Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Prayer Requests
Physcially run down

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

musasgal

Stellar Helper

20,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Magical Gems 500
  • Battery 500
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:30 am
Hey guys. Sorry if I haven't been on as of late, but life really gets in the way.

Recently, I decided on a lifestyle change to improve myself by loosing weight to feel a lot better about myself. Already close to the 10kg loss mark and has being going to the gym 3 times a week. My church members are v. encouraging and supportive.

But as of late, I have been physically run down. Even with enough sleep, I feel really tired, and it really started has taken it's toll me. I also get sore limbs from time to time when I'm not working out. Plus with a busy week during the school term this time (my country's school year is different to the US school year), I don't have a chance to have a blob out day till Spring break.

Can I ask for some prayer for added strength and recovery please? I'm getting close of running on fumes and I don't want to burn out.
Thanks <3  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:33 am
Remember, our Heavenly Father too (first and foremost) gives us Commands to guard our own well-being/health. Make sure you're resting as He tells you to, not necessarily how man (nor self!) says to. He gives you a 24-hour period a week to "blob" (rest) and reset—physically as well, not just spiritually! It's in the instruction manual because we need it; it was made for us.

• Leviticus 23:3 (NIV)

"'There are six days when you may work, but the seventh day is a day of sabbath rest, a day of sacred assembly. You are not to do any work; wherever you live, it is a sabbath to the Lord.

• Mark 2:27 (NIV)

27 Then he said to them, “The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath.

• Exodus 20:8-11 (NIV)

8 “Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy. 9 Six days you shall labor and do all your work, 10 but the seventh day is a sabbath to the Lord your God. On it you shall not do any work, neither you, nor your son or daughter, nor your male or female servant, nor your animals, nor any foreigner residing in your towns. 11 For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, but he rested on the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy.

Be holy (set-apart) as He is holy (set-apart). Set the day apart.

Think of it as healing, physical therapy (and spiritual therapy) given by God, the Good Doctor: the Sabbath is all about becoming whole again. Healing can be done proactively, but also by passive means of rest. Schedule that into your week as busy as you may be. It's for your own good. Advancing into the world, but at what cost? Failing to witness of the Creator as He wants and to invest in your own health as He sees is best? Let it not be. His Commands protect us in more ways than one. Remember to trust His Way.

cristobela
Vice Captain

Prayer Requests

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces