Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Sermons
Powerful Sermon On Fake Christianity

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:47 am

Duration: 41:17

Jeff Durbin was asked to be a guest speaker for a high school youth group in a very large church for a new series on sin. He was asked to speak on the topic of abortion for about 25-minutes. Not long before he spoke, Jeff says he was convinced to do away with most of his planned sermon and emphasize something else.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:32 pm
I'm replying just to bookmark this post. Just got interrupted, sadly.  

Total Moon

Barton Citizen

14,175 Points
  • Informer 100
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Noble Shade 100

User 32423819

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:51 am
That was a great sermon.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:00 pm
I loved hearing about how they were able to save babies just by loving on those women and sharing the word and rescuing them. I feel that this method is better than standing outside of the clinics with signs shaming, yelling, and condemning them. Helping them and loving them is the best way to go. It makes me sad that he has faced a lot of opposition from the church when it comes to ministering to these women.

I also liked how he talked about false conversions. Especially with the five-year-old child analogy, of course the child would want bliss. We would all want bliss! I think it's important to get some basic understanding of what Christ's teachings are before you get saved. That way you know what you're signing up for so to speak.

I also liked how he admitted to being a hypocrite. Doing all kinds of ungodly things while professing the word. He was brave to admit that, however, it shows that we need to be diligent. I liked how he used his near-death experience to reexamine things and make changes. After that experience, he then asked God to save him and then he talks about the changes that happened after doing that. Powerful stuff! Brutal truth that everyone needs to hear!

In a completely unrelated note, this sermon was posted on Nov 27, 2017. I'm replying exactly two years later on the same day! rofl  

Rysabi

Sermons

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff