As In the Days of Noah: A Gospel's Presentation
By Ray Comfort
Taken from "As In the Days of Noah"

Hello everybody, I am Ray Comfort. For many years in an effort to keep this amazing physique, I ran to and from work everyday. Actually, my office is around 15' from my back door, but I did run that distance. One day as I was running to work, I stopped under an Avocado tree and I noticed that 7 leaves has fallen on the ground. So I bent down and put them in a straight line, went to my office and sat down and waited for my wife to come to say what I thought she would say. It was very predictable. She said, "Why did you put those leaves like that for?" There was no way that her reasoning mind could believe that 7 leaves fell off the Avocado tree into a straight line. She knew that an intelligent mind (mine) had put them there. When you and I look into nature, we can see order from the atom to the universe; the flowers, the birds, the trees, the sun, the moon, the stars, everything has order to it because an intelligent mind put them there. That intelligent mind is God.

Genesis 1:1
In the beginning, God created the heaven and the earth.

The Scriptures says that the creation was very good. There was no suffering, no diseases, and no death. On the sixth day, God made man. He created male and female. Adam and Eve rebelled against God. They have violated God's law, and with sin came disease, suffering, and death. That is why we see this incredible order and beauty in creation, and at the same time, we see all the suffering and death.

Eventually, man became so consumed with rebellious thoughts, the Bible says that their thoughts were continually evil; and God judged the earth with a great flood. He preserved Noah and his family in the ark, and everybody outside of the ark, perished. The Bible says "sin came into the world through one man, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men because all sinned." (Romans 5:12). You and I will die, because we too have sinned against God. The Bible says "the soul that sins, it shall die." (Ezekiel 18:20). "The wages of sin is death." (Romans 3:23a). We all are part of the ultimate statistic: 10 out of 10 die.

God's law is like a mirror. When we look into the perfect law of liberty, we should see ourselves in truth. The Law, the 10 commandments, reflect on what we are. So what we are going to do is to turn the Law upon you, turn that mirror to you, to let you see yourself as God sees you. To see yourself in truth, let's look at a few of the commandments.

9th Commandment: Exodus 20:16
Thou shalt not bear false witnesses

How many lies have you told in your life? What about half truths, exaggerations, or white lies?

8th commandment: Exodus 20:15
Thou shalt not steal

Have you ever stolen anything? That is to take something that is not yours. It can be very small, like a piece of candy or gum.

3rd commandment: Exodus 20:7
Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain

Have you ever taken God's name in vain, such as saying "Oh my G~" or failed to give Him honor? That is called blasphemy, and it is very serious.

7th commandment: Exodus 20:14
Thou shalt not commit adultery

Jesus says, "That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart." (Matthew 5:28 ). Have you looked with lust?

The Scriptures says that lying lips are an abomination to the Lord (Proverbs 12:22). Sin is very, very serious. In fact, it is so serious that it says that all liars will have their part in the lake of fire. No thieves, no adulterers, no blasphemers will inherit God's kingdom.

So what are you going to do? The Bible tells us that God has already done something, and it is wonderful! The scriptures says that God is rich in mercy, sent forth His Son, born of a woman, perfect and sinless man, Jesus Christ was God manifested in the flesh. The Bible says that He is the expressed image of the invisible God, and this perfect, sinless image of God, gave His life on the cross. He did it to take the punishment for the sin of the world.

John 3:16
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

You probably know that verse, but you may not understand the legal implications. You and I broke God's law, we're heading for God's prison, a place called Hell, without parole. However, Jesus stepped in and paid the fine for us. When He was on the cross, He cried out "It is finished." In other words, the debt has been paid.

If you are in court and someone pays your fine, the Judge can say "This man is guilty, but his fine was paid by another, he is free to leave." God can let us live forever. He can dismiss our case; He can commute our death sentence because of what Jesus did on the cross. The judge can be just, He can let you go because Jesus has paid your fine for you, and rose from the dead and defeated death. And now God freely offers everlasting life as a gift to humanity. You do not have to get religious. You do not have to clean up your life. Just as you are, come to God and say "God, be merciful to me a sinner." And if you repent of your sins, and trust alone in Jesus, God will forgive every sin that you have committed, dismiss your case, and grant you the gift of everlasting life.

God has provided an ark in Jesus Christ. Whoever trusts in Him will be saved from the wrath to come. Please, get right with God, today. Every minute, 100 people die. Every hour, 6,000 people die; everyday: 150,000 people die; every year: 54,000,000 people are swallowed by this black horror, called "death." Yet, God is offering you everlasting life. So today, please cry out "God, be merciful to me a sinner," and willfully put your faith in Jesus, like you trust a parachute. You don't simply believe in a parachute, but you put your trust in it. The Bible says, "Put on the Lord Jesus Christ." The moment you do that, you will pass from death to life. You have God's promise on that. Today, if you hear His voice, don't harden your heart. Thank you for listening to me.

John 10:9
I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.