Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

NymiiNym
Crew

Shy Wife

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:36 pm
User Image Visiting Sin wasn't anything unusual, especially for Yuki. More often than not, he practically lived in Sin's den, sharing the space with his brother as they discussed future plans. They talked a lot; especially these days, when Sin was restless as his children collected mates and children and Yuki had little to do now that his second litter was grown. Their last discussion had been an interesting one, stirring nostalgic memories long after they had said goodbye. Resurrecting Cruor had been a tense but bittersweet conversation. Of course Yuki wanted the tribe back, but Sin? He held something heavy towards the idea, often brushing aside Yuki's attempt to stir the past into the present.

Still, he was always welcomed to Sin's home, and Yuki had spotted a certain niece with a BCR run by his den. Someone had a child, and a mild frustration rolled in his stomach. No one had told him! That was unheard of! The lavender and blood lines were so intermingled.... so complete as a family that the idea that he hadn't known of a new addition was foreign. That had never happened before, Sin always told him first.

Which meant something was up. So, Yuki had nudged Ixen awake early that morning and demanded they visit the deeper part of the blood scented forest, where the darker side of the family resided. His nose wrinkled as they approached the den of his brother and mate, his tail twitching in an uncommon irritation.

User Image Sin couldn't smell, not after the incident when he was a kit, but he could practically sense Yuki's arrival. The usual wag in his tail wasn't evident as he pressed deeper inside his cave, ears flicked against his head. Ah, he'd have to explain sooner than he thought why there was a very familiar marked BCR under his tail. This... hadn't gone the way it was supposed to, honestly, and he was reluctant to admit it. Nyx had, unceremoniously, tried to smash the BCR the moment he left her alone with it. Something about how she could smell the scent of him, a hatred he had instilled in her in at a young age backfiring completely. Nyx was protective of what she considered hers; perhaps even more so then him at times. He was proud of her, but the moment her eyes flashed he should have know she perceived the BCR as a threat to her family. He should have realized the danger the BCR had been in.

Luckily, Niril had intercepted seconds before it was too late. The vampire had deposited the BCR back in Sin's paws before tending to his own BCR and mate, and now... now Sin had this. Perhaps he could dump it on Yuki... or Phanes. Not Erebus, he'd just end up traumatizing the child early, and Nanna? She had enough to deal with. That left Nox, but if Nyx tried to smash the BCR, so would she, most likely.

That, or abandon it.

Sin sighed lowly, dragging himself out of the cave and leaving the BCR deep within as he settled at the entrance, awaiting Yuki's arrival. This was going to be a fun talk.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:20 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Following quietly behind Yuki, as a shadow would, Ixen was hardly surprised at his mate’s take charge attitude here. While it was true Yuki was a more passive and compassionate male most of the time this involved Sin. That was the one time Yuki was as firm as any other fox Ixen knew, perhaps more so. The whole family was a complicated mess in many ways Ixen knew all too well as he followed his mate, but whatever the reason for the surprise his mate had seen and was now rankled about would be explained. Sin was simply like that. Perhaps it was because Ixen was patient enough he knew things would come in time, or perhaps it was because he had simply learned that Sin had a reason for most everything he did. Unless this was something started by the children. Then this was going to be an unexplained phenomenon that would be short lived and doubtfully interested. From the days of Crour and the passing of the tribe. Ixen often wondered if Yuki would decide to take on the mantle that his brother started but Ixen didn’t push the idea on his mate. He bore the mark of Crour on his leg silently knowing should Sin or Yuki continue the tribe they would have his support. Sin’s other children…. Less so, but that was because he found them shortsighted sometimes, if Sin or Yuki asked it of him only then would Ixen help. Ixen brushed the thoughts aside there were more pressing matters to think on. “Peace Yuki, you’ll have answers soon.” Ixen kept his voice low and calm. The scent of blood in the forest was a nice one from Ixen’s childhood. The den was here and finally they would find out what was going on.

Seeing Sin’s familiar visage Ixen gave a respectful nod as always. He had no idea what all this was about as his sweet Yuki was a ball of twitching uncertainty from the looks of it. Not sure if his mate wanted to yell or cry Ixen was ready for either. He started to run possible situations Yuki might start on. No matter what Ixen would make a logical argument to support the grey male. He watched the muscles in Yuki’s back letting his mate start in on anything that had to be said.

WC: 391  

Reoakee
Crew

Beloved Lunatic

19,875 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

NymiiNym
Crew

Shy Wife

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:52 pm
As much as Yuki loved Ixen, he had to bite back the urge to snip back. Answers soon wasn't now, and he needed to know absolutely this second! Still, he appreciated the concern and obvious attempt to soothe. After many years of being partners, they still fit. They hadn't once fallen out of love, and that was saying something! So much drama, so many years... he had seen mates together for half their time break up on a whim, and here they were; connected. Yuki glanced over at Ixen, sighing as he pressed his cheek against Ixen's.

It'd be okay, he knew that. His eyes flicked up as the dark figure of a certain large male could be seen. Instantly, he broke into a trot, sprinting towards the last few steps until he was sliding against his brothers side, mixing their scents as he gave an anxious forehead rub here and a swat there before bouncing to the side.

Sin snorted at the greeting, one dark eyes closing as Yuki pressed against his cheek. He was grateful when the small but somehow strong male had finished almost toppling him over. As much as he adored Yuki, more then the moon and back, right now he didn't have the energy. He waited beside the grey fox for Ixen, tail loose and muscle relaxed despite the slowly accumulating tension he felt from Yuki's stare.

Oh deities, he was in trouble.

Reoakee

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:21 pm

The soft touch of his mate was appreciated. Ixen could see how tense his mate was and he was glad that Yuki was still listening to him and not losing his cool. Ixen had to smile a bit how upset Yuki was. How cute Yuki was. He watched the exchange between the brothers. Sin was off from his normal self. That was interesting, and disturbing. “I believe father that my beloved mate has a question or two that you may know the answer to.” He gave a little shrug of sorts. “I know the information required or I would have helped you to fill in the blanks and this exchange need not have taken place.” He gave Sin a very plain blank look. Whatever it was that was going on Sin would share it or have to deal with Yuki’s upset visage which would tug the heart strings of both Sin and Ixen to the very base. It was weakness they both shared. He took glance at Yuki keeping a neutral face. He was hear to listen and support Yuki. It was just that simple.

He bit back a yawn. Yuki had gotten him up in rather a rush this morning. “Perhaps you would care to enlighten us as to what could possibly have Yuki’s fur on end and what that scent is.” It was faint buried amidst all the others but it was a foreign and unwelcome scent. Ixen’s red eyes were as unflinching as ever as he boached this topic with the male who was both his adoptive father and his brother in law.  

Reoakee
Crew

Beloved Lunatic

19,875 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

NymiiNym
Crew

Shy Wife

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:44 pm
Sin cast a dark glance towards Ixen, although they both knew it lacked any threat that it would hold if sent to a stranger. It was irritation mixed with basic frustration. He needed more time, but that wasn't in the plan anymore. Not with the look in Yuki's eyes and the obvious attention to detail Ixen was displaying.

"Who is that?" Yuki could swear he had smelled that scent before, but his brain couldn't pinpoint what it was. Sin casted a glance towards him, an ear flicking before he sighed lowly. Fine.

"That, is this," He answered, leaving them for a moment before returning with the dark blue and white BCR, dropping it in the middle of their gathering with a gentle nudge.

User Image

Yuki felt his mouth drop for a moment, mind reeling. That... that wasn't the BCR he saw Nyx with. No, that... no, it.... His eyes flicked up to Sin, a sputtering sound leaving him before he snapped his mouth shut, eyes narrowing harshly. He remembered, long time ago, that Sin had returned home once with a wound and a story; he had promised the thorn sibling he'd steal a child. Yuki had always assumed Sin had forgotten, especially after he had heard of Shai's children. It wasn't like they kept in frequent touch, but Sin had his ways of receiving information.

Which meant this new BCR was from a second litter. It meant Sin had accomplished what he had long thought impossible. It meant it was Shai's child.

"I stole it a few nights back. I've been busy trying to..." He trailed off, shrugging gently. Wait a second...

"How did you know something was amiss?"

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:05 pm
So it was a stolen BCR? The coloration and markings meant nothing to Ixen emotionally. He had heard some stories but never really cared as they never affected him. Yuki was visibly shaken. Moving to his mate’s side he gave Yuki a soft nuzzle. “breathe deep.” Giving a lick he turned back to Sin. “Yuki woke me up and was bristled enough he looked like a puff. He came straight here and there has been a lingering scent this full way, something not of blood and leaf. Something that does not belong here.” He looked at the BCR. “Well doesn’t belong yet at least. Given time and temperament it might well be a case like my own. Another child of Sin.” Was that Sin’s plan? Or would he end the little life? Ixen doubted that. If it was stolen in malice having the child grow up praising him but rejecting that father would be a sweeter revenge then just the theft to start. Still what of the mother? Surel…ah Shinya was Shai’s mate? He would have to check with Yuki later. He had met the vixen once before. Ixen’s mind harkened back to what he knew about the pair. Not much. Shai was hated, Shinya was nice but irrelevant overall. Ixen wondered if Sin would raise the child thinking that Shai had abandoned the child who the mother loved and kept the other children of the litter. That would be a cruel method targeting Shai and severing ties with that fox alone. Still that was only if the child was kept alive and not discarded to a complete stranger. That was also a possible option as well. Not as cruel but still effective. “Will you kill it or keep it? What purpose will it serve?” All his thoughts above were just speculative it was Sin’s plan of action and his will that would determine the life of the child he stole. He only hoped what ever the choice it wasn’t something that would be to hurtful for Yuki to hear. Perhaps he should have had Yuki leave before poking about this topic? Would this child be nothing more then food for the other more … blood thirsty children?

Ixen had no doubt the way he thought had been taught to him by his father, surely Sin had considered all this and more. What had he been trying to do?  

Reoakee
Crew

Beloved Lunatic

19,875 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

NymiiNym
Crew

Shy Wife

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:26 pm
"That..." He trailed off as Ixen spoke, eyes locked on the BCR. It wasn't the one he saw — he hadn't mentally prepared for this. His head shook twice before he looked up at Sin, a paw raising to gesture towards the BCR. "I woke up to see Nyx run by. I think it was her, she usually has the longer hair of the two," Nyx and Nox were almost as identical as they come, minus the hair length. "She had a BCR. Not this one... I thought... I-"

He couldn't finish his thoughts, looking down at the BCR in alarm. Shai's. The better brother, the one everyone had loved. His heart sunk as he imagined the child looking just like the person he never could be. The fox who had stolen any attempt at a healthy childhood. He shook his head again, snapping himself from the thoughts to adequately look at Sin finally.

"It's Shai's, yes," Sin hummed. "As for Nyx, she had a BCR with her life partner a few days ago... I believe the same day this one was born." He wrinkled his nose at the thought, nudging the BCR. "I tried to offer the BCR to her, but she misunderstood my intention, I suppose." That, or Nyx had decided the absolute best outcome was the one she evidently settled on, regardless of what Sin thought.

The fact he loved children was one of his flaws, something he didn't bother trying to hide anymore. Out of the countless, hundreds of murders, Sin had never harmed a child. Kidnapping was different, but kits were always safe under his care. Perhaps that was why he hadn't left ex-Cruor lands as his family grew and kept reproducing tiny little demons. He liked being surrounded by them, and now that Lamia had wandered off for her own means he had been alone. She'd return, he knew that. She was off playing her own little game, and it happened a few times over the years. Unfortunately, Sin had grown quieter in his festering rage over the years due to her presence. Every time she left, he slipped into old and hostile ways, and this had been the longest she had been gone.

Deities, he wondered why she'd think when she would come home to the little demon he had stolen.

Wait, that was it, wasn't it? A little demon, a term he called his little ones. This was Shai's by blood, but keeping it? Raising it? Not only could he break Shai's heart, but he'd have another member to his family. Family was all that mattered to him anymore, and it was what his blood ran for. All of this could be perfect, he could finally have his revenge and a strong child in the process. Shai was powerful, matching Sin's own strength. Surely this child would mimic their father.

His eyes flickered at the thought, head snapping in its usually birdlike fashion to the side. Yes, he quite liked that idea. "Keep it," He couldn't hide the disgust on his face at the idea of killing it. He wasn't heartless, although he wouldn't call Lamia or Nyx heartless, either, and they weren't above murdering a child. He wasn't sure why his stomach flipped in disgust at the idea, but he'd never. "Raise it as one of our own." Ha, how strange that would be to see. Most of the family was black, white, or red. Shigure and Judas were exceptions, but even they fit the theme with their mostly darker tones. A blue fox amongst the red? Delightful.

Yuki, however, didn't look as pleased. His ears folded against his head, a sickening whine leaving him. As their own? No, they couldn't! Not another Shai. Anything but another Shai.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:57 pm
WC 399
Ixen nodded so a few new kits and one was acquired from Shinya’s line. Ixen moved snuggled close to his whimpering mate. Ixen did wonder what Nyx was going to do with the BCR but decided it was Nyx and he should stop trying to figure her out. So Sin was going to take the same route he had with Ixen. That made sense. Ixen had to admit he did feel some relief. He didn’t like the idea of killing kits. There was always so much potential and innocence. It didn’t matter who the kit was a child could become anything if raised well. “Yuki.” He whispered to Yuki. “Yuki. Breathe deep” He gave the grey fox a gentle lick. “this child will end up like myself. I turned out ok didn’t I? Sin raised me to be a child of his. This is and will be a child of Sin.” Ixen knew this last few sentences was cheap but he hoped it would help wake his mate up. The fact was if it was raised here it would be a child of this family no matter strange it was. The fact it had been born of Shinya didn’t matter all that much. He did feel bad for the vixen. Ixen didn’t think much on Shai, though he did have one concern. “Should we prepare for reprisal from the birth parents?” He could set a few traps in the forest and it wasn’t as though there weren’t enough foxes here to deal with most any threat. Ixen was far more concerned with how Yuki was doing. The poor male had so many issues with this he could tell from how his mate was so tense. “Yuki if you want we can talk about this more. I want to help banish the darkness from your eyes.” He gave his mate a kiss. He was always going to be there for Yuki and help his mat no matter how hard things might be. He took a glance at Sin. “Tell me what help you require of us?” He knew that some members of the family were less then reliable. Ixen would prefer tasks that would not stress his mate out too much but if Yuki could see that this kit was not a boogie fox in disguise. That might help his mate deal with this current level of stress and horror  

Reoakee
Crew

Beloved Lunatic

19,875 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

NymiiNym
Crew

Shy Wife

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:27 pm
Sin felt sympathetic for his brother, he really did. Under all that muck and dust in his heart he still held that deep seated need to make Yuki happy. However, this had been everything he had dreamt of and more — he couldn't give up on it.

"I only need the usual routine," Sin began, pausing. "Actually, Shai might come looking for it, yes. We should set up more traps around the forest." While almost all of Sin's kids lived within the forest and a few of their kids did, too, he would sleep easier knowing everyone would be "safer" once the traps were up. Really, he didn't hold too much concern for his family; his children, even the less physically strong ones, were strong. He was sure if Shai stumbled upon Erebus or Nyx he'd at least leave with a few new scars.

Yuki let out a sound mixed between a cough and a strangled whine. The idea of Shai coming to the forest left his legs weak, eyes growing wilder with each passing second. Did Shai know where they lived? Had he heard tale of the Cruor tribe? His head snapped to look at Ixen and then Sin, ears flicked back against his head.

"Yuki, we're safe," Sin promised. Yuki whirled his head to look at the larger brother, jaw tightening. He trusted Sin, but the what if of it all left him almost delirious. He pressed his weight against Ixen, unable to properly respond to his mate currently. Sin scooped the BCR up, placing it around his paw before he stepped backwards from the two, obscuring the view of the BCR from Yuki behind his other leg.

"I think you two have enough to talk about, I'm going to hunt." With that, the dark fox began to pad away from the two, leaving a bewildered Yuki to stare at Ixen in silent shock.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:06 pm
wc 209

As usual it was as though Sin could read his mind. He had said nothing aloud about traps, though he supposed that was a given. Yes they really did have more than enough to talk about. Ixen didn’t even bother suggesting holding onto the BCR for its safty while Sin hunted. He was far more concerned with Yuki and the sooner the BCR was gone the sooner his mate could think and Ixen could start preparing defenses for his beloved. “Yuki I am no mind reader. Please take a deep breath and tell me what you are feeling.” Holding his mate’s weigh he shifted so he could wrap a paw around Yuki and keep his mate close to him. Taking a breath himself he lost himself for a moment in Yuki’s soft scent. He wanted to hear everything Yuki had to say and he was trying to keep an open mind after all how he thought was not how Yuki might see things. It was important to be flexible and ready for change. “From the beginning Yuki. I know it’s hard and confusing but do what you can. We will fill things in as we go on how to deal with it all. I won’t let anything hurt you.”  

Reoakee
Crew

Beloved Lunatic

19,875 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

NymiiNym
Crew

Shy Wife

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:15 pm
Yuki watched Sin's shadows live, mouth parted in horror, purposefully avoiding looking at the BCR. His head snapped towards Ixen's when the male spoke, haze fading from his eyes as he tried to focus. He shook his head at first, dismissing the idea of trying to explain the jumble in his head. Unfortunately, his mouth had another idea.

"It's just," He began, pausing for a moment to mentally curse his lips. "I don't understand. Shai's.... he's.... he's the reason for everything." The back of his brain gently chastised him, but he ignored it. Realistically, Shai had just been a child, too. He hadn't asked for their father to love him and disregard the others. He hadn't wanted it, but that didn't matter. Sin and Yuki had lived their entire lives with that hurt; logic wasn't going to bury it.

"The reason our father abused us. The reason Sin chose his name. The reason we grew up afraid. It's Shai's fault. Why would he bring his child here? You saw those markings. Those are his markings; their going to be just like their father. I know it." His last words with whispered, ears flattening against his head.

"Everything we love is going to be ruined by that child."

Reoakee

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:10 pm
Nymphiea

Wc 238
Ixen waited until his mate was finished with his rant. So it was more or less what he feared. “Yuki are any of our children like us? Goodness knows Yavie is very different from us. Itov is strangely silent and Kit is also her own fox. Children are not their parents. Even if they have our markings they are not us. We are however affected by how we are raised. Our children were raised with love so they ended up as they are. This child if raised with malice and hate toward it will grow up paranoid and hurt. This will lead to the kind of pain you felt Yuki. Would cast that on a child that has done nothing yet?” Ixen looked to Yuki with compassion in his eyes. “if it shows signs of ending up as Shai we can stop it early and remind it to look at perspectives other then it’s own. More over if it was the ruination of everything then it would mean you leaving me. As long as I have you then nothing is ruined.” For a fleeting moment he considered offering to leave the lands they lived in for now until Yuki saw they were not on fire or had not imploded with the BCR being here. Still that was silly he knew, Yuki would never go for it. How could he protect his beloved from the shadows in Yuki’s mind?  

Reoakee
Crew

Beloved Lunatic

19,875 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

NymiiNym
Crew

Shy Wife

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:14 pm
Yuki listened as best as he could, eyes locked on Ixen as he bit back the urge to just get up and leave. He knew a part of what Ixen was saying was true. Even their newest litter didn't seem to take after them too much, other than appearance. Really, the only child he could think resembled either of them in personality the most was Kyo, who took after Ixen. That was one out of two litters. One.

His eyes turned to look at where Sin had once been, swallowing against his anxiety. If anything, the child would take after Sin if it was going to impress from anyone. They'd perhaps be as blood thirsty, but Sin was loyal to his family of choice. Incredibly so. Could you nurture the child of someone else to behave like their adopted family? Even then, Yuki, Sin, and Shai were all related, even if Shai and Sin were his half-brothers. They shared blood. The child had a bit of Yuki in him somewhere... probably.

Could they nurture the child to fit into their group? Was he willing to try? His head turned to Ixen, ears flicking back. He didn't want to admit Ixen was right. He was sure Ixen didn't need him to say it, either.

"What if Shai comes here?" He finally spoke, a nervous tremble in his throat.

Reoakee

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:32 pm
Nymphiea

Wc 286
Ixen took the silence about discarding or otherwise getting rid of the child to mean his mate would at least contemplate his words. That was fine. He didn’t want to make Yuki suffer. He just wanted him to think things over from another perspective. That was enough for now. It should make Yuki set aside that instant overwhelming fear and help him think his way out of things. Ixen wanted to smile. His beloved mate was so smart, Yuki just didn’t realize it. Then Yuki mentioned the next hurtle. “That’s up to you Yuki. Here we can set up traps and defenses. Here we have back up of the family to help us. We can drive Shai away or dispose of him for good if that is what Sin desires. Still if you said that it was too much for you or that you could not stand this then I would leave with you. I don’t know where we could go. If you want we could go to stay with our children in Eiru or Yasashii. I am your mate. I protect you and love you. If you told me that this was to great a trial I would track down Sin right now and tell him we will be leaving.” Ixen doubted Yuki would wan to do that. In fact he was certain Yuki would be dead set against it. But given he had such a fear of Shai perhaps it might be easier for him to do for a short time. When Yuki was ready he would of course come back. After all Yuki could never and would never abandon Sin. Go on a short vacation to gather himself certainly, but never abandon him.  

Reoakee
Crew

Beloved Lunatic

19,875 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

NymiiNym
Crew

Shy Wife

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:17 am
Dispose of him for good. Yuki had never been the violent one. He loved a monster, he knew that. Sin was a demon inside a foxes body, but his love was intoxicating. Sin made Yuki feel safe. Feel accepted. He'd follow Sin to the ends of the earth. Sin was the reason he had a mate. The reason he had children. Sin was his world, and Yuki acknowledged his world revolved around a monster.

So why did that sentence feel so satisfying? Because the idea of eliminating the boogie man in his life was almost enough to make Yuki smile? Shai stood for the past; for the time he had been beaten down into a faint memory of who he was. Shai was a reminder. A cause. To eliminate that meant saying goodbye to what kept Yuki awake at night.

And Ixen was right; Eiru and Yasashii was also a safe haven. Kithara didn't know Shai, but she would always protect her parents. Yuki looked up at Ixen, face blank as he considered it all. Ixen wouldn't let him down, either. Ixen was his other half; his protector. Yuki was safe between the comfort of his brother and his mate.

Sin and Ixen would never let him suffer.

"Okay," Yuki relented softly, gently pressing his forehead onto Ixen's shoulder, seeking comfort.

Reoakee

● RP Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces