Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply News with a Christian perspective
Netherlands Euthanizes 29-Y-O Mentally Ill Woman

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:41 am
Bioethicists Ask 'Where Does This End?'
By Brandon Showalter , CP Reporter | Feb 1, 2018 5:49 PM

The Netherlands has euthanized a 29-year-old woman who was not diagnosed with a physical disease but was suffering psychologically, an example of the growing allowances for what is being called "dignified death."

Read more: link  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:47 pm
"Assisted suicide"? That's called murder.  

OtakuKat

Moonlight Healer

Silvyee

Excitable Strawberry

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:29 am
I had a little time to browse today so I went and looked at the victim's Twitter, and it is full of retweets from there groups lobbying for Euthanasia for the mentally ill. Who are these people driving this movement and exploiting these people?

Under the usual "Dignity in Death" header it is usually stressed that they are "mentally competent adults" which most definitely does not include the mentally ill.

Not living the Netherlands I did not follow this in the News at all. I have no idea who this Johan Huisman who was the main Psychiatrist pushing for the legislation that allowed it, is. Why does he want this and what belief system does he have?

What would make a mentally ill person want to die instead of getting treatment? Is it comparing ones own life to others' lives? This in itself is unhealthy and is something that God does not want us to do. (Galatians 6:4-6).

Looking at some of these groups they are full of the weirdest of all takes. Like this:

Quote:
"The 9/11 ‘jumpers’ were facing imminent death. It was not their choice to die, but there was nothing that could be done to help them survive. I believe we need to recognise terminally ill people who wish to pursue euthanasia in the same way."

https://twitter.com/dignityindying/status/971492191137927173

This kind of writing is so manipulative and has nothing to with ethics. I see the highest rated comment in the linked NZ article referencing 9/11 is by someone who is "sick of religious bullies". What exactly is being bullied? You don't get what you want right now? People have many self destructive habits and ideas, what's so different about this one?

But back to the mentally ill, here's a quote about the victim in the article:

Quote:
The quality of a life cannot be measured objectively.You can recognize the intolerableness and hopelessness

https://twitter.com/oosterhoff2/status/961140426295140353

Which is how you recognize she needed treatment, not that she deserves death.

The whole thing is so bizarre. I don't really want to make a political statement here, but because it is tied up with legislation, I will say it's like how people want libertarian lawmaking (legalization of weed, etc) but they don't understand that what that means is a kind of anarchy.  
News with a Christian perspective

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games