Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Interpretation of Scripture
Bible event that is happening

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

anadentone

Rainbow Lover

22,625 Points
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Married 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:02 pm
I have an Atheist buddy who considers people crazy who say "Oh the Bible foretold this". To a certain extent, I believe her. Some people claim this sermon is about Putin or Trump,etc but this one, made her stop and think...so much so we went to church with me yesterday.

the scripture:
Luke 21:25-38 (KJV)

"And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the stars and in the moon, upon the earth distress of nations with perplexity: the sea and the waves roaring."
"And then shall they see the son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory."

It's happening?
1. The solar eclipse his the 21 of August.
2. Harvey hit the 25th of August
3. The flood, a by product of Harvey, hit the 26th
4. Irma hit Us land of US Virgin Island and Puerto Rico on the 6/7
5. August has 31 days add to the 6th when it hit the Virgin islands and the 7th when it hit PR and you have 37/38

So do you think it's a coincidence or something more?  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:20 pm
The Bible wasn't always ordered in the way it is today. It didn't always have chapters and verse numbers.

The first person to divide New Testament chapters into verses was Italian Dominican biblical scholar Santi Pagnini (1470–1541), but his system was never widely adopted. His verse divisions in the New Testament were far longer than those known today. Robert Estienne created an alternate numbering in his 1551 edition of the Greek New Testament which was also used in his 1553 publication of the Bible in French. Estienne's system of division was widely adopted, and it is this system which is found in almost all modern Bibles. Estienne produced a 1555 Vulgate that is the first Bible to include the verse numbers integrated into the text. Before this work, they were printed in the margins.

The first English New Testament to use the verse divisions was a 1557 translation by William Whittingham (c. 1524–1579). The first Bible in English to use both chapters and verses was the Geneva Bible published shortly afterwards in 1560. These verse divisions soon gained acceptance as a standard way to notate verses, and have since been used in nearly all English Bibles and the vast majority of those in other languages.

Source

That indicates to me that we can't use the numbers of the verses as some kind of method to predict events described in the Bible. I think you could even call this kind of reasoning out of numbers like that a form of superstition. It is great however that she came with you to church.  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

TsukikuroiMai

Naughty Fox

13,490 Points
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:36 am
I feel it's coincidence, though we have to remember that Christ himself said in Matthew and Mark that not even He knows that day and hour referred to in Luke 21:38.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:25 pm
edited: capitalization, clarification of detail, and to add a passage from Exodus [Exodus 12:6-11]

What this has going against it: some of the criteria are highly dependent upon self-imposed tradition (verse numbers, as Garland brought up, but also the calendar dates—which are not based on God's calendar of the Bible). Whether God is meeting people where they're at (and thus, it is God speaking through their long-established ways) or we should discount it because some of the criteria have no legitimate-to-the-text basis, I can not say definitively.

What is unquestionably prophetic are the content of the verses themselves and God's holy dates on His Calendar:

• Colossians 2:16-17 (KJV)

16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:

17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

Knowing that and then taking a look at the official, but self-imposed and deviant "Jewish" calendar because it is off by a few days (thus emphasis on "Jewish", self-imposed, and deviant, because that calendar is also not equivalent to the Biblical calendar based on the Father's Law; they are at odds by a day or two—sometimes more on certain years. [This is due to the mathematical formula they adopted in order to calculate YHWH's calendar during the Babylonian exile, thus while outside of the promised land, not using the Biblical criteria]), still: the solar eclipse occurred on the 1st day of Elul (Babylonian month name for the sixth month of the Biblical calendar) which is a historically-significant date, and when solar eclipses occurred on them, there were preceding and subsequent world disasters happening (as covered by this video @8:44-19:14):

And possibly where Christians are getting the Luke 21:25 connection (but also a tie to World War I — the video duration is 4m 15 s):

The text of those verses are legitimate, but again, the dating is based on a deviant, not 100%, Biblically-faithful calendar (whether we're talking Hillel II [Jewish, slightly deviant] calendar or Gregorian [Gentile, very deviant] calendar. Though if it is a sign for the Gentiles that would make sense, that it would be a Gentile calendar date allusion, and for the Jew to notice it, knowing how they would deviate in history, meeting the Jews where they're at on their slightly delayed calendar so that they take notice? Could be).

But again, they're not God's 100% accurate dates as described in the Commands. Even Pastor Mark addressed the iffy starting of Elul (the Babylonian name for the sixth month of the Bible) here, but concluded it doesn't matter. I disagree. The foolish virgins of Matthew 25 (who didn't have enough oil and went off to buy their own) didn't delay by much (even came back the same night), but the groom had already come and gone by the time they were ready to receive Him, and only the faithful virgins who were ready on time entered in. They were all waiting for the groom, they all believed in His coming, but not all of them were ready at the precise timing of His coming.

Going off the celestial signs and natural disaster signs alone, though, I do believe that the USA is under judgment and these were signs announcing what was coming. For an eclipse to go across all of the USA like that and then subsequently be hit by Hurricane Harvey, now Irma, followed by Jose (east coast), and Katia (west coast)—it's not a coincidence.

Hurricane Harvey was record-breaking and Irma is said to be just as record breaking. The USA is under God's attack.

[Katia becomes third hurricane to threaten US in six days]

We need to humble ourselves, cry out to Him, and repent from our wicked ways, as a nation, and turn back to His Way. The "Day of Atonement" (Yom Kippur) on God's calendar happens the seventh month (on God's Calendar, a month coinciding with Sep[this month]/Oct[next month] of the Gregorian calendar); so, the Day of Atonement is not that far away (and Day of Trumpets [Yom Teruah, Biblically, traditionally called "Rosh Hashanah" by the Jews] is even closer). These too are prophetically significant dates. The Day of Trumpets starts the latter half of the annual divine appointments written in Leviticus 23 (Day of Trumpets, Day of Atonement, Feast of Tabernacles). All days to watch out for.

---

TsukikuroiMai
I feel it's coincidence, though we have to remember that Christ himself said in Matthew and Mark that not even He knows that day and hour referred to in Luke 21:38.

As for no one knowing the day or the hour, yes, but also consider:

• 1 Thessalonians 5:1-4 (NIV)

5 Now, brothers and sisters, about times and dates we do not need to write to you, 2 for you know very well that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night. 3 While people are saying, “Peace and safety,” destruction will come on them suddenly, as labor pains on a pregnant woman, and they will not escape.

4 But you, brothers and sisters, are not in darkness so that this day should surprise you like a thief.

He gave us signs to look out for so that we would know when it is nearing. Even signs in the skies.

And today: Mexico Earthquake, Strongest in a Century, Kills Dozens. The birth pangs are getting stronger. The Son is coming.

• Mark 13:8 (NIV)

8 Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be earthquakes in various places, and famines. These are the beginning of birth pains.

And, as I alluded earlier, He also gave us actual times and dates in His Law (for other prophetic events to come) based on His calendar (not Hillel / Hillel II [Jewish] nor Gregorian/Julian [Gentile], but Biblical calendar dates accurately based off YHWH's Lawful criteria), which the Father set-apart Himself, to commemorate things He accomplished while simultaneously prophesying of things He has yet to do (and will do).

One of which, Day of Trumpets, is traditionally said that we cannot "know the day or the hour" / be calculated ahead of time, but must be looked at in the sky every year to stay accurate (since it occurs on the new moon/start of the month by the sighting of the first sliver of the moon after the "new moon", as we over here in these parts have come to recognize it, occurs (after the moon is totally black in its cycle to our eyes); so, the first bit of white that appears to our eyes is the start of the month, and this divine appointment [Day of Trumpets] happens on the start of the month, the seventh month), a divine appointment associated with Jesus' coming because of the trumpet call...

• 1 Thessalonians 4:16-18 (NIV)

16 For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever. 18 Therefore encourage one another with these words.

...but then that too (the sighting of the new moon being "no one knows the day or the hour" because we must catch a glimpse of the first sliver of moon after it turned black in its cycle) is dependent on how the "new moon" is actually calculated in Scripture—at the sighting of the first sliver of moon or its conjunction? If it's based on its conjunction then we actually would know the day or the hour ahead of time and then the interpretation doesn't fit. I have a topic in another guild linking to a video series that includes a bit of this subject into their calendar analysis (concerning the new moon, the start of the month, and other relevant calendar-calculation analysis): [Time: Our Creator's Calendar [Series]]) scrutinizing all the criteria in the Bible for accurate calculation of time according to the Law, Prophets, and Psalms. Having an accurate Biblical calendar is significant because:

• Daniel 7:25 (NIV)

25 He will speak against the Most High and oppress his holy people and try to change the set times and the laws. The holy people will be delivered into his hands for a time, times and half a time.[a]

Footnotes:

a. Daniel 7:25 Or for a year, two years and half a year

The antichrist spirit (seeing as there are many antichrists and the set times of God all speak of Christ, ergo changing YHWH's set times and Laws is anti-Christ) wants to keep our eyes away from the Father's reckoning of time. But Jesus, who is our example, did prophetically significant things on the Father's calendar / Biblical holy days (dying as our passover lamb during the Festival of Unleavened Bread; the Festival traditionally referred to as "Passover" [but erroneously, due to slight deviance in its observance/speaking of it] because the Jews call the whole seven days as "Passover" [whereas, Biblically, "passover" is the dinner of the lamb with the unleavened bread and bitter herbs—more specifically, the lamb itself is the passover that is eaten—that is eaten on the first day of the Festival of Unleavened Bread, the Festival of Unleavened Bread is what lasts seven days]*, raising back to life on the Day of Firstfruits as our firstfruits, sending the Holy Spirit during the Day of Pentecost [Old Testament Feast day/ a divine appointment set by the Father], etc...). So it would behoove us to continue being aware of time as the Creator does because, not only is time (as we know it) established by His Criteria, but so are prophetic times/events.

• Genesis 1:14-19 (NIV)

14 And God said, “Let there be lights in the vault of the sky to separate the day from the night, and let them serve as signs to mark sacred times, and days and years, 15 and let them be lights in the vault of the sky to give light on the earth.” And it was so. 16 God made two great lights—the greater light to govern the day and the lesser light to govern the night. He also made the stars. 17 God set them in the vault of the sky to give light on the earth, 18 to govern the day and the night, and to separate light from darkness. And God saw that it was good. 19 And there was evening, and there was morning—the fourth day.

• Colossians 2:16-17 (KJV)

16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:

17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

All the more if the Day of Trumpets is a divine appointment that "no one knows the day or the hour" of—and always is "no one knows the day or the hour" ahead of time—because of how it is calculated / how it falls (on the first day of the month, but starting at the sighting of the first sliver of moon, which no one can know ahead of time; but again, only if that is how it is Biblically determined and has nothing to do with the moon's conjunction).

*about the Lawfully-accurate distinction between Passover and Unleavened Bread:

• Exodus 12:11 (NIV)

11 This is how you are to eat it: with your cloak tucked into your belt, your sandals on your feet and your staff in your hand. Eat it in haste; it is the Lord’s Passover.

Ergo, the "passover" is something you eat, not something you observe like the seven-day Festival of Unleavened Bread (though during the Festival we eat the Passover and the unleavened bread).

• Leviticus 23:6 (NIV)

6 On the fifteenth day of that month the Lord’s Festival of Unleavened Bread begins; for seven days you must eat bread made without yeast.

• Exodus 12:17-18 (NIV)

17 “Celebrate the Festival of Unleavened Bread, because it was on this very day that I brought your divisions out of Egypt. Celebrate this day as a lasting ordinance for the generations to come. 18 In the first month you are to eat bread made without yeast, from the evening of the fourteenth day until the evening of the twenty-first day.

• Exodus 12:6-11 (NIV)

6 Take care of them until the fourteenth day of the month, when all the members of the community of Israel must slaughter them at twilight. 7 Then they are to take some of the blood and put it on the sides and tops of the doorframes of the houses where they eat the lambs. 8 That same night they are to eat the meat roasted over the fire, along with bitter herbs, and bread made without yeast. 9 Do not eat the meat raw or boiled in water, but roast it over a fire—with the head, legs and internal organs. 10 Do not leave any of it till morning; if some is left till morning, you must burn it. 11 This is how you are to eat it: with your cloak tucked into your belt, your sandals on your feet and your staff in your hand. Eat it in haste; it is the Lord’s Passover.

BTW, significant to calendar / time-reckoning, as you can tell by these verses, days start/end at evening according to God, not the middle of the night. The details to note: the seven-day Festival of Unleavened Bread does not have two different start dates. So, the 15th day of the month, starts at the evening of the 14th day of the month (when the sun is setting).

Second example:

• Leviticus 23:26-32 (NIV)

26 The Lord said to Moses, 27 “The tenth day of this seventh month is the Day of Atonement. Hold a sacred assembly and deny yourselves,[a] and present a food offering to the Lord. 28 Do not do any work on that day, because it is the Day of Atonement, when atonement is made for you before the Lord your God. 29 Those who do not deny themselves on that day must be cut off from their people. 30 I will destroy from among their people anyone who does any work on that day. 31 You shall do no work at all. This is to be a lasting ordinance for the generations to come, wherever you live. 32 It is a day of sabbath rest for you, and you must deny yourselves. From the evening of the ninth day of the month until the following evening you are to observe your sabbath.”

Footnotes:

a. Leviticus 23:27 Or and fast; similarly in verses 29 and 32

The tenth day of the seventh month is the Day of Atonement. But it starts on the evening of the ninth day. Days start/end at evening.

---

All that to say: the more of the Bible we're aware of, and familiar we are with prophetically-significant dates set by God, the more accurate and prepared for His return we'll be. Possibly even on one of the Father's divine appointments (on the Father's Calendar) like other prophetically-significant acts Jesus did.

cristobela
Vice Captain

TsukikuroiMai

Naughty Fox

13,490 Points
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:14 pm
cristobela

What would be the differences between the Gregorian Calender used by most of the world and the Jewish Calender, which Jesus himself would have used? Mainly by date (like what today would be on the Jewish Calender) for example.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:48 pm
I don't believe these events are coincidental. God is trying to call us back.  

OtakuKat

Moonlight Healer

anadentone

Rainbow Lover

22,625 Points
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Married 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:11 pm
My 83 year old granny says this is the worst weather she's ever seen. She has seen hurricanes, tornadoes, floods, etc but it's all happening every week. She talks about how when her daughter was born (January 194 cool there was ice on the ground and everyone was wearing thick coats(down South) now we get about 2 weeks a year of fall/winter weather.

She's never heard of dead birds all over the roads or tornadoes in New York. O.o  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:06 pm
edit on 9/15/2017 – to correct a couple of typo's that I didn't catch

Note: excuse the delayed reply. Stable internet access wasn't restored until yesterday (September 13th, 2017) after Hurricane Irma. And I'm backed up on things I need to reply to. We're fine by the way. It swerved our part of Florida, and even in my neighborhood, our street didn't get any downed power lines, flooding, nor heavy rains at all, mostly wind that came and went, and I only recall hearing thunder twice—no tornadoes in my area; the street behind us though got trashed and our power lines are linked to theirs so...yeah. Irma came in on the 9th /10th 2-3am -ish, power was restored (stably) on the 11th, but our ISP didn't come back on until yesterday (13th). But I'm back. emotion_awesome God is good (and even if I wasn't back, God would still be good. Everything works for the good of those who love/obey Him).

TsukikuroiMai
What would be the differences between the Gregorian Calender used by most of the world and the Jewish Calender, which Jesus himself would have used? Mainly by date (like what today would be on the Jewish Calender) for example.

For clarification, there would be three (to four [-ish]) calendars in this comparison/contrast: Gregorian, "Jewish", and Biblical (the latter—Biblical—doesn't deviate from the Law of YHWH, all of its criteria, and is what Moses would have used, and thus is what Jesus was/would be loyal to. There is some discrepancy still on the Biblical Calendar, i.e. calculating the first month: sighting of the new moon vs. conjunction, thus why I say 4-ish calendars to compare, mostly three drastically different calendars though).

Differences: for one, the months on the Gregorian calendar, besides name differences, do not even coincide with the start or finish of both the Jewish and the Biblical months—and this is because it is strictly solar (the Jewish calendar uses a mathematical formula, and the Biblical calendar uses natural signs in the heavens [sun, moon, stars] and the earth [e.g. barley's ripening stage called Abib/Aviv] to determine time. Between the latter two (Jewish and Biblical), they hold a difference of a day or two, sometimes even more, depending on how we're suppose to reckon the first month of the year on the Biblical calendar, and drastic [even sinful] difference of month names as well, as I'll show).

To provide an illustration, I'll quote an edited and more fleshed out version of this reply from the Jesus' Lilies Guild, with a modified Jewish calendar wheel that gives a gist for when Biblical months start/end with reference to the Gregorian calendar, plus some Biblical calendar facts:

Jesus Lilies Mule
Contrast x of x Calendars

User Image
[in case image doesn't show up: https://i.imgur.com/FJOFy4m.png]

So, for example, the 1st month on the Biblical calendar spans/coincides with parts of March/April on the Gregorian.

Explaining the above wheel though:

Starting with the Biblical calendar:

The Biblical months—in Scripture—are more often than not referred to by their number, not consistently by a name. The Bible only documents original Israelite names for four months out of the twelve months of the year; those being: the 1st, 2nd, 7th and 8th months. Showing you the Biblical verses that document the names of these four:

The 1st month, if not merely referred to by its number, is called Abib/Aviv by the Israelites (Deut 16:1), which is the month of the passover and of the Exodus out of Egypt. Notice how the same month is being described by Deuteronomy 16 (by its name) and Exodus 12 (by its number) followed by its name in Exodus 13.

• Deuteronomy 16:1 (NIV)

16 Observe the month of Aviv and celebrate the Passover of the Lord your God, because in the month of Aviv he brought you out of Egypt by night.

• Exodus 12:1-12 (NIV)

12 The Lord said to Moses and Aaron in Egypt, 2 “This month is to be for you the first month, the first month of your year. 3 Tell the whole community of Israel that on the tenth day of this month each man is to take a lamb[a] for his family, one for each household. 4 If any household is too small for a whole lamb, they must share one with their nearest neighbor, having taken into account the number of people there are. You are to determine the amount of lamb needed in accordance with what each person will eat. 5 The animals you choose must be year-old males without defect, and you may take them from the sheep or the goats. 6 Take care of them until the fourteenth day of the month, when all the members of the community of Israel must slaughter them at twilight. 7 Then they are to take some of the blood and put it on the sides and tops of the doorframes of the houses where they eat the lambs. 8 That same night they are to eat the meat roasted over the fire, along with bitter herbs, and bread made without yeast. 9 Do not eat the meat raw or boiled in water, but roast it over a fire—with the head, legs and internal organs. 10 Do not leave any of it till morning; if some is left till morning, you must burn it. 11 This is how you are to eat it: with your cloak tucked into your belt, your sandals on your feet and your staff in your hand. Eat it in haste; it is the Lord’s Passover.

12 “On that same night I will pass through Egypt and strike down every firstborn of both people and animals, and I will bring judgment on all the gods of Egypt. I am the Lord.

Footnotes:

a. Exodus 12:3 The Hebrew word can mean lamb or kid; also in verse 4.

Exodus 13:3-4 (NIV)

3 Then Moses said to the people, “Commemorate this day, the day you came out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery, because the Lord brought you out of it with a mighty hand. Eat nothing containing yeast. 4 Today, in the month of Aviv, you are leaving.

2nd month is called Ziv (1 Kings 6:1)

• 1 Kings 6:1 (NIV)

6 In the four hundred and eightieth[a] year after the Israelites came out of Egypt, in the fourth year of Solomon’s reign over Israel, in the month of Ziv, the second month, he began to build the temple of the Lord.

Footnotes:

a. 1 Kings 6:1 Hebrew; Septuagint four hundred and fortieth

7th month is called Ethanim (1 Kings 8:2)

• 1 Kings 8:2 (NIV)

2 All the Israelites came together to King Solomon at the time of the festival in the month of Ethanim, the seventh month.

8th month is called Bul (1 Kings 6:38)

• 1 Kings 6:38 (NIV)

38 In the eleventh year in the month of Bul, the eighth month, the temple was finished in all its details according to its specifications. He had spent seven years building it.

You may come across similar calendar wheels to the one I illustrated above (such as [this one]) that have names for every Biblical month, and though half of those names can also be found in Scripture (e.g. Nisan as the first month, for example), these are Babylonian names that the Israelites had adopted during their exile in Babel. Ergo, when we read a book in the Bible documenting the history of the Jews while in Babylon, it reads as follows:

• Esther 3:7 (NIV)

7 In the twelfth year of King Xerxes, in the first month, the month of Nisan, the pur (that is, the lot) was cast in the presence of Haman to select a day and month. And the lot fell on[a] the twelfth month, the month of Adar.

Footnotes:

a. Esther 3:7 Septuagint; Hebrew does not have And the lot fell on.

The Babylonian name for the first month is Nisannu (the Jews adapted that to Nisan). However, on the Biblical calendar established by YHWH the first month is called Abib/Aviv (or simply, first month), not Nisan.

These exiled Judeans even preserve the name "Tammuz" (a pagan god) for the 4th month of the Biblical calendar.

User Image

So, I left it solely as a month number in my illustration (however, the calendar wheel in and of itself does provide an accurate gist of the start/end difference between Bible months vs. Gregorian months). And because the Biblical months don't all consistently have original names preserved in Scripture, just four out of the 12, further reason why I left the months solely displaying numbers (as is also common to find in Scripture).

• Leviticus 23:5 (NIV)

5 The Lord’s Passover begins at twilight on the fourteenth day of the first month.

• Genesis 8:14 (NIV)

14 By the twenty-seventh day of the second month the earth was completely dry.

I didn't touch the secular/Gregorian calendar. They too (like the so-called “Jewish” calendar that contains Babylonian gods) are based on pagans gods (specifically, Roman and Greek). But when communicating with gentiles / the world, there's not much we can do, though we can preserve the truth of the Creator. I pray that one day soon all paganism is destroyed and even the names of our days, weeks, and months only give glory to the Most High. heart

The following website offers some more info (how the Biblical months lack names for week days in the Bible, the exception being the 7th day of the week which is always called the Sabbath; the meaning of secular week day names, meaning of the Babylonian names, etc): http://www.yashanet.com/library/hebrew-days-and-months.html

So, amongst these three, the calendar that is strictly solar, with the name of Greek and Roman gods designating months and weekdays, is Gregorian. The lunisolar calendar with Babylonian god names is “Jewish” (ironically). And the calendar with Israelite month names or simply numbers for months and for weekdays (exception being the seventh weekday which is always called Shabbat/Sabbath) is the Biblical calendar, a.k.a. YHWH's/our Creator's Calendar. He does not share His glory with idols/false gods.

• Isaiah 42:8 (NIV)

8 “I am the Lord; that is my name!
            I will not yield my glory to another
            or my praise to idols.

Displaying today's date across all three calendars:

Gregorian:
Today's date: September 14, 2017 AD
- (9th month);
- 24-hour days begin and end at midnight;
- the year begins/ends in winter, in the month of Janus, January.

The significance of the year (what 2017 refers to):
      Quote:
      This calendar era is based on the traditionally reckoned year of the conception or birth of Jesus of Nazareth, with AD counting years from the start of this epoch, and BC denoting years before the start of the era. There is no year zero in this scheme, so the year AD 1 immediately follows the year 1 BC. This dating system was devised in 525 by Dionysius Exiguus of Scythia Minor, but was not widely used until after 800.[10][11]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anno_Domini

Mixing the holy (Jesus) with the profane (Roman and Greek gods).

“Jewish”:
Today's date: Elul 23, 5777
(6th month) [chabad.org]
- 24-hour days begin and end at sunset, (not midnight), as established by the Bible (though the calendar they drew doesn't give indication of this [when days start/end], they do obey it in practice e.g. they keep Sabbath, the 7th day of the week, from Friday [6th day] sunset to Saturday [7th day] sunset).
- the year 5777, they claim, is allegedly the year since creation.

Quote:
      The era used since the Middle Ages is the Anno Mundi epoch (Latin for "in the year of the world"; Hebrew: לבריאת העולם‎, "from the creation of the world"). As with Anno Domini (A.D. or AD), the words or abbreviation for Anno Mundi (A.M. or AM) for the era should properly precede the date rather than follow it. AM 5777 began at sunset on 2 October 2016 and will end at sunset on 20 September 2017.[2]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hebrew_calendar

Notice they're setting the change—end/start—of the “new year” in Autumn/the Fall (from October of one year to September of the next). This is deviant from what YHWH established and was adopted from the gentiles around them:

If you ask a Jew (that follows Rabbinic tradition e.g. Pharisees, Hasidic Jews, Orthodox Jews, etc), they'll somewhat acknowledge that the Law says the month of the passover is the start of the year, in Spring, because the written Torah says it, they can't deny it, but they celebrate a second “new year” in Autumn / in the Fall months, the latter of which evidently is what determines the change of their year (which is un-Biblical). They dub this Fall/Autumn new year as “Rosh Hashanah”, a name they've designated to replace Day of Trumpets / Yom Teruah the Biblical appointed time on the 1st day of the seventh month, but “Rosh Hashanah” has no Lawful/Biblical basis, neither as a replacement name for Yom Teruah (the 1st day of the SEVENTH month of the year) nor as a second new year—again, on the first day of the seventh Biblical month of the year. This is nowhere near the “start” of the Biblical/Lawful year to be called a new year; so, it's not a head of the year whatsoever).

“Rosh Hashanah”, head of the year, as a phrase in Scripture is only found in Ezekiel 40:1 that, sans Babylonian (gentile/pagan) culture influences, and only going by YHWH's definitions (as defined in the Law), would have you recognizing it as a reference to the actual Biblical head of the year, the month of Abib, the first month of the year, the only Biblical start of the year:

• Ezekiel 40:1 (NIV)

40 In the twenty-fifth year of our exile, at the beginning of the year, on the tenth of the month, in the fourteenth year after the fall of the city—on that very day the hand of the Lord was on me and he took me there.

What's bolded above says Rosh Hashanah in the Hebrew [you can check the Hebrew here; the “b”as a prefix means “in/at”. It's not a part of the word itself]. Ergo, at the rosh hashanah/beginning of the year, on the tenth day of the month is, “10th day of the first month”. Not 1st day of the seventh month (Yom Teruah, when the so-called “Jewish” Rosh Hashanah falls). Thus, the so-called “Jewish” Rosh Hashanah, that the world recognizes as “Rosh Hashanah”, and that is in conflict with the Old Testament, in stark contrast, falls on the seventh Biblical month of the year, not the first month of the year the latter of which is all Ezekiel is referring to with his use of the phrase “rosh hashanah”—the beginning of YHWH's year in the month of Abib in the Spring, not what has become the “Jewish” new year in the 7th month.

Why they deviated so badly: the slippery slope started by adopting pagan (specifically, Babylonian) names for the months (for example, Tishrei/Tishri for the seventh month, from the Babylonian seventh month called Tishrit), and to this day, they continue labeling the first month “Nisan” (based on the Babylonian month name Nisannu). The Babylonians have a lunisolar calendar which coincides with Biblical months. Since the Jews were already observing Tishri (instead of Ethanim/7th month) during their exile in Babylon, they adopted the celebration of Akitu in the process (Babylonian new year's) which the Babylonians celebrated twice a year.

Quote:
      [...] Akitu [...] was celebrated in the first month of the year, that is in March/April. In the Babylonian calendar, this month was known as Nisannu (and in the modern Jewish calendar is still called Nisan). Since the festival was celebrated on the first days of the Babylonian year, we can call it a New year's festival. In fact, the ancient Babylonians already called it rêš šattim, "beginning of the year".

http://www.livius.org/articles/religion/akitu/

Quote:
      From a ritual rediscovered in Uruk it is clear that the celebration of Akitu took place twice a year, in the month of Nisan and also in the month of Tishrit.

http://www.encyclopedia.com/environment/encyclopedias-almanacs-transcripts-and-maps/akitu

And because the Babylonians also had a lunisolar calendar, this twice-a-year celebration of Akitu would coincide with both our 1st day of the first month (Abib), on their Nisannu (which the Jews preserve as Nisan) and our 1st day of the seventh month (Ethanim), on their Tishrit (which Jews perserve as Tishrei/Tishri). Albeit, Akitu would be ending on Nisannu 1, not starting.

Quote:
      The Babylonian festival traditionally started on 21 Adar - 1 Nisannu.
      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akitu#Babylonian_Akitu

So, the Jews started entertaining the notion of a new year's celebration, and on top of that, not just once but twice a year, like the Babylonians, during their exile in Babylon (in contrast, in YHWH's Law, there is no new year's day observance; though there is a new moon observance [the start of the month] for every month, there's no special celebration concerning the first day of the first month of the year, much less twice a year).

However, the 1st day of the seventh month (Yom Teruah/Day of Trumpets) is never proclaimed as the start of the year or a second new year in what is written in Scripture. So, people who try to interpret Ezekiel 40:1's use of “Rosh Hashanah” as talking about a different or second new year are interpreting things through the lens of Babylonian culture, not the Law of YHWH, as it is written and read from Moses' seat, which would identify that “head of the year” as Abib/the first month of the year as Moses documented in Exodus 12/13.

And because their reckoning of the year (for instance, AM 5777) is reckoned by the fall/autumn “new year”, that year isn't accurate either.

That, plus a whole bunch of added traditions and fast days on this calendar that are not commanded by YHWH but self-imposed (at most, some are mentioned in Scripture like the fast days of the fourth, fifth, seventh and tenth months i.e. Zechariah 8:19, though not commanded by God. And they have many more than these on their calendar).

All that to say, the reason the Rabbinic Jews consider Yom Teruah as Rosh Hashanah/head of the year and thus a second new year is because of their exile in Babylon and giving the world permission to contaminate them. This is a corrupt calendar that does not keep an accurate telling of time. And is based on a mathematical formula, not the Commanded Biblical criteria.

Biblical: (depends on how we reckon the first month of the year—and some are more complete than others)

• sun, sighting of the new moon, and barley reaching Abib stage—however, and problematic, I think this website does so without factoring-in constellations, but I'll include it so that you're aware that people are using this website and of its problems:

Today's date (again, what overlaps with September 14, 2017): 22nd day of the 6th month [torahcalendar.com] and at sunset it will be the start of 23rd day of the 6th month, The 22nd day of the 6th month started at sunset September 13, 2017 on the Gregorian calendar.

- 24-hour days start and end at sunset (Biblically fine)

- The only start/head of the year occurs in Spring (not winter nor autumn, but on the month that the passover is eaten and that they came out from Egypt). Biblically fine. Nevermind, they're adding in extra rosh hashanah's too. gonk emotion_sweatdrop

- This website didn't offer a number for the year we're currently in.

Their description and aim is to be:

Quote:
    A Scriptural, Historical and Scientific Restoration of the Creation Calendar used by Adam, Noah, Moses, the prophets, the Messiah and His Emissaries.
    )

Reading through the website, however, this sounds like the Karaite Jew calendar. Since it's missing any talk of the spring and fall equinoxes (sun signs, the greater of the two great lights) and the constellations (the lesser lights), but does place an emphasis on the sighting of the new moon and abib barley which they [Karaite Jews] are known to do.

Incompletely obedient to Scripture, though no pagan god names for months and weekdays that I can see. And after the fact: they're taking pagan-inspired Babylonian heads of the years into their calendar too.

• sun, conjunction moon, stars (constellations) ✓ , and barley harvest reaching abib stage (which 119 ministries has dubbed the Heaven and Earth calendar)

Today's date: 24th day of the 6th month and then, at sunset, 25th day of the 6th month.

- 24-hour days begin and end at sunset
- the month of the passover in Spring is the beginning of the year (I can definitely say, they hold to no other starts of the year)
- no Biblical year is given

How it differs from the above: 119 ministries is using the conjunction moon (not the first sighting of the moon), and heeds the sun, moon, and star constellations altogether (as the time indicator in the heavens above) not just the sighting of the abib stage of the barley (earthly sign below) to determine when Abib (the first month of the year) starts (and there is Biblical merit to this if you view the “Time: Our Creator's Calendar” series for the verses and Biblical patterns that demonstrate this hierarchy: heaven greater, earthly lesser, not either or, but both working together in the right order). Thus the discrepancy between 119 ministries' Biblical calendar and those “Torah calendars” used by Karaite Jews and certain Messianic Jewish/Christian congregations.

How we establish the first month of the year is crucial. Not giving all of the signs in the heavens primacy over the earthly signs can throw things off entirely. The barley ripening to abib stage and being seen by the human eye on the earth below (which can be faulty if looked at alone; what if there is enough and nobody sees it? That makes them delay the start of the month by a whole month—which happened last year [blog post documenting the big discrepancy]) and thus should never be looked at alone without the time signs in the heavens above. The abib barley is a second witness to the heavenly signs (there are certain signs in the sun and the stars [constellations] that come into the sky during a certain time of the year and before the barley becomes abib e.g. the spring equinox and the constellation Pisces [though it used to be Aries in past history] and there are historical references documenting these patterns in the stars at certain times of the year that are provided in the video series), but regardless of the constellations coming into the sky/being seen in Jerusalem, the Karaite Jews and certain Messianic Jewish congregations won't declare it Abib until they personally catch sight of enough ripened barley to the stage of abib in Jerusalem (putting too much importance on the lesser sign while ignoring the greater heavenly signs to reckon time).

Though I provided today's date for you: to arrive at today's date on the “Heaven and Earth” Biblical calendar from 119 ministries, you'll have to count back from the Day of Trumpets to see the date for September 14th, 2017 since they don't bother labeling all the days from sunset to sunset; they just go through the trouble of labeling the divine appointments + a few extra not-Commanded days (like Purim and Hannukah since they're mentioned in Scripture, in the Book of Esther [Esther 9:20-32] and the gospel of John [John 10:22], respectively). But knowing that the 6th month only has 29 days: that puts September 14, 2017 at the 24th day / 25th day of the 6th Biblical month).

I'll provide screenshots below since it may be difficult if you're not use to it.

Despite this, all three calendars (Gregorian, “Jewish”, and Biblical [even with the discrepancy on how to reckon the first month of the year in Spring]) have retained the 7-day week, and they put Shabbat/the 7th day of the week consistently coinciding with the Saturday on the Gregorian calendar and the 1st day of the week consistently coinciding with the Sunday on the Gregorian calendar. Historically, as the video series goes on to show, the Sabbath has always coincided with the Roman's Saturday. That said:

Screenshots:

Jewish – Hillel II Calendar - Elul 23, 5777 (Elul 24 at sunset); 1 day ahead of the Karaite Jews and Messianic Jews this year; 1 day delayed from 119 ministries' Heaven and Earth calendar; remember Hillel / Hillel II calendars are using a mathematical formula, not the Biblical criteria)

User Image

http://www.chabad.org/calendar/view/month_cdo/jewish/Month-View.htm

“Torah Calendar” - 22nd day of the 6th month and at sunset it will be the start of 23rd day of the 6th month (what Karaite Jews and certain Messianic Jewish congregations use; they ignore the significance of the sun and stars [constellation] signs when determining the Abib month; 2 days delayed from the Heaven and Earth Biblical calendar, 1 day delayed from the Hillel II calendar. Who is ahead or who is behind changes from year to year.)

User Image

http://www.torahcalendar.com/Calendar.asp?YM=Y2017M6

119 Ministries Calendar - 24th day of the 6th month and then, at sunset, 25th day of the 6th month
(utilized by Christians who accept all of the Bible and test everything—the most accurate in my opinion)

I put in spoilers because it's a little too big and page-stretching; scroll back up after you open the spoiler.
User Image

http://www.119ministries.com/resources/creators-calendar/calendar/

Gregorian Calendar in the USA - September 14, 2017

User Image

https://www.timeanddate.com/calendar/monthly.html?year=2017&month=9&country=1

(Needless to say, not the Biblical calendar by any stretch of the imagination. It's the most deviant out of the four—considering it's not even in the 6th month but on the 9th, and purely solar [like the Enochian calendar; no need for me to go there—but if you're curious, it was addressed in the Time: Our Creator's Calendar series] on top of the Gregorian's pagan god names; the Biblical calendar in contrast, besides lacking pagan god names, is...well, there's no word for it, not even lunisolar sufficiently applies since the Biblical calendar relies on more than the sun and the moon; the Biblical calendar would be something like lunisolarstellar+agricultural)

For easy viewing:

Gregorian Calendar - September 14, 2017; 14th day of the 9th month, and at midnight, 15th day of 9th month
Rabbinic Jew - Hillel II Calendar - Elul 23, 5777 (Elul 24 at sunset) (23rd day of 6th month, and at sunset 24th day of 6th month)
A mix of Karaite Jew and Messianic Jew / “Torah Calendar” - 22nd day of the 6th month and at sunset the start of 23rd day of the 6th month
Heaven and Earth Calendar - 24th day of the 6th month and then, at sunset, 25th day of the 6th month

Again for a comprehensive analysis on all the Biblical criteria, I highly recommend listening to / reading along with this video series: [Time: Our Creator's Calendar [Series]] — they offer way more Biblical information (and address other calendars) that I didn't cover here.

note: it WAS September 14, 2017 when I intended to hit submit. emotion_sweatdrop lol  

cristobela
Vice Captain

Interpretation of Scripture

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces