[PRP] Almost there.. [Shenrus, Th'res + Dragons]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:32 pm
Are you certain you want to try this? Tianath was borderline concerned, but only barely detectable. She hovered over the ocean; a warm, abandoned fishing dock off the coast--somewhere closer to Nerat than Benden. Warmer golden sand stretched out on the coast, with an old trail that eventually gave way to a weathered fishing dock that hadn’t seen any activity in a long time. Shenrus’ bags were taking shelter under a tree, to save them from the water. The sky was lovely, half cloud cover that if Tianath held still enough Shenrus could possibly miss her against the fluffy white rolls as they lazily passed by.

“If you disapprove or don’t want to, it’s perfectly alright, love.”

I disapprove of the grousing I will be hearing when we have to have sea water washed from your clothes.

Shenrus ruffled his hair back, grinning almost abashedly up at her. He was dressed in his looser clothes, without the padding or extra frills. Hell, he was dressed in his traveling clothes beneath. His hair was just loose and flowing, face unpainted in the trial run. “It’ll be good to see if they can handle a little spray--besides” His arm waved, letting the billowy fabric blow. “If it gets an excitement from the crowd and a few extra marks in our pockets, would it not be worth it to perform on more coastal areas?”

If by coastal you mean warmer, then perhaps. Yet while the doubt was thick, but the playfulness was stronger. On your mark? As her rider turned away and Shenrus’ hands went to his sides, Tianath dropped into a dive. His hands raised as she leveled with the ocean water, her body turning and dragging her wingtip into the water. Yet what started as a spray of seawater arching over her rider and his shout of excitement turned into a yelp as a splash followed, sending him onto his front. Tianath, with a cry, tried to turn to return to him--her momentum carrying over and sending her into the ocean with a tumble.

Shenrus groaned, turning over to stare up at the sky and rubbing his sore cheek and jaw. Slowly, he pulled himself to sit up as Tianath broke the water’s surface, her eyes a yellowing orange as she waded over to check on him. “Not the.. worst results for a first try. Are you alright, dear?”

I am fine. Are you hurt? She hauled herself onto the dock, inspecting him as soon as her four feet were planted.

“I’m fine, just a little sore, little wet.” A hand gently rubbed her nose affectionately. “Perhaps this isn’t the best idea.”

Oh no. There was a ferocity to her soft words that made Shenrus grin. We are getting this done.

That’s the spirit!”

Masterharper

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:38 am
Prism Shine
Sorry for super slow delay!

Th'res and Sozanth hadn't parted from their entertainment troupe, but they had taken a few days respite to recuperate from their latest invitation. They had been invited to stay three whole sevendays at Bitra, and while he always enjoyed putting on a show, even after a sevenday, Th'res found himself ready to part. While the circus troupe had received a generous crowd, the man wasn't keen on the Hold or its people. Part of the blue rider had to wonder if they'd even turn a profit with how marks simply seemed to slip away. The Hold touted brothels full of beautiful men and women, fine food, lots of gambling halls and various other entertainments. It was a crowded Hold, and even packed in during Threadfall, the people of Bitra seemed to know how to keep the crowds entertained.

Ah, but the money that came in from the crowds was better than some of the smaller Holds they stayed at; probably, Th'res reasoned, because half-those watching were already drunk by the midday meal! On the other hand, at Bitra, the troupe had to kick things up a notch to keep the crowds; even the children seemed jaded by the usual pizzazz and glitz and glitter. They wanted acts that really wowed, which meant upping their game. For Th'res, it meant pushing Sozanth and himself to the limit.

With the first sevenday finished, and two more ahead of them, they had a few days break to enjoy themselves, and rest up for the next week of performances. The blue rider had wasted no time packing up some of his gear, and taking Sozanth for a few days of rest, relaxation, and fun. He was still settling in with the new circus troupe, and honestly, wasn't sure whether this would be a permanent fit for him or not. There were benefits, of course, and he appreciated the regular work; but he knew he was still an outsider, still the new guy, and he hadn't yet looked to the troupe as his home.

It's a good day to be out. Sozanth commented as the pair flew wildly through the sky. The warmth of Nerat and its beaches and jungles had beckoned them; Threadfall wasn't due for another few days yet, which meant clear skies to play.

Sozanth flew high up, before arching into a graceful dive, folding his wings, and letting himself and his rider fall down, down, down. The blue twisted, wheeled, and banked, soaring back up on all that momentum, bugling loudly his glee and triumph. Th'res loved flying with Sozanth more than anything; though he regularly jumped from his dragon's back, his wings, his tail; though he dangled from the blue using ropes and tethers, and performed death defying feats with his blue, there was still something glorious about the literal highs and lows of flying uninhibited with Sozanth that he cherished above all their acts and entertainments. Th'res loved marks, but he loved Sozanth more.

The beach looks nice, doesn't it? Maybe time to park it and take a swim? He encouraged, staring down at the water, half-tempted just to dive in from his blue's back.

Sozanth trilled. I could dive us both in, you know. We used to have that diving act...

Ah yes. Don't wanna ruin lunch yet, baby blue. Better take us in to the beach first, but I promise, we can do some dives today.

Diving down from where they had soared, the blue broke through a cloud, aiming down in a dive toward what appeared to be a secluded beach. It was only when they got close enough for Sozanth to notice the presence of a white, that the blue pulled himself up, and turned his dive into a wide loop around the area instead. He bugled greeting to the white, even as he felt his riders surprise at the change.

We are not alone here. There's a white dragon below. Stay, or go?

. . . of all the beaches on Nerat to visit, he had to find himself with company today. See if we're welcome. He could easily fly to another beach, if this one preferred to stay alone. Sozanth, though, would be keen to meet another dragon; and already his flying had changed from fun, to flashy. He was showing off, hopeful that maybe the white pair below might oooh and aaah over the large blue's impressive display.

Th'res gave a snort. Show off.

Hardly. These moves aren't even my best. I'm just making an interesting entrance. To the white, Sozanth sent his cordial greeting. Greetings, stranger. Would Mine and I be interrupting anything if we came to settle near the beach? The water looks inviting, and the sands warm and welcoming. And a pair of eyes on him was just what Sozanth (and Th'res) wanted.

No competition from the rest of the troupe.

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 12:11 pm
Gently, wing sails stretch out wide. The white and grey wings slowly tested muscles and joints to see if her tumble into the water had injured her. Yet it seemed that she was in working order, and gave them a flap before slowly rising to sit up. I seem to be fine. Are you ready to-- Her words cut sharp as above them, the cloud layer burst and they were suddenly not alone. Tianath sat up straighter as Shenrus glanced up to see what had garnered her attention. A blue has found our little beach. There’s the barest hint of amusement in her tone. They had purposely sought out an abandoned beach to practice, and the odds that they would be found was amusingly low. But he was a rather big blue, she could see that from her spot on the ground. Nevertheless, she was not a rude lady, and bugled back a welcoming note.

Her gaze followed the blue’s flashy aerial antics, turning her head slightly to follow. At least, until Shenrus gently nudged her shoulder, wringing the slight water from his hair before tossing it back over his shoulder. “Hm, the odds, huh?” His gaze also followed the blue. His grace in the air was.. nothing short of impressive. It had been quite some time since they had run into another rider and dragon like this, and he could tell it was taking a bit of a toll on Tianath. No matter how much she protested, he knew she missed other dragons. A weight in his chest that settled, only elevated with how she would have fussed if she knew he knew. The lady did protest too much sometimes. “Well?”

They ask to come join us. It takes a moment before she’s able to tear her gaze away from the blue, glancing at her rider before glancing along the coast. There’s quite the expanse of beach, Shenrus.. It wouldn’t be the worst to offer to share, would it? After all, how could we be selfish and refuse to share?

“I suppose not, no.”

I am glad you agree. Plus, he is.. quite the adept flyer it seems. Perhaps he might be able to give me a tip on how to get that curve properly. She shifts, looking settled as they came to an agreement. Tianath turns to face the blue, sending her own cordial greeting in a light tone. My greetings to you, stranger. We would not mind at all, and there is certainly no shortage of coastline. We are merely working on aerial practice, though I am aiming for something simpler than your most wonderful display.

Uta
No worries <3

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 6:21 pm
Prism Shine
I promise Th'res will actually be sociable his next post.
LOL He's letting Sozanth do the talking right now I guess.

If Sozanth could have glowed with pleasure, he would have done so when Tianath finally responded. Instead, he made his pleasure known by one last impressive aerial display -- this time not at all hiding the fact he was showing off a few of his favorite moves for the spectators far below. Th'res happily went along with it. His beloved couldn't help but enjoy a pair of eyes on upon him, and Th'res would be lying if he claimed to disapprove. No, even though he was originally a bit disgruntled by having picked the one beach, out of countless others, that had visitors this day his blue certainly knew how to cheer him.

How kind of you, fair lady! How auspicious that we should meet! Sozanth replied with his usual charm. A barrel roll, and a steep dive brought the two substantially closer, before he pulled up to slow his speed. He let his momentum carry him into a happy loop around the white and rider, with another happy trumpet of greeting -- and to allow the white a fine look at such a large blue -- before he took himself to the sandier shore. Sozanth had wanted to dive well into the water, but Th'res had reminded him that not everything they had brought was waterproof.

So it was, the blue settled on the beach, albeit in a way that would show off his best assets. "You're tryin' too hard, 'zanth," Th'res snorted with a grin, even as he slide from his blue's shoulder, and began removing the blue's straps and gear. Who're they? He asked, not bothering to look at either the white or his rider while he worked.

Someone worth getting to know. The white says she had been practicing some aerial displays. Perhaps we are here to help? Sozanth mused, trying to hide his impatience in his rider's unpacking of their gear and straps. Well, there was no getting out of being a little social, and the short man knew he'd better at least be polite. Who knew who they were, or how news would travel? Did you introduce us yet?

Let us be strangers no more. I am Sozanth, and Mine is Th'res. Perhaps we might see you yet in the air and on wing this day? The blue asked with keen interest. Flight was something the blue loved. Once his straps were removed, the dragon turned fully around, so he might better face the white in the water. Still, he hesitated approaching, or bridging any distance between them -- she might not well wish for his company.

Th'res, for his part, let his dragon socialize. He settled his packs beneath the shade of a tree, and removed his jacket, goggles, and helmet, as well as his boots and socks. He'd be well soaked if Sozanth had his way -- so there went his shirt, as well.

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:26 pm
Uta
Nbd Shen just gonna jump into that "y hello thar" waters lol

His aerial displays had caught her eye already, but these ones had her head turning to keep up with the motions. After one particular curve, Tianath crooned in appreciation -- this stranger certainly had moves! Beside her, Shenrus chuckled as he watched more his darling be enthralled by such displays. It had been.. Quite a while since they had run into another dragon, having been living on the fringe coast -- and the happiness that bled through carefully through their bond was nothing short that would ever bring a smile to his face. Her happiness was his, and if he had to share the beach with another pair, well. He could do that.

Oh, your mastery of the air is nothing short of impressive, my handsome new acquaintance. A sweet trill of delight as his steep dive brought them closer, and Tianath was able to admire him from a closer range. Oh, how large he was! Especially with such acrobatic skills, it was highly commendable, most certainly. She watched the pair settle on the beach, his posturing not unnoticed by her. It was only Shenrus’ chuckle and his hand on her neck that brought her to look away. What?

I’m beginning to wonder if you really are a white, or a very pale green. Shenrus plucked the fabric from his skin, happy that it wasn’t fully sticking to him like a second skin. It wasn’t quite how he liked to make a first impression, but beggars couldn’t always be choosers.

I would not hesitate to push you into the water if we didn’t have company. Her words are sharp, but her tone is soft. She’s teasing, but Shenrus ran an apologetic hand over her shoulder anyway. He is handsome -- and an excellent flyer. Perhaps he may be able to show me how to get that turn better. Her rider paused, eyeing his scheming white for a moment. Oh, do not look at me like that. I can always be in good company and benefit from it as well. No shame, is there?

No, certainly not. The white rider shook his head, running his fingers through his locks so that they may dry a bit lighter, a bit fluffier -- and quicker. If it was a last minute preen before talking to someone (and another rider, at that), well, Tianath wouldn’t say anything.

The lady white turned her head back as she was spoken to, a sweet chirp at his introductions. How delightful to meet your acquaintance, Sozanth. I am Tianath, and Mine is Shenrus. I would be glad to join you in air, though you will have to forgive me if my aerial skills are not quite to par with your magnificent displays. She watches him, at the span of beach between them. Yet his tone makes her believe he might be one more for action over talk. Tianath’s legs tensed beneath her (the only warning Shenrus got to take a few steps back) before she launched herself into the air, wings carrying her up above the ocean once more. I don’t suppose I could get a closer view to some of your wonderful moves, could I? The invitation was light and gentle, and wouldn’t be too upset if he would rather decline.

Her rider watched as Tianath rose into the air, feeling the playfulness in her as she took to the skies. A motive or not, she was excited to be around dragonkin, and he could never deny his heart happiness. Yet Shenrus turned his attention towards the rider of the acrobatic blue--Sozanth.. Th’res. Yes, that was it. He strove forward a few paces, just barely getting his bare feet into the warm sand as he watched the other man settle himself in. Perhaps he should have a touch of privacy in not watching the other strip, but as soon as the shirt came off-- those thoughts immediately dashed. Oh, hello… “Hope you don’t mind a bit of company today. I certainly hope we didn’t stumble on some coveted hideaway of yours.”  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:09 pm
Prism Shine

Sozanth was absolutely thrilled as the white dragon took the skies. He waited just a moment, letting his blue-green eyes watch her move over the water and into the air, before he spread his own wings and took another leap. His rider would be just fine on the beach.

Though he was a very large blue, Sozanth was as agile as his smaller kin. Speed, daring maneuvers, and adrenaline rushes were what the dragon enjoyed. Though he was physically large, he had worked hard to keep up his agility and dexterity. There were some moves he could never get down like someone as small as the white in front of him could; but he had spent Turns coming up with more daring and death-defying moves. He would never risk his rider, but both dragon and rider also thought one another relatively invincible.

Tianath! As gorgeous a name for as gorgeous a dragon. No apologies are needed, lovely one. I have no doubt you could pull off any of my tricks with a little practice, and look even more prettier doing it. You'd be magnificent; a real showstopper. The blue dragon was being genuine in his praise. White dragons were always fetching, and always brought in extra marks. Additionally, their size meant they could pull off tricks he could only dream of; sometimes, Thr'es wondered if his blue wouldn't have been happier at half his size.

What might the lady like to see first? He happily twirled and spun around and near the white, attempting to bridge the distance, as well as to show off just a little. Everything Sozanth did had a little pizzazz; it was just as well he hadn't any interest in returning to a Weyr.

Th'res, for his part, had finally turned towards the other man, and was rather glad for it. He certainly could appreciate the look of the taller stranger, and had to fight to keep from looking him over. He wasn't exactly a flirt, but he also wasn't blind, either.

Covered with tattoos, some piercings, and a mess of black and blue dyed hair, Th'res certainly wasn't an inhibited Hold boy, either. He was a showman, and he did what he had to do to keep marks coming in. That meant keeping eyes on him... or at least on Sozanth. Still, he grinned an almost feral smile, and gave a shake of his head. "Don't mind one bit," he confessed. "Sozanth 'n I were just looking for some time away from the bigger Holds, and didn't expect to find anyone out this way. Far as I can tell, you were here first anyway, so I think we're the ones intruding."

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

[IC RP] Holds & Halls

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas