Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
[ORP] A Springtime Surprise! [Hatching!] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 46 47 48 49

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

stella cinere
Crew

Ice-Cold Codger

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:50 am
Cabhan - High Reaches Candidate

Disappointment and a flush of red from shame seeping up from his gut seemed to stretch on forever as he stood there. His toes started to dig more into the sand as if he was planted to the same spot. Both bronzes had managed to impress with other candidates much to his own annoyance and soon the rest of the eggs had hatched and made their way across the sands. It didn’t matter though, there were only two bronzes and neither were his and the thought of failing kept echoing through his head as he stood there as if dumbfounded by the result. If he had been a weaker man he would have thought about tossing himself into the ocean and not bothering going back empty handed, but instead he just waited.

As soon as it was over, as soon as everyone made their way back to the weyr he would just throw himself into work, the more Cabhan did the less he had to think about it. He would throw the gown back into the bag and shove it under the bed, pretend it wasn’t there until the next time a hatching started, the next time he had a chance to prove his worth to someone. Just had to work through the embarrassment, that was all.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:10 am
Midais - Western Candidate

“No not really, it’s entirely up to the dragonets.” Midais gave a shrug, so far none of the dragonets seemed even remotely interested in the two of them standing there and that remained the case until all of the eggs had hatched causing even more chaos among the sand. A gold dragon even came of the clutch which easily caught the hopes of every female candidate there, which mean Midais had no chance in the least. It didn’t take long for all of the lovely colors found who they belonged with leaving the two candidates still alone on the sands rather empty handed.

“Well looks like we are out of luck this time. Sorry you weren’t able to impress anything.” There was a sorrowful look for a moment on his face, it wasn’t as if it was over entirely just a longer wait for them. It only lasted a moment before he quickly covered over with an encouraging smile, something to at least reassure the other candidate. “On the brightside we get to have a party right, and we might be lucky next time something even more amazing.”

baby-gwing

stella cinere
Crew

Ice-Cold Codger

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:11 am
The last little green Impressed at last and Shar glanced towards the remains of the shells. There had been quite the variety in this hatching - a gold AND a white! - and no one had been seriously injured. She had heard horror stories from the last clutch at Western where a Candidate had died during the process and she was glad that hadn't happened here. Most of the dragons seemed mild-mannered, if a bit high maintenance, and she would take that any day over someone being maimed or killed.

"Well, that's that. Now you've been through one and you can get all those first time jitters out of your system," she said, turning to Riz. "It's not so bad, right? Let's get out of the sun before we're burnt to crisps. Even more than you already seem to be," she added, noticing the red flush over her friend's face.

Hattaki

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:43 am
Roana

From the moment that sweet golden girl had touched her, reassured her and comforted her. The feeling that she was not meant to impress a dragon on the beach far from home had been growing in the red head. The flutter of excitement and swell of hope was replaced with gentle acceptance of that fact with the impression of each of the dragons.

Somehow the gold had helped her with that.

Of course she had never really wanted a gold, she had struggled so much with the idea of being accepted by any dragon that a gold was still a world apart for her. A pipe dream. A Nice blue, that she could get behind. Just like Diesteth and the fierce little creature that killed the tunnel snake made her laugh and clap her hands in delight but alas, he turned aside for another.

As the day wondered on Roana started to feel the heat, even her tanned sun treated skin couldn't protect her forever and she let the end of her robe flop over her hand so that she could use it as a make shift fan.

She also gratefully accepted a glass of water while the resistant candidates waited on the last green. After even the late green somersaulted onto the sands to make her choice Roana sighed, twisted and stretched to a series of popping and cracking limbs, "Much better. Well Iathe, looks like this wasn't our day either." She admitted sadly to her high reaches friend.  

Sinders Path

Liberal Lover

Strickenized

Garbage Cat

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:44 am
Valineaux

Valineaux gave her friend's shoulder a hearty shake, the smile stubbornly etched into her features. "You got no idea, sweetheart," he smuttered through gritted teeth, "because I'm Threadbait for sure now."

You're threadbait? Way to have a little faith, Mine! You've got the best green to give you a wing, and this is how you thank me? Zhuchath angled her head cockily and swished her tail about. Her head tilted this way and that, ghosting conversational gestures, before she turned her attention wholesale toward the assembled feeding stand. I'd show you how wrong you were, but I'm starved! Let's cut the sitting around gig and get something to eat!

Valineaux responded with a roll of her eyes. "Looks like I'm already in for it, Dorame! You should score yourself one of these overgrown lizards while I get Zhuchath here — oh. Oh. Oh s**t!"

In ambled another one of those leathery friends, this one a surprisingly large blue when compared to her tiny green. He walked suredly, as if he already knew what he wanted, and the way he just butted straight on in to encompass Dorame began to push Valineaux out of the way. "Hey, watch it!" But her objection lacked any venom; surprise and giddy encouragement welled up in her as she saw her best friend in High Reaches get chosen by a dragon all on her own. Both of them, right then, right there, had a dragonet to call theirs!

"Looks like we're gonna be Threadbait together, Dorame. Pretty messed up, huh? I think mine's gonna explode if I put 'er off any longer. Come on, let's ditch this kid and take care of our dragons." Valineaux reached for Dorame's elbow.

z o m b i k iiiiiiiiiiiii
sorry, had an essay to write <3

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:32 pm
Elyk - High Reaches Candidate

Looks like the hatching was over then. Ah well. There were candidates who didn't impress the first time. "It's ok. It's not your fault and I'm sorry that you didn't impress any of them too." And there were some who didn't impress ever.

Elyk gave a wry smile and a shrug, his eyes making contact with Midais' briefly before he had to quickly look away to avoid any awkwardness that might follow at the increasing sadness and disappointment that were threatening to overwhelm him at any moment. "Yeah. At least we'll finally be allowed to change into something else more comfortable for the evening party." He really should go. Somewhere quiet and far away from all the merry making should be good for him to regain his composure and recollect his thoughts.

"Guess I'll see you later then. Good luck with your next hatching."

stella cinere

baby_gwing

Fanatical Raider

[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 46 47 48 49

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items