Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:26 am
The catch up had been perhaps the only bad thing that G’lin could remember that came from impressing the green that he sat on the shoulders of. As if knowing he was thinking of her, Neiveth gently turned her head back to look at him, thrumming in approval. Her eyes whirled, the affection palpable and he reached out with one gloved hand to run it along one eye ridge. It hadn’t been a particularly long venture – gliding from her perch out towards the Weyrling barracks wasn’t an adventure after all – but still, sand brushed up around them as they landed. Mine! Neiveth barely had to start her protest of being dirty before G’lin was there, gently brushing offending sand off of her sides and chest. It wasn’t perfect, but he only stopped once the green dictated that she was presentable enough. Her appreciation thrummed when even without a request, he checked over the riding straps to make sure nothing had twisted to leave her uncomfortable.

Only once certain her every immediate need was attended to, he gently poked his head inside of the men’s barracks to see if he could spot the young man who had impressed the dark green from up in the Stands. Perhaps it was because it had been a green that V’tre had stuck out to him with interest, but G’lin felt it only right to check in. He had knowledge to impart, and frankly…. Frankly Neiveth was ready to walk right in after him. I want to see the little ones! she crooned as she looked about to see who was there.

Shinosbee

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:10 pm
V'tre had been....adjusting. It was a vastly different life, this one he'd been thrust into at the behest of a tiny perfect green dragonet. Sure, he'd had his smithing lessons before at the hold, had chores and tasks to do to stay busy and out of trouble, but this...this was a lot! The work was not what he was used to, and there were rules and social cues he was all but oblivious to that made them all the harder. People were much more open in some ways, and far more rigid in others. Being young meant learning was still easy and mostly fun, but it was also just...exhausting.

Thanoth helped. More than anyone could possibly know, but somehow she did, and that was part of why it helped so much. They were linked, connected in a way he'd never imagined before and his every thought she knew, and everything she felt he did too. Neither of them ever needed to explain a single thing about what they were doing or why. He could have spent hours happily just slung about her, talking or thinking or existing. Apparently as a greenrider he was worth less notice than most, something of a new development he'd become aware of, and the implications seemed to be just out of his reach, though they left him somewhat wondering.

Of course, wondering would have to wait! Someone'd come into the barracks, which in itself wasn't unusual...but it was a man, and behind him was the clear head of a green! One that seemed highly eager to try to push past him if she could. "Lookin' for someone?" He chirped (though he couldn't stop the crack of his voice from making it sound more like a squeal) from where he'd been perched at one of the low benches with Thanoth draped across him like a shawl or blanket. She too had perked up at the arrival of another green, eyes whirling a chipper, almost mischievous shade of olive.

demon_pachabel

ShinosBee

Nerd

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:00 pm
Look look! Neiveth bumped the tip of her snout into the small of her soulmate's back, half trilling as she knocked him forward. Say hello, Gwyndolin! Say hello for me and you and oh look! LOOK! her eyes whirled with greens and blues as she turned her head to admire the small boy and the even smaller green that he practically wore. The pale haired man turned to look back to his green, gently patting a hand against her forehead. Patience, love. I can speak more easily with my tongue when it is not being knocked out of my mouth. It wasn't chiding, perhaps, but Neiveth seemed to rumble briefly with displeasure at having been derided for her eagerness. Whatever unhappiness she bore, however, was dissipated when G'lin nodded towards V'tre.

"I'm G'lin of Neiveth," he introduced, one hand easily finding the ridge of the green's eye without even looking as she crooned delightedly behind her chosen prince. "I came looking for the young man who impressed a rather lovely," Beautiful and Smart! Neiveth interjected to both boy and dragon as if in correction of G'lin's choice of words. He half nodded, leaning into one shoulder with a partial shrug, easily accepting this as normal behaviour. "Beautiful and smart, he repeated with some humor in his voice, "green from the Stands." Though it was obvious it was less of an inquiry as to which young man that was, and more of a round about way of saying that, "I believe you know who that is," he added with a half-smile of jest.

The good ones hide in the Stands. Neiveth again offered, helpfully as she looked over the pair, already half-barged in as she shifted around her rider, who was very much in the way as far as she was concerned, to look at the two Weyrlings.

ShinosBee

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:38 am
V'tre couldn't hide his snort of laughter either when the man's green all but shoved him in through the door. Thanoth's tail was twisting about wildly, her wings twitching around him like a cape in her amusement. She liked this green! She was very pretty, also, she was eager to alert her boy. V'tre reached up, half shoving her tiny wedge-shaped head away, as her huffing breaths were mussing his hair and tickling his ear something fierce. She chittered right back in response, butting more firmly against him. Of course they do! The rest just aren't half as clever, standing about in the open for anyone to consider. We've the best taste.. With a light thump the green slid from where she sat to the floor, finding her claws as easily as any feline and trotting right on over to the visitors. V'tre, of course, was only a step behind, as if tethered to her by an invisible cord.

"Nice to meet you, G'lin, Neiveth!" He really did seem glad about it. Weyr life was different, hard, traumatizing in some ways, but he'd made so many friends already. Those that didn't mind his green, at least. Those that didn't he'd have had a problem with if Thanoth hadn't been so completely unbothered. They'd just make friends with the right sort of people, of course! "I'm Vitre—" V'tre! "—Right, V'tre! And Thanoth is the smartest green of the batch." He was biased, but who wouldn't be? "I still sometimes expect to wake up and it'll be the day before the hatching. Some silly dream me an' Nebbi came up with. Hmph!" The green turned to butt her head against him again, nipping his fingers just hard enough to hurt.

Can't be a dream, see? Tell him, Neiveth, we always know what we're doing when we pick our boys. You got a good one too, probably, I think! The smaller green eyed G'lin, then warbled with approval. Another stands boy, of course he'd be pretty good!

demon_pachabel

ShinosBee

Nerd

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:05 am
G'lin grinned as the boy introduced both himself and his newly bonded. Neiveth leaned in, looking at the boy, then gently bumping the end of her snout against Thanoth. Of course she is the smartest of the batch. Everybody else passed up on such a fine boy! And how silly that was. She leaned into her bonded, barely asserting any pressure on the boy when he reached up and gently stroked a hand over the side of her neck. It was almost second instinct now to find the sweet spots she wanted him to tend to.

"I know some riders who say they have nightmares even after several years that it was all a mistake and their dragon has left them for another. You're not alone in that, at least." G'lin assured. "Even I sometimes think I'm being pestered awake by one of my sisters back home and not by-" The most beautiful creature in the world. Silly. As if I would have made a mistake - or that yours would have made a mistake. Certainly he wasn't ready at all for me, but that meant I got to make sure he was perfect. They sometimes forget to teach these boys the best things when they're teaching candidates. The green seemed to huff, as if offended by this unspecified slight and G'lin pat the side of her neck. Hey now. I did alright, didn't I? he reminded and she trilled lightly at the assurances.

"How are you handling the catch-up? I had to do it too, since I had only been at the Weyr to help with the Hatching Feast." Not to end up getting the partake in it. "I was about your age too, actually." I wasn't about to let one of my brothers take him. They would have squandered away the good parts. Or leave him without me to guide him? Oh, that would have been no good. Waste of a perfect boy. Not our faults the Searchriders missed them.

ShinosBee

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:28 pm
Oh, Thanoth LIKED Neiveth. She was perfectly clever, and a hoot too, making the smaller green squeak with a wheezing sort of dragon laugh. She reared up when her snout was booped, bracing her front claws gently on the larger lady's nose. She wasn't nearly big enough to ride atop, as mother had been, but...well. She shoved off with a little oomph, twisting around her boy's legs like an oversized feline. the training seems alright so far, but it's hysterical how seriously they all take it. V'tre wants to do well, but we ARE just a green pair. No one will mind if we have more fun, as long as we do our part. Calling them 'just' a green pair was a bit of a joke for Thanoth. She had none of her siblings' drive to climb the ranks, or change the status quo, but she enjoyed being out of the eye of scrutiny.

While her big brown and bronze siblings were being assessed, she could do whatever she liked!

"It's not too bad. Mom always said I was a quick learner, and I could already read and write, which helped. It's a lot...more than at the Weyr...lessons ended there. Here it's from waking up 'til bed time. Not that I mind. Most of it's for her, so of course I'm keen t'do it." He patted the green at his side, and she gently (this time) took his hand between her jaws to squeeze it lightly. "At least I don't have whatever lessons they keep dragging poor Alumet off to. she always looks tired or stressed or full of busy thoughts after!" Which of course made sense. Goldriders, even baby ones, had to learn a lot of important things to one day help run the weyr. thankfully that sort of responsibility would never fall to their shoulders to carry.

demon_pachabel

ShinosBee

Nerd

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:02 am
Just a green pair? Neiveth seemed amused by this statement, though it was something that she knew too well. She nudged G'lin with her shoulder as Thanoth moved to twine up her bonded and again his hand moved to the unspoken bid spot to offer a ginger rub. Being a green automatically means you're going to have more fun. I get to cuddle up with darn well everybody. Neiveth trilled at the notion. Unless they're no fun, but then why would I want to? There was no point in pursuing the attention of a boy that only had eyes for a gold, after all.

But clearly the rest were all hers.

"Oh, yeah. Hm. I actually wouldn't know much about that. We had a few bronzes but not a Queen." Yet as he said it, Neiveth nudged his back so hard he nearly fell over. Clearly there had been one, she just hadn't been gold, thank you very much. "I actually think Alumet is the first Goldrider I've seen impress since I've been here...though that isn't an impressive amount of time, so..." G'lin's smile was a little crooked in an awkward way, but clearly he was doing his best. "But I'm glad to hear you're doing well. I admit I felt a certain kinship to your situation so I wanted to be sure."

ShinosBee

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:47 pm
V'tre nodded, still minding Thanoth at his side. "Still longer than us, that's for sure. She's alright. Alumet, I mean. Friendly! But busy." She'd honestly seemed to be taking things more seriously lately. Maybe responsibility was kicking in, or something. He had no idea the sorts of stuff she might have gotten up to before the hatching, but from the others he got the sense that seeing her sort of 'settle down' into the role of goldrider was something to behold. Thanoth lightly worried his hand with her teeth again, adding, Zenobiath made a good choice. For all her worrying, everything turned out fine. She got her girl, and Elzebuth got his boy, and all of it. As if we could ever pick wrong! He nodded, agreeing entirely, though it left him somewhat spaced out for a moment before he could refocus on what G'lin was saying. Talking with his mind was still so weird!

"Yeah. I was...well. It's good to know that I'm not like, the only one it's happened to. Did you feel really...like really alone too, at first? I mean, aside from Neiveth?" Thanoth was crooning against him. She really did think that the choice should be obvious. She'd needed him, so that made him hers. He wasn't still sad, right? Of course he wasn't, he reassured her with a swat on the flank to send her beck to the bigger green. She perched between Neiveth's claws, looking up up up at her. Has yours gotten used to here yet? mine keeps thinking of someplace else, and I know he misses people there, but he won't go, of course. Do you have good ways to distract him? I could knock him over in the sand and sit on him, perhaps....

demon_pachabel

ShinosBee

Nerd

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:06 am
"It isn't common, but it isn't unheard of." G'lin confirmed. Shards, it had happened twice in that last Hatching, which perhaps was more unusual. "I'm not sure if 'alone' is the word I would use for how it felt," the light haired boy (truly, he was younger than some of the new Weyrlings) put his hands on his hips as he spoke, a small sigh causing his shoulders to slope as he thought it over. "I felt like a little kid learning to hunt again, following my dad through the trees and struggling to try and understand why he was taking steps he already knew. Everybody was so far ahead of me, that catching up and keeping up at the same time was a learning curve." Even S'rse had been there for a few months by the time they were chosen by Soltoth. "But I'll be here for anything you need."

As Thanoth moved to settle between her feet, Neiveth easily settled into a half-laying position. Every Rider I have seen not born to the Weyr thinks of somewhere else from time to time - though not all fondly. Even my dear Gwyndolin finds himself thinking of the forests he and his family hunted through after all this time. She turned her head to look towards her chosen Knight and he glanced back at her. I am sure your boy would love to be sat upon - I made mine carry me and now he has strong arms. A single glance at G'lin would make this questionable at the very least. He didn't look to have a lot of muscle at all. You are his distraction from all those woes. Find pieces of his home that can push his loneliness away - mine wrote letters and when I was first beginning to hunt out beyond the Weyr, I took Gwyndolin with me.

She looked over V'tre, as if trying to assess him by the standards a human would have - what did it look like the boy enjoyed doing? He said he was lonely - or at least felt alone. Perhaps we should find some suitable friends for yours. I fullheartedly offer up Mine. You can ask me to bring him by whenever you like. G'lin again looked back at Neiveth - not as if he'd heard, but as if he'd suddenly just known she was up to something.

ShinosBee
I just have this mental image of G'lin being dropped from the sky as an express delivery.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:59 am
It was all just so difficult. A big transition, so much had changed so fast! Almost the entire time V'tre was too busy, too overwhelmed to remember to be lonely or to really sit back and worry over things he'd left behind. It was truly a rare moment that he let his mind and heart wander, but because the topic had specifically come up, it made him think about it. "It does keep me busy. I don't have to do some of it though—I know how to write and all that, and some of the older boys and girls don't." That was a relief. His plate was so full already. "Most of the time I just don't know what to ask? I don't know what it is I don't know, since I wasn't here as a candidate. I think I'm doing okay though." He hadn't gotten into trouble at least.

"It's good to know I have you as a friend though. I can say that, right? That we're friends?" He hoped so. V'tre partly hadn't realized how much socialization he needed to be content, or how much of that need he'd filled with Nebbi. Thanoth was more than enough in some regards, but he had always, always been the type to need quantity as well as quality.

I'd like that, I think. I know I'd like to see you more too! The larger green was just so clever and so pretty, too! I'll suggest letters to him. Maybe I'll tell him he should teach me to write! Ha! That'd be fun, and distract him until he realized I'm kidding. but who knew. Maybe dragons could write, and just no one had ever bothered to try to teach them how to hold a quill. Maybe she could dip a claw into some...what was it? Oh, ink! That might just work...

...That or she'd end up doodling scribbles all over her siblings, and that would definitely have V'tre holding his sides and laughing.

demon_pachabel

ShinosBee

Nerd

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:42 pm
"Yeah, the reading and the writing can be a bit steep sometimes..." even now G'lin was finding words he didn't recognize. It made him feel a little daft at times to have to....ask...whoops. "Honestly, as long as you are doing right by your bonded, you can kind of flub up other things while you figure other stuff out. They do tell you to put your dragon first before anything." At least he'd been told that, "Fake it til' you make it a little, I guess. I'd imagine a sharp minded little green is picking up more than you think and will always be able to help with the really important things." We do know best. Neiveth confirmed.

"Of course you can call me your friend. Neiveth and I are always just a shout-out away if you think you need us for anything, V'tre."

How could I say no to seeing you? Neiveth trilled, clearly thrilled with the development of befriending one of the new children - if the surge of contentment that G'lin felt was any indication. She had, after all, wanted to see the children so badly. Make sure he lets you sign every letter he sends at the very least. He is writing on behalf of both of you and his loved ones should also love you. If they don't, they're fools!

Or she could just splat her little foot on the middle of the page and he could write around it. Maybe it would be a thing - dragon made paintings. A niche market!

ShinosBee

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:45 pm
"Well...thanks, G'lin." V'tre honestly didn't know what to say. He'd been making friends at the weyr, but...it was just nice. He'd known SO many people at the hold. Not nearly all of them, but a lot. And comparatively the weyr seemed both crowded and empty. So many people, so many strangers. "I don't much think V'mel would like it if I just leaned out a window to yell for you, but who knows! Maybe that's one he hasn't seen before." That was unlikely, he knew even in the face of his newness to the weyr. V'mel wasn't kidding around, not with his weyrlings' behavior or anything he felt could lead to trouble. Unfortunately, trouble had been almost V'tre's middle name before...or would have been if Pernese people had last or middle names.

Thanoth couldn't help but croon up at the larger green. She was just so happy to be friends! It warmed Thanoth's heart, and she nuzzled at her larger counterpart's ankles. Of course they'll love me! I'm as sweet as a berry pie! Or I think I am. V'tre likes them fine. They'll have to love me, you're right—I don't think I could dislike anyone who loves my boy, so they'll be the same. Maybe. Probably. The green seemed to have a thought then, and ducked away, back into the barracks to clamber (noisily) up onto one of the desks. She snuffed about, rummaging and knocking pages and scrolls to the ground, before flopping back off just a beat before her rider turned to scold her.

"What about keeping her out of trouble? Any advice there? She seems to have no hesitance about doing whatever she likes...!" V'tre shook his head as his green came trotting proudly, though awkwardly back. "Thanoth...?" She was holding one front claw aloft, hopping and limping along as if she'd hurt herself. He didn't feel any pain through their bond though... A moment later the truth was made clear, as Thanoth reached Neiveth's side, and without hesitation leaned up to leave a large inky footprint on the larger one's leg.

"Thanoth...!"

demon_pachabel

ShinosBee

Nerd

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:30 pm
"I mean,, you still could I reckon," G'lin laughed at the mental image, wondering how loud the boy would have to shout for him to actually hear it. He'd be able to summon half the Weyr, probably. "Maybe! I mean, we weren't too rowdy, but I hear the Hatching was almost as exciting as the Touching so who knows. Maybe V'mel will have some more grey hair and wrinkles by the time ya'll are done with him." Maybe the whole clutch would just....scrape 10 turns off of his life. Not that he would wish ill upon the brownrider, but it was quite the set of responsibilities.

Neiveth trilled down at the smell green, leaning her head down to nudge her nose gently against the top of Thanoth's head adoringly. Oh, she liked this little green. Were the others so full of personality? They better or I'll have to set them straight! But clearly yours doesn't come from fools. she trilled sweetly and very knowingly. Hers didn't come from fools either, after all. Though they did oddly purposely avoid Hatchings after they had a surprise-theft of a kid by a dragon. Whoops. Still, she watched as interest as Thanoth toddled off, curiously kreeling after her.

G'lin reached out to rub his bonded's headknobs as if by silent command as he considered V'tre's question. "Y'know, a dragon that knows what they want isn't necessarily a bad thing," it sounded extremely trained, but he was a knight who waited hand and foot on Neiveth, so he was also a bit of a pushover. "Set some clear boundaries would be my suggestion of what is 'too far' though. Neiveth has to be reminded sometimes that we have agreements and if she oversteps them I've been given permission to reprimand her accordingly." Which meant she couldn't pout when he didn't pamper her exactly the way she was demanding.

Neiveth sent a surge of surprise through G'lin suddenly and the pale haired boy reeled around to look at her as she looked over the black splot on her leg, confusion and surprise whirling through her eyes. Oh! I've been claimed! Thanoth has claimed me, G'lin! What will I tell all of the boys? They'll be so disappointed! Clearly, she thought this was funny.

ShinosBee

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:49 pm
The idea of setting down rules for Thanoth made V'tre's nose wrinkle a bit in childish distaste. He was still entirely young enough to think of rules as hassles and not well-needed structure, and the realization that he could be the boss of anyone in that was a bit weird. Thanoth was far younger than him, but already he felt more like agemates than anything. Thanoth certainly wasn't a baby. Maybe that was why G'lin had called it an 'agreement', not a 'rule'. V'tre and Thanoth were partners, so making him the boss of her just felt wrong. "I just don't want her to get into too much trouble. I've heard some of the others say it wouldn't matter, 'cause we're just a green pair, but still. I'd hate it if she wasn't able to graduate on time." He wanted to see his family, and of course to make them proud. In his mind though, extra chores or being held back were the worst that could happen though. Moor fool him, he'd come to find one day.

Thanoth meanwhile was staring up with deep blue eyes at Neiveth. Well, they'd be right to be disappointed! I'm pretty sure that you're the prettiest green around, so I'd be disappointed too! There was something to her tone that made V'tre's brows furrow, but he shook the thought off as soon as it'd come. Thanoth herself was still so young, whatever thoughts she might be having were still innocent enough, he could tell. She really did think the other green was beautiful though. If they have a problem with it, I'll just claim them too! My own wing, all for me! Thanoth's Terrors! I like the sound of that!

The little green pushed forward to all three of them a mental image of a huge wing of dragons (almost all greens of various sizes, but that wasn't unusual for a wing anyway) flying and happy together. She herself was perched atop the head of a huge gold that was a good bit darker than her mother, but not the same as Zenobiath, as they soared. All of them had a little inky clawprint on their legs, and they all had a huge feast of chopped up meat waiting down in the weyrbowl for them. Ahhh yes, if you asked her, that was the perfect way to spend the day!

demon_pachabel

ShinosBee

Nerd

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:53 pm
"Would you look at your green and think she doesn't matter?" G'lin wasn't chiding, but his point was fairly clear. Certainly, High Reaches didn't exactly have the highest of esteem for their greens or greenriders. They certainly didn't go neglected, persay, but they didn't get handed anything either. Neiveth made sure G'lin was hyper aware of that fact too. She was, after all, very particular and if she had to try and boss around a brown or a bronze on occasion?

It had happened despite their young tenure.

"As long as she's keeping up with her fellow Weyrlings and you have your wits about you, the graduation shouldn't be a worry. I promise." Not every dragon was a strict creature, after all. Some were carefree and playful. Or they just flirted with all of their Clutchmates and let their bonded do the heavy lifting. "If she can keep up with the early flying and the basic drill training - even if you have to help - it'll be fine."

Neiveth seemed to at least entertain Thanoth's thoughts about an all green wing. It was a very endearing thought, even if unlikely. At least at High Reaches. But Neiveth wouldn't complain either way. All dragons were fairly lovely and she'd appreciate every single one of them with her bountiful capacity for love. My only change is I want a good fat herdbeast to chase instead. The rest is perfect, dear Thanoth. the older green trilled delightedly. She had quite the imagination, this one!

ShinosBee

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces