Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Prayer Requests
I have done a very ugly thing

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Thepeopleater

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:05 am
Throughout my entire relationship with Jesus, I have been up and down and haven't quite mastered to walk in the Spirit, to walk with Him. A few years ago after becoming pregnant with my daughter, I had made a promise to God that I would not have sex until I was married, I know I was a little late on that but I didn't want to go through what I did again. I have held my promise for three years, until last night. I have been seeing this guy that I really like, a guy whom I don't even know if I should be with him, due to our desperate beliefs. We had sex, and after I went back home I cried. Went to sleep and this morning I can hardly think straight with the guilt for what I have just done. Not only did I go against God, but I also broke a vow I made to him. I feel disgusted with myself. I knew better, yet I did it. I feel like this is the end of the line. I don't know what to do. I feel like my apology will mean nothing. Because of how many other times I apologize for the same thing I committed over and over... I'm lost. I hurt the most important being. I've soiled it all  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:51 am
1 John 2:1-2
My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have an advocate with the Father—Jesus Christ, the Righteous One. He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world.

Feeling bad about our sins means our conscience has not been seared (1 Timothy 4:2) and that we are still not beyond the reach of the Holy Spirit.

Solution to being able to stand when temptation and trials come our way;

Psalm 119:11
I have stored up your word in my heart,
that I might not sin against you.

The sword of the Spirit is the word of God (Ephesians 6).

I am praying for you. ^_^  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

OtakuKat

Moonlight Healer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:23 pm
*hugs* It's going to be okay. God will forgive you if you ask Him to.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:56 pm
Thepeopleater
Throughout my entire relationship with Jesus, I have been up and down and haven't quite mastered to walk in the Spirit, to walk with Him. A few years ago after becoming pregnant with my daughter, I had made a promise to God that I would not have sex until I was married, I know I was a little late on that but I didn't want to go through what I did again. I have held my promise for three years, until last night. I have been seeing this guy that I really like, a guy whom I don't even know if I should be with him, due to our desperate beliefs. We had sex, and after I went back home I cried. Went to sleep and this morning I can hardly think straight with the guilt for what I have just done. Not only did I go against God, but I also broke a vow I made to him. I feel disgusted with myself. I knew better, yet I did it. I feel like this is the end of the line. I don't know what to do. I feel like my apology will mean nothing. Because of how many other times I apologize for the same thing I committed over and over... I'm lost. I hurt the most important being. I've soiled it all

Personally I think he will. You did break a promise/vow to him but you feel and know of the mistake you made. That to me is a step in the right direction. You are however not the only one at fault, so is the man. He made the same choice as you to do the deed and regardless of who instigated it, you both are adults (I'm assuming because you mentioned the little girl) and had a choice in the matter. But I think if you both tell and atone for what you did God will forgive because it is in his nature to love.  

Scarlet Puppet

Hardworking Raider

12,700 Points
  • Battery 500
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Buggin' 500

Thepeopleater

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:31 am
Garland-Green
My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have an advocate with the Father—Jesus Christ, the Righteous One. He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world.

Feeling bad about our sins means our conscience has not been seared (1 Timothy 4:2) and that we are still not beyond the reach of the Holy Spirit.

Thank you tremendously for your prayers and the passages you gave me. It's been a rough few days, and even more so today. I talked to him, I asked him if being in a personal relationship with Jesus is something that he would be into. He was honest, and told me no. I hurt him when I told him that I believed that it isn't right to be with someone who is a non believer. I tore him up. But he understood.. He really is a good guy. And now my prayers are for him that maybe one day he will see the light and choose Jesus. With or without me. I'm sorry for the ramble, and spilling my guts. It's very late and I'm an emotional wreck. Thank you so much again..  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:33 am
Scarlet Puppet
Thepeopleater

Personally I think he will. You did break a promise/vow to him but you feel and know of the mistake you made. That to me is a step in the right direction. You are however not the only one at fault, so is the man. He made the same choice as you to do the deed and regardless of who instigated it, you both are adults (I'm assuming because you mentioned the little girl) and had a choice in the matter. But I think if you both tell and atone for what you did God will forgive because it is in his nature to love.
Thank you. He did not know any better. I know it was my choice and my fault. He cannot really be at fault when he doesn't believe, you know? He is a really good guy, regardless. As stated in my last reply, my prayers are for him now. That maybe one day he will choose to live his life for Jesus. Thank you for your care and response. ♡  

Thepeopleater

Thepeopleater

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:34 am
OtakuKat
Thank you very much, you have no idea how much it means to me that you cared enough to post! ♡  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:00 am
Thepeopleater
Garland-Green

Thank you tremendously for your prayers and the passages you gave me. It's been a rough few days, and even more so today. I talked to him, I asked him if being in a personal relationship with Jesus is something that he would be into. He was honest, and told me no. I hurt him when I told him that I believed that it isn't right to be with someone who is a non believer. I tore him up. But he understood.. He really is a good guy. And now my prayers are for him that maybe one day he will see the light and choose Jesus. With or without me. I'm sorry for the ramble, and spilling my guts. It's very late and I'm an emotional wreck. Thank you so much again..

Thank the Lord. He is the One who has given us these verses for our own well-being and to enable us to walk like He wants us to. ^_^ I believe you did the right thing. You put God above you own desires. It is not an easy road to walk but it is the right road to walk.

1 John 2:6
Whoever claims to abide in Him must walk as Jesus walked.  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

OtakuKat

Moonlight Healer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:16 pm
Thepeopleater
OtakuKat
Thank you very much, you have no idea how much it means to me that you cared enough to post! ♡

Of course. 3nodding  
Prayer Requests

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff