Reply [IC] Te'a-Nakhun Lands
[LOG][PRP] Taking a Dip [Kaki'sejuk x Hadia]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

- Mynsed -

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:00 pm
Kaki had followed the Adhi'raj once he had been freed from the life of slavery. He had been born a slave, his mother and father a slave before him. And he didn't quite fancy the slave life. A quick tongue and sharp wit had him sprawled on the ground many times. Chores were often doubled and tripled to where a normal workload seemed like a treat. But he couldn't help his jests.

And now he was free. Free from that life. And he owed it to the Te'a-Nakhun. Sure, he didn't get the women sovereignty but he wasn't against it. His position in the lower caste was a sure improvement from his life from before. Now, all he had to do was avoid those who were involved with the rescue of the slaves. Kaki'sejuk was eternally grateful... but he didn't want his past spread about or even known. Since the latter couldn't happen, best to avoid.

Singing jauntily, he shook out his fur after his swim, chuckling to himself over his thoughts. Yes, it was an easier life now. Females were trouble but he could give a quick witty comment and be merrily on his way. Simplicity was his friend. He laughed again, singing a bit louder.

The pink female was sprawled in the sun, perched on a rock. She enjoyed the quietness the lands brought now that they seemed to be flourishing a bit. Hadia was happy to have found the lands, and content on the life she had now lived.

She sighed in content, closing her eyes to take an afternoon nap. The warming sun against her fur was the best time to sleep, she had thought. The sound of a splash roused her attention, followed by laughter and song. An eyebrow quirked. So much for a quiet afternoon nap.

Hadia rose to her feet, ears perked forward listening for the sounds of laughter. She followed her ears until she spotted the sopping wet wild dog before her. An amused look graced her face before she cleared her throat "ahem

"You look to be having a good time."

- Mynsed -

- Mynsed -

Kaki jumped, wet hair standing on end at the sound of a cleared throat. Followed by a very feminine voice. Whipping around, water droplets spraying in an arch with the motion, he stared dumb founded. He thought he had gone far enough away to enjoy a private bath. Obviously he didn't. And now he was standing there like an idiot, dripping wet, mouth hanging slack in shock.

Quickly, he gained his senses and snapped his jaw shut, putting on a wide smile. "Good day, m'lady. I hope I haven't disturbed you?" he jovially greeted, ducking his head. "I didn't expect anyone to be around but, well. Yes. I hope my noises haven't offended you, m'lady," Kaki shook again, attempting to dry off a bit more. He really needed to find a hot stone and roast himself dry under the unforgiving sun.

Hadia sat at the shore of the water, her front legs crossing over one another as she quirked an eyebrow.

She shrugged. He had disturbed her nap, but she really shouldn't have been napping to begin with. She should have been out at least gathering items for the pride. "It's fine," she stated. "No offense taken." She offered to him. "With these heat, a swim is probably needed just to cool off." As she said this, her paw dipped into the cool liquid. The sun had heated it, but it wasn't unbearable to the touch.

"I don't think I've seen you around the island before." While Parastars normally were separated from the females to begin with, Hadia liked to know who they were, especially if there were other wild dogs roaming about. "What's your name?"

- Mynsed -

- Mynsed -

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:01 pm
Kaki smiled politely, nodding along. "As you say, mi'lady," he murmured in agreement. No need to tell her that swimming hadn't been top of his priority as a slave and that he now took the chance whenever he could. He eyed her foot dipping into the water. "Would that really be enough to cool offer?" he wondered skeptically before bowing his head again. "I don't mean to sound doubtful." Even though he was doubtful. He turned tail, ready to get out of view. He really did not like being around females too long. They made him feel jumpy and quite frankly, like a fool.

However, she wasn't done with him. Gritting his teeth back into a smile, he turned around. "I am new, mi'lady. I came with... Nakhun, I believe she is called," he explained. No need to tell her where he came from. That didn't matter now, apparently. He shuffled from foot to foot, rather uncertain.

Hadiya's nose twitched each time the male had called her mi'lady. It was rather unnerving for her. Maybe it was to be expected of parastars? To use such formalities on females? She shrugged again, not letting it bother her at the moment.

"Probably not" she started, shaking her head. She wasn't one to go swimming with a male nearby anyways. If she was in the company of a female, it would be a different story.

The large pink canine rose to her feet. "That would explain why I haven't seen you then," her tongue clicked before rolling over her teeth, licking her lips. "Can't say I have heard of a 'Nakhun' though, although our pride," pack? for wild dogs sake? "is called Te'a-Nakhun." Maybe the male was confused. "Call me Hadiya." Maybe the introduction would make this meeting a little less...formal? "Instead of the mi'lady."

- Mynsed -

- Mynsed -

He blinked. She didn't know of Nakhun? The one who rescued the slaves? Not that he cared. He didn't bother explaining. One thing could lead to another and his past as a slave could be realized. And he did not want that. "Yes, that. A lovely place, this... society," In truth, he didn't know what he should call this place. For now, a safe haven. Maybe a home? He wasn't sure what to think. Everything was still too new to him, still... unreal. He kept expecting to wake up.

So, she wanted to talk. He swallowed his sigh and sat, inclining his head. "Lovely name, Mi-... Ms. Hadiya," he tried the name awkwardly. He tilted his head slightly to the side, unsure. "My name is Kaki'sejuk, though just Kaki will be fine."

Hadiya's ears perked forward, her tail wagging just the slightest at the introduction. She couldn't help but flash a toothy smile, as the male almost called her by the formalities. Kaki. She'd remember that name. Not many wild dog males were on the island right now, so it wasn't something she'd easily forget.

"Kaki it is then." The pink dog said with a smile. She looked around for a moment before turnign her attention back to the male. He didn't seem as if he wanted to talk, and Hadiya did not want make the male uncomfortable.

"Well, I don't want to intrude any longer." The female said. "Maybe I'll see you around?" She likely would.

- Mynsed -

- Mynsed -

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:02 pm
Kaki gave a strained smile, inclining his head graciously. Maybe she'll see him around? Not likely. He would definitely pick another spot to splash about. She wasn't... rude, unsightly, or unpleasant. He was just uncomfortable. More so than usual. Perhaps because she was expecting him to speak to her as an equal? It was altogether odd. Sure, he was technically an equal in this society, but no one had pressed for him to act it.

"You aren't intruding," he replied breezily, nodding. "Maybe. If we do, I might have to tell you a joke," he jested uneasily. He liked jokes. And liked telling them. He didn't mean to say that but it had just slipped out. Oh well.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:02 pm
Hadi smiled to the male.

"I look forward to that, Kaki." She'd seek out the male again in the future and hold him to the words. Next time though, she'd make sure she wouldn't approach him during his swim or bath. (That could be uncomfortable to anyone).

"Until then," Hadi gave a small wave to the male, before turning away, bouncing off through the underbrush. The pink could still be in the forest for a moment longer before it too was out of sight.
[quote="KasaiLoki]FIN!

- Mynsed -

[IC] Te'a-Nakhun Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces