Meet D'cimus

User Image
Name: D'cimus (Formerly Decimus)
Sex: Male
Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual
Weyr: High Reaches Weyr
Rider Rank: Wingrider
Previous Rank/Craft: N/A
Physical Description: D'cimus is not a very handsome man. His face has three scars, one that goes right across his left eye, one over the bridge of his nose and the other on his chin. His hair is a dark brown that is cut short, and he does have a goatee as well. His eyes are a dark green and always narrowed in a very harsh expression.

Considered a giant of a man, D'cimus is tall, standing at 6 feet 10 inches tall. He has the physique to match, all muscle. Being built like a brick wall can definitely have it's advantages.

Personality: When first meeting D'cimus many people are intimidated. The man doesn't help his appearance anyway with this either. A childhood that was harsh prompted D'cimus to learn how to take care of himself from an early age. Because of this, he has become tough, especially compared to many who have been weyrbred or live a cushy lifestyle. D'cimus doesn't really care for people who completely rest upon their laurels, if you have the drive to rise up, you will gain respect from D'cimus by doing what you can to rise higher or keep your position.

Surprisingly, D'cimus is a very disciplined man. He had to learn to be such from an early age as he was born and raised in Nabol as a miner, more like a slave though. He learned to take directions easily from his higher ups and he doesn't question them, not outright of course. He would never outrightlty disobey anyone, especially not someone who he respects.

Along with being disciplined, D'cimus is extremely loyal. Once his respect and loyalty has been gained, there is a huge change you will not lose it. D'cimus will turn a blind eye to a lot of things for the people who he deems himself close to. This also ties into the fact that, D'cimus is not exactly a nice guy, and doesn't really have a moral code. Perhaps part of the reason for a missing moral code could deal with his childhood and what he saw as he grew up. Nabol isn't the best place to grow up if you want a child with a glowing disposition.

D'cimus himself is not ambitious, but he does have a devious mind. He will not hesitate to go down a different path from other people, not afraid to make enemies from others and help those he trusts get to where they need to go. While he does not really show this side of him much, as the man doesn't really speak so much as grunt, it can be hard to even begin to tell what is going on in his head.

One thing I will tell you is to not cross D'cimus, the man holds a grudge and when he goes to get revenge, it is not so simple. He takes a pit of pride from seeing people who have wronged him in a position where they are beneath him. Emerging as a dragonrider suddenly, going back to Nabol to collect tithes is something that he really enjoyed.
Positive Trait List Disciplined, Loyal, Tough
Negative Trait List Amoral, Devious, Vindictive  

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:44 am
Where have you been

Born Decimus, the son of a miner and drudge of Nabol hold, he never had much of a future. His mother was an addict and once he was born, he never had contact with her again. He was raised to become a miner by his father and quickly had it beaten into him to not rebel of disrespect authority. This never made a loving relationship between Decimus and his father and the boy even began to hate his father, wishing horrible things to befall him.

Life continued this way until Decimus was fourteen years old. He was already growing into the giant of the man he would someday become, and easily dwarfed his father. He continued to quietly go about his life, imaging ways he could eventually one up those who had disrespected him. It was after a shift in the mine that something very strange happened. Decimus was searched. The rider and dragon didn't really give Decimus a chance and he was ready enough to leave Nabol for the chance of something better that he didn't question it.

Life as a candidate was not much different from the life he had been living before. He was near the bottom of the ladder, one step above drudges as he had always been, but there was more of a chance for him to gain a bit more prestige, he didn't want much, just enough to be higher then his father and even those who ran the mines.

It was as a candidate that Decimus met a man younger then him that gained his loyalty. Kovalienn was a weyrbrat and Decimus normally wouldn't have spent much time with the other male if the drive wasn't what attracted him to the man. There was something that helped to make the two compliment one another, Kovalienn was the brains, the man who wanted to rise up higher then anyone else and Decimus was the muscle and not afraid to get his hands dirty. Even getting into trouble didn't scare him, they could not, and would not, be as bad as the punishments he had gotten back in Nabol.

As if to cement their friendship, Decimus and Kovalienn even managed to impress from the same clutch. It was strange for Decimus to see a blue tackle and attack the bronze that was meant to impress his friend and he would have intervened if it had been necessary for him to do. As such, soon after this Decimus found himself eye to eye with a large blue hatchling with whirling eyes. His Amroth had found him and managed to impress to him. Their size complimented one another very well, though Amroth was a bit more gentle then the newly minted D'cimus.

D'cimus stayed K'ienn's muscle throughout weyrling training and as they two continued to grow and K'ienn had managed to begin a relationship with the lovely Olliah, D'cimus watched on, though he would never admit to his friend that he too had a crush upon the young woman. While she was with K'ienn he was able to be close to her without having to try anything, so when their relationship ended, D'cimus was in a very conflicted state.

With the return of Thread and the new hatching, D'cimus is turning his strength towards helping the weyr to fight thread, though he still remains loyal to K'ienn, willing to be a stepping stone to help his friend reach the heights he wants.
Other: Surpsingly, D'cimus likes fragile, sweet and cute things. He hides this fairly well.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:47 am
Meet Blue Amroth

User Image

Name: Amroth
Color: Blue
Size: 32
Physical Description: Amroth is a lovely dark shade of blue. On the larger side for a blue and a bit stockier then you would expect, Amroth fits his rider fairly well.
Personality: Amroth is as sweet as can be. He does his best to remind D'cimus that not everyone is as horrible as they are in Nabol and to keep his bonded from delving into too many dark thoughts. He enjoys the company of others and does a bit more of the talking then D'cimus does, as the other prefers to let actions speak louder then words.

Known to preen himself, Amroth likes attention from males and females. There are times he does wish he could have been a green or a gold, though he would never let anyone else know this, because all eyes fall upon those lovely ladies. He is a show off, liking to have eyes on him, something he will sometimes fight with D'cimus about, who prefers to stay in the background. While Amroth does enjoy the spotlight, he understands his place as a blue, a fighting dragon and that he could never rise higher then where he is, which doesn't bother him.

He enjoys the best that life has to offer and tries to get D'cimus to enjoy the sweeter things and more luxurious things, now that he is a dragon rider, but he finds his headstrong rider to be determined to keep things spartan, much to his chagrin.  

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100