Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

HelMel
Crew

Questionable Waffles

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:31 pm
ALLEGRO

Beer moistened the beard scruff of the naiad as he slammed the mug on the counter. "Another," he belched-demanded. "Gonna take more firewater than that to drown my demons." The bartender looked over with pity and disgust; she only tolerated this particular barfly because he tipped well. He, however, smelled like b.o. and fish. Of course, he was a fish with b.o. so it made sense. This is what Sadron, former commander of the naiad hunters, had sunken to... drunken... smelly... pathetic.

Sadron pushed his now shaggy hair out of his face; his brow and fins were marked with holes where piercings once glinted. He was rock bottom and full of loathing. Letting out a large belch and a snort/snore, the naiad thumped his forehead down on the bar. He jerked back up again. This guy had had way too much booze.

"Ya know what's sad, ladies?" he asked in an overly loud voice as he stared at the barmaid's cleavage. "I don't even like this grog. It's the worst sewage I've ever swilled. But you, madams, are lovely."

The barmaid's tolerance was wearing thin. Good tips could only take this beached whale so far. "Eyes up here, fella."

"Bah," Sadron grumbled throwing his arms wildly at her in rebuttle. This of course caused him to lose his balance and teeter on the stool. For a moment, his whole world was in upheaval. The floor was harder than he remembered and cold. The naiad's vision blurred, but he could just make out a feminine shape standing over him. "Ma'am?"

The figure said nothing. Instead she dropped something next to him and left. He watched the hips sway out of the door. Why was this figure familiar? It was completely foreign to him but the feeling that he should know this Pae tried to fight its way through his slush of a drunken brain. "Ma........'am?" His vision faded around the edges first then clouded into black.

Sadron blinked back to consciousness quickly, the brisk chill of cold water zapping the nerves in his skin. "Wha-?"

The bartender sighed. "Out, you great lummox. You've had enough for one day."

The naiad pushed himself to a seated position and blinked back the pain; he had hit the floor pretty hard. As he was standing, he saw a lump next to him. The woman? Oh yes, he remembered. He picked up the small sack and dumped out what looked like an arrowhead on a chain. He looked questioningly at the tavern wench, but she could only shrug. It looked worthless to her. "Guess that's yours then."

Sadron grinned. Obviously a female had been bitten by the love bug and wanted to repay him for his awesome lovemaking skills. If only she had stuck around, she would have been privy to more amazing Sadron-ness. What a shame! He tossed the chain over his head. "That doesn't look half bad," he chuckled to himself as he stumbled back out into the daylight.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:44 pm
ADAGIO

You're worthless...

Yeah, he knew it. The naiad could not win for losing. It seemed like everything he touched crumbled in his hands. He had been torn from the newbies he was training by a hurricane and had left them to die. He had abandoned his post by his queen. He was too ashamed to face her after his cowardice. He had instead crawled into a drunken stupor and lived there for quite awhile until that day. Something about the mystery woman had turned his stomach from alcohol. He had been stone cold sober for days, and he was absolutely miserable. The naiad sat on the beach and watched the waves as they rolled over his tail. Not only was he sober, but he could not seem to keep away from the call of the ocean where they were, his friends and family, and where he should be.

Clean yourself up, you pig.

Sadron had to admit he was awfully scruffy. He stank. The naiad meticulously groomed himself. It had been awhile since he had had his mohawk and it looked good on him in his opinion. "I'll get mucho ladies now," he chattered with his reflection.

Who would ever love a coward like you?

"Oh..." he replied, crestfallen. "Yeah, I guess you're right," the naiad admitted somberly before stretching back out to take a nap. Might as well sleep, no one could love him.

The barkeeper was concerned for her friend. Lately all he did was withdraw. He stopped showing up and ladies were free to traverse without fear of him hitting on them. He just talked to himself with a sad expression. If she hadn't a successful business to run she would have checked on him, she assured herself. "He's fine."  

HelMel
Crew

Questionable Waffles

HelMel
Crew

Questionable Waffles

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:49 pm

Do you know what I think?

"No."

I think you ran way because you're in love with her.

"With who?"

Don't be stupid. And it's "With whom?"

"Sorry."

You're really going to make me say it aren't you. Tariel. You love her and the thought of her wrestling around with Turin made you turn tail and run like a child.

"No... no I didn't. I mean she's like my sister. My hot sister but still..."

Hmm... if you say so...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:54 pm

You know, she's having his children.

"What does that have to do with me?"

My, my... you sound awfully unhappy about it.

"Why would I be? They're my best friends... well they were."

They're moving on without you. You've been forgotten.

"Well that's probably for the best."

You still sound pretty upset.

"Shut up. What would you know?" He asked, his knuckles pale from clenching.

HelMel
Crew

Questionable Waffles

HelMel
Crew

Questionable Waffles

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:02 pm

"Should I just end it all?"

Why would you do that? You still have a lot to accomplish.

"Like what?"

You'll see.

It had been days or maybe weeks since Sadron had spoken with a living soul; he could no longer tell. No one knew what he had been doing or even where he was anymore. He had gone seemingly completely into seclusion. He would have at this point been little surprised that no one even thought to look for him. Even the locals at the bar no longer thought of him as they downed their grog and sang their drunken sea shanties.

In the meantime Sadron continued to talk to the voice. It was his other self, his other half, the smarter of the two it seemed. He could not deny the veracity of the words that both enlightened him and tore him down. He felt as if he were drowning, which is an interesting feeling for a naiad. He was not sure how much longer he would stand to fall before he lost himself completely. Then who would mourn for the former Captain? Surely no one.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:10 pm

"I can't do this anymore."

You can't. You have to stop.

"Why should I?! I have nothing. I am nothing." The bitterness dripped from his voice and echoed along the beach. He was alone, so alone.

You are wrong. You're something... to me.

"Oh great! Are you my conscience or have I gone completely nutso? Or are both even mutally exclusive?" Sadron sunk down into the sand, dropping the knife he had planned to plunge into his chest. Sobs wracked his body. He was completely and utterly broken. Gradually Sadron's tears dried. He was left feeling nothing, hollow. It was as if the fish had finally met his rock bottom and had drilled right on through the floor. There was nothing left. For a long time, he sat staring with blank eyes, his head tilted oddly to one side. It was all gone.

I am not you, you know. I am a friend.

Sadron blinked back to reality. "What do you mean?"

Look down.

The stone around his neck emitted a soft glow. He wondered how he had never noticed before. "I don't understand."

You will...

HelMel
Crew

Questionable Waffles

HelMel
Crew

Questionable Waffles

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:29 pm
SCHERZO

You know what this means.

"Yes," the naiad responded to no one in particular. He had been alone a long time now but had felt the calling. Something telling him to return home. Sadron hesitated. Could he return?

Idiot! You're being called for a reason. You have to save them.

Sadron sat on the rock and looked out at the crashing waves. He knew he had to go home. He had to save his friends. He knew he wasn't wanted there, but could he just abandon them? An evil entity had corrupted the lake. It had manifested into two babies. He knew this deep down. How had he known? There was no answer for that; he just knew it. He could feel it. These babies were not really little princesses. They were a conjuring of the sea witch.

This has all been carefully orchestrated. Everything including your exile has all led up to this. You must destroy the evil before it completely swallows Tariel.

"Ta-Tariel," the naiad stammered. He could see her smile, her eyes, the swish of her hair. He could hear her melodious laughter ringing through the ocean's depths. He could remember their youth. They would swim and play and hunt and be free. Now there were only shackles. He hated all of this. He hated what he had become. He hated what he felt when he imagined them together. Sadron's fists clenched. All of this was wrong. It was evil magic.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:30 pm
RONDO

Hate...

He had to save them all.

Hate...

Could he save them all?

Hate...

Sadron's anger grew.

Hate...

How dare they?

Hate...

How dare all of them?

Hate...

He roared in frustration.

Hate...

He would have to do the most terrible of deeds.

Hate...

To fix everything... to make it right... to restore balance.

Hate...

He would have to take out the evil magic.

Hate...

He would have to kill the princesses.  

HelMel
Crew

Questionable Waffles

HelMel
Crew

Questionable Waffles

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:33 pm
Sadron took up his spear and headed toward the lake.
END

:[ Notices & Metaplot ]: ~ Metaplot related character advancement

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff