory and spoke about him.

Footnotes:

a. John 12:38 Isaiah 53:1
        b. John 12:40 Isaiah 6:10

God opened Isaiah's eyes. But God led the Pharisees astray.

He guides whom He wills. And leads others astray.

And they will have to give account for it (suggesting to me that they have something to do with why they were hardened in the first place: did we accept or reject God's divine revelation and written testimony?).

---

6. Surah 35:8

Quran:

• Surah 35:8 SAHIH INTERNATIONAL

Then is one to whom the evil of his deed has been made attractive so he considers it good [like one rightly guided]? For indeed, Allah sends astray whom He wills and guides whom He wills. So do not let yourself perish over them in regret. Indeed, Allah is Knowing of what they do.

Bible:

• 1 Kings 22:23-24 (NIV)

23 “So now the Lord has put a deceiving spirit in the mouths of all these prophets of yours. The Lord has decreed disaster for you.”

24 Then Zedekiah son of Kenaanah went up and slapped Micaiah in the face. “Which way did the spirit from[a] the Lord go when he went from me to speak to you?” he asked.

Footnotes:

a. 1 Kings 22:24 Or Spirit of

God leads astray and all the while, the person thinks they're pursuing the right thing (if, however, they would check God's Law, what's read from Moses' seat, then it should have been obvious that they're pursuing the wrong thing and advising wrongly; Zedekiah was one of Ahab's prophets, and Ahab's reign was full of idolatry. How, in his right mind, does Zedekiah prophesy success for this guy? He should have been prophesying judgment from God because that is what the Law says will happen).

• Deuteronomy 30:17-18 (NIV)

17 But if your heart turns away and you are not obedient, and if you are drawn away to bow down to other gods and worship them, 18 I declare to you this day that you will certainly be destroyed. You will not live long in the land you are crossing the Jordan to enter and possess.

• Isaiah 8:20 (KJV)

20 To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.

Whether we love God's Commands or the sayings of a so-called prophet/man of God/religious man: it will be proven.

In whom and in what do we place our trust: man's words (commentaries and spiritual opinions) or God's Law (and thus God Himself)?

Since Jesus was all about obeying the latter (Matthew 23:1-3; Matthew 15:1-9), then if we follow His example, we won't be led astray. We won't fall for the deception. Ergo, Jesus is the Way, the Truth and the Life, because it doesn't negate the Father's words. If someone nullifies the Father, then they have no understanding and will be led astray. God orchestrates something to lead you astray, knowing you don't confide in His word. But those who do confide in His word won't fall for the deception.

---

7. Surah 57:22

Quran:

• Surah 57:22 SAHIH INTERNATIONAL

No disaster strikes upon the earth or among yourselves except that it is in a register before We bring it into being - indeed that, for Allah , is easy -

Disaster...? as in "natural disaster" (hurricane, hailstorms, earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, etc)...? war / terrorism (the disaster "among yourselves")?

God does stir it up.

Bible:

• Isaiah 45:7 (NIV)

7 I form the light and create darkness,
            I bring prosperity and create disaster;
            I, the Lord, do all these things.

• 2 Chronicles 15:6 (NIV)

6 One nation was being crushed by another and one city by another, because God was troubling them with every kind of distress.

I can't provide a verse that specially supports "ALL disasters are already registered before they happen"), but the Holy Spirit brings a verse to mind about a man's life:

• Psalm 139:16 (NIV)

16 Your eyes saw my unformed body;
            all the days ordained for me were written in your book
            before one of them came to be.

If He has all of man's days registered / recorded (like some movie script), then wouldn't the natural disasters (and wars) of that movie be scripted too? God, knowing beforehand how we, as individuals, would choose (given the right knowledge and the opportunity to sin / refrain from sin, plus knowing the necessary suffering we would need to experience to either get us to repent or be destroyed in our obstinate ways), writes it all down, then presses play.

• Psalm 119:67 (NIV)

67 Before I was afflicted I went astray,
              but now I obey your word.

• Revelation 9:20-21 (NIV)

20 The rest of mankind who were not killed by these plagues still did not repent of the work of their hands; they did not stop worshiping demons, and idols of gold, silver, bronze, stone and wood—idols that cannot see or hear or walk. 21 Nor did they repent of their murders, their magic arts, their sexual immorality or their thefts.

Thus why we will still have to give an account for why we chose the way we did—because it wasn't God choosing for us, forcing us, into a role of righteous or wicked. We chose. He, being outside of time, simply saw the end and wrote it down for us...this one is going to react this way, so I'll use him for that...

And about disasters being written down already, actually, is that not what all the prophecies in the Bible are? nation will rise against nation? earthquakes? hail and fire raining down from the sky mixed with blood? Jesus opening the seals, of a written scroll, so nations start fighting one another? angels pouring out bowls of wrath to kill us? That sounds like disasters that have been written down already and will happen according to what was written. Why wouldn't He have all those disasters written down already? Why is this verse being included here?

All of that to say, what the verse in the Quran is actually saying has nothing to do with God making people sin, lol. The lie is how Ham [and in regard to this topic, Wendling and Shayesteh] chose to summarize this and include it into the list.

The last two of the nine surahs will not be comparisons. Their inclusion is just plain irrelevant.
---

8. Surah 74:31

• Surah 74:31 SAHIH INTERNATIONAL

And We have not made the keepers of the Fire except angels. And We have not made their number except as a trial for those who disbelieve - that those who were given the Scripture will be convinced and those who have believed will increase in faith and those who were given the Scripture and the believers will not doubt and that those in whose hearts is hypocrisy and the disbelievers will say, "What does Allah intend by this as an example?" Thus does Allah leave astray whom He wills and guides whom He wills. And none knows the soldiers of your Lord except Him. And mention of the Fire is not but a reminder to humanity.

This verse is exactly what this exercise is proving: hypocrisy and disbelievers even amongst those who profess faith in God. How can they be saying, "this verse contradicts the God of the Bible", when the very word of God has identical statements? What they're proving is their unfamiliarity with the Bible (at best) or disbelief of the Bible (at worst).

And nothing here suggests God is making anyone sin.

---

9. Surah 91:7-9

• Surah 91:7-9 SAHIH INTERNATIONAL

7 And [by] the soul and He who proportioned it

8 And inspired it [with discernment of] its wickedness and its righteousness,

9 He has succeeded who purifies it,

This verse is saying that God has given a person discernment so they can tell the difference between what is wicked and righteous...

I do not see why they included this verse as evidence that God inspires sin in a person because He gave us discernment to know what in us was wicked... question

/End Quote

Notice it was verbatim the same exact thing I had to expose in Ham's article. Why are you posting articles repeating the same error? Same story with the other verses paraphrased in error that I already corrected.

But note, this one is just intellectually dishonest, and one I don't think I addressed:

Quote:
Contrast the Muslim belief that all will enter hell with the Bible’s teaching that only Satan, the demons, and the unsaved will enter hell (2 Peter 2:4; Revelation 20:15).

Depends on which "hell" we're talking about Biblically: Hades (the realm of the dead, translated as "hell") or Gehenna (lake of fire, also translated as "hell")...? All the dead go to Hades (the realm of the dead) / temporary hell, not every person gets thrown into Gehenna (permanent hell, where, at end times, the devil gets cast into).

And it's irrelevant to cite 2 Peter 2:4 which talks about Tartarus (also translated as "hell" here, but is where the rebellious angels—minus Satan—are currently imprisoned, this isn't Gehenna the lake of fire).

---

But the rest of the paraphrasings, and concepts they allude to, of what was erroneous, have been exposed for the error that they are (in the above topics) already, and yet AiG keeps on repeating them (and you continue posting them). I wouldn't provide the guild with another defective article promoting the same exposed untruths, that ill-equips believers (leaves them naked really), and sets them up for failure, to be uncovered as ignorant by anyone who knows their Quran (or doesn't know the Quran but looks up the verse).

And it's flat out an embarrassment and insult to God to promote such articles when the Bible conveys identical concepts elsewhere, and thus they're ignorantly speaking against verses in both the Old and New Testament that echo the same idea (as I tediously went through in those other topics [and the topics that they link to] providing their Biblical equivalent). Articles like these are fig trees with no fruit: they do not provide any benefit to whomever looks to them for sustenance, alleviation, satisfaction. They do not sustain the truth.

Denying Jesus' deity, denying Jesus' death by crucifixion, and consequently, denying His resurrection from the dead on the third day, is where we differ on big time WITH THE QURAN (for what it literally says, as opposed to Islam's doctrines interpreted off of Quranic verses and hadiths [like many Christian sects exist who don't agree with what is written / in what is claimed to be divinely inspired but side with religious commentary over YHWH's Words]) and thus are areas where the Quran legitimately gets anti-Christ. Thus why I would never associate/yoke myself to a Muslim, based on what the Quran literally says (on top of what their many religions say), but regardless of that, this erroneous paraphrasing (and our posting of [and linking to] such false paraphrasing) has to stop.

The reason Muslims are having so much success is because we refuse to teach on those Biblical equivalent verses from the Judeo-Christian Scripture entrusted to the Jews. And when we refuse to teach on a certain truth that YHWH revealed, then He raises up an opposing group who is willing to do so, and do so as it is written (at least in that area).

• Matthew 21:43 (NIV)

43 “Therefore I tell you that the kingdom of God will be taken away from you and given to a people who will produce its fruit.

A chapter, by the way, with an overarching theme of, "the religious / spiritual authority (e.g. high priest, scribes, elders and the Pharisees) in charge of teaching Holy Writ being ignorant of what is written in it and giving off this false appearance that they know" (emphasis on verses 12-46). emotion_sweatdrop

I'm at a loss for why you continue posting these things when the overwhelming amount of what was said is erring and how they're doing so has already been brought to your attention (same arguments/same paraphrases, same error).

cristobela
Vice Captain

The Bible

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces