Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Suggestions & feedback
Invitation feedback

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:39 am
person
No, not interested I don't believe in the same faith you do, don't pm me with this crap

me
You will not receive any more invitations.

person
Better not, because I don't approve of homophobes, I took a peek at the guild and did not approve of the "message" you send, this is not what a christian does. It is not up to them to judge others, it is up to God and you are not God. Love has no gender. They aren't hurting anyone, that's like saying you're going to hell for believing in God, leave them alone, let them love stop hate crimes on them, God is about love not hate.

People like you and the ones in your so called "christian bible" guild make me feel sick to my stomach, I don't like hurting those who are in love, My best friend is gay and has been attacked by a*****e teens (who claimed they were christian) threatened her and assaulted her, love is not a sin, LGBTQA has every right to love as you or I do.

Hate me all you like, but I fully support LGBTQA, And F.Y.I. I am asexual so you have come to the wrong christian to talk to about joining your so called guild, spread the word all you like but leave us out of it, we don't hurt anyone we deserve to be accepted and shouldn't have to be scared of our sexualities, Making fun of others and judging them is not what christians do, no you are not serving God you twist his words to your use to humiliate and insult someone and make us feel like we should be ashamed of ourselves.It is people like you that make us scared to come out you are the ones who should be ashamed not us, God is the final judgement Leave us alone, we will leave you alone

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:51 pm
Another PM with the title 'Reported for harassment' from the same

person
When i tell you not to invite me to this stupid crap, it means don't have your "friends" harass me with it, I do not appreciate this crap it is stupid leave me alone

I was blocked before I could reply. No contact had been made on my part beyond my initial PM, or as far as I know from any of my friends since I have kept the persons username to myself. Just letting you know in case Gaia decides to believe that I or someone else is harassing the person on the guild's behalf and shuts down the guild.  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

cristobela
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:18 pm
For the record: I didn't speak to—nor hear about—this user either.

And further for the record: asexuality has nothing to do with what the Bible condemns or that we discuss against in this guild...considering the Bible says it's okay to stay single, even preferred over marriage. Marriage, which is between a man and a woman Biblically, according to YHWH, is for those who burn with passion/lust, and those have trouble with self-control. He/She clearly doesn't burn. So, why would anon not stay celibate and single as Scripture prescribes? neutral

• 1 Corinthians 7:1-9 (NIV)

7 Now for the matters you wrote about: “It is good for a man not to have sexual relations with a woman.” 2 But since sexual immorality is occurring, each man should have sexual relations with his own wife, and each woman with her own husband. 3 The husband should fulfill his marital duty to his wife, and likewise the wife to her husband. 4 The wife does not have authority over her own body but yields it to her husband. In the same way, the husband does not have authority over his own body but yields it to his wife. 5 Do not deprive each other except perhaps by mutual consent and for a time, so that you may devote yourselves to prayer. Then come together again so that Satan will not tempt you because of your lack of self-control. 6 I say this as a concession, not as a command. 7 I wish that all of you were as I am. But each of you has your own gift from God; one has this gift, another has that.

8 Now to the unmarried[a] and the widows I say: It is good for them to stay unmarried, as I do. 9 But if they cannot control themselves, they should marry, for it is better to marry than to burn with passion.

Footnotes:

a. 1 Corinthians 7:8 Or widowers

• Matthew 19:4-12 (NIV)

4 “Haven’t you read,” he replied, “that at the beginning the Creator ‘made them male and female,’[a] 5 and said, ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh’[b]? 6 So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.”

7 “Why then,” they asked, “did Moses command that a man give his wife a certificate of divorce and send her away?”

8 Jesus replied, “Moses permitted you to divorce your wives because your hearts were hard. But it was not this way from the beginning. 9 I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another woman commits adultery.”

10 The disciples said to him, “If this is the situation between a husband and wife, it is better not to marry.”

11 Jesus replied, “Not everyone can accept this word, but only those to whom it has been given. 12 For there are eunuchs who were born that way, and there are eunuchs who have been made eunuchs by others—and there are those who choose to live like eunuchs for the sake of the kingdom of heaven. The one who can accept this should accept it.”

Footnotes:

a. Matthew 19:4 Gen. 1:27
        b. Matthew 19:5 Gen. 2:24

Eunuchs don't marry nor have sex—whether they are born with defective genitals (thus something not sought by them), have been physically castrated/willfully impaired by others (again not sought by them), or merely living like one who has been. So, again, why would anyone, who believes the Bible, condemn him/her for asexuality?

What anon seems to be doing—of his or herself, without prompting from us nor the Bible—is trying to equate two things as equal under YHWH's Law when they aren't viewed the same at all (asexuality and homosexuality).

And he/she seems to be alluding to the Biblical passages that call those who support what God condemns as being just as bad as those who practice them, a chapter in which YHWH calls same sex lust "shameful lusts" (though celibacy and asexuality is not the lust that is being described as shameful; same sex lusts are—and by Scripture, not self-derived opinions and false paraphrasing/Bible-twisting).

Thus, anon is in disagreement with the Bible itself at that point, despite calling himself/herself a Christian, and is bringing that to our attention, but makes it seem like whoever flat-out quoted these Scriptures to him/her (in recent days or throughout his / her lifetime as a Christian) is twisting the Bible...?

• Romans 1:26-32 (NIV)

26 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. 27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.

28 Furthermore, just as they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, so God gave them over to a depraved mind, so that they do what ought not to be done. 29 They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, 30 slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; 31 they have no understanding, no fidelity, no love, no mercy. 32 Although they know God’s righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them.

If anyone outside the guild quoted those passages to him/her IRL, in PM or in the public forums—I don't know the context of how he/she was invited nor by whom, and what conversations went down nor when (but he/she assumed or makes it seem like it was from this guild)—regardless, whoever it was that communicated with him/her would not be twisting anything, just straight-up quoting from the Bible >_>; (assuming anyone did quote the Bible to him or her)... emotion_sweatdrop

Whatever the case: he/she is speaking unwarranted allegations against the Bible (and us) as it concerns asexuality and how we treat homosexuals. And seems to be equating other Christians, which he/she has dealt with IRL, who had beat up his/her friends, to us—just because our guild is based on the Bible...? and anon doesn't understand that if this were based on YHWH's Law, those friends of his/hers would have been stoned to death by a Sanhedrin in a nation that submits to YHWH's Law as the law of the land, not by us, at the testimony of two to three truthful witnesses by the courts (again, not random beating, but lawful procedures and capital punishment if prosecuted).

He/She is all kinds of unaware—concerning Scripture, the Law, and the power of God to deliver us from what He calls shameful lusts and deceitful desires, a large part of the reason why we come to Jesus in the first place, and what we discuss in this guild.

• Matthew 22:29 (NIV)

29 Jesus replied, “You are in error because you do not know the Scriptures or the power of God.

• Colossians 2:11 (NIV)

11 In him you were also circumcised with a circumcision not performed by human hands. Your whole self ruled by the flesh[a] was put off when you were circumcised by[b] Christ,

Footnotes:

a. Colossians 2:11 In contexts like this, the Greek word for flesh (sarx) refers to the sinful state of human beings, often presented as a power in opposition to the Spirit; also in verse 13.

b. Colossians 2:11 Or put off in the circumcision of

• Galatians 5:16-17 (NIV)

16 So I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh. 17 For the flesh desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the flesh. They are in conflict with each other, so that you are not to do whatever[a] you want.

Footnotes:

a. Galatians 5:17 Or you do not do what

• Ezekiel 36:27 (NIV)

27 And I will put my Spirit in you and move you to follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws.

• Romans 8:7-9 (NIV)

7 The mind governed by the flesh is hostile to God; it does not submit to God’s law, nor can it do so. 8 Those who are in the realm of the flesh cannot please God.

9 You, however, are not in the realm of the flesh but are in the realm of the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, they do not belong to Christ.

• Galatians 5:24-25 (NIV)

24 Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. 25 Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit.

• Romans 8:13 (NIV)

13 For if you live according to the flesh, you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the misdeeds of the body, you will live.

• Ephesians 4:22-24 (NIV)

22 You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; 23 to be made new in the attitude of your minds; 24 and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness.

If anon finds it repulsive to submit to the Word of God and His Commands, the instructions He gave to guard the well-being of our bodily organs and emotions, even repulsed to utter agreement with it, but instead expresses agreement with the deceitful desires of the flesh (e.g. same-sex lusts), then I don't see how he/she can call themselves a Christian, a follower of Christ, of the Word of God. He/She is exposing themselves as a hater of the Word of God.

May no one make the mistake: anyone who agrees with the Commands is not the one hating on the Bible / twisting the Bible's words. And the Bible does not call eunuchs/celibates/those who live like eunuchs shameful, though it does to those who pursue same sex lusts. A guild based on learning the Bible, will quote the Bible, and because we trust in its documented claims as believers, we will agree with the Bible. neutral

This is tomfoolery on anon's part.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:20 pm
Garland-Green

You did nothing wrong. Gaia won't ban the guild especially because you never directly said anything wrong to this person. You didn't damn them to hell, you didn't use profanity, and you didn't use any personal attacks to this person. If any thing they did. But, you will get a warning about gaia's policy and having to be tolerant "blah blah blah". But no, you are completely within your rights.  

Scarlet Puppet

Hardworking Raider

12,700 Points
  • Battery 500
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Buggin' 500

OtakuKat

Moonlight Healer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:08 pm
Almost sounds like this person is the one who needs reporting.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:25 am
Scarlet Puppet
Garland-Green

You did nothing wrong. Gaia won't ban the guild especially because you never directly said anything wrong to this person. You didn't damn them to hell, you didn't use profanity, and you didn't use any personal attacks to this person. If any thing they did. But, you will get a warning about gaia's policy and having to be tolerant "blah blah blah". But no, you are completely within your rights.

It could be that it was just an elaborate attempt at trolling too, and that the person did not report me. I have gotten warnings before on this account. I think I probably deserved it back then.  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:27 am
OtakuKat

Perhaps, but I am going to see what happens with the report the person claimed to have sent in before I decide to do anything.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:32 pm
Garland-Green
OtakuKat

Perhaps, but I am going to see what happens with the report the person claimed to have sent in before I decide to do anything.

I doubt anything big will happen, although it is wise to wait just in case.  

OtakuKat

Moonlight Healer

Suggestions & feedback

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces