Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Christian Advice
Conversations

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:41 am
These are conversations I have had with a relative of mine.

His messages are in blue, mine are in green. It is quite lengthy so I apologize in advance.
New message:
1 out of 10 Christians are possessed by controlling devil spirits. The spirits have multiple ways of controlling the Christians. They (Christians) are not able to get to spirit filled meetings.

The Lord says something about gift. You lose the blessing on your life. To give to the poor in need. It is what He said to me. There will be no healings. I have received many healings, because of everything I have given.

New message:What if you are poor and in need yourself? Have nothing to give. I am in minus every month. I can't receive healing and blessing because of this?

Can a Christian be possessed? Can God and the devil share a house? Would God allow this?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:00 pm
New message:I know many who don't give, and they are sick all the time. It is what JESUS TOLD ME. The blessing is broken.

New message:So poor people get no blessing?

New message:I have had demons in me several times, and they make me feel bad about giving gifts to the Lord. I am free of it now luckily. The Devil possessed me 3 times after I got to know God. I feel it in my body. Don't want contact with fellow Christians. Don't want to talk to them. Just want to throw up when I met my Christian friends. Everyone wanted to lay hands on me, nothing happened. The boy who was there was 12. He put his hands on my shoulders. At once I saw the Devil leave and the white light came back. That was the first time. It says in the bible that we are to walk through fire, trials, and God tries me. He tests if we want to stand up for the Lord and Serve the Lord. Many succumb to the trials. When I came to believe it was like starting school again. Your receive this when you have fellowship with other Spirit-filled Christians. I have received a stronger faith. The Devil visits me around 4 on the morning to scare me. I am dangerous to Him.

New message:Those who serve the Lord are poor.
New message:
The Word of the Lord says that Blessings come from God to those who Serve their Lord. One who is on the outside can't be blessed. I have never had so much money as when I started giving to the Lord. I have such a Wonderful peace and this is from God. I have no unrest. Dog food is expensive.

New message:There are different Spiritual gifts where God has spoken to a person that he should pass on a specific gift to a person that is blessings. What you get from your father has nothing to do with God's blessings.
A Great Deviation.

A comment so you can see why he said this; My father sometimes helps me out financially, by either giving money to me or allowing me to borrow temporarily. My wife is sick and unable to work. I make very little since I am hired mainly for temp work plus an extra 2.5 hours a day in after school care. Weekends I work at a rehabilitation center at a nursing home some distance from where I live. It is not enough to cover expenses with added expenses for gas and medicine. When I am not working I am cooking, cleaning and taking care of my wife.

New message:Demons are stopping you from serving the Lord. They chain you up at home and put obstacles in your way. I recognize this in myself. The demons had to give up. Knocking sounds in the car. Demons that had chained themselves to the car. I and God won all the battles. You have to take the first step. Not God. Do you dare to.  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:06 pm
New message:God gives you the family you have. Therefor it is of God if you have an earthly father who can and wants to help you.

No deviation. Tell me where you find this in the Bible.

I don't read anywhere else in the Bible about Christians who are possessed by demons. Shouldn't something that important be there?

The only one in the New Testament possessed by the Devil was Judas.

It says in the Bible that angels can come to your door at that you won't know they are angels. Then you'll hear no voice telling you to give or not to give. The whole point with them being incognito would be gone then.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:21 pm
When you walk with the Lord you learn a little more. Revelations from the Lord. Fallen angels are demons.

God has put something else on me. Give not to the carnal. Let them come to me says the Lord. Then you can give. Amen.

Poor who have no faith.

It is up to You if the demons are to live with you. You have received power to throw them out. If you have POWER.

You did not want anything the 2 times I asked you. You are breaking the blessing. You are not asking, you are not receiving. You do not want.

I have received revelations from the Lord about it. What to do. I doubt that God says to you that you are not to listen to Christians.

We are to fill our selves with the Word every day. Preferably let Visjon Norge be on all day. Fill your house with spiritual values.

Visjon Norge is a Christian TV station where there is a large focus on giving to the station. Where blessing are promised based on the amount you give and they help you draw up a will before you die.

Jesus spoke about the secrets in the Bible. If you listen to Norwegian Pentecostal sermons, you will hear something. God is to use 7 countries in the world and build God's Kingdom on earth. Norway was one of the countries. Korea, China, I didn't catch all. If you hear the Spirit talk in your heart, you will understand.

On VISJON NORGE Talking about demons that possess people. People are healed and unchained. People living in fear are released from the fear. Amen.

It is obvious that you are not reading your bible. Satan was a fallen angel, together with billions of other fallen angels. If you take away demons then you are removing the devil and his co-workers. It sounds as if you have gotten carnal Marius. Without Spirit we are not pleasing to the Lord. It is written about those carnal Christians in the Bible who have no Spirit. I feed myself with God every day. Have to have more and more of God.

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:25 pm
Carnal because I don't trust everything people say to be the truth but question it. wink You are supposed to test everything. Even if it is from something on TV you trust or look up to. To love God you also have to love the Truth. You are told to by God to sort lies from the truth.

Visjon Norge is not the Bible. Test what you hear there up against Scripture. Filter what you hear. You are supposed to love the Lord with all you mind also. Scripture is what is right. If anything says something else than what Scripture says then they are wrong.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:39 pm
New message: Here a Christian brother talking about VISJON NORGE. Lovely to hear. (Sarcasm)

New Message: Put not your trust in money. Put your trust in what Jesus tells you to do. Buy Atea stocks Jesus said, then you'll be safe when everything is bankrupted.

New Message: Do not listen to visjon norge it is not true what they are sending. Don't go to meetings there are only fools there. Then listen to God's Word. Wonder what you listen to? Jehova

New Message:To serve God is all or nothing, and you are fare outside. Your father won't live forever. Who will help you then. When you keep away from the servants of the Lord. I only give to Albania and Moldova.

New Message: In the bible there is said another word for Demon. An army with Legion he was possessed by. Jesus commanded them out and in to the pigs and the leaped off the cliff and were killed.

New Message: When the Holy Spirit moves in, you seek your own family in the congregations. The Holy Spirit wants community, with hymns and healings. Messages in tongues from the Holy Spirit. There is not mercy for blaspheming the holy spirit and speaking in tongues. They go to Hell.

New Message: You have demons in you. You have to get to a meeting to get them out of you. If not they will remain in you. You lock yourself up, don't want contact with other Christians. You can't see it. You think it is supposed to be like this. Little by little the Devil has twisted you all around. You are terrified of taking contact. The Devil is doing everything to keep you from the meetings, where the Holy Spirit frees people from being bound.  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:55 pm
New message: Not Biblical Harald. You are making your own theology.

New message: Theologians have no contact with God.

New message: Everyone who is a Christians has a theology. An understanding of God.

New message: If you are not born again you won't get into heaven. The seeds in stony ground, among thorns. Fell from God when they came to faith.

New message: That is true.

New message: The Holy Spirit speaks to us about god amen. Not everyone knows this. mvh Eva (last name)

One of his friends.

New message:Did you know that the devil is beaten? That at the cross he was humbled and humiliated. He is in a chain that only stretches as far as God allows. That he can't do anything without God's permission?

New message: We don't agree with the second part.

New message: If you deny demons you may as well remove the devil. A Hindu man talking about demons now on Visjon Norge. He met Jesus. Millions of gods in India are millions of demons in India.

New message: one day Eva will visit you concerning heresy. She is close to Jesus.

New message: The demons and the Devils are not infinite in power. That is no heresy. To God this is not an even match. It is not a battle where the Devil almost have God beaten. Not heresy to say that demons are limited in what they can do and especially when it comes to Christians. When the Devil was to torment Job in the Old Testament he was told by God what he was allowed to do, and what he wan't allowed to do. Not heresy to say that God doesn't let His temple be defiled and that it is in His power to stop this from happening. You are God's temple. Not heresy to say that God love the poor. That their poverty is not a curse because they don't give enough or that they don't trust God enough. Or that they are sick because they are not giving. Even Paul said he had tried being poor. Can fetch you Bible verses for this if you want.

New message: God in his wisdom has put limitations on this own creation. Neither we, the angles or the fallen angels can do what we want or what He can do. Or measure up to Him in power and wisdom.

New message: Ephesians 6:10-17
10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13 Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:02 pm
New message: Spiritual forces are demons, fallen angels, depression, spirits of illness.

New message: my thoughts are that the fallen angels want to make you fall, doubt, do things God doesn't want you to do. Lead you astray, and so on. Illness is not necessarily demonic, depression either. Jesus when he met people with leperacy or who where lame did not exorcise demons from them but asked them to get up or to be well.

New message: Marius if you have had a revelation about it, you would understand what you read. God has given you a veil you do not understand, before they turn to the Lord. Then the veil is taken away, then you understand it. amen.

New message: John 14:15-21
Jesus Promises the Holy Spirit
15 “If you love me, keep my commands. 16 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever— 17 the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be[a] in you. 18 I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you. 19 Before long, the world will not see me anymore, but you will see me. Because I live, you also will live. 20 On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you. 21 Whoever has my commands and keeps them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love them and show myself to them.”

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:11 pm
New message: John 14:26
26 But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.

New message: You are just reading Words, without Spirit

New message: If you believe in God, go out and serve the Lord your God. Use what the Lord has give you. What is that? The gifts

New message:1 Corinthians 2:12-13
12 What we have received is not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, so that we may understand what God has freely given us. 13 This is what we speak, not in words taught us by human wisdom but in words taught by the Spirit, explaining spiritual realities with Spirit-taught words.

New message: Why do you not come to the meting tonight in Fosnavåg. Where God speaks to believers. 19:30. It is just talk, no actions with you Marius.

New message: To teach. It is my gift. But no one is a prophet in their own town. Those who knew Jesus from childhood would not listen to him. It is the same with you Harald. It is just Marius talking. I don't have to listen to him. I have known him a long time and he is nothing in my eyes. He doesn't do what I do therefore he is less than me.

New message: To serve is also one of my gifts.

New message: it was the small town Jesus meant. Everyone knows what I am about. I have no troubles meeting other Christians. God loves community. With other believers.

New message: You are not allowed to talk about Jesus in you job,

New message: I have still had the chance to talk about Jesus more than once.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:23 pm
New message: If you are blessed you lack nothing.

New message: You are passing through many trials in this world. Jesus' words.

New message: My own uncle looks down on me. Thinks he is more blessed than me. That he has received more Spirit that me. Believes I am without Spirit. Thinks I do nothing for God. That I am only thinking about myself. That I don't have anything to do with fellow Christians. That I hate my brothers and sisters. God help me if things are as bad with me as you think. Then you ought to pray for me, because then I am more or less lost.

New message: I have much more than I need. I use this on good deeds.

New message: You are not to keep away from fellow believers Jesus says. Like many do. God knows who.

New message: I have to obey God, more than man.......

New message: God is calling you. You are resisting. Have you not understood that. I have. You are not receiving it. A new Change.

New message: You can't see what I am doing. God sees. I leave it to Him to be Lord and say if I am making good use of what I have received. I am not planning of bragging to you just so you will think better of me. If I do I have already gotten my reward.

New message: When I am trying to correct you you strike. Sadly there are many like you. "Visjon Norge speaks lies." Lies are from the Devil. God's servants do not lie. God speaks the truth. When I want you to come to the meetings, I am against you. The Devil is WORKING HARD to keep you away. He seems to be able to do this. Humans have freewill. It is only Jesus who gives gift, and this happens prophetically. During the meetings, you won't receive anything at home in your thoughts. Amen  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:33 pm
It is hard to be around people like this, and it is especially hard because the person is a relative. The background for not wanting to go to these meetings are that they have some practices that I can't say that I feel comfortable about supporting. Laying on of hands to make people speak in tongues like that is the defining gift or sign of salvation for a Christian. Teaching that Christians can be possessed, that gifts are handed out prophetically. Faction. Split up over some disagreement, or over the desire to have their own congregation and create smaller congregations. Throw out their elders without having any Biblical reasoning behind this. When they played worship music they kept playing the same songs over and over and over. Repeating the refrain. My guess was that it was to create an experience. I am not for going to meetings to experience God. Then it is more for your sake than God's sake. More about experience than worship.

Would you have responded differently than I have? How could I have handled it better and more humbly? Do you have any advice besides praying for him?  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:35 pm
There is so much that came to mind (thanks to the Holy Spirit). So, I'll just share it all:

Holy Spirit & Place of Worship Accusation:

Your uncle is talking as if: [1] the Holy Spirit is limited to a specific place and if you're not in that place, then you're not sharing in the Holy Spirit (and [2] that one is failing to fellowship / failing to make community with fellow believers if one is not going to a specific local gathering place).

That denies Scripture on both counts:

• Numbers 11:25-26 (NIV)

25 Then the Lord came down in the cloud and spoke with him, and he took some of the power of the Spirit that was on him and put it on the seventy elders. When the Spirit rested on them, they prophesied—but did not do so again.

26 However, two men, whose names were Eldad and Medad, had remained in the camp. They were listed among the elders, but did not go out to the tent. Yet the Spirit also rested on them, and they prophesied in the camp.

• Matthew 18:20 (NIV)

20 For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them.”

• John 4:21-24 (NIV)

21 “Woman,” Jesus replied, “believe me, a time is coming when you will worship the Father neither on this mountain nor in Jerusalem. 22 You Samaritans worship what you do not know; we worship what we do know, for salvation is from the Jews. 23 Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in the Spirit and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks. 24 God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth.”

Not limited to a specific, physical locale or a mass gathering of believers.
Not just being led by the Spirit (or even a spirit) / having spiritual experiences, but worshiping truthfully and operating in the same capacity in essence.

Demonic Possession and Oppression Accusation

Regardless of the two (whether internal possession of unclean spirits [because one lacks / is devoid of / is not filled with the Holy Spirit] or external torment from demons despite being filled with the Holy Spirit), regardless of the two, by insinuating that you must go their specific meeting place, your uncle is speaking as if both demonic possession and demonic oppression can only happen to you outside of a mass gathering of believers, thus suggesting that it is not possible (to be oppressed or even possessed) in the place where believers gather in masses...?

[A] Paul, in-dwelled by the Holy Spirit—who has multiple gifts [healing/raising others from the dead, speaking in tongues, prophesying]—is still being oppressed by Satan, pestering, tormenting, him externally (not possessed).

• 1 Corinthians 7:40 (NIV)

40 In my judgment, she is happier if she stays as she is—and I think that I too have the Spirit of God.

• 2 Corinthians 12:7-10 (NIV)

7 or because of these surpassingly great revelations. Therefore, in order to keep me from becoming conceited, I was given a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me. 8 Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. 9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

And, as the above example in 2 Corinthians 12 reveals, sometimes it is God's will for you to be oppressed—not as punishment, not because of unbelief, not because you reject the Word of God (like King Saul), not because you don't have anything to give—but oppressed, as a favour from God, to keep you humble and demonstrate His power through you in a situation that should have defeated you (His power made perfect in weakness). All this is happening to Paul regardless of meeting up with—encouraging and being encouraged by—fellow brothers and sisters in the faith, whether at an official local gathering place or outside of it in the privacy of a home:

• Acts 17:2 (NIV)

2 As was his custom, Paul went into the synagogue, and on three Sabbath days he reasoned with them from the Scriptures,

• Acts 16:40 (NIV)

40 After Paul and Silas came out of the prison, they went to Lydia’s house, where they met with the brothers and sisters and encouraged them. Then they left.

• 1 Corinthians 16:19 (NIV)

19 The churches in the province of Asia send you greetings. Aquila and Priscilla[a] greet you warmly in the Lord, and so does the church that meets at their house.

Footnotes:

a. 1 Corinthians 16:19 Greek Prisca, a variant of Priscilla

Note: in contrast to Paul's demonic oppression (external torment), I don't find sufficient Biblical evidence to say God sends demonic possession (internal) as a favour. And further difference: the Holy Spirit helps you have self-control even in the midst of worldly / demonic oppression. But in demonic possession, you find things like demons dragging you through water/fire against your will.

• Mark 9:17-22 (NIV)

17 A man in the crowd answered, “Teacher, I brought you my son, who is possessed by a spirit that has robbed him of speech. 18 Whenever it seizes him, it throws him to the ground. He foams at the mouth, gnashes his teeth and becomes rigid. I asked your disciples to drive out the spirit, but they could not.”

19 “You unbelieving generation,” Jesus replied, “how long shall I stay with you? How long shall I put up with you? Bring the boy to me.”

20 So they brought him. When the spirit saw Jesus, it immediately threw the boy into a convulsion. He fell to the ground and rolled around, foaming at the mouth.

21 Jesus asked the boy’s father, “How long has he been like this?”

“From childhood,” he answered. 22 “It has often thrown him into fire or water to kill him. But if you can do anything, take pity on us and help us.”

In contrast:

• Galatians 5:22-23 (NIV)

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

So even if you are oppressed by Satan and his angels, like Paul, you would be self-controlled in the Holy Spirit against them. That's demonic oppression. Whereas, possession by demons is not self-controlled whatsoever, but being overridden against your will, getting thrown about (and I don't mean people giving in to the sinful desires of their flesh by choice: the possessed is not one who says, "good idea, let's walk into the fire", but you are being thrown against your will into the fire; that's possession). Whatever "feelings" of heaviness, I can't say is solely felt in one or the other, since Scripture doesn't enter into that, but if you have the Holy Spirit in you, it's just oppression not possession (which is way more severe).

[B] your uncle denies that a gathering place of believers—even who believe in the True, Living God—as Scripture shows, is not necessarily free of demonic spirits. Even worse when the demonic possession (if they don't have the Holy Spirit) and demonic oppression (if you do have the Holy Spirit in you, thus they can't get in you) present amongst us, where we gather, is caused by the teaching going on there of unclean thoughts and practices (taught by unclean spirits/demons). Are there not false prophets in the midst of the church, where the church gathers? not coming to the church to get delivered but are the source of the possession and oppression themselves? even using practices that invite demonic oppression and, in those who aren't filled with the Holy Spirit, cause demonic possession?

• 2 Corinthians 11:12-14 (NIV)

12 And I will keep on doing what I am doing in order to cut the ground from under those who want an opportunity to be considered equal with us in the things they boast about. 13 For such people are false apostles, deceitful workers, masquerading as apostles of Christ. 14 And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light.

• 1 Timothy 4:1 (NIV)

4 The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons.

• 1 John 4:1 (NIV)

4 Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.

• Revelation 2:20 (NIV)

20 Nevertheless, I have this against you: You tolerate that woman Jezebel, who calls herself a prophet. By her teaching she misleads my servants into sexual immorality and the eating of food sacrificed to idols.

• 1 Corinthians 10:19-20 (NIV)

19 Do I mean then that food sacrificed to an idol is anything, or that an idol is anything? 20 No, but the sacrifices of pagans are offered to demons, not to God, and I do not want you to be participants with demons.

• Mark 1:21-26 (NIV)

21 They went to Capernaum, and when the Sabbath came, Jesus went into the synagogue and began to teach. 22 The people were amazed at his teaching, because he taught them as one who had authority, not as the teachers of the law. 23 Just then a man in their synagogue who was possessed by an impure spirit cried out, 24 “What do you want with us, Jesus of Nazareth? Have you come to destroy us? I know who you are—the Holy One of God!”

25 “Be quiet!” said Jesus sternly. “Come out of him!” 26 The impure spirit shook the man violently and came out of him with a shriek.

So, no, where is he getting the idea that there is inherent safety (or more safety) in a specific place of mass gathering? or more safety in hundreds of believers (many of which may not even be sincere, but walking in disobedience, outright inviting the wrath and jealousy of God) gathered together over two or three (who are sincere, uncompromising)? which group, the big one or the little one, is walking in safety/fully protected?

However, no: deliverance from demonic possession and/or demonic oppression (if it's God's will to deliver you from the latter) is not limited to a synagogue / local gathering place of believers. He can deliver you even in remote areas, not in a church building/synagogue,

• Matthew 8:28-32 (NIV)

28 When he arrived at the other side in the region of the Gadarenes,[a] two demon-possessed men coming from the tombs met him. They were so violent that no one could pass that way. 29 “What do you want with us, Son of God?” they shouted. “Have you come here to torture us before the appointed time?”

30 Some distance from them a large herd of pigs was feeding. 31 The demons begged Jesus, “If you drive us out, send us into the herd of pigs.”

32 He said to them, “Go!” So they came out and went into the pigs, and the whole herd rushed down the steep bank into the lake and died in the water.

Footnotes:

a. Matthew 8:28 Some manuscripts Gergesenes; other manuscripts Gerasenes

Their deliverance did not come from a specific local building or gathering place of believers, but out in nature in remote places, alone with Jesus.

Giving / Financial "blessing" Accusation

Furthermore, what do demons have to do with giving or having enough to give? This denies Paul's example in another area (as you alluded to):

• 1 Corinthians 4:11-13 (NIV)

11 To this very hour we go hungry and thirsty, we are in rags, we are brutally treated, we are homeless. 12 We work hard with our own hands. When we are cursed, we bless; when we are persecuted, we endure it; 13 when we are slandered, we answer kindly. We have become the scum of the earth, the garbage of the world—right up to this moment.

It sounds exactly like your situation. Is your uncle going to label Paul, "not blessed by God", "lacking the Holy Spirit", "not having the veil uncovered from his eyes because he's not in Christ", due to this? or for not giving when he didn't have to give?

What's more, Paul would deliberately not ask for support from others (support which he rightly deserves for his service in the Lord) when he discerned that it wasn't the best course of action, especially if it hurts the message of the Gospel in some way:

• 1 Corinthians 9:12 (NIV)

12 If others have this right of support from you, shouldn’t we have it all the more?

But we did not use this right. On the contrary, we put up with anything rather than hinder the gospel of Christ.

Is your uncle going to accuse Paul of "breaking the blessing" / refusing the blessing from God for refusing to receive in certain circumstances?

Related: being one of those individuals of the body that need financial help or help meeting daily needs from other believers doesn't mean you're not a true believer. By definition if God blesses some in the body to have enough to share with the rest, that means He didn't bless the other individuals equally despite also being in the faith just as much:

• Acts 4:33-35 (NIV)

33 With great power the apostles continued to testify to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus. And God’s grace was so powerfully at work in them all 34 that there were no needy persons among them. For from time to time those who owned land or houses sold them, brought the money from the sales 35 and put it at the apostles’ feet, and it was distributed to anyone who had need.

So, there's nothing wrong with receiving help from your father. Needless to say, as you detected, there is much unsound (because Scripture-denying) thinking demonstrated by your uncle.

My style is definitely bombarding / immersing the situation with Scripture verses if the circumstances allow. But I would not be fellowshiping with such a one if he continued to deny certain verses of Scripture despite being presented with them / the truth, or if he continued to tolerate unsound doctrine and outright sin in his midst from fellow believers.

• 1 Corinthians 6:15-17 (NIV)

15 Do you not know that your bodies are members of Christ himself? Shall I then take the members of Christ and unite them with a prostitute? Never! 16 Do you not know that he who unites himself with a prostitute is one with her in body? For it is said, “The two will become one flesh.”[a] 17 But whoever is united with the Lord is one with him in spirit.[b]

Footnotes:

a. 1 Corinthians 6:16 Gen. 2:24
        b. 1 Corinthians 6:17 Or in the Spirit

• 2 Corinthians 6:15-17 (NIV)

15 What harmony is there between Christ and Belial[a]? Or what does a believer have in common with an unbeliever? 16 What agreement is there between the temple of God and idols? For we are the temple of the living God. As God has said:

“I will live with them
            and walk among them,
        and I will be their God,
            and they will be my people.”[b]
        17 Therefore,

Come out from them
            and be separate,
                says the Lord.
        Touch no unclean thing,
            and I will receive you.”[c]

Footnotes:
        a. 2 Corinthians 6:15 Greek Beliar, a variant of Belial
        b. 2 Corinthians 6:16 Lev. 26:12; Jer. 32:38; Ezek. 37:27
        c. 2 Corinthians 6:17 Isaiah 52:11; Ezek. 20:34,41

Ergo, no tolerance for spiritual harlotry, unclean thoughts / unsound doctrine / doctrine of demons / practices of demons (thus not inspired by the Holy Spirit, but by the unholy spirits), because our very bodies are His Holy temple.

Your uncle is being won over by spiritual experience and words of prophecy (which could be false prophecy). But spiritual experiences and prophecy, in and of themselves, are not the evidence of obedient, holy walking in the Lord (because Satan can give you a spiritual experience and prophecy [that is Scripture-denying / lawless] too).

• 2 Thessalonians 2:9-10 (NIV)

9 The coming of the lawless one will be in accordance with how Satan works. He will use all sorts of displays of power through signs and wonders that serve the lie, 10 and all the ways that wickedness deceives those who are perishing. They perish because they refused to love the truth and so be saved.

• Psalm 119:43 (NIV)

43 Never take your word of truth from my mouth,
              for I have put my hope in your laws.

• John 17:17 (NIV)

17 Sanctify them by[a] the truth; your word is truth.

Footnotes:

a. John 17:17 Or them to live in accordance with

• Jeremiah 14:14 (NIV)

14 Then the Lord said to me, “The prophets are prophesying lies in my name. I have not sent them or appointed them or spoken to them. They are prophesying to you false visions, divinations, idolatries[a] and the delusions of their own minds.

Footnotes:

a. Jeremiah 14:14 Or visions, worthless divinations

• Lamentations 2:14 (NIV)

14 The visions of your prophets
            were false and worthless;
        they did not expose your sin
            to ward off your captivity.
        The prophecies they gave you
            were false and misleading.

• Matthew 7:15 (NIV)

15 “Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves.

• Matthew 24:24 (NIV)

24 For false messiahs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect.

• Revelation 16:13 (NIV)

13 Then I saw three impure spirits that looked like frogs; they came out of the mouth of the dragon, out of the mouth of the beast and out of the mouth of the false prophet.

If they come to us in sheep's clothing (e.g. Matthew 7:15 above), then they obviously are going to say and appear like, "hey, I'm the church just like you". But, listen to what they say, and they're clearly of the lawless dragon, the devil, Satan, and his angels, false doctrine, who want us to deny what the Father says. The Holy Spirit and Word of God will be the judge. Let me inspect your fruit and whether you agree with the Commands of God or not, every word that comes out of the mouth of God. Oh, you don't—and you don't even want to live by every word? even after being shown the evidence in Scripture? Then why would / should any true believer in Jesus fellowship with you? What's suppose to be the response? Rejected, handed over to Satan, not invited in, nor going to them, not associating with that so-called brother or sister, unless they repent. It's that simple. Keep it pure, uncompromised, no leaven of the Pharisees, no unrepentant deviance allowed in the church.

I will say this though, of what I've noticed: a lot of those who are being called back to 100% holy living, no deviance to anything, in adherence to what is written, are super scattered. We don't have that local fellowship beyond two to three. I would like to see local communities, operating in sound doctrine and the power of the Holy Spirit, become more common place, and more organized as a physical body (not dependent on the internet). In the midst of preserving us blameless and in sound doctrine, I pray that God does restore the face to face interaction reflective of what was going on in the early church as documented in the Book of Acts (if He sees this would be a blessing). Though maybe we don't need that "in the large scale", in the eyes of the world, in order to already be operating in it. May He continue to equip us, as long as we're alive on this earth, with what we need (sufficient knowledge, physical resources, fellowship, whatever it is) to serve the body in holiness and faithfully establish His kingdom on earth, even if it comes in the form of crumbs in order to keep us dependent on Him.

I don't think you lacked humility in anything you said, neither deviating from God/His Wisdom nor puffing yourself up against your uncle in a sinful attitude. Reading through 1st Corinthians 4, I hear the same tone in what you wrote.

cristobela
Vice Captain

Christian Advice

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces