Hello everybody! It's the guild's newest crew member, Dark! The guild captain has put me up to task on creating a RPG style for the people not so experienced in playing so that everyone can learn and enjoy the fun. Also in construction is a different format of the character creation form for people interested in playing but aren't as experienced in making characters or as creative in designing characters as others. The new version has, of course, rules so it's easier for everyone to act out their part and also makes it easier for people to understand what's going on.

First off is how to talk in one of the RPGs that will follow these guidelines. In order to have your character say something, the sentence(s) must be within the following symbols, use ". . ." to outline that your saying something.

To perform a direct action (meaning that your character is doing something that can cause another character to perform the requested action) it must include this rule, use *. . . *.

To write something that is not a part of the RPG and want to include it, use outside talk (lets call it OST for short), you must write OST within these two symbols, (. . .).

As an example--- I will use 2 characters. Emily and Paul

Paul walked into the living room and found Emily sitting on the couch watching TV (There is action but it is not a direct action).

"Hey Emily. What are you watching?" Paul questioned. (Paul was speaking so the sentence requires the ". . ." symbols.)

Emily turned and faced Paul, saying "Why don't you join me? I'm watching this really awesome anime" (Emily is now speaking which requires the ". . ." ).

*Emily pats the seat cushion next to her* (Emily is using a direct action to get Paul to sit next to her which requires the *. . .*)

(And finally, if you haven't noticed, I've been using the OST to be a guide for what to do in each situation.)

-------

I have color-coded the different types that I used to make it easier to understand what I'm talking about. It is not necessary to use colors when you write your part of the RPG.

-------

I am working on how to prevent mix-ups with postings from multiple people responding at the same time so I will keep an eye on the RPGs to determine if a solution is necessary and how to provide one if needed.

-------

Anything I missed or if you don't understand something about this, leave a comment and I will make sure to fix it.

Now, get ready for a new story to begin!

-Dark