[ORP] A Little Night Music [Open] Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Masterharper
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:35 am
Snow had begun to fall in the mountains of High Reaches, as a cold front moved in over the Weyr. The night was quiet, with the majority of the Weyr having packed up and gone to Western to attend the Hatching and its Feast. Not everyone had been able to attend the festivities -- the weyrlings were not old enough to fly and didn't even know how to Between yet; Candidates who had not wished to attend; riders and Wings who had either volunteered or asked to remain behind in case of emergencies; and weyrfolk who were needed to keep the place running. High Reaches Weyr didn't stop working just because someone else was having a celebration.

The dark-haired woman wasn't heartless, though. The quiet of High Reaches was almost surreal. The Dining Hall was surprisingly empty for the hour -- the usual crowds were sparse. In fact, the entire Weyr was running on a skeleton crew.

Threadfall not predicted to Fall for another three days, which meant there was still time to allow for a little revelry. That was why Olliah had made plans with Padmia, who had not attended Western's feast. The fire was stoked high in the Dining Hall. A few tables had been moved to make room for a small dancing square, wine had been broken out, and some edibles had been placed -- meatrolls, a soup, some breads, crackers, cheeses, and fruit. A few of the weyrsingers and journeymen Harpers stationed at the place had been requested to play some music for the enjoyment o those left behind. It was night, but not yet late.

Slipping out of her day clothes, Olliah picked out a dark crimson, fur-lined, sleeveless dress,with a matching fur-lined shawl to drape over her shoulders and arms. It wasn't the fanciest of her clothes, but it worked in a pinch, and would keep her warm as the temperature fell. She donned a few long, silver and ruby ear-rings,and a matching ruby pendant necklace. There was no shame in dressing up for an evening out, and even if she were the only one to attend, well... She wouldn't mind.

Fianth, if you would do the honors? She pressed a fond kiss to her queen's nose, before turning from the weyr ledge, and slipping out the back entrance to the Weyr's corridors. She would settle herself in the Dining Hall to greet those who might wish to socialize.

The Weyr is quiet tonight, but just because many are partying over at Western, it does not mean you need be alone. To any interested, you're invited to attend a small gathering in the Dining Hall. Music, food, and drink shall be provided. Come as you are, or dress up for a night out -- all are welcome. This went out to all in the Weyr -- dragons, riders, and weyrfolk alike.

Privately, to Olliah, the queen sent a wave of fond affection. Go enjoy yourself tonight -- you work too hard, and Zheria is not here to pile more work upon your plate. I will keep an eye on Tia, Rune, and Rhys, and enjoy from my ledge. A ledge, she knew, that would more than likely be taken up by Krahsujunth.

So it was, the woman made it down to the Dining Hall, to thank a few riders and weyrfolk she had roped in to help, and to greet any who might make their way to the Hall.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:42 am
OOC Info
This is just a little shin-dig for those left behind at High Reaches Weyr. Olliah's in charge, for the moment, and has decided a little night music, and some food, might help lift the spirits of those remaining. Whether you decide to come in your gather best, or just your riding gear, all are welcome!

1. Weyrlings can attend but do not get to drink.
2. Weyrlings: Still no pants feelings kthxbai.
3. Feel free to have your character's dance, socialize, be a wall-flower, be the life of the party, etc.
4. It'll likely run a few hours, or at least until folks start leaving.
5. There are a few harpers playing music -- it'll change to more upbeat stuff if people start looking to dance, but slower dances and quiet music will happen, too.
6. Have some fun! Make some new stories!
7. You are 100% okay to make PRPs base on this thread if ORPs aren't your thing, or a chance meeting turns into something else. : D This is purely meant to kickstart some RP and Plots for everyone here!
8. It'll stay open until we decide to close it. xD

Masterharper
Vice Captain

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:48 am
He'd been surprisingly eager to help where was needed as Olliah worked to make the small get together actually come together. It isn't usual of you, W'dre. Dormith had noted with pointed amusement, sending the mental equivalent of a jab at the boy. W'dre sent the equivalent of a nudge back to the bronze as he changed into a nicer tunic - leather in red, brown, and gold. A thick belt and simple trousers finished the look but still he looked at his reflection with a frown. Was this how people dressed usually? Was this considered presentable? In most instances, the young man didn't care, yet... Dormith's mind nudged him again. You'll waste the evening away if instead of enjoying this, you set yourself on trying to make yourself the most presentable man in the Weyr. Your mild lack of presentation suits you.

And it was an accurate statement. W'dre smoothed a hand back through his hair with a sigh. She'll be there. he pushed nerves to Dormith and the bronze laughed - a physical draconic equivalent, at least. She's been there this whole time and now you're nerves? W'dre smothered the wave of annoyance he felt. This was different. It isn't.

So at the very least, Olliah would not be the only one attending. Dormith remained on his ledge with his chosen kill - allowing a few days for digestion to settle with Threadfall in their near future, but still he nudged at his rider as the young man made way to the dining hall, pondering if he'd be too presentable, not presentable enough, or if nobody would actually care. K'ienn would care and frankly it served well he wasn't there. He'd be being..K'ienn...

Hmm? And what's wrong with K'ienn. Not wrong. He's on-and-off is all. An easier opinion to have when he was a Bronzerider, but an opinion never the less.

As he entered the Dining Hall, he paused briefly to acknowledge Olliah. "You're looking lovely. Is there anything else that needs to be done, or was my assistance earlier sufficient?"

Masterharper

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:57 pm
Al'ndru and Alucarth

You are going to mingle with others Al'ndrumine. Alucarth had managed to get almost his entire upper body into the weyr as Al'ndru cussed underneath his breath. "For Faranth's sake Alucarth. I can't finish getting ready with you trying to take up as much space as you please. We may have gotten slightly bigger lodgings with our promotion to Wingseconds, but not extremely large." He had at least finished pulling on his trousers before the bronze had decided to come and figure out what was taking the man so long.

Alucarth rumbled, wanting to threaten his rider but he was at least pleased enough that he was going to go down there. If he went there he'd be able to mingle with others and it gave Alucarth more of a chance to rise in rank. "I'm just going for the booze." Al'ndru's words towards Alucarth got the bronze's eyes swirling and he let out a soft growl. Why can you not be more like Yisketh's? He has been getting quite close to the new Goldrider, it is a smart idea to get close to them when they are young.

K'ienn being brought up caused a sneer to cross Al'ndru's face, his lips curling some. He had his own thoughts on that bronzerider, though he would never act on them. He was playing the political game but there was still the fact that some of what he did went against human decency.

Finished dressing, dressed in his black trousers, black knee high boots, a black long sleeves tunic with a lovely dark red design on it, his black leather vest and then he had his black fur cloak wrapped onto his shoulders. Alucarth watched his rider leave, not at all worried about the thoughts the man had had about a fellow bronzerider.

As he entered the dining hall he caught sight of Olliah and then W'dre. "Is it going to only be us partying tonight?" His voice was dry as he spoke, moving to grab a bottle of wine, though he would rather have something harder.

Masterharper

demon_pachabel

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100

magnadearel

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:38 pm
Weyrling Jynnat and Blue Begath

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Jynnat had finished tending Begath in his final oiling for the night. She was thankful she’d bathed him earlier as the promised cold front moved in. The star struck blue looked as if a piece of clear night sky had fallen and landed on Pern. When she looked outside, she noticed it had begun to snow.

“Begath, come look. It’s your first snowfall.” Her breath misted into the cold air. Begath poked his head out of his barrack weyr and blinked when a cold flake fell upon his nose. He gave a sneeze, it is cold! “That’s why they call it snow!” His rider laughed at him.

Standing there she heard the faint sounds of music, then heard a dragon, not her Begath, speaking inside her head. As she turned slowly she realized the music was coming from the Dining Hall. Interested she headed over with Begath following her. The blue stopped at the entrance with a sad croon, I don’t believe I will fit inside anymore Jynnatmine.

The woman frowned as she turned back to her dragon. “But…. It’s cold out there, I’ll stay with you.” Begath laughed, Don’t be silly! The cold doesn’t bother me. I can think up many stories while I’m here about this stuff you call snow. He gave her a nudge with his muzzle to go inside. Enjoy yourself, I will be here.

Jynnat gave him a gentle caress along the jaw before entering. She shivered in the transition from cold to warm. As she got inside, she noted food and drink spread out. Well she didn’t mind helping herself. There didn’t seem to be many here yet. Jynnat nodded to Olliah who looked to be greeting those who did come in.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Candidate Makimton

Maki had been tidying his room in the candidate barracks. It was eerily silent with most of the population of High Reaches Weyr down at Western. It gave him some quiet time to himself and thinned the candidate ranks a little. He had felt a little left out since those who’d stayed couldn’t attend the hatching feast; Makimton had decided not to go himself since he couldn’t bear the thought of being away from his older sister for at least five Turns if had impressed. No. He’d happily wait until the next hatching here.

He had looked up, going crossed eyed as a voice spoke to him. Oh? A party here? Well then! He hoped Marek had also heard, and would show up. The teenager tossed the rest of his cleaning aside and dug out some nice clothes to wear. In a handful of minutes, he was ready. He strolled to the dining hall and greeted Olliah. “Thank you!” His nose twitched as it caught the scent of food. As a growing boy he was always hungry.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rider Ly'bur and Brown Hinburath

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Mine, Fianth has said there is a mini feast down at the dining hall for any who wish to attend, the brown always alert for gossip relayed in case his rider hadn't heard. It would be a good place to listen to idle talk. Hinburath added for good measure. The brown was already uncurling and stretching in anticipation.

Ly'bur put down the scroll he'd been reading. "Well let's not miss this party!" He tidied himself up in fairly short order and rode his dragon down to the weyr bowl. As he went to enter, around a nosy, young blue, Hinburath lofted up to a ledge where he could watch and listen. He waited in line to greet Olliah, taking her hand when it was his turn. "So gracious of you to consider us on this chilly night." Oh he was looking forward to tucking himself into a corner behind some eager talkers and catching up on the gossip and food.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Candidate Nalacko

Everything was cold and quiet. Her room was also quiet, but cozy instead of cold. She'd been looking forward to a hushed evening, when thoughts broke into hers. A party hm? Well why not? She dressed to be comfortable in the cold and made her way over to the dining hall. Nalacko cringed when she saw Hinburath lurking on the ledges above the entrance. Great. Her father was here too. She hoped R'gan would be here to keep him away. There was one blue standing by the entrance looking in.

"Excuse me," she murmured to him as she eased by. Nala stepped in and took a moment to take everything in. Not many were here yet, and she didn't see her friend. Perhaps he'd show up soon. What to do first? There was food tables, but it looked like people were greeting Olliah, who seemed to be the coordinator for all of this. Should she get a plate of food first before it got cold? But she couldn't show her respects if she had her hands full. Ugh choices! Greet first, then food. She headed toward Olliah.

Revel1984
Mention Marek

Masterharper
For greeting Olliah

DruidTigeress
For R'gan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:00 pm
Alumet of Gold Zenobiath

Honestly. she'd been looking over tithe records. Zenobiath might be bored of such things, but Alumet had the intent to be as prepared as possible once they passed their weyrlinghood. She'd become a good, studious pupil, devoted to her lessons, and it felt like she was coming in to her own. The dark gold creature rumbled lovingly, And so you are, my love. A Queen in your own right. My beloved. Mine. The call from Fianth's voice from her space...ah. Well. If the weyr was going to go, then she might as well. Zenobiath took the chance to go to a ledge to watch. Her dearest heart would be well without her, after all, and a chance to lay in the moonlight. Perhaps, she thought, stretching her wings wide, she might get attention.

Below, Alumet was dressed in a simple white dress, with a wherryhide belt about her waist, feet covered only by boots. This was nice, relaxed, and she would get to spend a bit of time with Olliah. Once in the dining hall, she waved gently, "Olliah! I am glad for this night. It is a welcome distraction from my studies." Though she enjoyed them, it was nice, sometimes, to get away.

Rune and Rhys

What Rhys wouldn't tell Auntie was the fact that not twenty minutes before Fianth's call, Rune had been in a fight. The young man had pulled his twin out of it, and when Fianth called to them, offering a night of fun while the weyr was quiet, he sighed, Fianth, tell Auntie that Rune and I will be there. Slowly, his hand moved a cool cloth to his sister's lip, cleaning blood that was spattered there from where she'd split it,
"Faranth help me, Rune, did you have to get in to it with the Drudge? You know it's really unbecoming of you." He sighed, gently continuing his work.

"When someone makes me angry, Rhys, things happen, ok?" Honestly, it was mostly because she was restless. While the girl would never admit to it, she hated candidate life sometimes. She was antsy for more, needing to be able to get out, explore, not be stuck changing the glows, or doing pointless chores. Why did it even MATTER! Fianth's voice didn't startle her, and as Rhys popped her shoulder back in, she made not a single sound.
"We're going."
"...Shards and shells." Well, it seemed she had no choice in the matter. Not with how Rhys was already standing. Bruising under her eye, and a swollen lip were telltale signs as the two made their way in to the Dining hall, her eyes refusing to meet Olliah's own.

MasterHarper

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Generous 100

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:06 pm
Nadry and Menankith had been enjoying the relative quiet of the partially-emptied Weyr, and at this hour were keeping mostly to themselves; once the Hatching at Western had gotten underway, the back-and-forth discussions about whether or not it was proper for Candidates from High Reaches to participate in the exchange with Western had picked up again, and she'd listened to enough of those already. If she had to hear another, and keep from rolling her eyes or risking saying something and kicking off a more 'heated' discussion...ugh. Maybe her dragon was rubbing off on her (probably), but restraint and a willingness to just let things go rather than take the chance of starting any kind of fuss didn't come quite so easily as they once had. She noticed things more, and was in turn bothered by them more, and it was so very bothersome.

And this dress was bothersome! It had fit perfectly fine last winter, and now it was...it was tighter than it had been! She'd gotten it on, but oh, would anyone be able to tell? It was going to be dreadfully obvious, wasn't it? The young brownrider looked down at herself despairingly, running her hands over the deep blue fabric and suddenly feeling as though she might burst into tears, and that was just silly, because it was just a dress- Hush, Mine, don't fret so! Menankith interrupted, gently nosing at her with yellowed concern in his otehrwise green eyes. You are the loveliest Mine I could have, and you have other things to wear, if you do not want to wear that.

But it's my nicest winter dress, she lamented, taking a deep breath and blinking away the beginnings of tears before they could take hold. One hand curled in the white fur of a long flared sleeve while the other stroked her bonded's muzzle. He was right, it really wasn't so awful, she could wear something else, but...maybe a wide belt around her waist, or she could hold the fur wrap just so, and no one would notice? Or maybe they would! Oh, dear. She fretted awhile longer, but in the end, she did emerge wearing the dress, white fur wrap pulled close around her. It was cold, after all. Menankith crooned after her as she entered the dining hall, into which he could no longer fit. Sometimes he missed being small! Fianth said there would be food. Maybe there will be the pies that you like!

I think the pies that I like are the problem, Nadry thought ruefully. The pies and everything else that she liked, and that her dragon encouraged her to eat. That was what she pinned the blame on, anyway, while in reality it was partially the change in diet, partially developing a bit more muscle, and partially being a teenager. But she blamed the pies.

Behind her, she heard Menankith sigh into the opening of the hall before turning his attention to his blue brother, who'd also been left out in the cold, as it were. Hello, Begath.

magnadearel

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:07 pm
C'ryn and Aresoth

It wasn't unusual to find C'ryn sitting upon his bed at the barracks and reading over notes he had taken over Threadfall reports and Wing Reports from the records room. He would never remove the records himself, not yet at least, instead he had taken to copying them down so he could look over then again. He planned on becoming a Wingleader like his father, and perhaps even the Weyrleader later on in life, if everything went the way he wanted it to, he needed to know all of this stuff.

C'rynmine, Fianth has said there is gathering in the dining hall. I believe you should go. Aresoth's voice breaking through his concentration made C'ryn lift his head up off of his notes. He was going to argue, telling the bronze he had better things to do and then, his stomach growled. He felt Aresoth's amusement at this and he sighed softly. "Alright. I'll head down there and get something to eat." And mingle, C'rynmine. C'ryn just waved his hand as he dressed, just wearing brown trousers, a white long sleeved tunic with his black boots. He didn't bother placing a coat or cloak around himself.

Aresoth alighted from the ground, hating the feeling of pushing himself off of the ground instead of gliding but there was nothing he could really do about that at the moment. It would be easier once they graduated and had a weyr of their own. He would be able to push off and glide, giving an easier entry into flight. His whirling eyes scanned the weyr, catching sight of two of his brothers, Begath and Menankith, outside of the dining hall. Then there was Zenobiath, his dear sister perched upon a ledge with her glittering golden wings out. He spiraled in a circle, growing nearer to where she had perched herself. Zenobiath, sister dear. As Yisketh is not here to keep you company, may I tonight? Aresoth had seen how Zenobiath's seemed to spend time with Yisketh's and that meant his sister spent time with the bronze as well. He didn't mind, the bronze was a great dragon and a wingleader to boot, though C'ryn did not seem to care much for the rider, he would not let that color his own thoughts.

Making his way towards the dining hall, C'ryn found the chill of the air didn't bother him, nor did the newly falling snow. This was his home and he was quite used to this. If he got sick it would be bad but, he wasn't planning on running around like a full in just his underclothes. As he entered, his eyes moved to take in those around. He recognized many of the riders, especially Olliah, as well as a couple of his fellow weyrlings. He smiled at them as he went to get a cup of klah. It seemed Aresoth was busy at the moment so he could at least have one moment without talking to someone.

-_Wish of Tevarae_-

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:44 pm
Ichta and Aurinkoth

Just go. If anybody mean is there I'll chase them off for you! Aurinkoth had redoubled his attempts to be reassuring ever since Tchose had made her grand entrance and done an unfortunate number on his bonded's self esteem. Every day as full of reassurances that she was not a disappointment and was as lovely and wonderful as he could have ever hoped for. The little blue head rested in her lap and Ichta ran her hand over the knobs of his head, finding almost instinctually familiar places now. No longer did Aurinkoth ask for things. Ichta simply knew, like any thought that would easily bubble up in her mind when she was reading, or in the middle of a conversation.

But that road went two ways, and perhaps the same nag of emotion pulled at the edges of the blue, and that was why he laid there so compliantly, basking in the love Ichta could give and returning it tenfold. If she's still here, I don't think she'd go to a gathering of so many dragons, Ichta replied, taking some comfort in that. Then go. Perhaps Menankith's will be there - and I can try to summon Elzebuth's again if you'd rather he see you in good spirits. Oh, she wasn't sure how she'd feel about that, but it wasn't an awful suggestion.

Some people had nice clothing to wear, but Ichta simply had what she'd had before she came to the Weyr....and the single new tunic she'd managed to make for herself. It was a heavy wool, lined with a nice soft cotton in a deep red. It, a simple pair of trousers, and a thick belt seemed to suit the look just fine. At least she seemed to think she looked alright as she braided up her hair out of her face. Not that it mattered if she looked good or not. She couldn't do anything with just looking good.

But you make both of us look good when you make yourself presentable. Which is important. Come come. You can sit on my shoulders and I will run! You will be happy before the end of the night, I promise!

While they had not flown together yet, Ichta had settled on the blue's shoulders with some familiarity, running her hand along the spines of her blue's neck before he went romping off, taking her along for the ride. It was a chilly enough evening, and briefly, Ichta wished she'd brought a coat. Yet as they got closer to the Hall, she could make out the familiar shapes of other dragons. It was with bare tether she got Aurinkoth to halt before nearly leaping onto his brown brother. Menankith! You're here! Yours is here! Oh how fantastic! Mine does need to see a familiar friendly face! Ichta! Ichta! Menankith is here! Go see her! Go! Aurinkoth bugled joyfully as he practically wove himself into a circle, finally settling so that the young woman could dismount.

He nudged her back as Ichta retreated inside, causing her to turn on one foot to take his head in both of her hands and kiss the top of his head. You silly boy. If it gets too cold go back into the Barracks. Aurinkoth replied with a wave of affirmation before his bonded headed inside and for a moment, she enjoyed the warmth of the room.

Meepfur
Aurinkoth is like HELLOHELLOHELLOHELLOHELLO

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:37 pm
Tsunami Wingleader G'er and Bronze Ironith
G'er, as usual, had chosen to stay back and let his wingmembers go enjoy the party over at Western. He'd heard it had been a particularly bloody Hatching and at least a few of his wingriders were curious to see what hatchlings could cause such havoc. He'd asked them to bring back stories and mind-images to share with he and Ironith but had decline invitations to attend. He knew he walked a fine line at High Reaches and as much as he had his own approach to leadership, he liked not crossing that line – getting too cozy with Western was one of those crossing the line things in his opinion.

Still, when Fianth's call rang out into the evening, G'er's eyes lit up. The bronzerider did so love social affairs! He wrapped up his paperwork and took one last glance at the skymap of the expected Threadfall pattern – it was due to fall in a few days – and padded over to his armoire. Ironith, please tell Fianth we'll be attending.

Ironith rumbled happily, shuffling forward on the perch of his weyr to watch as dragons already began filtering into the Weyrbowl to set their riders down near the entrance that lead to the dining hall. Mine, people are gathering already do hurry up! G'er laughed, feeling the rising excitement of the dragon. The bronze did so enjoy rubbing shoulders with other dragons.

Not long after, G'er and Ironith fluttered in with a loud bugle of greeting to those nearby, the bronze settling as daintily as he could onto the ground. As soon as G'er slid off, dressed in his formal wear – fine black suedes, leathers, and silks with accents in Tsunami's colours, the bronze padded off in the direction of the weyrlings – they were getting so big! Some were nearly full size now and it impressed the bronze. Hello! I hope I find all of you well. How go the lessons? Many had started flying and he was always eager hear those first stories.

As G'er swept into thedining room, he brushed some of the powdered snow from his shoulder and took the area in. Many of the weyrlings were already gathered. He arched a brow, an excellent time to socialize with them... get a feel for their merits for possible recruitment into the wing. It never hurt to groom someone early on if you had a good feeling about them! But first things first... to greet the goldriders.

He approached Olliah and bowed, a genuine smile upon his lips as he spoke, “Evening Goldrider Olliah, I appreciate this gathering. Warm company on a cool night is always an excellent idea.” G'er turned to Alumet next, and also bowed, though a little less deeply, and offered her a smile as well, “Goldrider Alumet. I trust I find you well? How is your Zenobiath doing?”

Tag to any Weyrling Dragons left outside – Ironith is chatting with whomever answers his query!
”-_Wish of Tevarae_-”

”Masterharper”

Waiver

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:47 am
Ashlyn/Gyafrith and Demanthra/Monath

Although she could have gone to Western to see the hatching, she would have felt bad going when Demanthra couldn't. So even though she had been covered in concerns to the Weyrlings being watched, she decided to stay at High Reaches. Currently, she had been keeping an eye on the Weyrling barracks, though things were quiet. She was glad she was wearing some of her warmer rider clothing, with the cold front moving in. Her eyes watched the snow starting to fall, Gyafrith bending down to nuzzle her cheek. That was when the call from Fianth, the gold dragon who belonged to Olliah, about a little get-together in the Dining Hall.

We should go, so you can interact with some of the others, Ashlynmine. While you and Demanthra are mingling, Monath and I can interact with any of the dragons who wait outside,Gyafrith suggested, making sure Demanthra and Monath heard as well.

I agree with Gyafrith, Demanthra mine. You should go have fun. I bet you will look beautiful, specially if you wear that pretty green dress,Monath suggested. She pictured her rider being belle of the ball, despite Demanthra's mental protests. However, Demanthra ducked inside and went to change into the green dress. Meanwhile, Ashlyn had asked Gyafrith to pass on to Amarisath that they were going. She wanted her husband to come and bring their son, or see if someone could watch him if they didn't want to go. Oh and to bring her pretty blue dress and cape.

Message sent, Mine. Hopefully you can duck in an area to get changed into your dress when he brings it,Gyafrith spoke. Ashlyn nodded her head in agreement, before her sister joined them.

"Alright, think we are ready to head over now,"she smiled, spinning around so they could all see.

See told you that it would look beautiful on you,Monath beamed, as they headed to the hall. When they got there, Ashlyn ushered her sister in, saying she would stay out with the dragons until T'ye showed up. Demanthra nodded, patting Monath's side, before going inside.

Thaliawen

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:50 am
Nadry began to regret her choice to attend, and to wear this particular dress, from the moment she stepped into the dining hall.  She pulled her wrap more tightly around herself, and searched for a familiar, friendly face.  Oh, they should have asked before they'd come if R'gan, Ichta, or G'ran were doing the same!  Not that she didn't know her fellow Weyrlings decently on account of all the time they had to spend together, but those three were her friends, and when she didn't spot any of them right off, she felt a bit lost, especially once she noticed the little grouping of metallic riders gathered about the Weyrwoman Second.  She'd become rather suspicious of them on principle, between Menankith's views and her own knowledge of what more traditionalist types tended to think of her and others like her.  And of course, Olliah and Alumet both looked lovely, and their dresses fit properly, and if Alumet was here then... Oh, she really shouldn't have worn this dress.

Mine, Aurinkoth and His are here! her brown trumpeted at the sight of his brightest blue brother, and may even have bounced a few times on his forefeet. Aurinkoth!  It is so good that Yours is here, myNadry needs just the same!  Perhaps Yours can make sure for me that she eats enough? He had latched onto the unfairness of girls being made to feel that they shouldn't eat too much or certain things at their own Hatching Feast, and had never let it go. I can feel that she is hungry, but she says she has had too many pies and that is why her dress is wrong.

A hint of yellow worked its way into blue eyes when an older bronze spoke to them, dampening his excitement. They go as well as can be expected, he answered in guarded tones after a moment of consideration. We begin flying with Ours soon.

Waiver

demon_pachabel
HELLO HI
(have a writhing mass of teenage insecurities)

Meepfur
Crew

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:53 am
Menankith says to make sure Nadry eats enough! Aurinkoth advised and Ichta nodded - albeit mentally.There were little nuances to mental communication she still wasn't entirely certain how they worked yet. With confirmation in head, however, Aurinkoth walked over to his brown brother to bump his head up against Menankith's. I don't understand about the dress, but Mine has been very specific about making sure Elzebuth's has fitting clothing, so perhaps that is something girls do. If it is odd, I'm certain Ichtamine can fix it.

Ironith's approach and inquiry were answered with much more enthusiasm from Aurinkoth - ever trusting and positive - than perhaps Menankith offered. We're flying! Not with ours yet, which is very unfortunate, but soon! So soon! MyIchta isn't worried at all - for once! It will be wonderful! he trilled as he gave his answer, radiating the same joy he always did.

Ichta would have absorbed all of that joy if it was possible for Aurinkoth to ever run out of it. Still, his never ending positivity made it easier for her to smooth down her woes, tapping the snow off of her boots before she strode farther into the Dining Hall. There were several metallic riders assembled, and Ichta regarded them on an individual basis. She knew several of them had good hearts, after all. Then there were a few that...well...Ichta left that to herself. There was at least one good heart of the non-metallic sort she was happy to see, however.

"Nadry!" Ichta greeted, perhaps louder than she would have usually intended, but Aurinkoth's good cheer was infectious and she didn't fight it off. She picked up her step a little as she crossed the room to greet the young woman, pausing a moment to look over the dress - since Aurinkoth had given her an impression that for some reason the dress was important. "You look lovely! Have you been doing well?" Certainly, Ichta was aware of how lessons were going, but it was all the space between them that she was interested in.

Meepfur

Waiver

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:17 pm
I'llian of Blue Xith

The air was cold outside, but the roaring fire in the Dining Hall hearth was warm and inviting. Seated in a chair next to the fire, I'llian sipped his hot mulled wine and listened to the Harpers as their music drifted over the gathered dragonriders and Weyrfolk. He wasn't particularly interested in going out onto the dance floor, or in making the rounds of socializing as some were. No, he was content to sit by the hearth and observe, as he often did at social events.

To anyone observing him, the young bluerider looked like a small dark spot against the walls of the Dining Hall, dressed all in fur-lined black, his tunic high-collared and cozy. The only thing that made him stand out (apart from the fact he wasn't being terribly social) was his long dark red hair and piercing amber gaze. He was actually glad for winter; he didn't much like summer, even in the mountains of High Reaches Weyr. His beloved blue Xith had stayed behind at their weyr, so it was just him out tonight, even though the dragon was a thought away.

I'llian had brought his most recent sketchbook and a bit of charcoal to draw with. Removing the art supplies from his satchel, he thumbed through the parchment pages of his sketchbook until he reached a blank one. He looked out over his fellow weyrmates and started sketching what he saw, the sharpened corner of the charcoal skimming lightly over the page as he drew. Hopefully people knew him well enough to leave him alone while he worked.

Quote:
Despite appearances, I'llian is open for interaction from anyone!

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:43 pm
V'rind & Krahsujunth

The idea of showing her face was not one V'rind was keen on these days. It wasn't that she was ashamed of her...predicament, or of the ongoing gossip piece that was Krahsujunth and Fianth's rather public relationship, but...well.

She was just so huge.

"I just can't remember being this massive last time," She grumbled to her blue as she finally (after some minutes of struggling) managed to get a tunic to fit. That'd been its own special hell, finding fitting clothing she could tolerate.

You also were much smaller then yourself. Younger. Afraid. Perhaps this time you egg is simply larger. A gold, perhaps, instead of a green. The blue thrummed from his perch. He hadn't looked away from Fianth's ledge once, and she knew he'd be off as soon as she herself was. These days her weyr's ledge belonged more to T'at's brown, Nessuth, than Krah...but that was alright. She'd never felt him so happy before, so consistently at least.

And frankly the idea of more food was most of why she was keen to indulge. Whatever was brewing in her belly, boy or girl, was ravenous it seemed. Long over her aversion to the scents of some foods, and closing in on when she anticipated delivering, it seemed apt. She was ravenous all the time. T'at usually made sure she wasn't going wild, and hopefully he'd turn up tonight too. Otherwise she'd find a way to eat an entire herdbeast herself, she just knew it.

I'm off then. Give Fianth my thanks for babysitting you.

Hmph. As if I would ever tell her that.

The huge blue spread his wings, dropping of the ledge to scoop the cold mountain air as his rider descended to the small feast. Eithin a heartbeat he was gone—invisible in the driving snow so much that he may as well have fallen between.
-_Wish of Tevarae_-
Cause she's lookin' to meet T'at on the way or once there.
Masterharper
Cause Krah's coming to sit with Fianth.

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas