Submit

DruidTigeress

Sparkly Genius

25,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:24 pm
After leaving L'an's weyr, Migel headed straight for the candidate barracks in a hurry. True, the rider might have told him that mornings were slow after a flight, but just being late to chores was the least of his worries.

Nothing could have happened.. he tried to reassure himself. Don't would have come to get him if it did. Unless they killed him first... he thought. That's how Migel would do it. Catch the flitter, slit its throat before it had a chance to between, then finish the job. But he was being paranoid now. He intentionally kept the brown flitt a secret. No one would know about that. No one should even know they were in the Weyr yet. At least not long enough to stage an assassination attempt.

Cesare had been sleeping when he left the candidate barracks last night. It had been his intention to leave for an hour or two, return, and keep watch the rest of the night, in case the same restlessness afflicted his friend as well. Clearly things had not gone to plan. He could only hope that Cesare had slept through the flight.

He opened the door to the candidates group dorm and slipped inside. It was a slow morning indeed.. With most candidates still dozing, despite the late hour. With all the silence of an assasin, he made his way back to his bunk, hoping that his friend would be among them. he Wouldn't count on it though..

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:28 pm

Cesare was not, however, sleeping when Migel returned. He had not, in fact, slept through the Flight. As evidenced by the utterly blank look upon his face when his bodyguard approached. He was waiting, arms crossed. Although whether he intended to say a single word to his wayward companion was... quite another matter. Did Migel think he was so blind as to not notice what had occurred? Migel had sneaked out in the dead of night to get his...

To satisfy himself. As though Cesare could sleep through a Flight. He hadn't moved, because leaving his bed was simply inviting danger. And so he had suffered through the Queen's Flight very much alone. Very much aware of being alone... and quite aware of where, exactly, his right hand had taken himself off to. Tch.

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

DruidTigeress

Sparkly Genius

25,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:51 pm
What objectively could be considered a very good morning was shaping up to be a very bad one. Cesare was awake. And, what's more, he was clearly upset. Though Migel wouldn't claim to be a master at reading people, certainly his craft required a certain level of observation. And when it came to reading one person in particular, he'd gotten fairly good at it. He didn't suppose he could pass this off as merely because of the headache..?

"You're awake." he noted softly, sitting down on his cot directly across from his. He couldn't think what else to say. If Cesare had something to say to him, he would say it. And if he wanted to ask something, of course, Migel would answer. Until then, he wasn't sure what he wanted.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:55 pm

"How clever of you to notice," Cesare said, a hint of the biting tone he might have evinced, had he been somewhat less subtle, nonetheless slipping through. "Enjoy the Flight?" If it seemed that Cesare had not had quite so lovely a time, well... it was no coincidence. What a fabulous thing to wake up to, indeed. Loyalty was such a cheap commodity, wasn't it?

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

DruidTigeress

Sparkly Genius

25,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:14 pm
Migel grazed over the bite and the sarcasm in his voice, ignoring them as side effects of the headache L'an had talked about, at least for now. Still, his friend was usually more dispassionate than this. Not that he didn't expect to have to answer for his decisions, but he expected him to be more direct about it.

"More or less." he said, flatly. "I take it you didn't."

"I can get you something for the headache, if you need it." he added, remembering the rider's advice on that.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:03 am

At Migel's words, Cesare laughed. But of course. Of course, Migel would not have the grace or the tact to tell him that he had not enjoyed the Flight. "Don't bother. I'll get it myself." So saying, he walked past him, knowing only too well that Migel would either follow or try to prevent him. This, however, was Cesare's right. He was angry. Although he told himself that it was because his bodyguard had left him to live or die, he knew that the wound was a bit more personal than that. That didn't mean that he intended to face that right here and now. The headache was enough of a distraction. Something to focus on. ... Of course Migel had enjoyed the Flight. Right at this moment, for the first time in his life, he might have struck his dear friend, if he had a jot less control.

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

DruidTigeress

Sparkly Genius

25,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:17 am
Migel breathed out heavily as Cesare stormed past him. It couldn't quuiite be called a sigh, since he wouldn't go so far as to sigh at him over this (at least not yet). But his friend's behavior was boarding on childish. Even with how often they were together, it's not like he was always with him 24/7. It was hardly the first time he'd been left alone at night, nor the first time Migel had slept with someone else.

Though he supposed it was the first time he'd done it so frivolously, with no clear reason or benefit other than because he had wanted to. He didn't think his friend would have begrudged him that. But if he'd known it would upset him so much, he certainly would have stayed in bed.

"If you prefer." Migel said, his tone and neutral as ever, standing up to follow him. 'Don't bother'. Like it wasn't same distance for him whether just he or the both them went. But, fine. If Cesare wanted to be the one to go and talk to the healer to prove some kind of point, that was fine. There was nothing he could do but follow.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:33 am

Pausing, Cesare turned, quirking a brow. His expression was quite neutral. "I said, don't bother. As in, don't follow. Why not take a nap, since it's clear that you've had little sleep. You won't be much use to anyone if you fall asleep on your feet." He wasn't budging on this. He'd told Migel what he wanted, and he fully expected to be behaved.

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

DruidTigeress

Sparkly Genius

25,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:11 am
"Don't be petulant. I'm coming with you." Migel said, folding him arms. Whether Cesare felt like he'd failed in his duties last night or not, his job was still to protect him. There was no reason for him not to follow. He'd gotten more than enough sleep (more than he meant to, in fact), though he was beginning to think maybe a nap was exactly what the Holder himself could use.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:44 am

"Petulant," Cesare said flatly. "Is that what you think I'm being? You abandoned your duties, all the while knowing that a time of chaos and distraction would have been the perfect time to strike. Should I treat you as though you have not neglected my safety? Should I behave as though your actions are justified and acceptable, Migel? No. You would not expect it of me, and I will tolerate nothing but the best." If that meant finding another bodyguard, well. Perhaps that was just what he would need to do. "I don't see how it is different for me to be alone now than it was earlier."

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

DruidTigeress

Sparkly Genius

25,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:12 am
To an outside observer, Migel might seem entirely apathetic as a person. He rarely showed emotion of any kind,. But that didn't mean he didn't have them. He had guilt, and he had pride, and he hated having his work criticized, which is perhaps why he so rarely ever made a mistake.. But he couldn't deny that last night was one.

He bit the inside of his lip, knowing Cesare was right. He should have been here. He wanted to be here. But the truth was, flight had a lot more influence on him than he would ever care to admit. "That was an error." he admitted, his eyes dropping slightly in acknowledgement. "But it's hardly solved by making another one now."

"What I expect is for you to act logically. You're being irrational right now. And if I was planning an attack, I would use that to my advantage too."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:42 pm

Cesare gave another laugh. "I'm being irrational. And who was it, last night, that let his lust take him away from his oath sworn duties? Tell me, again? Tell me, Migel, why I shouldn't replace you?" So saying, he turned to face his guard once more. "If I were actually going to get medicine, then perhaps I might agree that I was behaving irrationally." He crossed his arms over his chest, shaking his head. "Please. When have you known me to risk my life? That is your failing, not mine."

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

DruidTigeress

Sparkly Genius

25,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:57 pm
"Yes. You are being irrational." Migel restated evenly. He might sometimes act as Cesare's servant, or his body guard, or his double, and he wouldn't necessarily say they were ever treated as equals, but they were raised as peers. And he'd never shied away from challenging him before.

He could still pull the 'technically, I don't work for you, I work for your father' card, but he only ever used that as a last resort. Less and less recently, when he wasn't ever sure he believed it himself. If Cesare's father ordered him to do something that would harm his son, he knew for sure he wouldn't do it. On the other hand, if Cesare ordered him to move against his father, he might feel bad for the old Holder that took him in, but recently he'd been wondering if he would do it..

He took a step towards his friend, lowering his voice. "Then replace me. Try to find someone who can. When you find your new bodyguard's head on your pillow, maybe you'll remember why you keep me around."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:16 pm

"You mean," Cesare said, quirking a brow at Migel. "Why I need you around." Very well. He could never hold anger at Migel for long. "But let me ask you something, Migel. If I need to satisfy my own urges, where will I turn? Shall I go off myself, remain in bed with a headache? Or will you guard the door? Will you watch me?" They would need to come up with something, because Cesare was more than ready to be done having headaches because he couldn't take himself off to enjoy a Flight. This was not sustainable long term. A headache could be as distracting as what had kept his bodyguard away from him. The arms that had crossed over his chest unbent, and he let them fall to his sides for the moment.

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

DruidTigeress

Sparkly Genius

25,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:57 pm
Migel finally relaxed a little as the angry aura around Cesare dissipated somewhat. How was it that it was only after he lost his temper that Cesare finally forgave him? But it didn't matter; as long as he was back in his friend's good graces again, that was all he cared about.

He raised an eyebrow at Cesare's question, not sure if he meant that the way it came out. "If you think it's necessary for me to be inside the room, that's up to you." It most likely wasn't anything he hadn't seen before. They did work in the courtesan hall after all.. "I should think guarding the door would be sufficient, however." Provided he had already vetted the room. And, preferably, the person as well.

Like he'd said, there was no way for them to always together. They were assigned different chores, took different lessons at the courtesan hall. Within an area that was relatively secure, like the Hold or the Hall had been, under usual circumstances, with no approval risk factors, there were ways to be safe without being together at all hours of the day.

[IC RP] Western Weyr

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff