Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[PRP] Here's a Title (Tyalith, Mishaath)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:22 am
It hadn't been long after the flight that Tyalith had sent the dragon who'd caught her packing, and headed for her weyr ledge. She hoped Mishaath would be joining her. My love, I await you on our ledge, she sent. Would Mishaath be angry at her? She'd been unable to catch her in the end. Her mate was just--too fast. Too fast.

How was she supposed to make up for this? How did she make things better? She'd wanted to protect Mishaath, just like hers did Mishaath's--but... How could she have failed?

You must be tired. We can sit here and watch the sun go down, maybe.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:25 pm
It had taken Mishaath a bit of time to recover from the exertion of the flight, and a bit longer to work up the backbone to (very gently) dismiss the brown that had caught her—which amounted to her thanking him for his trouble, apologizing, and then darting away like a bolt the moment she felt Tyalith mentally reaching out to her.

She was up on the ledge in a heartbeat, body nearly thrumming with anxiety. How could she have done this? Chosen someone other than her Tyalith? She'd flown so hard, chased so well, but Mishaath had overextended herself, and had to allow another to help her down from the sky. Would Tyalith be angry that she'd picked another? What if she wanted her to leave? Being apart from T'rel would kill Tyila, surely. How could she have done this?

The tiny green creeled pitifully as she crept towards the larger, lounging green. To her, Tyalith sounded almost stand-offish, her own anxiety making her read the other's anxiety as disappointment. I, yes, yes please Tyalith I would, would like that very much... She slunk closer, looking every bit like a timid rabbit about to bolt at the first sharp look or quick turn.

Thaliawen

ShinosBee

Nerd

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:36 am
Something was wrong. Tyalith didn’t like it. Had she upset Mishaath so much that the smaller green was frightened of her? What was this behavior? How did she fix this? I am sorry I could not catch you, she began, after a moment of silence. She slowly moved closer. She had tried her best, it just hadn’t been good enough. She hadn’t been fast enough, sh hadn’t been strong enough...

How could she expect Mishaath to ever forgive her? She’d failed to protect her. I am sorry, she said again, and poked her tongue out to softly lick then smaller green. The sun reminds me of you, the way your hide shines. Shed come to watch it, soon as she’d escaped the dragon that’d caught her.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:22 am
Mishaath was a mess as Tyalith leaned a bit closer. Oh, oh, she would hate to lose the bigger green's affections! When Tyalith apologized, she wanted to weep! If only a dragon could cry. No, no, I'M the one who's sorry! She insisted. I ran away from you, and then when I wanted to turn and find you my wings were just so tired, and... She trailed off, still wrought with distress, but leaned against Tyalith for comfort and reassurance. What a pair they were, both tripping over each other in their upset about the entire thing. If only she hadn't had to rise!

The little green was almost silent as she let herself come down from her worried height. The distant sun was indeed setting, casting long shadows over the Weyr. She could feel her rider, arm in arm with Tyalith's, somewhere down in the bowels of the place, probably getting a late dinner. The woman had reached out, sensing her dragon's anxiety and fear, and that combined with her mate green's touch was slowly helping her calm. ...Which male caught you? She finally ventured. Mine was not a blue. She offered, wanting not to really talk about it, but knowing that Tyalith would appreciate knowing that Mishaath had not been as bad off as she could have been.

Thaliawen

ShinosBee

Nerd

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:07 pm
No, I’m the one who should be sorry, Tyalith echoed. I couldn’t keep up, and I should have. I knew you were frightened. She nuzzled Mishaath. You flew well and beautifully, my love. She had! What a flight it’d been, and what shame Tyalith felt for being unable to keep up.

A very nice brown, She said. She had been in such a rush to get away, she hadn’t thought of what the dragon’s name might be. I wouldn’t have let a blue fly you. She curled her tail around Mishaath slightly. I worried for you.  
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 1:42 pm
Mishaath sunk into Tyalith's embrace, the tiny green sighing and going slack with relief that, indeed, her beloved was not unhappy with her. They could put the day's events behind them, and simply sit together and enjoy this moment. Her tail wrapped tight around her love's, squeezing for a moment before releasing. With a wriggle she nosed up her green's wing, tucking herself under it like a blanket. The, the weyr has...has plenty of n-nice...nice blues. She managed to squeak. As if she could convince herself.

...But I am glad it was a brown. A bronze would have been...well. Probably too large. And Tyilath was just perfect. If only, if only...

Thaliawen

ShinosBee

Nerd

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 4:00 pm
It does, Tyalith agreed. She nuzzled Mishaath gently. There are none good enough for you, though, my love. None of them are kind enough, or strong enough, or smart enough.

She paused and snorted in amusement. Probably, she agreed. You’re the perfect size.  
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 1:45 pm
That's...not true. They're v-very brave and, and strong. They help p=protect the weyr. Though the fact that her wing didn't have many blues at all wasn't something she'd ever complain about. It really wasn't their fault. She'd met several, and they were quite nice. The bronzes and golds just made her feel safer though. Protected. Almost as much as Tyalith did.

Leaning against her Tyalith was like reclining on a cloud. No, I think, uhm, you're just the right size...for me? Oh, if dragons could blush! With a faint squeak the tiny green twisted to hide her head under her own wing. Funny how even with her own weyrmate she could become so flustered. It was...it was just a little bit embarrassing admitting to such sappy thoughts and feelings.

Thaliawen

ShinosBee

Nerd

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 3:30 pm
Tyalith gave a skeptical sound. She had had no problems with blues until Mishaath had come into her life, but now she was biased against them. The green nuzzled her mate gently. They are brave, she agreed. All the Weyr’s dragons were—but even still, no blue could ever deserve her Mishaath. No brown or bronze could hope to deserve her. How was it that she, a green deserved Mishaath’s love? Somehow, they just fit perfectly.

I will work on becoming stronger so next time I can catch you, she vowed. How else did she express how she felt to Mishaath?  
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 9:44 am
Mishaath honestly hadn't meant to make her mate biased against blues. She wanted to feel safe and at ease around them, herself. They made up nearly as much of the weyr as greens did, and they were...well, almost all of them were kind, and not at all like the blue that had left her wary of them. If you work to become faster, I will work on lasting longer in the air, to give you more time to catch me. If her Tyalith was going to go through so much effort, putting some in back was the least the tiny green could do.

The sun had dipped below the horizon now, turning the sky dark, though still colorful. Painted in streaks of purple and red and gold...Mishaath wanted to see it. Slowly she peeked out from under her own wing, the colors reflecting off her own deep blue eyes. It was becoming a perfect evening, now that the...morning was over. Gently she let her chin rest on Tyalith's claw, not saying anything else, just enjoying the moment.

Thaliawen

ShinosBee

Nerd

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 1:03 pm
Tyalith seemed to pause, and gave a happy thrum. I will work hard to become faster, and if you last longer, there is no way I will fail to catch you. The thought of being able to catch her love made her so happy.

Oh...the sky was beautiful. Tyalith watched the colors for a moment before turning her attention to Mishaath. She nuzzled her gently and laid her head down next to the other green’s.

“ShinosBee”

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 2:52 pm
Mishaath could thrumm with how at peace she felt now. no more uncomfortable need to rise and be caught, no more worries about browns or blues. No wondering about Tyalith's feelings. Just the warm green hide of her mate, and the slowly setting sun. Her body still ached from the flight, her wings slack and worn from flapping. The sun was still radiating lovely heat though, and...she...

from just next to Tyalith's head, a faint noise could be heard. The tiniest of snores from the petite green. Eyes closed, utterly at peace and certain of her safety, under the open sky of their ledge, Mishaath had dozed right off.

Thaliawen

ShinosBee

Nerd

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 4:25 pm
What was that sound? Tyalith listened for a moment before gently nuzzling her mate. Mishaath had always been nervous to watch the stars with her, because it was out in the open. Now...

Now, now was perfect. Tyalith put her wing slightly over Mishaath and closed her eyes.  
[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games