Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Prayer Requests
Demonic attacks

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:01 pm
A couple of nights back me and my wife had similar "dreams". She had a "dream" that there was a dark misty demon in the room and that he wanted bad things for her. She managed to fight it off by calling on Jesus.This happened around 2. am. I was sleeping upstairs with the dog. He often sleeps on my blanket. Around 4.am I had a similar experience only that this things was attempting to possess me. I have been feeling bitter about having to labor so much lately (I have been feeling overwhelmed, angry and exhausted) and I think that the demon sensed this as an opening to attack. Roots of bitterness (Hebrews 12:15). The week before this was pretty hectic for me. I worked the weekend and came home to a sick wife who had a almost 40 degrees Celsius (104 Fahrenheit according to google) fever. We used our last money to go to the doctors office since she was feeling so bad that I was worried she would die. It was a upper urinary infection according to the doctor. He gave her a medicine she reacted badly to, where she threw up and could not eat or drink anything. Then I managed to make him prescribe a new one specifying 3 times that she is allergic to penicillin. He prescribed penicillin. Had she not researched the medicine she would have died. We live in the sticks where it takes the ambulance quite some time to reach us, and it is likely she would not have made it since she reacts very badly to penicillin. My tax card was also wrong this month - so I ended up having to pay a 50 percent tax (we have individualized taxes in Norway based on income and debt), making it so that we had no money for food. This all happened before the attack. Doesn't it seem too much bad stuff to just be a coincidence that this happened right before the attack? But back to what was happening that night; I spent a few hours battling this thing, at first I was battling in my sleep, and it was not so easy because I wasn't really awake and aware but I managed to call on Christ to help me. Then I woke up drenched in sweat and continue to pray. The dog even reacted to what was happening. It was as if he could sense the presence in the room. He looked around terrified, and came and laid on my chest.

After a while I went down and had a nice conversation with my wife. That is how I found out that she had had a similar experience. We talked about the Power of the Holy Spirit versus the power of evil spirits and so on for about two hours.

I think the object of the demon was to make me think that I am in danger of being possessed, and that demons have that kind of power over Christians. It was there to make me doubt myself. To make me scared. It is something I have argued with a relative about earlier. He has accused me of being possessed because I don't attend the meeting he goes to.

Prayer is much appreciated both for me and my wife, add the dogs too.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:32 am
I will certainly pray.
Demons definitely like to cause fear and doubt.  

SolaceSerenitySerendipity

Gracious Flatterer

6,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Flatterer 200

OtakuKat

Moonlight Healer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:15 pm
I will keep you and your wife in my prayers. I hope she feels better soon.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:31 pm
I prayed for you remember to stand on God's word and to put on your spiritual armor everyday! And to obey God's laws so that the enemy will not have any open doors into your life . Be blessed  

crystalpraise

Lavish Hourglass

11,525 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

cristobela
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:35 pm
idea After the fact, I feel like at least one aspect of this is undoubtedly rebuke from YHWH, like God saying, "how would you like it if someone gave your sick wife something that made her sicker, but he was giving it to her as the solution/cure? even after you outright told the doctor/caretaker three times that it would make her sick, so don't give it to her? Likewise, if Jesus tells you not to feed His weak wife the yeast of the Pharisees three times (Matthew 16:12; Mark 8:15; Luke 12:1), then don't give her the yeast of the Pharisees as a solution. You'll just make her sicker/weaker, not bring her to sound health/sound doctrine/strength.

• Yeasts are eukaryotic, single-celled microorganisms classified as members of the fungus kingdom. [...] They are estimated to constitute 1% of all described fungal species.[4]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yeast

• Penicillin was discovered in 1928 by Scottish scientist Alexander Fleming.[3] People began using it to treat infections in 1942.[4] There are several enhanced penicillin families which are effective against additional bacteria; these include the antistaphylococcal penicillins, aminopenicillins and the antipseudomonal penicillins. They are derived from Penicillium fungi.[5]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penicillin

That doctor gave your wife the unwanted-P fungus (pencillin), even after your saying no three times, just like you gave Jesus' wife the unwanted-P fungus (Pharisaical leaven), even after He said no three times.

• Matthew 16:12 (NIV)

12 Then they understood that he was not telling them to guard against the yeast used in bread, but against the teaching of the Pharisees and Sadducees.

• Mark 8:15 (NIV)

15 “Be careful,” Jesus warned them. “Watch out for the yeast of the Pharisees and that of Herod.”

• Luke 12:1 (NIV)

12 Meanwhile, when a crowd of many thousands had gathered, so that they were trampling on one another, Jesus began to speak first to his disciples, saying: “Be[a] on your guard against the yeast of the Pharisees, which is hypocrisy.

Footnotes:

a. Luke 12:1 Or speak to his disciples, saying: “First of all, be

This crossed my mind today as I was meditating over my daily chapter, specifically verse 7:

• 1 Peter 3:7 (NIV)

7 Husbands, in the same way be considerate as you live with your wives, and treat them with respect as the weaker partner and as heirs with you of the gracious gift of life, so that nothing will hinder your prayers.

If the husband (the head) is not considerate of his wife (the body), then God (The Head) won't be considerate of you (The Body), what you want, your prayers answered/considered. God reflects back to us, and manifests in our relationships, how we relate to others and to Him.

Likewise, if you won't protect His Body/His Wife despite you being able to, then He won't protect your body/your wife despite Him being able to.

• Exodus 22:22-24 (NIV)

22 “Do not take advantage of the widow or the fatherless. 23 If you do and they cry out to me, I will certainly hear their cry. 24 My anger will be aroused, and I will kill you with the sword; your wives will become widows and your children fatherless.

I've witnessed this kind/type of rebuke from YHWH enough times to recognize it, both in myself and in my relatives. He makes you see how you're making Him feel with respect to what is His, by doing the same thing to what is yours (like you're doing / or did to Him and His).

I'm not sure about the rest (though perhaps, if you won't give the actual, pure, living Bread to His Wife, why should He give your wife any bread?), but even if it is demonic, it's with YHWH's permission. He is sovereign. YHWH has been known to send demons: whether, [like I told you before], to keep you humble (like sending a messenger of Satan after obedient Paul to keep him humble under God and not become puffed up after receiving visions and revelations) or whether to rebuke you for having rejected His Word, thus for disobedience, fearing man over fearing God (thus, the other Saul of former times, King Saul—though both are from the tribe of Benjamin).

If you're acting like the other Saul this time—King Saul as oppose to Saul of Tarsus [Paul]—(which I see [evidence] of this time around), acknowledge it, confess it, repent from doing so.

• 1 Samuel 15:26 (NIV)

26 But Samuel said to him, “I will not go back with you. You have rejected the word of the Lord, and the Lord has rejected you as king over Israel!”

• 1 Samuel 16:14 (NIV)

14 Now the Spirit of the Lord had departed from Saul, and an evil[a] spirit from the Lord tormented him.

Footnotes:

a. 1 Samuel 16:14 Or and a harmful; similarly in verses 15, 16 and 23

God revealed something to Saul, and instead of establishing that, fully, as the Word of God said, Saul went "halfsies". Half-obedience is also half-disobedience. That's unacceptable, especially after knowing better, and it invites demonic rebuke (all the more if you're a leader of His Body). So, Saul got handed over to an evil spirit. If YHWH tells you to eliminate something completely, you do not spare some because, "useful". No, eliminate it completely, don't resort to it nor let others under you resort to it. Fear/revere the flawless Word of YHWH, not man.

[For full context: 1 Samuel 15-16]

I'm sure that if an evil spirit is a demon, and another name for them is "unclean spirits", they may bring all kinds of unclean attitudes along with them or try to tempt you into them (bitterness, etc). But unlike last time, you acted like King Saul as of late. So, I don't think you're a blameless apostle Paul this time.

Prayer Requests

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games