Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
It's Now The Monster Mash: The Spooky Clutch Hatching! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 45 46 47 48 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:14 pm
What was he supposed to do now? All the dragons had Impressed and gone with their riders to be fed—and Dolly couldn’t be in that great of shape. That answered that question. He didn’t care about his own injury. His twin’s was worse.

And he had to find him.

He left the sands, left the healers—“Dolly? Shahera?” They were probably together. They usually were. “Are you alright, Dolly?”
“Shinosbee”

”Faesinger”

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:17 pm
Isilje and White Brancath

She smiled at L'nik's statement, before delicately lifting a protesting Brancath to her lap. The tiny White's wings spread wide, moving up and blocking Hers from view. Nope. You do not need to be talking to him, or that one, Mine. They are not worth our time, and-
Sweet one...You need to not be so mean to them. You're only angry because they're boys. You can't hold that against them...
I do not trust them not to hurt us, Mine....They might well hurt us yet. It was clear to Isilje that she wouldn't be ablte to talk her out of it, so instead, she gently moved Brancath to beside her, feeding her full bits of meat, "Now, shouldn't you say hi to your Green sister."
Ah yes! Suwayeth, my dearest sister, you should bring yours over here if your wing is up to it. I would rather your company to...well.

demon_pachabel

Mewsings of An Angel

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Generous 100

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:27 pm
He wouldn't have thought anything could turn him from the Djinn, not even the hatchling's impression to another, but it was his own that finally pulled him away, that little, faraway voice in his head that called to him like an eerie melody across fog-topped water.

His first thought was something along the lines of, someone tried to do sick flips for me and I missed them, and then he was off, sprinting across the sands and sliding to his knees at the little brown's side. A fuss? If Aleyath wanted a fuss, he'd give him a fuss.

"Stay still," he whispered out of the corner of his mouth. "This'll only hurt a little."

"Oh!" Oer cried. "Woe! This brave dragon has been overpowered by his own sheer, unadulterated might! Whatever shall we do?" With more effort than he had thought it would take, Oerlen lifted his dragon off of the ground, carrying him close to his chest as he headed toward the Weyrlingmaster. Aleyath played the part of the unconscious well, his head bouncing and tongue lolling despite the ache of his bruises. The brown let out a gleeful eeeeeeeeeeee in his rider's mind the whole way there, his eyes swirling happy rainbows under closed lids.

On the way past Kieza, Suwayeth, Huarwar, A'ral, and that broken body, Oerlen remained respectfully silent.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:28 pm
Huarwar

Listening to A'ral as he spoke Huarwar nodded his head. He didn't care or even notice that A'ral seemed close to breaking down. He didn't seem to notice much of anything and he was already planning on drinking all that he could during the feast, if he even went to it. Why would he want to go where they were going to show off that creature to the world.

"It might be for the best." He answered. "For Zinath to do that, if she would." He was making the decision on his own, let him go as if he was a rider himself. Let people forget that Henwas had bullied some and hadn't been the nicest but he wasn't a horrible person. He had sacrificed himself to protect Huarwar and Aleyx.

"May I clean him up?" That was one thing he wanted to do the most. He didn't want Henwas to go between covered in blood and looking as he did.

He had heard Aleyx's words and he appreciated them, he turned his head to look at her, while waiting for A'ral to answer. "Thank you."

Mx Cherie

-_Wish of Tevare_-

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:43 pm
Martirae

And the final dragon made their way to theirs. She was left on the sands again, but there was no disappointment. She would not allow disappointment into her heart because she was once again not the chosen of any dragon. There were silver linings to be found. There was a feast to have and well...there were some High Reaches people to maybe talk to.

Yes, there were still things to be made out of the day, and she'd have them still. It wasn't the time to be disheartened - though there were some justified in their feelings in that very moment. Instead, Martirae lost no poise and prepared herself to leave the sands in proper order. Yes, she'd have her moment in due time.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:46 pm

Tamping down on the emotions that threatened to spill out, A'ral nodded gravely. "You may clean him up. Let me know when you're ready, and you can come with us if you choose. Give him a rider's sendoff." This was his job. His responsibility. He needed to get it under control.

I will be honored to take him, Zinath told Huarwar, a gentle note of love in her voice. She did not expect or need a response, merely to let the young man know that she saw him. She had known his brother, as he did, and did know of the bully that he could be at times. Yet she had also known him at his best.

They had all seen that best on these very sands. No, Henwas would not be given a shallow grave. Not this day. Nor any other.

BastetAmun

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:51 pm
Shalaera

She had truly lost 4 bets. Shalaera would have to see which bet wanted which color of firelizard, yes, but that wasn't the worst turnout she'd had yet. Perhaps the next hatching at Western would be just as fine and fun....for her.

There were unfortunate things that had happened on the sands, after all.

Bet Status

Quote:
+First to hatch was a bronze
+Siren was a green and impressed to Amra
+Green's total: 8
+Green impression ratio: girls - 7 Boys - 0

Danzik has bet Lennik will impress a Blue. - LOSE
Shalaera has bet Lennik will impress a Brown. - WIN

Rinis has bet they will impress a green - Didn't Impress
Shalaera bets they will impress the Siren - the Siren is a green. Impressed to Amra
- NULL

Killakeeth has bet Vimiath's clutch there will be one gold, three bronze, five brown, ten blues, and six greens. - 8 greens. LOSE
Shalaera offers no counter but bets otherwise WIN

Dolmar bets he will impress a big bronze.
Shalaera bets he will impress a small bronze (if it’s a bronze at all)
- Null

Damon has bet he will impress a bronze
Shalaera has bet he will impress The Hellhound
- Null

Farinalgo bets that he'll Impress a blue!
Shalaera bets he’ll impress a brown.
- NULL

Varinia bets the Goblin will hatch first and impress a boy
Shalaera bets that The Ghoul will hatch first and impress a girl.

Ameliah bets the Siren Egg will be among the first three eggs to hatch and the gargoyle egg among the last three - WIN
Shalaera bets the first dragon to hatch will be blue and the last will be brown – LOSE

Shahera bets that Dollar will impress a Blue. - WIN
Shalaera has bet Dolmar will impress a small dragon. - LOSS

Kieza bets that it will be a Brown hatching first!
Shalaera is betting the first egg to hatch will be a blue.

Amra bets that the Goblin will hatch first and impress a boy!
Shalaera is betting The Banshee will hatch first and impress to a boy.

Ladellan bets that there will be a gold hatchling! - LOSS
Shalaera is betting that no girls will impress a brown. - WIN

Sunny bets the Gargoyle egg hatches a blue or green.
Shalaera has bet the Gargoyle will impress to a girl.
- NULL, BOTH WINNERS

Matti bets that a girl will impress a brown.
Shalaera bets that IF there is a gold on the sands, it will impress before the last 3 of the clutch. -
NULL

L’ex bets that between 10-13 of the clutch are greens - LOSS
Shalaera is betting that more than half of the greens from this clutch will impress to girls. - WIN

Migel bets that Shahera impresses in the first half of the clutch
Shalaera bets that Shahera impresses in the second half.
- IMPRESSED DEAD CENTER. NULL

Ralla bets that there will be at least three maulings. - All the maulings - Winner
Shalaera bets there will be no more than 6 – including deaths towards each bet. Loss

K'ai bets one of the last two dragons to hatch will be a blue. - WIN
Shalaera bets the last two dragons to hatch will be a green and a brown. - LOSE

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:09 pm
Huarwar

He was glad that they were doing this, even if other didn't think Henwas deserved it. He heard Zinath's voice in his head and he was happy to feel the love she sent to him. "Thank you sir." He nodded to A'ral before he moved around him and left the sands, going to make sure his brother would look ok for where he was now going.

Exit Huarwar and Henwas  

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100

smolderingskies

Adorable Autobiographer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:23 pm

Impressions were beginning to happen left and right. The dragonets seemed to finally remember what they were there for - not for infighting, or for shredding Candidates to pieces. But his heart continued to sink as hatchlings romped toward their riders, approaching them with prismic eyes, leading them in the direction of food. This was the part where his heart began to sink, where the numbers dwindled down so desperately that his chances became less and less. His hand was still gently holding Rasthell's, and he was thankful for his lover's warmth, both internal and external.

He had just resigned himself to the fact that he had survived another Hatching, without himself or Rasthell being mauled, and although the body of Candidates as a whole had not escaped unscathed, he would go yet another year without Impressing. But when he saw a little blue beelining toward him - well, Dharzol almost flinched, actually taking a step back, before he heard the voice loud and clear in his head.

Dharzolmine, come, let your Jannath set you free! Does he know he's not your one and only? Don't worry, you're my one and only! The dragonet's eyes whirled with rainbows, and Dharzol was sure his must have too, as he let go of Rasthell's hand for the first time since the beginning of the Hatching and gently cradled the blue dragon's head in his hands. Something welled up inside him - something that didn't quite feel like love, but more, with a tinge of fresh magic. Every ounce of resentment he'd had for every Hatching he'd ever stood for now seemed silly - of course he was waiting for this, for his beloved Jannath, the only thing he'd ever needed or wanted. A dragon who didn't need to rip or tear to find his, because he knew exactly where he was going.

I'm hungry for loooove! And oh, what's that over there? That smells soooo delicious! Jannath was already so distracted, and he was trying to wrest his head out from between Rasthell's hands, looking in the direction the other newly impressed were heading to get their dragonets some sustenance. Dharzol - or was he D'zol, now? - couldn't help but laugh, a weight lifting off of him, and he wiped tears from his cheeks.

"Of course, dear. Let's get you some food. Jannath is hungry," he explained, as if it were the most incredulous thing in the world, turning around to face Rasthell. D'zol couldn't forget him - even after Impressing. He'd never leave him behind. But for now, he was being pulled away by the needs of the dragonet, who was practically bounding in the direction of food, looking back every few steps to look adoringly at Dharzol. He couldn't even bring himself to give Rasthell an apologetic chuckle, as he was so entranced by Jannath, that all he could do was follow.

Masterharper
poor sweet rasthell

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:24 pm
A D A R

Adar lifted on three, making sure to steady her footing in the hot sand so as to not fumble the injured young green. She smiled at the thanks. "Don't worry about it. It's not a problem. Happy to help. Good luck to you." With the new weyrlings heading off to feed their bondmates, and the last dragon having apparently impressed, she bowed her head and backed away. She felt tired, but mostly hungry. The hatching started before she was able to have dinner. Turning away, she made a beeline for the entrance to the Sands, only to be swept up into a big hug by her elder and shorter brother.

Mewsings of An Angel

H A R O L

He had left his seat after Gargoyle impressed and made his way to wait by the entrance. He wasn't going anywhere without his sister. She seemed distracted at her approach and had flinched when he threw his arms around her. "Adar, I'm so very proud of you and, boy, am I glad that you are okay. So your partner wasn't here. That's fine." He gave her a squeeze before holding her at arms length. "Let's get you changed and then get some dinner in our bellies. You look like you could use a meal and then bed." He chuckled at the nod in response and then the two siblings headed off.  

Avid_RPer18

Loyal Loiterer

Ruhane Chiisai

Clockwork Rodent

21,850 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500
  • Magical Gems 500
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:15 pm
Farensil understood, backing away respectfully and giving him his space. She knew he needed it. Hadn't meant to cover him over yet, though; she'd intended to set the blanket up next to him. Perhaps, just the stress of the day had caused her not to pay attention at all... "Sorry..." she muttered simply, and let him have his moments.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:33 pm
Still in a bit of an emotional daze, Venn led Nzambith out of the Sands and to the feeding area where the other former Candidates and their dragons were gathered. They didn't speak on the way there but neither seemed to mind, Venn keeping his hand on Nzambith's small head. The little green was content to walk alongside Hers with her methodical plodding gaze, her tail dragging behind her in the sands as they exited into the light. She squinted and made a quiet growl of irritation at the light, but the smell of food quickly had her eyes whirling a bright blue.

Food, she sighed happily, following her nose to the source. There were quite a few carcasses to pick from, but she sidled up to one where a green hatchling was already being fed. Venn followed along behind obediently, not wanting to go too far yet not wanting to get in the way of his Nzambith and her destination.

Once they reached the carcass he crouched down beside her before looking up at the other former Candidate, giving her a little smile. It was a strange look what with his eyes all red and puffy from crying as well as the still-fresh tear streaks on his cheeks.

"Sorry, mind if we share?" he asked as Nzambith nudged the head of the creature with her nose, sniffing with interest before glancing at her sister.

Is this part good? she asked her, then glanced up at Venn to pose the same question. It smells lovely.

"Ah...perhaps a bit lower where there's more meat," Venn suggested before wincing as Nzambith crunched onto the skull, a sickening sound of bone splitting filling the air. She seemed to enjoy it though so he didn't deter her. Not yet, at least.

Hattaki

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:45 am
Things had started to go smoothly, but it hadn't lasted, and violence returned to the Sands in the most horrific way.  She was glad for her safe perch atop Vimiath, but it also gave her the best view, which was suddenly not a good thing.  And so Akaris had shut her eyes, and kept them shut, even as Zinath keened and was joined by another.  She didn't want to see.  She didn't want to know.

Finally, the noise of the chaos subsided, and she dared to look, in time to see the last of the hatchlings moving off the Sands with Theirs.  Thank Faranth!  But down there, speaking to A'ral, a young man holding another in his arms.  Lifeless.  A chill ran through her, and she again felt ill.  She didn't want to be up here so high anymore, and so she slid carefully down with a subdued but sincere "Thank you" for both the Queen and her rider. 

By then, the boy had moved away, and Akaris quietly walked back to the Candidatemaster to take his hand.

Teiha

Mx Cherie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:53 am
Vedmath regarded Brancath skeptically as Hers rushed over to speak to Hessianth's, eyes whirling yellow with suspicion.  His white sister had done nothing wrong, but she had made excuses for Suwayeth, blaming him for what the green had done.  But she was wrong!  He had known she was dangerous, known she would hurt the Candidates, and had only tried to prevent it.  Had he made it worse?  He couldn't say.  But maybe that was why she had tried to kill His.  Twice.  Grey started to mix with yellow, and he leaned against his rider's legs with a little creel. I am so sorry, Mine.  I-

No, Dezerac interrupted, resting his hand on the bronze's head. Don't apologize.  Hessianth's is right.  You were only doing what needed to be done.  If she was upset with you for that, she should have kept her wrath between you.  Between us.  She shouldn't have taken it out on anyone else.

But she had, and others were hurt.  Someone had died. What was his name? Vedmath asked. I will remember him.

I don't know, but I'll find out. But not now.  For now, Dezerac handed his dragon another piece of meat provided by Hessianth's.  Whose name, it belatedly occurred to him, he also didn't know. "Strong, yes," the man agreed with the other's observation, "And not to blame." His gaze slid to the green as she was brought to the Healers, his jaw tightened, and he looked away.  It was done.  Let it go, focus on something else. "It occurs to me that we haven't been properly introduced, and here I've bled all over you." Another smile that might have been charming, but between his phrasing and the fact that he currently bordered on deathly pale, looked more morbid than anything. "I'm Dezerac.  Or was, I suppose, but it will do for now."

He could decide later, when he wasn't half out of his head.

demon_pachabel

Meepfur
Crew

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:32 am
L'nik and Brown Hessianth

Being Weyrborn, whatever particularly strong opinion L'nik had on what the green had done would be left to himself. In time, everybody would value her more than the life she had taken - disgusting, in a way - and Huarwar would have to adapt to life without his brother. For the first time. It was what it was and while many here would come to accept that, he'd personally punch anybody who faulted the boy for perhaps not ever wanting to see that green. She'll remember the taste. Do you think it was good? Hessianth again spilled the comment out so easily that L'nik was startled, looking down at his dragon and then furrowing his brow. Inappropriate. He received the equivalent of a mental shrug in reply.

The comment about having been bled all over made L'nik smile lopsidedly as he finally took a moment to observe his robe. It wasn't the first time it had been bloody, but it struck him that this time he was never going to have to wear it again. "Well, it's a last time use, so at least it went out being useful," he half-laughed, taking a moment to simply cut meat, forming small piles between the both of them to make it a less awkward hand off. "I'm L'nik," it was easy to adapt to a new name for him. He'd waited so long for a dragon, he'd chosen it long ago and dreamed of putting it into use. Hessianth approved, though he still shot a distrusting look to his sisters who were now at the healer's table as well.

Are the healers treating you well? Does it feel better? Hessianth inquired of his brother as he leaned in to offer another brush of his head against Vedmath's.

Meepfur

[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 45 46 47 48 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces