Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Anime RPG's
"Hero On A Quest" RPG - General Description

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:37 pm
Greetings Everyone,

The "Hero On a Quest" RPG took me a long time to create from scratch. This thread has the general description of the RPG. It includes a lot of information that is needed to play the RPG. So please refer to it often when playing one of the "Hero On A Quest" RPG missions.

Smithers456 (Ron)
Guild Captain (Anime Conventions: The Global Connection Guild & The Anime Role Playing Extraordinaire Guild)  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:40 pm
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the "Hero On A Quest" RPG. This will be one of the first RPG's on this Guild.

RPG Type: Warrior / Mage

Theme: Quest - In search of magical artifacts, long journey from St Louis, Missouri, to Japanese village in a mountainous region

Character Types: In America & Japan. Warriors, Mages, Sorcerers, General town folk (Store, business, Inn, Sheriff & deputies, & restaurant employees, school children, relatives, etc), and All Fantasy & All Horror Creatures.

NPC Character Types: In America & Japan. Warriors, Mages, Sorcerers, Barbarians, All Fantasy & All Horror Creatures, General town folk (Store, business, Inn, Sheriff & deputies, & restaurant employees, school children, teachers, relatives, etc), Native Americans, Cowboys & Cowgirls, Army Soldiers, and Japanese Hierarchy.

Weapons & useful items: Regular and magical swords (Example - Syaoran has a magical flaming sword), Regular and magical staffs (Example - Syaoran has a dimension travel portal generator), magical artifacts, maces, clubs, bow and arrow, etc.

Setting’s & locations: USA - Frontier town’s (including Inn’s), Forts, open plains country, mountains, beaches, Pacific Sea Ports (Boats appropriate for the 1850’s time period, sailing both war and passenger, pirate, navy, freight). Japan - Mountains, valley’s, Sea Ports (Boats appropriate for 1850’s time period, Fishing, “Junk” - freight & home type, battle war craft), towns & villages (including schools, palaces,).

Mission - 1850's Earth, St Louis, Missouri Time period. Word of an ancient object discovered in Japan. Mission - Organize a group to go to a mountainous village in Japan, find the object and investigate what it does. Descriptions of the object varies but most say it glows. Many battles along the way (both sea and land). New friends and foes also found along the way.

Currency - The types of currency in the United States before the Civil War was mostly Gold and Silver coins with a face of a notable person on the front and the current American seal on the back of the coin. Their was also paper money distributed by different banks but a lot of towns would not accept paper money that wasn’t created in their town. In other words most people would make sure to carry Gold and Silver Coins. For this mission I will have $10 & $20 Silver Coins & $20, $50, $100, and $200 Gold Coins. The coins worth will be on the front of the coin along with it’s origin (P stamped on it for Philadelphia, D for Denver, and S for San Francisco. Everyone in the United States accepts all three types of stamped coins).

I don’t know what the currency was for 1850’s Japan was. My best guess is that they would also have coins of different types. Instead of dollars their currency would be in Yen. To make things simple the yen will have a similar system as the dollar coins in the United States. 10 yen & 20 yen Silver Coins & 20 yen, 50 yen, 100 yen, and 200 yen Gold Coins.

Of course their would be an exchange rate. I will pick an exchange rate of 1 dollar of USA currency will equal 10 yen (Example: $10 = 100 yen). In other words you would need 10 silver yen coins to equal 1 10 dollar silver coin or 20 gold yen coins to equal 1 20 dollar gold coin. Basically a ten percent exchange rate.

General RPG Rules: Posts around 150 words or longer within reason, follow Gaia TOS and Rules & Regulations, PG13 in Nature, Some gore & battle damage (Please don’t overdo).

Make sure to read all previous posts after your last post to see if another character (Regular or NPC) wants to interact with your characters (Use tags in your posts for specific characters), and to keep track of the progress of the journey / quest.

Note JP’s (Joint Posts) can be done: Two or more characters can do private messages back and forth to build the JP and then post it noting which characters were used. (Please don’t make JP’s too long and use a reasonable amount of time to make sure that the JP characters are able to keep up with the rest of the group). Make a title for your post.

Also beware of the date and passage of time. Dates will most likely be noted in my characters posts. Please post regular & typical RPG posts. Don’t do silly posts or ones that mess up the ongoing story lines, Plots, Feel free to post interactions between your characters.

I’m going to create a general chat topic for the main forum and both sub forums. Please use them to interact with members of the guild. Chats can vary from general ones to specific ones having friendly discussions about the current RPG’s. Any problems between characters or members should be dealt with by reasonable and rational chats or private messages. If the conflict is not resolved please contact me through the question topic or by private message. Note: Feel free to start new topics related to RPG’s in general, character generation, settings, themes, etc.

Have fun!!

Sincerely,
Smithers456 Guild Captain  
Anime Role Playing Extraordinaire Guild  

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
Anime RPG's