Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Classrooms } ---------------- Classes/ Open Classes/ EXAMS ARE HERE
[Class] Spice up your Life (fyrion)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Steal

Kindred Collector

25,500 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:24 pm
NAME OF CLASS: SPICE UP YOUR LIFE
PROFESSOR ToT-er NAME: Static

General Information: Static can't get enough of this season. Never enough. Everything is pumpkin spice flavoured or scented, and it's the absolute best thing to ever exist, ever. Lattes, candles, booze, just…everything! So she wants to know: what else can be pumpkin spice'd up?

The Course: Create something that manages to passably use one staple ingredient: Pumpkin Spice*.
* - please note, no respawn or offspring pumpkins will be used or harmed in the making of deliciously spiced foods

Mechanics - Solo:
PART ONE: The base
Now, everything starts with a base. This does as well! When you choose this class, it's assumed that Static hands you something from one of the categories below. The categories themselves are incredibly vague, so you have to decide what it is exactly that she handed you to pumpkin spice up!

Roll a 1d20:
1: A drink. (Off-limits: Lattes, Alcohol)
2: A liquid of some sort (Off limits: anything that is already listed as off-limits)
3: A vegetable.
4: A fruit.
5: A raw meat.
6: A cooked meat.
7: Something that was probably once food, at one point, maybe.
8: An inanimate object. (Off-limits: anything that is already listed as off-limit)
9: A hair product. (Off-limits: Shampoo/Conditioner)
10: A mouth product.
11: A skin product. (Off-limits: Soaps, Perfumes)
12: Make-up.
13: Nail product. (Finger, toe, or spike-growth kind of nail)
14: Clothing of some sort.
15: A toy.
16: Something you could find in a crafter's desk (Off-limits: anything that is already listed as off-limit)
17: Home decor. (Off-limits: Candles)
18: Office Stationery
19: Dessert (Off-limits: Pie, Cheesecake)
20: A book.
Once you have your vague category, choose something more specific that fits in it, that it not already off limits! (Example: I roll a 14. My category is clothing. I think about it for a while, and decide that my character was handed a left sock. My character now has to try and pumpkin spice a left sock. I RP out my character being confused as to why they have to pumpkin spice a sock.)
Once you have completed this, you may move on to part two!

PART TWO: The Spice-ening
Alright, well. You have your base, for better or for worse. You then get handed a rather monstrous container of this fabled pumpkin spice. Time to add it in! …Somehow…

Roll a 1d4
1: Oh, what the heck, you dump the whole darn container into/onto/around/etc onto your base. (-5)
2: You put only a little bit of spice in/on/around/etc it. (no value)
3: You put a moderate amount of the spice in/on/around/etc it. (+2)
4: You try to be smart about it, and you strive to find a good balance between the thing, and the amount of spice it needs. (+5)
RP out your character trying to add pumpkin spice to whatever unfortunate thing they've been given. (Example: My character still has that sock. I roll a 1d4, and get a 1. I RP them being so fed up by this sock that they just fill it with pumpkin spice until it overflows, then I try to seal the sock to make a really weird air freshener.)
Once you have completed this, you may move on to part three!

PART THREE: The Judge
Right. So. You got your thing. You spice'd it up. Now you take it to Static, to see how she likes it!

Roll a 1d20. Add or subtract the bracketed value you received in part two to your total roll, and match your results below:
1-5: Static seems to have gotten bored and left the building entirely. You didn't even see her leave. (Fail!)
6-10: She really does not like what you created. At all. (Fail!)
11-15: Well, she's not unhappy with it, but decides that you can keep it. (Grudging pass)
16-20: She LOVES IT. So much so that she takes it and leaves with it. It's hers now, sorry! (Pass!)
Example: In Part 2, I rolled a 1. Meaning I have a -5 modifier on this roll. I finally roll my 1d20, and I get a 15. 15-5=10. Turns out, Static did not like my invention! I have failed.
RP this out! Static doesn't talk much when she isn't on air as a radio DJ. She will mostly use body language and a few weird static-sounding noises to get across how she's feeling!
Once you have completed this part either pass/fail, please check the FAIL/FINISH quote box below!

Mechanics - Group:
You can do this in a group, but each character will have to do every roll on their own. Static will hand out as many items, and judge as many things, as there are people!

Bonus Mechanics:
--none--

Quote:
YOU LOSE/FINISH THIS CLASS WHEN…

Lose: If you fail to impress Static, you lose! You get +2 rp points if you managed to go over 600 words.
Successfully Complete: If you impress Static, you win! You get +2 rp points if you managed to go over 600 words, AND you get the fabulous super cool IC ability below:

Super cool IC ability that you get because of this: You can now passably pumpkin spice flavour/scent anything.

~*~CONGRATULATIONS~*~

Steal rolled 1 20-sided dice: 11 Total: 11 (1-20)
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:33 pm
Vayne had not yet been to a class so when he saw the interesting name of this one he couldn't help but walk in. He wanted to know what there was to learn here. He could smell pumpkin, spices and other interesting scents in the air. He didn't know just how this was going to go but hey, what harm could it all do?

He moved to a table and was surprised to be handed something right away. With a arched brow he looked at the item in front of him. The item seemed to be some weird kind of blusher or something. He wondered what the heck he was supposed to do with this. He lifted out the little puff thing that came with it and tapped it against his skin seeing the weird puff of pinkish shade. Okay, not something he would want to use himself but it seemed to be what he was supposed to deal with.

He shrugged a bit and put the stuff in front of him and waited to hear what he was intended to do with it.  

Steal

Kindred Collector

25,500 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
Steal rolled 1 4-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-4)

Steal

Kindred Collector

25,500 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:03 am
He frowned more at the blusher then shrugged a tiny bit, if he was supposed to do this he was going to do it. Now what was it? It was clear that the it, was pumpkin spice, when he was handed the huge container. He really didn't know what he was supposed to do, and he started to just look around to see what others were doing. The big issue was, none of them seemed to have an idea what they were doing either. He took a breath and scooped in some of the spice, but.. well that didn't seem to do anything, and it was a blusher, so like, what was a base of spice going to do?

He then took the blusher and poured it into the spice, mixing it that way, maybe that was what he was given something that big for, just to mix them and see if it created a kind of reaction? Some of the others were doing the same thing so it seemed that maybe it was the right thing to do. The person heading the class was wandering around and so the phoenix figured that all he could do was wait and see what happened next.  
Steal rolled 1 20-sided dice: 10 Total: 10 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:04 am
Vayne stood waiting by the table to see what the class lead was going to say about his mixture. He thought it was interesting if nothing else, it made the blusher an interesting shade of orange and it made it smell different that was for sure. He stood patiently only to see that he was passed by several times.

Why would someone keep passing him, no answer of course, the phoenix frowned a little and watched more and more as the items were either graded good or insulted, not that he minded that. He could deal with being insulted. What he couldn't' deal with was what happened. He raised his hand to show he was ready to be graded and again he was passed. Had he done something wrong, it would have had to have been epicly wrong to be so ignored. He parted his lips, trying to get interest again but then the class lead actually turned and left the room, not just passed him by but walked out looking like she was bored with the whole thing. He didn't want to have to think that but it seemed to indeed be what the case was.  

Steal

Kindred Collector

25,500 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
Steal rolled 1 20-sided dice: 17 Total: 17 (1-20)

Steal

Kindred Collector

25,500 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:19 am
Try number 2

Vayne had clearly failed his first try at adding pumpkin spice to something. He had made such a mess out of his first try,and managed to make a pumpkin spice pile of.. well pumpkin spice. It only held a hint of he blusher that should have been the base and ended up more like the spice.

He was handed this time a piece of home decor. A picture? He looked at the picture and frowned a moment. Wait now, this is even less likely to be able to spiced than the previous item. He frowned at it and waited, maybe this time they would give him something else to work with rather than that pumpkin spice? Maybe he would have an idea of how to deal with it? Ugh this was just enough to make him a little dizzy and confused. He was supposed to be making a pumpkin spice picture. Just the frame, the whole thing?

He looked at Static, finally now knowing who he was dealing with as the class head at least, and thought about raising his hand and asking for something else. He didn't want to do this but he was already here and he was going to make the best of what he was doing. Fine, he was going to make a pumpkin spice picture.  
Steal rolled 1 4-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-4)
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:27 am
Spiceing  

Steal

Kindred Collector

25,500 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
Steal rolled 1 20-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-20)

Steal

Kindred Collector

25,500 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:28 am
Judging  
{ Classrooms } ---------------- Classes/ Open Classes/ EXAMS ARE HERE

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash