Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Gymnasium & HH } ---------PVP/ Return of the Haunted House
[PRP] If Wishes Were Horses (Merric + Lysander) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:58 pm

Lysander found the haunted house deeply deeply unsettling. The dusty grey wood and strange winding hallways didn’t seem to follow natural laws and there were times he could swear that even the dimensions of the place didn’t follow the expected rules of the world with rooms opening larger than should have been possible without regard for the dimensions of where he’d been. It spooked him, setting him on edge. There was something about the otherworldly between which reminded him of a story someone in his work had told him about a book called House of Leaves where a normal looking house stretched off into some other strange place where logic dictated it could not be. He wished he’d brought Roswell, certain that the other man’s practical leaning would keep him on a clear path through the house and back to where they’d come from. Instead he was on his own and at no time in his life had decisions made on his own initiative led him anywhere but astray.

He realised with a slow sickening feeling that he had no idea how to get back out. He’d not left any sort of trail to follow or any sort of guide to find his way back to the way he’d come in. Panic surged in his chest until his crisis was mitigated by Herald who spoke up.

<>
This relaxed him again, the cold chill of panic fading as quickly as it had come. What had been for a moment a prison was now once again an adventure to explore.

He was alone here, there hadn’t been a single soul for over an hour and he wasn’t sure there would be. The hunter he’d spoken to at the entrance had told him that most of the time you didn’t meet anything, that it was a good way to get fit without peril. He hoped that was the case as he made his way through a sequence of delipidated great halls with tables covered with ominous sheets to protect from the dust. This part of the house had a feeling of a grand palace left long unused, colours fading and grandeur flaking away as they were ravaged by time. His footsteps echoed and all in all the sight before him filled him with a melancholy for grand things gone away for ever.

He didn’t know how long he’d been walking for, room after room unfurling before him when he finally heard a noise.

It was a slow click and clopping sound, followed by a low rustle of something dragged across the floor. He froze, stopping dead and in his panic summoning forth his weapon. He wanted to be brave and demand whatever it was show itself, but he wasn’t brave. Instead he got under one of the covered tables, the cobwebs making his skin crawl but knowing that anything was better than what was coming his way.

He curled up as small as his tall frame would allow, trying not to breathe any louder than he had to and waited. The sounds got closer and finally he could see a huge set of paws, larger than any animal he’d ever seen with huge wicked claws – the source of the clicking – followed up by a sturdy and lethal looking pair of hooves. The rustling was a long long serpentine tail which undulated across the floor behind the beast. It was larger than the largest horse and covered in an almost iridescent silvery fur and black mottled markings.
It looked incredibly dangerous.

All he could hope was that it went along its way, unable to do anything but wait as it reached his hiding place and then stopped.

He couldn’t see its face but he could hear it flick its tongue and then, just when he thought it was going to lunge at him, it spoke.

“I know you are there.” It said, its voice as polite and cordial as any upper class person he’d met at university, utterly out of place with the almost draconic appearance of the thing. “I can feel your heat, I can taste you, you are impossssible to missss.” And it lowered its massive head to look him in the eye with a white slitted one. “You are a hunter.” It said as it got a look at his coat.
“I like hunters.” And the smile reached very far back on its jaw, uncovering rows of razor sharp looking teeth glistening with saliva against black gums. ”And I like something about you.”

The enormous tail slipped under the table and wrapped a tip as strong as a fist around his ankle, pulling him out of his hiding spot and holding him upside down for inspection. He wanted to lash out but part of him also felt that right now starting a fight was maybe the worst thing in the world that he could do, getting the distinct feeling that he was outmatched by the creature in front of him.
This close he could smell its breath and fur, smells which should have been animalistic and unpleasant but which appealed to his senses like the most flattering scent, something musky and primal about them, disarming to an extreme. He relaxed, forgetting why he’d wanted to fight at all, his arms going limp as he gave the creature a solely curious look.

“Your name.” it said.

“Lysander Astoria.” He replied without much hesitation. It quirked another smile.
“I am Zar.” It said. “You are a very interesting human.” And it seemed to consider him carefully before standing him up again the correct way up. Every movement reminded him that that tail was all muscle, aware that as gentle as it had been with him that it could just as easily have cracked his bones with a whim. Oddly, this thought didn’t disturb him as much as it should have and he idly found himself thinking that it probably wouldn’t be so bad.

<> his weapon said, concerned. He didn’t feel like anything was wrong at all.

“I think I’m going to help you.” The creature said, the tail around his waist. “Out of the goodness of my heart. I feel like we have something in common you and I. I can practically smell it off you, it’s not like other humans.”
Lysander didn’t say anything, curious more than anything else what a creature like this could offer him.

“I’m going to give you something and you are going to owe me a favour. Just a favour, nothing concrete, something later. I’ve long been curious about hunters, and what sort of things you little creatures can do. What do you say?”
Lysander gave the creature a thoughtful look. Anyone else might have said no, anyone else might have decided this was madness and completely crazy. Anyone else might have told this Zar where to shove it. Lysander was not anyone else, he was in fact a bit greedy and a bit arrogant. He told himself that anything this creature thought it had on him he could outsmart. It was the kind of innate arrogance which had driven him to think that his lawyers could outsmart Deus. It didn’t matter that they hadn’t, it hadn’t dented his determination that it was still possible somewhere far down the line.

“Sure.” he said. “I’ll owe you a favour, I’m not one to turn down a helpful offer from the supernatural.”

There was a jingling of leather and a faint salty smell of the ocean and the creature produced - from who even knew where - a strange set of reins, held loosely in its claws. Its shape wavered and in a breif moment it changed from a monster to something more humanoid, though its tail did not lose its grip even a little.

“Supernatural indeed.” The demon said. “If it is a deal, then we must shake on it.”

“Well a handshake’s only business.” Lysander said and extended his hand. It was taken in a set of long claws and there was a sharp pain on his buttock that was briefly over.

“It’s a deal.” crooned the demon. “I’ll be back to collect my favour when I need it.” And he was handed the reins.

Anyone else might have panicked, might has asked what just happened, anyone else might have been suspicious of making a deal with a demon and what they were now burdened with.

Anyone else was not Lysander.

“Sure.” he said with a big smile. The coils loosened.

“Go try out your new toy.” the silvery skinned creature said. “I have places to be. But I’ll find you again when I need to, Lysander Astoria.”

And with a wink, it turned away, shifting back into the strange goat-like thing and sauntering off on its way, in the opposite direction he’d been going.
It was certainly turning out to be a very, very strange day, he thought to himself, before keeping right on through the house, his new reins clinking quietly in the muffled house.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:47 pm
At some point in time, the House had shifted.

Merric had no knowledge of when that had occurred, exactly, anymore than he had any knowledge of how long it had been since the creature had disappeared. He was still lying on the ground where he'd been left; the strength to move seemed impossibly far away. Merric's right arm was bent at an angle that suggested it had been dislocated, and there was blood streaked violently scarlet all up and down the same arm.

The nausea had abated - at least for now, though Merric still felt dizzy and unsteady. Blackness was threatening at the edges of his vision, every breath a pain in his chest, rising and falling unevenly as Merric struggled to calm down - and failed at it.

The panic was still there, the fear that the thing would come back. He had to get up and leave, and yet that seemed too much of an unbelievable thing; Merric had shifted, just a little, a small effort at sitting up and had almost passed out just from that.

Eventually, he found a bit of strength to roll over onto his side - his left side - and almost screamed in agony as his dislocated arm shifted, Merric's hair sweat dampened as he pressed his forehead into the rotting wood and tried just to breathe.

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:35 pm

Lysander felt like he was on some sort of walking tour of an old house and was wondering how he was going to explain the whole reins thing to Roswell without him losing his mind about it when he spotted something oddly out of the ordinary - at least for what he'd seen thusfar - from this distance it looked like a pile of clothes on the floor or something.

Except he was sure it was moving and that the noise he'd just heard wasn't just the creaking of an old house.

"Are you all right?" he asked as he got nearer, only to realise with sinking horror that whoever it was wasn't all right.

And whoever it was was Merric.

"s**t!" he said out loud, not normally one to swear but entirely feeling it was warranted right now, moving at a jog towards the man. "I didn't know you were in here!" he said, suddenly panicked and not sure what you could even do to help someone so roughed up. "What happened to you, can you talk?"

kuropeco

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:16 pm
The voice came from far away, warbling in and out through Merric's hazy mind. A gloved hand - his good one - curled against the floor, Merric's forehead still against the wood, fingers clenched so tightly that beneath the fabric his knuckles were white.

A frisson of fear went through him, panic rising instantly, because of course the creature had come back - of course he had come to kill him, and he was going to die here in this place, this terrible, awful place -

The cadence, the familiar low accent, the startled syllables -

It wasn't the creature. It was, of all people, Lysander, the one person that Merric could have possibly cried wishing to see while simultaneously mortified and frustrated that this was how he was found. Lying on the floor of a Haunted House with his arm a mess and his clothes a bloody tangle.

Merric lifted his head, gaze slightly unfocused, but his gray eyes managed to find Lysander's face anyway, trying to make sure that it was actually him and he wasn't hallucinating from the pain.

"...Lysander," he said hoarsely; his throat felt raw. "What...what are you doing here..?"

Baneful

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:25 pm

Lys in his usual bright way said. "I was just patrolling!" and the reins were hurriedly stowed away to free up his hands. "You are hurt." he said anxiously. "I'll bring you back. Can I pick you up?"

He remembered something vague and far away about not touching someone who had a back injury. Did Merric have one?

kuropeco

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:30 pm
It was so very Lysander that it almost made Merric want to smile, were he not in a dreadful amount of pain currently. He wanted very badly to just get out of this damn place, to be far, far away from this terrifying, agonizing place that made him feel sick and dizzy.

"Yes, but - " Merric swallowed hard. "Not until - we'd have to put...put my arm back in place, it's...dislocated, and it'll hurt much less after - after that, but moving with it now is..."

He trailed off (as usual) and tried very hard not to seem as weak and pathetic as he currently was, especially because he was in front of Lysander and somehow it felt worse.

Baneful

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:07 pm

Lysander gave Merric a distressed look, the colour draining out of his features. Putting an arm back into place. He barely knew how an arm should sit normally and the thought of that much reliance on him made him nauseous.

But he had to help, and he could be decisive when he had to be.

Reaching out he took Merric's arm firmly. "Don't bite your tongue." he said.

And tried to twist it back into place.

kuropeco

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:36 pm
This time, Merric really did pass out, although it was only for a few seconds, vision blurring, then blanking completely as he screamed. Pain ricocheted violently up and down his entire body, hot fire and scalding needles where his shoulder was supposed to meet his arm.

"W-wait - " Merric gasped out, when he could breathe again. "W-wait. Just - "

With as much effort as he could possibly muster, he shifted onto his back again and felt only the smallest iota of relief at this position. He swallowed hard against the nausea, closing his eyes briefly, feeling as though he should be more wary of Lysander helping - except that Lysander was strong and a decent amount taller than him, which worked well in this situation.

"Do it - slowly - pull outwards - " Merric said hoarsely. "And brace your foot against my side if you - need to. Don't jerk it into - into place, just pull out steadily."

Baneful

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:20 pm

Lysander thought for a horrible terrifying second that he'd somehow managed to kill Merric and his heart leapt up in his throat. He was relieved - but not happy - when he resumed talking again, still alive but still hurting.

It wasn't fixed yet either.

He was out of breath, not from exertion but horror at what he was seeing and at himself. "All right." he said, taking a deep breath. "I'll try."

He carefully tried to follow Merric's instructions, though didn't hesitate either.

kuropeco

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:31 pm
The good thing about a dislocated arm was that once it was put back into place, the sheer agony would subside to something much more manageable.

The bad thing was that it was sheer agony just putting it back into place in the first place.

Lysander, for all of his lazy elegance and tendency towards shirking duty, at least knew how to follow instructions once given when it came to this sort of thing, Merric learned. There wasn't the tentativeness he had almost expected, Lysander's grasp firm; there was a few seconds in which the pain almost overwhelmed Merric, black spots curling at his vision, nausea thick in his throat, and then -

Clunk.

It was a bizarre feeling that still hurt, Merric crying out, his body jerking - but the fire was already starting to recede, arm settling back into place. He took a deep, steadying breath that shook, Merric blinking rapidly, his vision a little blurry.

"There," he said, in a tone he had tried to make calm but nevertheless came out a little unsteady. He gave Lysander a smile. "Good as new."

Minus everything else that was wrong. Merric reached out his good hand and gently touched the side of Lysander's arm.

"Thank you."

Baneful

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:05 pm

Just when Lysander thought he was going to have to give up or risk torturing Merric past the point of no return he felt the arm thunk back into place in his grip. He exhaled, not even having realised he was holding his breath at all.

"G..good." he said, his hands shaking a little as he let go of Merric's arm.

"No problem!" he said a little too brightly and reached down to scoop the other man up in his arms. "Ha ha, it wasn't so hard. Want me to do it again?" he laughed nervously before stopping himself. "..let's not though honestly."

"Are you ready to go back?" he asked carefully.

kuropeco

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:15 pm
For once, the self-consciousness was tamped down (mostly). There was still the stupid flutter in his stomach, but most of Merric's flush this time had to do with the shame of being found in this condition at all instead of the usual reason why he was red faced.

"Yes," he said fervently. "Very, very ready."

He was silent for a moment, his good hand curling in the front of Lysander's shirt mostly just for something to hold onto, and for something to do with his fingers, which felt useless. Merric eased out a ragged breath, eyes closing momentarily before they opened again.

"Were you just...on patrol here?"

Baneful

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:02 am

"Er. Yeah. Sort of. It's one of the few places I'm allowed to be, and someone was telling me it's usually safe." He gave Merric's injuries another look. "Clearly not telling the whole truth I guess."

He wanted to bring up the demon, wanted to tell Merric he'd met something that was totally not human and walked away to tell the tale, but he felt that maybe now wasn't quite the time for that, now was the time to be getting Merric back to safety and a place of recovery.

"Right lets go." he said, holding the other man close as he freed up a hand to take hold of his pendant and say the pertinent words.

It was always a shock being jolted back to a tropical island from a dusty place like the haunted house and he immediately made his way in the direction of the infirmary. "What happened to you?" he asked as they went.

kuropeco

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:22 pm
He let out a small laugh that hurt his chest.

"Maybe I just had the...misfortune of running into the worst of them all," Merric said weakly. His eyes flickered downwards to the pendant, and then, with a quick flutter of - magic - whatever it was - they were back on Deus, and everything was once again familiar.

It was a bizarre feeling, but somehow a welcome one. Merric sagged against Lysander, closing his eyes.

"There was...a creature, a...zombie or something, I think. He was..."

Horrible, his own mind supplied. Merric swallowed back the reminders of the fight and said, "...rotting. Skeletal. He...wanted to kill me, I think, he was entirely ruthless and vicious. There was no...nothing nice or safe about him at all."

He remembered the nausea, the fear clogging his throat.

"He...pulled my arm free and then he bit me and I thought - "

Merric took a breath. "Well. Anyway. I'm still here, thankfully."

Baneful

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:03 pm

"You aren't much for luck you know." Lysander said, glad to be back on Deus where he could get help for Merric, unable to shake the deep concern that he might possibly turn into a zombie at some point.

"They sound horrible. I met a...demon?? Something like that in there too. It was huge, bigger than a horse. It seemed...more friendly than whatever you ran into."

"And I'm glad you are still here, but lets get you to the infirmary so you continue to be here. I mean. Zombies and all..."

kuropeco

{ Gymnasium & HH } ---------PVP/ Return of the Haunted House

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces