Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply News with a Christian perspective
Minister: Israel Will Now Act to Reestablish Jewish

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:44 am
Sovereignty Over Temple Mount
By Abra Forman July 18, 2017 , 12:30 pm

The Islamic Waqf’s jurisdiction over the Temple Mount is over and Israel will now work to reestablish Jewish sovereignty over the holy site, said Knesset Member Avi Dichter (Likud) on Tuesday.

“Israel is the sovereign on the Temple Mount, period. The fact that the Waqf became a sovereign on the Temple Mount ended last Friday,” declared Dichter, chairman of the Knesset Foreign Affairs and Defense Committee and former head of the Israel Security Agency (Shin Bet), on Israeli public radio, Israel National News reported.

Read more: link  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:25 pm
I'm not sure how to react to this.

On the one hand, if they don't truly adhere to the Commands of God (what the verse in Zechariah, at the beginning of the article, is calling them to do), cross referencing with Exodus, then I don't expect the favor of God to be on them...

• Zechariah 6:15 (WEB)

15 Those who are far off shall come and build in Yahweh’s temple; and you shall know that Yahweh of Armies has sent me to you. This will happen, if you will diligently obey Yahweh your God’s voice.”’”[a]

Footnotes:

a. Zechariah 6:15 The Hebrew word rendered “God” is “אֱלֹהִ֑ים” (Elohim).

• Exodus 15:26 (WEB)

26 and he said, “If you will diligently listen to Yahweh your God’s voice, and will do that which is right in his eyes, and will pay attention to his commandments, and keep all his statutes, I will put none of the diseases on you, which I have put on the Egyptians; for I am Yahweh who heals you.”

Israel isn't doing this, so...I'm not hopeful based on whatever plans they have.

Yet, on the other hand, a temple will be reconstructed—if Revelation 11 is true (and it is). But clearly parts of the temple won't be under the control of the holy nation of God.

• Revelation 11:1-2 (NIV)

11 I was given a reed like a measuring rod and was told, “Go and measure the temple of God and the altar, with its worshipers. 2 But exclude the outer court; do not measure it, because it has been given to the Gentiles. They will trample on the holy city for 42 months.

Rebuilding the temple and having control of it is not going to happen entirely in the way that they think (driving out all Muslim control?) question We'll see.

Side note: the above prophecy from Revelation 11 is not referring to the present-day Muslim nations' control over the Temple Mount since they've already had control over the Temple Mount for centuries.

Since 1757 a status quo has been applied for the ruling of the Holy places in Jerusalem.[80]

The situation between Jews and Muslims was confirmed in 1919 and Faisal–Weizmann Agreement concluded that:

Article V. No regulation nor law shall be made prohibiting or interfering with the free exercise of religion; (...)
        Article VI. The Mohammedan Holy Places shall be under Mohammedan control.[81]

source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temple_Mount#Status_quo

So, whatever happens, according to Revelation 11, Israel is not going to have full control of the rebuilt temple, in the way they proclaim or is insinuated in this article, at least not of its outer courtyard for 42 months like Revelation 11 prophesies.

cristobela
Vice Captain

News with a Christian perspective

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces