Reply [IC] Deserted...
[FIN][PRP] Frustration [Hlaziya x Boneka]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

- Mynsed -

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:45 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Irritation coursed through Boneka with an intense fury of rapids. She was not happy. Ears flat, eyes narrowed, her feet stomped to her own angry beat. She had asked for an order of twine and nut shells and had not received them. She was going to be late on her orders. Late! Her friend, Emas the opossum, had offered to go for her, to negotiate with the trader. But she was well past negotiations. She should have been informed of the possible tardiness before now. Now… there was nothing to do! Except spend a sleepless night hunting down her materials on her own. She refused for this to allow this to mar her reputation as a master puppet creator.

”You,” she snapped, eyes focusing on the first lion she saw in the area, fur bristled. She didn’t know the area well. Usually, she would meet with the merchant elsewhere. But she had heard the merchant lived around in this area. ”Do you know where the material merchant is?” She forgot his name. Names were of little importance to her but now she wished she knew it. Frustration mounted. ”A lion merchant,” she tried. What had the merchant looked like? Usually, Emas handled this bit of business. But she had been so insistent on giving the trader her piece of mind that she hadn’t bothered to think clearly. Still, she glared at the lion impatiently, tail thumping. As though he was what was standing between her and her justice.

Ctrl F Greenie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:01 am
User Image

The unsuspecting target of the lionesses rage was the Malengas own son. He'd been innocently wandering about and tending to the small needs that his Mother couldn't oversee as she'd like too and it would seem that perhaps there was more work to be done than he had anticipated. "Me?" Hlaziya felt his ruby-red eyes open wide at the outburst. The dismay from this lioness was unreal. It didn't take long for her to explain what she was looking for, but it still didn't explain the need for such anger.

"The material merchant?" A touch of sarcasm broke through his typically diplomatic tone. Had she been a little less abrasive he may have acted a touch more kind, but not in this case. "Ah, a lion merchant." He mused and even took to dropping his rump right there so he could lift a paw to his chin. These actions allowed him to look incredibly deep in thought, perhaps even tricking the lioness to suspect that he was actually considering her questions thoroughly. In truth he was biding a little bit of time.

"You'll truly have to narrow it down a touch." He finally said, breaking the possible silence between them. A small, mischievous grin broke his otherwise straight face. It made the nearly glowing markings look a little more dark, and even a little dangerous. If he recalled the stories of his Father correctly he ended up lucky with the little markings he did have. His Grandfather could have passed along much worse. "Do you recall a name? Perhaps a face?" He wondered out loud.

- Mynsed -
Feel free to create an NPC merchant, name/face and what have you. Heck with major customs coming up you could probably make that NPC a reality. xP

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

- Mynsed -

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:22 am
”Yes, the material merchant,” she snapped, anger mounting at the bit of tone attached. Was she imagining it or was this lion really being insolent? Boneka’s teeth nearly bared, watching as he took his time to sit and put his paw to his chin. He was having a laugh, obviously! No one needed to actually sit and think. Her patience was really rubbing thin.

The length of time that it was taking for this lion to think was upsetting. She was about to whirl away and find someone else to interrogate when he finally did speak. About time. However, it was nothing useful. She tossed her head in annoyance. ”He had a mane, a pair of eyes, a nose, a tail, four paws. Have you seen him.” The sarcasm was her own attempt to bide time as she frantically tried to think of a name. What was it… what was it… ”Binjen” Was that it? ”Or Slijim”. Her tail thumped before she finally snapped. ”Do you know where he is or not?!”

”Ctrl F Greenie”
PUTTING THIS HERE FOR REFERENCE the merchant is Lijen(lazy) and his familiars are Zuriti(rush) and Panike(panic)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:41 am
Snapping at him just made Hlaziya smile a little bit larger. He was used to the way others got when things just weren't going right, but usually they calmed a little bit instead of blowing up. Clearly this particular individual was a bomb. It was especially wonderful when she basically described every single lion, male and female alike, to him. "Good, good. So we eliminated our regular merchant with only three paws." The sarcasm shared between them was mounting up. It became relatively clear that even the lioness wasn't aware of who she was looking for - not by name at least.

"I'd happily like to point out for you that among the numerous merchants that might be about none of them are named 'Binjen' or 'Slijim'." Of course by now the name that had come to mind was Lijen. If Hlaziya recalled the lion correctly he had been a rather lazy lion that lacked a sense of urgency. However, he was also able to get the more high demand articles. Thus making his lack of urgency something the members had to deal with.

"You wouldn't by chance be describing a portly fellow? About yay high?" Conveniently already seated he lifted a paw to suggest a certain height around that of Lijens. Portly was simply the way Hlaziya would describe him - especially since he wasn't lucky enough to use that describing word frequently. "He certainly has a mane, a pair of eyes, a nose, a tail, and last I recalled he had all four of his paws.." He mused lightly. Enjoying the way sarcasm would certainly effect the lioness.

"What if I did know him? What if I did know where he was?" He narrowed his eyes slightly and peered at her curiously. "What is in it for me if I help you?" Hlaziya felt the shudder of eyes on him. He knew his Mother was off and handling other business, but he imagined what she would say if she had just overheard him. He wasn't about to dial back though.

- Mynsed -
Looove it lol

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

- Mynsed -

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:51 pm
Oh, what a nerve rubbing fool this idiot was. That grin… she wanted to swat it off. No… no need for violence. She was a diplomat. She shouldn’t get violent. But that urge was there, claws flexing. The more he talked, the more the impulse grew. Boneka was close to writing off the lion as an imbecile who loved to taunt. ”Really? I’m surprise you’re able to know so many, what with that charming personality of yours,” she sneered. Boneka knew she was getting childish. But backpedaling was not an option anymore.

She really wished she could remember more about the merchant but she had barely even glanced up from her blueprints sketched out on large, dried out leaves. She rarely glanced up from her work, unless it was official diplomat business. The lion in front of her certainly didn’t help matters. ”Yes, yes, all of that. Great for you. You have just about described every lion here,” she sneered, already forgetting that she had been the one to give him those descriptions. He really was a last cause-

Her eyes widened for a moment. Maybe they were getting somewhere! It seemed the lion knew him! But… her eyes slowly slid narrow as he continued to talk. This jackass. She let out a low growl and, before she could stop herself, swiped at him. ”Do you know him or not? I have not the time to play this silly game with you, fool!” she snapped. So much for being a nonviolent diplomat. He really was unnerving her.
Ctrl F Greenie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:17 pm
The more they talked the more apparent it became that he might have been lucky the chat was so public. It amused him greatly to witness the way her paws flexed, a tell tale sign of agitation. In this moment he also began to truly recognize this lioness - she was one of those lucky few that were deemed as diplomats. "Oh my." He mumbled to himself still wearing the grin. "I'm glad you can see just how charming I am. I am so terribly wonderful." Anyone who might know him well enough would know he definitely wasn't narcissistic, but it was entirely likely she didn't know that. "I also happened to have been introduced to a great number of them in my youth." He stated this factually as it was likely the only true detail he'd produced beyond conveying he might know where the lion she was looking for might have been.

"I'm just learning as I go here. Obviously from the great detective herself." Hlaziya said, implying he was learning from her. Just in case she might have forgotten in the few moments that had passed that she was the one to describe the lion as exactly that. The sneer didn't go unnoticed and in fact it began to fuel him.

The fuel hadn't been set aflame yet but rather it was set aside for the moment. Shock hit his system as a paw lashed out. The paw was aimed directly for his sarcastic looking smile and had he been a little bit quicker he'd have not been hit at all. Instead his nose was nicked and a small crimson bead fell free from it. "Naughty, naughty.." He murmured as he brought a paw to his nose to inspect the damage. His eyes went cross briefly, but quickly returned to staring straight at his companion. "I do." He admitted. His tone had dropped to a flat sound, unusual for the Nchi. "What you see as a silly game, I see as an opportunity." The smile returned shortly after that.

"The opportunity I see is to get one of those puppets you so masterfully put together." His eyes narrowed at her again from their previously wide state. His musical tone had returned now. She had struck out at him, this would mean war.

- Mynsed -

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

- Mynsed -

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:00 pm
Well, the hit had worked. He admitted to knowing him. But… maybe not as well as she would have hoped. Of course, she really needed to refrain from maiming this lion. Never before had she felt such the violent urge. This was why she stuck to puppets. Puppets did not taunt, did not tease. They were made by her to do exactly as she wanted. She had only a moment of guilt flitter through her at the sight of blood. But that was gone almost immediately when the fool decided to keep speaking. She let out a tsk, ears flat.

He wanted one of her puppets? Ha! She decided who had her puppets. And he certainly wasn’t allowed one. Only a small trickle of pleasure went through her over the fact that he recognized her for her puppets. She let out an unladylike snort. ”Over my dead body. My puppets aren’t for fools,” she growled, well aware that she gave puppets out to children. She didn’t allow herself the time to swell up with pride at the masterfully bit. The lion seemed prone to sarcasm and she didn’t dare fall for one of his tricks, if it were one. ”Where is Liken,” she snapped, already messing up the name. This was growing tiresome. She would need to get Emas to deal with this next time.
Ctrl F Greenie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:17 pm
Had that been a flash of guilt? Whatever the flicker had been Hlaziya didn't have a chance to pay any mind to it though as the abrasive lioness continued on. It seemed she wasn't sure of his comments - he genuinely meant his words as a compliment, but certainly hadn't defined them as such. If she had wanted his help so badly she would most certainly get it. Perhaps just not to the degree of help she was expecting.

"I wouldn't stoop to murder.. or would I?" He adjusted himself to appear to be deep thought over the subject, but returned to his typical grin. "Nah, your puppets might be well carfted, but not worth the trouble of stowing a body somewhere." He had been entirely to tempted to comment on her size, though it'd be a lie, and say her chubby carcass would be to tough to deal with.. but he did plan on living another day.

"I'm not to sure where Liken is." His response seemed almost serious, but was followed up with that cherished tone of sarcasm they seemed to share. "But I do know where his twin brother is. Lijen, if I remember his name correctly." Hlaziyas grin grew wicked. Finally they were getting to the point - he was sure she would find some small joy in that. "Fine, fine.. as a genuine fool I won't get a puppet out of you, yet. But perhaps a small gesture of kindness might set things straight."

It was high time for one big old lie. She'd rubbed him the wrong way just as he had done to her. If he had his way he'd end this on a petty note. "I swear I'd seen him talking with a leopard, no.. was it a lion? I'm not sure anymore. But from what I overheard he was going to be heading towards the local watering hole. I'm sure he might have been heading there for a trade of some kind." It wasn't a false bit that merchants often may have traded there, but he certainly hadn't seen Lijen speaking with anyone nor did he overhear about Lijen going to any watering hole. But he spoke with as honest a face as he could muster. Of course all of this might come back to bite him, but who cared?

- Mynsed -

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

- Mynsed -

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:38 pm
There it was again. A compliment hidden within his words. She looked a bit startled, unsure of what to take as real. Her puppets were well crafted and she didn’t know whether to get prickly or not. Instead, Boneka chose to ignore it, settling him with a stern glare. Again, he plays with words. ”I said Lijen,” she barked, tossing her head in annoyance. Who in the world would mistaken Lijen with Liken? ”I don’t care if he has a twin or not, I want to hear about where this Lijen is.” Boneka’s patience was already dried up. Her words were clipped and pushed through gritted teeth. Her tail was getting a workout from thumping on the ground.

The imbecile couldn’t remember who Lipen was talking to! Could she really trust someone with such obvious faulty memory? Time was ticking, though, and the sun was falling. She didn’t have time for this nonsense. A growl of annoyance escaped her throat as he just had to let her know of the tidbit of information through his story. Couldn’t he get straight to the point? ”Finally,” she hissed, whirling away. ”Dijen better still be there,” she snapped before bounding away in a run, still bristled from the ‘discussion’ with the dark lion. What was his name, anyways? His coloring and markings did look familiar… she pushed it aside, deciding to focus on finding Hijen.
Ctrl F Greenie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:49 pm
Ha! Again he had seemed to cause her to hesitate, it was brief, but rewarding. The appearance of being startled was simply a bonus he hadn't expected. But a glare and abrasive tone from her brought him back down from his high - though he was still just as pleased. "Of course that's what you said, I must have sand in my ears." The dark lion made a point of tilting his head and giving his ear a good twitch to remove any of the fake sand. Of course nothing was dislodged. After having told her where to 'find' the lion she was looking for he watched closely. She was still muttering his name wrong, blathering on about a Dijen.

Once she was out of ear shot of Hlaziya he found himself nearly wanting to double over with laughter. He felt a little guilty that whoever was looking forward to this puppet likely wouldn't see the doll on time, but his fun was had. She'd likely arrive to the watering hole to discover it empty or filled with everyone, BUT the lion she was actually looking for. If his Mother ever found out he'd be scolded for sure. Not only for being so cruel, but for also meddling with one of her diplomats.

Easier to ask for forgiveness though...

- Mynsed -

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

[IC] Deserted...

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items