Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply News with a Christian perspective
Ken Ham Reclaims Rainbow for God With Permanent Light on Ark

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:47 pm
BY LEONARDO BLAIR , CHRISTIAN POST REPORTER
Jul 20, 2017 | 1:24 PM

Ken Ham, president of the Answers in Genesis Christian ministry that built the $100 million Ark Encounter biblical theme park in Williamstown, Kentucky, riled LGBT advocates Tuesday when he announced that they will be reclaiming the rainbow for God with permanent rainbow lights for their life-sized Noah's Ark replica.

"We now have new permanent rainbow lights at the Ark Encounter so all can see that it is God's rainbow and He determines its meaning in Genesis 6," Ham said in a statement on Facebook. "The rainbow is a reminder God will never again judge the wickedness of man with a global Flood — next time the world will be judged by fire.

Read more: link  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:38 am
Well played, Mr. Ham. Well played! wink

I know right?  

D-BoyTheFighter

Blessed Lionheart

16,775 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Fusion Expert 300

cristobela
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:56 am
edit: clarified wording
Both Ham (and whoever sided with him) and the LGBT need to heed this:

• John 7:24 (NIV)

24 Stop judging by mere appearances, but instead judge correctly.”

There's a difference between the rainbow in the sky (caused by the refraction of sunlight in the clouds/water droplets) and what Ham is doing. Maybe if there was a mist and light shining on it at the right angle to make a rainbow naturally, okay. But this is adopting white house & LGBT behavior and trying to give it Christian signification. He's not reclaiming God's rainbow. He's trying to reclaim the pagan/gentile's artificial (fake) rainbow (a.k.a. symbols of their idolatry, taking the seven separate colors of the rainbow and putting it on a flag, or shining it on a building).

Big difference.

• Genesis 9:12-16 (NIV)

12 And God said, “This is the sign of the covenant I am making between me and you and every living creature with you, a covenant for all generations to come: 13 I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth. 14 Whenever I bring clouds over the earth and the rainbow appears in the clouds, 15 I will remember my covenant between me and you and all living creatures of every kind. Never again will the waters become a flood to destroy all life. 16 Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth.”

Ham's behavior is leaven of the Pharisees. Misapplying what the Word of God says in order to do his own thing, in the Name of God, but not really honoring what is written, thus not really honoring Him / guarding the truth.

And on the contrary, if it had been a man-made symbol that had been tarnished and given an idolatrous use (by pagans or even fellow believers), even if God commanded man to make it once (but not forever) as in the example I'm going to recall, then we are to destroy it for its corrupted use e.g. the bronze snake/Nehushtan.

• Numbers 21:8-9 (NIV)

8 The Lord said to Moses, “Make a snake and put it up on a pole; anyone who is bitten can look at it and live.” 9 So Moses made a bronze snake and put it up on a pole. Then when anyone was bitten by a snake and looked at the bronze snake, they lived.

• 2 Kings 18:4 (NIV)

4 He removed the high places, smashed the sacred stones and cut down the Asherah poles. He broke into pieces the bronze snake Moses had made, for up to that time the Israelites had been burning incense to it. (It was called Nehushtan.[a])

Footnotes:

a. 2 Kings 18:4 Nehushtan sounds like the Hebrew for both bronze and snake.

Likewise, if people start praying to or venerating a cross, like some superstitious talisman that keeps them safe, yeah, YHWH would want it destroyed (especially if they're making an image of God), and if His own people don't destroy it, then He raises up others (even uses our enemies) who will (e.g. ISIS, Freedom From Religion Foundation).

Likewise, Jesus is the image of God, not an image that we make of Jesus/YHWH with our own hands. What God makes is the image, not what we make.

• Deuteronomy 4:15-16 (NIV)

15 You saw no form of any kind the day the Lord spoke to you at Horeb out of the fire. Therefore watch yourselves very carefully, 16 so that you do not become corrupt and make for yourselves an idol, an image of any shape, whether formed like a man or a woman,

• Psalm 115:2-4 (NIV)

2 Why do the nations say,
            “Where is their God?”
        3 Our God is in heaven;
            he does whatever pleases him.
        4 But their idols are silver and gold,
            made by human hands.

• Colossians 1:15 (NIV)

15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.

And if we want to put Jesus/God on display, then we let Him shape us into Him/His nature, not us making images of Him with our hands.

• Romans 8:29 (NIV)

29 For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters.

All the more with things that God never Commanded us to do (take some artificial lights, in the orderly color spectrum you see reflected in My rainbow, and now this will be the sign). No.

And worse yet, that outright violate Commands that He did give us. We're not at liberty to adopt what the pagans are doing, in the name of their beliefs/gods/god-less philosophies, tweak it a little, change the meaning, and dedicate it to Him or make it of Him. That's like trying to cast spells and saying you're doing so in the name of Good or in the Name of YHWH who empowers you. No. That's unholy and unacceptable. We're to have nothing to do with it.

• Deuteronomy 12:30-31 (NIV)

30 and after they have been destroyed before you, be careful not to be ensnared by inquiring about their gods, saying, “How do these nations serve their gods? We will do the same.” 31 You must not worship the Lord your God in their way, because in worshiping their gods, they do all kinds of detestable things the Lord hates. They even burn their sons and daughters in the fire as sacrifices to their gods.

• Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (NIV)

10 Let no one be found among you who sacrifices their son or daughter in the fire, who practices divination or sorcery, interprets omens, engages in witchcraft, 11 or casts spells, or who is a medium or spiritist or who consults the dead. 12 Anyone who does these things is detestable to the Lord; because of these same detestable practices the Lord your God will drive out those nations before you.

I understand that the Bible is a large collection of books (so people may not brush up with the truth if they're not reading through it all first hand). And I'm aware that there is demonic doctrine/interpretation that denies the will of the Father/the Commands of the Father going around the church as mainstream and acceptable teaching. But that is unacceptable and must be rebuked.

Furthermore, inhibiting his discernment: because Ham (and those like him) does not acknowledge the passages that Command us to live holy (to be set-apart from the ways that honor other gods/philosophies), and ignore the verses that tell us to submit to every word that comes out of the mouth of God, and not be like the Pharisees who ignore what is written to do their own thing, setting aside the least of the Commands, they even dare to associate with the December 25th festivity. Little do they know, all they're truly honoring is spiritual paganism in the eyes of the pagan (and in the eyes of God). They're not winning over pagans to the the truth by doing this, just retaining traces of demon worship and looking like thieves who hijack idolatrous culture, thus conveying to the pagan, "there's nothing unique about Jesus—we don't walk in the Way, THE TRUTH, and the life anyway because we use lies to worship Him (oh, we know He wasn't born on December 25th, but we make it look like He did anyway [lie by our actions] because you know, Mithra's / Sol Invictus' birthday was celebrated around this time by pagans in Rome so, since we couldn't beat em', we joined them).

I hope you're sensing my frustration. They are not guarding YHWH's Holy reputation by either of these acts, just denying the details of what is written, failing to guard the truth, and nothing but the truth. emotion_sweatdrop

News with a Christian perspective

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games