[PRP - PLOT?] Rise and shine (Ros, DYB, & Menolly) -FIN

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Elros Namasi

Dedicated Noob

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:47 am
User ImageDo Your Best woke up slowly, seated in a strange room. With a lazy stretch and a huge yawn, the angel reached up to knuckle one eye as he took a look around. At first, things were fuzzy. There was light but it seemed muted, like it was diffused through gauzy curtains, and the silence, while serene, was oppressive to his pointed ears. Moving his hand from his eye to his nose, he plugged it and blew, popping his ears. It helped a little but it was still quiet.

As things started to come clearer into focus, he noticed that he was surrounded by pae, some with wings like his and halos, but all of them were unnaturally still. Intrigued, he wobbled to his feet, throwing his hands out to either side for balance and, once settled, he tottered toward the nearest pae, arm outstretched to touch them. Just before he connected, he found himself being scooped up in a pair of multi-colored arms he recognized.

User Image”What’re you doing, DYB?”

”’Ozlyn! Look, dey f’ozen!”

Fozen? Roslyn thought, groggy like she’d had far too much sleep. Settling the child-pae on her hip, she did, indeed, look. All around them were rows upon rows of pae statues. Unsettled, she unconsciously wrapped her arms around DYB and tightened her hold.

”Ya squishin’ me!”

”S-sorry, Bestie. You’re just so cute I had to squeeze you,” she covered quickly, loosening her grip a little and tamping down a rising sense of panic and confusion. “Is.. Is there anypae here?” she asked the room in general, raising her voice some so it could carry. Not that she really needed to; statues couldn't move or breathe and so, without any other sounds to compete with, her voice echoed weirdly, making her cringe.

EvilSilverDragon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:58 pm
User Image Descending from stairs within the Chapel of Light. In her arms a basket full of goodies and tools of her own. Ever since she awaken here there was a pull or a kinship. Here after her prayers and duties above, she joined him to honor those that were Lost.

Her steps were silent as she entered the hallowed place, her free hand clutched against her heart as she moved. It was torture being away from Raken but a sacrifice for the guardians well placed. Anything They asked of her or for them of her own accord was well worth it.

Reaching the single chair, its sorrow-filled occupant still for the moment, she took out the plate of foods she always brought him. It didn't matter if he ate them, or needed them. It was her offering to him for the work he had done. This time she placed an extra gift, a little stuffed alpaca from the many sent to her. Maybe that would help with the loneliness.

From there she started towards the statues to clean them down so when they did wake, for they certainly would, they would be clean. Only, a sound made her drop her basket with a start. Running full speed on silent feet, the angel rounded a statue and came face to face with two of her own kind. Eyes wide for a moment, her open mouth turned into a huge smile.

Jumping up and down on the balls of her feet she called out with joy, "Good morning! Oh I am so glad you are awake!!" Opening her arms, the angel was barely restrained form pulling them both into an instant hug. Praise the Guardians two more woke form their slumbers.

Elros Namasi

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

Elros Namasi

Dedicated Noob

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:26 pm
"Mo'ning!" DYB called back, instantly won over by the newcomer's enthusiasm in the way that only children unaffected by shyness can. Shimmying out of Ros' arms, he half toddled and half fluttered in for the hug that she was so clearly offering.

Roslyn jumped at the sudden greeting, caught so unprepared for it that she didn't even try to keep ahold of DYB as he slithered out of her grasp. "Easy does it, Bestie," she chided gently, if a little belatedly, and moved up behind her little charge, feeling somewhat awkward now on top of confused.

Awkwardness aside, though, she had a lot of questions welling up and finally blurted, "Who are you? And where are we?" Pausing for a moment to analyze what the new angel had said before, she added, "What do you mean awake? Wait, that sounded weird.. I know what awake means but.. What's going on?" Exasperated with herself and her rambling, she trailed to a stop and looked on somewhat helplessly. While she might be feeling overwhelmed, bombarding the only paeson that wasn't a statue seemed like a step backward.

EvilSilverDragon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:44 pm
Arms eagerly warped up the adorable little green child. "You are the cutest ever!" Were all children this sweet? Only looking away from the little one long enough to catch what Roslyn said about the child's name, "Bestie? Oh that fits you like a glove! Best hugger!" Small squee in her voice echoed more then she'd have liked. Who could help being expected with such an amazing huggable child?

Between making faces to try and amuse the child, Menolly was paying some attention to the other angel. Not dropping the utter excitement probably didn't display that well. Wrinkling her nose to make another attempt at a funny expression she finally really looked up then around at all the statues. "This is the Hall of the Lost. Each statue is a pae just as you were one of these. I don't know why pae go dormant like this, but their souls are kept safe in the Guardian's embrace until they are ready to come back." Wigging her top half side to side with she added, "Its amazing to see two of you back with us! Praise the guardians!" With all the choas of the world this place kept them safe.

They could not lead the lives they do if it wasn't for the grace of the Guardians who brought them into this world.

Elros Namasi
tag!

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

Elros Namasi

Dedicated Noob

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:26 pm
"Naw, 'm not da bestes hugga," he hedged then, squealing with glee, DYB happily mimicked the faces this wonderful lady pulled at him. Being a receptive little mite, though, he felt the mood in the room shift and decided that now was the time for the grown-ups to do some talking. Breaking off with a little wave and a smile, he sidled up to Ros' side and reached for her hand as the other angel turned to look around. The silliness could continue later; right now he knew that his mum looked like she needed some comfort.

The Guardians? Ros thought, vaguely recalling. Hadn't she told someone once that they were like leaders? Not trusting her memory, as it was far too fuzzy for her liking at the moment, she shook off the thought and tried to focus, accepting DYB's little hand and giving it a light squeeze. 'Hall of the Lost' was a new one on her but, getting to the meat of it, she understood at least one thing.

"So.. So, Do Your Best," she paused to gesture at the child pae with her free hand, "and I were... Dormant?" Blinking owlishly, she visibly struggled a bit with the concept. "And you don't know why some pae do this.. Does anypae know? Or.. Or is it just, like, a mystery?" The rainbow angel frowned ever so slightly then, as an afterthought, "My name's Roslyn, by the way. Ros for short.."

EvilSilverDragon
Such piety :3

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:33 pm
Taking the hint from the child, Menolly moved closer to Ros to allow them to connect easier. Stopping her faces, but still gently bouncing the boy in a way she'd seen children comforted before. No practice of her own, yet. Tilting her head to send golden locks spilling forward, the angel clearly thought hard about what the right answer to that question might be. Asking the Sculptor just seemed rude, something about him just told her not to try.

"I think," swallowing a few moments the thought continued, "I think it is done to protect the Guardian's Children. A lot has happened on the island, a storm for which we all needed shelter." Eyes lifted to the statues, gazing at as many faces as she could. Her father wasn't here, forever in the Guardian's embrace. Her mother and siblings were here, and a demon friend from a lifetime ago.

Taking a slow breath her eyes fell back on Ros knowing she had to want an explanation. "Once, when the whole Isle was floating and the HQ stood strong to offer anything we might need, there were only angels, demons and fae." Was Ros alive when that was still the world? Did her memory stretch back that far?

Risking the story, she continued, "The isle fell from the sky landing in a vast ocean. only the City still floats safe from the world below. Storms destroyed the HQ and now the world below is filled with other kinds of pae. Some are friendly, others are not. Here in the Hall of the Lost, the Guardian's children were sheltered safe from the changes until they were ready to awaken." For reasons only known to the Guardians, it was time for Ros and Best to wake up and see the world. More believers, hopefully. Here in this place, the majesty of those divine powers are on full display.

Elros Namasi

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

Elros Namasi

Dedicated Noob

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:28 pm
Ros listened attentively, nodding silently here and there. She had, in fact, been around when the isle fell and remembered meeting new pae that were both like and unlike them, but details still eluded her. She felt like she should remember more than just the bare minimum about such a momentous event but her thoughts were derailed when the other pae, whose name she still didn't know, dropped the bomb about the destruction of the HQ. Inside, she froze, missing the better part of whatever was said after. When the explanation was finished and the silence started to stretch thin, she exploded, "HQ was destroyed?!"

At Roslyn's shout, DYB transferred himself from one grown up to the other, monkey-gripping Ros' side and resting his head on her shoulder. "S'ok 'Ozlyn. Look, we ok. Godians cuddled us." Though just a child, he'd grasped most of what the nice lady had said. "I hadda nice nap. Dijoo?" he asked, hoping to distract from his mum's upset.

Still stunned, Ros at least had the presence of mind to wrap her arms around DYB and hug him to herself, resting her chin on top of his head. "Yes, Bestie, I slept well. And I'm sorry for yelling," she murmured and kissed DYB's temple, giving the other adult a rueful look. "But what," she swallowed, hard, and started again. "What will we do now?"

EvilSilverDragon
The feeeeeels

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:01 pm
Caught of guard by the shout, golden eyes widened as she stilled. The child's movement was enough to get her refocused. Lips turned downward, the angel allowed the child to easily go back to Ros before bringing her own arms to rest comfortably crossed in front of her. Head down and teeth worrying her lip, she told Ros, "Yes, gone in a storm. Nothing is provided on the island below anymore." The Guardians had been abandon by those below and thus those below were likewise abandoned.

It was a tragedy, down there was home for most of her life.

Near tears now, she gave a watery smile to the little boy, "He really is adorable." Quite possibly the sweetest little boy she'd ever seen. Would a child of hers be that sweet and huggy? Would they be tough and stoic?

Shelving those thoughts her attention went back to Ros with her question. Spreading her arms she made a gesture upwards, "You can stay in the City. Above you is the Chaple of Light were we feel closest to the guardians. This City was made for the faithful. The city has everything from a bath house, running water and a great Feast every Sunday!" Beaming with pride she bounced in place with such enthusiasm her ponytail just bounced against her back.

Still, she added, "If you wanted to go back down there, to see the island, you are able. I would recommend Kurt's Ranch." Her voice caught on the name but she tried to bite it away with a tiny pressure on her lip before continuing, "Ms. Zofie runs it, there are Alpaca and all sorts of animals. A lady there named Alma have children Bestie's size to play with and she builds homes if you needed somewhere to stay." All of the praise came from letters, it was a place she'd never been and might never actually go. Never without Raken. Not anymore. She'd been alone so long and so lost without another that a moment like that again was intolerable.

Elros Namasi

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

Elros Namasi

Dedicated Noob

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:38 pm
DYB heard her call him adorable and blushed, hiding his face against Ros' shoulder, overcome by the compliment. He still wasn't particularly shy but he'd picked up his adopted mother's tendency for humbleness from long exposure. Yawning a little now that Roslyn had calmed down some, he allowed himself to be lulled by the sound of their soft voices and drifted, slowly but surely becoming dead wait in the rainbow angel's arms.

"He truly is," she agreed, whispering, then fell silent once more as the other angel talked, watching her cycle through the emotions that she wore so openly. A bath house, running water, and Sunday feasts sounded lovely and, if Ros was honest, she was sorely tempted to take the offer and stay in the city, if for no other reason than to drive away some of the loneliness from this other angel's eyes. Yet, the talk of the Guardians made her unaccountably uncomfortable. For some reason, she had the feeling that, in her life before, the Guardians had been... closer, maybe? She wondered what had caused this sense of distance and reaching, but now wasn't the time or place to ask about it. Besides, the isle had been her home once and she longed to have that security again.

"I think," she said slowly, glancing down at the now softly snoring DYB. "I think that I'd like this ranch you mentioned and Bestie would, too. It'd be good for him to be around other children and he'd love to see the animals. But maybe.. maybe we could visit you sometimes? And I'd like to thank you, for being here when we really needed it most. So, thank you..." She paused, thinking, then laughed sheepishly. "I'm sorry. I don't think I ever caught your name.."

EvilSilverDragon
Tag, you're it n.n

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:50 pm
Watching the other, there were signs thrown off here and there. The Guardians would be good for Ros, amazing comfort in such a time. Sometimes when you need them isn't when you want them. Blessed are the Guardians' children for they so love them even in those times. She'd come around.

Nodding her head she agreed, "There aren't a lot of children his age to play with, not in one easy place. The landing pad is still there, if you take the path from the landing pad you'll walk right into the Ranch, there are stone and wood buildings." Zofie told her it wasn't possible to get lost when she encouraged her to visit. Badly she wanted to go, but could never leave without him. So, here she stayed and encouraged another. Zofie would be thrilled with the visitors.

Beaming brightly she replies, "I thank the Guardians I can be. I am glad to have been here." Her tone was softer, avoiding loud noses not wanting to wake the child sleeping so peacefully. Question of her name brought a sudden jolt slightly backwards rocking on her heels and giving her head a soft rap with her knuckles. That was just rude, Menolly! Trying to chuckle it away, she responded, "I'd love to have you visit! I can show you around more. My name is Menolly, sorry about that Ros." Taking just one step away, her foot turned to the door she added, "I can show you how to get out if here if you are ready to leave. If you know anyone here it can help to visit. I visit a friend from my past." And her mother and brothers, that seemed to sad a thing to mention.

Being here wasn't sad, it was safety until ready to awaken but it could sound sad to some so she spared the girl. Instead, she just smiled as all was right with the world. It would take a while to lose that feeling of holding a child in her arms, it woke something up in her now and all she could do was fold her arms relaxed and low. The image really was sweet.

Elros Namasi

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

Elros Namasi

Dedicated Noob

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:46 pm
Oh, well that was good news. At least they weren't likely to get lost, Ros thought, smiling because she lowered her voice out of consideration for DYB. After all was said and done, she found she liked Menolly and made a mental note to try and visit often. Bestie liked her a lot and she obviously enjoyed holding and playing with him. Roslyn nodded in response to the offer to be shown out and took a step forward but hesitated at the mention of visiting someone she knew. Did she know anyone here? Unsure, but thinking that anything was possible, she looked around at the other statues, searching for a spark of familiarity. Her eyes rested briefly on a male demon who appeared to be wearing a stylish, if a bit rumpled, suit and recognition flashed across her face. It was gone just as quickly as it came, though, and she huffed a sigh, frustrated with the blank spots in her memory.

"I thought... Oh, I don't know what I thought," she murmured, worrying her lip with her teeth before she forced her eyes back to Menolly's face and molded her expression into something she hoped didn't reflect how lost she still felt. Working up a faint smile, she nodded again for the other angel to proceed. "We should go now. Please show us the way out, Menolly. And thank you again."

EvilSilverDragon
Alrighty then. Feel free to post again if you have anything to add, but I do believe we're pretty much finished up here n.n

*announcer voice* The story of Roslyn and DYB will continue at Kurt's Ranch

:[ Telrunya City ]: ~ Order of the Light Base of Operations

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff