Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:35 pm
[They've mentioned there may not be Feast ORPs so I'm just...running off of that, lmao]

So many new children underfoot! Aurinkoth had become fascinated by the newborns - home freshly for a week - chirping and chirring at the new faces. It had been nearly impossible to focus him all morning between lessons. Especially when he was being left mostly unengaged during lessons of the physical sort for riders - basic dueling (Ichta had discovered she had a hand for handling a sword), and defense (but not so much her fists). She'd landed on her back multiple times, and while she was good at following steps and remembering them, there was a lot of practice that she...did far less better at.

But a break so V'mel could tend to the new children with his assistants in tow - likely as fun as their first day had been - meant Ichta could rest. She'd gone down to the lower Weyr to retrieve fresh bedding - something Aurinkoth had whined that the Drudges were for ("Just because they're there for it doesn't mean I can't do it myself, Aurinkoth" she reminded. If she'd had the time she would have washed them herself) - and upon her return to her own weyr had been bowled over with absolute affection from her bonded. She basked in it, sending back a wave of her own. Aurinkoth delighted in how good of a mood his dearest and most precious had been in as of late.

You're going to rest with me now? the blue asked. Ichta crossed the room, throwing the fresh bedding, still folded neatly, onto her bed before moving to the weyr's ledge to pull her beautiful boy's face up to hers. Forehead against snout, she laughed as his breath blew her hair about. "And what would you have us do, love?" she asked. Aurinkoth considered this for a moment. Well listen to what I did today! he started - and it was quite the adventure, one that Ichta listened to with great intent and interest as she cleaned up her weyr.

Aurinkoth didn't see why. It would just get dirty again!

But she kept her entire focus on him, and Aurinkoth appreciated that. Even if what he had to share went a mile a minute - a pace she kept up with as his thoughts sunk into her mind as if they were her own. - Oh! And we should find something to do with Elzebuth and His today! the blue was completely certain this would only make Ichta's day better. She looked to him with a smile. "Yeah? And what are you thinking?"

He clacked his jaws once in thought, eyes whirling in thought before he looked away in a tell that he was thinking to somebody else. Elzebuth! Would you know if yourG'ran has anything in particular he'd like to do with myIchta? There is time now for them to see each other, after all!

Tsunake

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:50 pm
Babies were all well and good until they were not. Elzebuth found some of their newly acquired dragons to be interesting, but ultimately, they were too small to be of any real use yet. G'ran was cranky, again, but this time it was not due to his lack of mate. The man struggled when it came to fluidly wielding a blade, wishing he could just toss the thing away and smash someone solidly in the jaw with his fist, instead. V'mel had worked them tirelessly until he was satisfied, and the man was sweaty and exhausted as a result. Elzebuth winged him up to their weyr so that he could properly bathe, and the large brown lounged luxuriously in the sun in the meantime.

He probably would like to rest. The big brown decided. Is Yours opposed to spending time in your weyr? I will bring him as soon as he is finished. No need to ask G'ran's opinion on it, since he knew he would jump at the chance to spend some time with Ichta.

"Who are you babbling at?" He grunted with mock-sourness, toweling himself off before he slipped into his clothes. Aurinkoth. We did not know if you would like to see Ichta. He said innocently. G'ran snorted. "Meddling dragon," He growled, but he was already using Elzebuth's forearm to haul himself aloft. Rumbling with amusement, Elzebuth glided from his weyr before he caught a thermal, allowing it to take him higher to Aurinkoth's weyr.

We are here. He announced, allowing his still-damp rider to slide from the saddle.

demon_pachabel

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:49 pm
Of course! I'll let her know! Similarly, Aurinkoth didn't ask Ichta's opinion, eyes whirling with interest as she finally sat on the edge of her bed - the best part of cleaning. Elzebuth is coming. he informed gently and Ichta almost immediately was up again. "Well at least the weyr is presentable!" she laughed, but part of her quickly scanned it with a nitpicking eye. Aurinkoth snapped the thought away.

Like G'ran was going to care. Still, the warning gave Ichta enough time to change into fresh clothing - even if it didn't spare her the option of proper clean up. The last thing she needed to be was bathing when he showed up! Aurinkoth, on the other hand, peeked over the edge of his ledge, watching the distant, but distinct, form of his brother as he took off from his own. As Elzebuth drew closer, Aurinkoth bugled a sweet greeting to him.

Mine! Elzebuth and his are here! he informed Ichta cheerily summoning her out onto the ledge to greet their company. Aurinkoth had to adjust a bit to fit the much larger dragon. It certainly wouldn't have been a ledge for two large dragons, but for a small blue and company? It sufficed and still gave Ichta the room she needed to wait patiently as G'ran dismounted.

Oh, he'd gotten all nice and cleaned up. Now she felt bad. "Sorry my weyr isn't anything special," though with her back turned, Naughty Boy had already decided to make a nest out of the old bedding Ichta had folded to take down later. D'oh!

Tsunake

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:08 pm
Elzebuth rumbled with pleasure at his smaller brother, wrapping his impressive head around a slender neck to 'hug' the blue a bit possessively. Yes, as far as he was concerned, he was the largest thing around, so it was very good that Aurinkoth was a fair bit smaller. Still, after shaking himself off, he would carefully lay down to take up a little less room. Your hide seems to shine even more so today. He noted, green eyes wandering over his brother.

"It's fine." He offered immediately, closing the distance between them until he was only a foot or so away. "...Though..." He paused, frowning at Naughty Boy who was already busy being--well, naughty. As if on cue, Pretty Girl appeared from nowhere, cheeping warmly at both pairs of dragons and humans before zooming towards her brown brother with scolding squawks. They were extremely mild and soft, mind you, but he needed to know that she was being bad!

G'ran snorted, and after a moment of hesitating, slowly reached out to take one of Ichta's hands. "It figures that you'd get the flit that most resembled Elzebuth..."

It does not resemble me. The big brown said scornfully. I am much smarter.  

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:51 pm
Aurinkoth moved to snuggle up on top of Elzebuth when he laid on the ledge, cheeping delightedly. Does it? Mine has been very happy these last few days so maybe that is why! he suggested cheerily. Snuggled up with his brother, the ledge was nice and cozy at least!

Ichta watched the pair with a smile, her hand idly grabbing for one of G'ran's. "Seems like just yesterday they were so little," but they'd never seemed as small as the new babies out and about now. Even from her ledge she could see tiny hints of bodies running in the sands. But once she'd been able to carry her now far-too-big blue in her arms. Goodness, she likely would have been able to carry Elzebuth with a little effort. Now? Now she wouldn't even dream of it.

The chirrup of greeting from the tiny green earned a small trill from Aurinkoth and a little 'hi!' from Ichta, watching as she went - and only now seeing what her Naughty Boy was up to. She squeezed G'ran's hand and shook her head. "Of course he is," she almost seemed to be laughing, even as the brown lifted his head and squawked right back at her. He swiped one little hand at his sister - though it seemed to be more of a play bat than an aggressive strike as he continued to roll himself up in the bedding like a flitter burrito.

"He has a bed," Ichta stated plainly, gesturing up at a small well up above the ledge where the brown had quite obviously stowed away whatever fabric Ichta didn't keep securely tucked away. "I hope if they move another rider in here he's not a problem," but the way she said it was plain as day - Naughty boy would absolutely be a problem and she wasn't ready for it.

Tsunake

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:52 pm
Elzebuth rumbled low in his chest, content to have Aurinkoth draping on top of him. I have no doubt that has played a part. He responded with amusement, exhaling a slow sigh as he contentedly relaxed. Things were good. He expected nothing less, now that he--and Aurinkoth--had helped to push things along between Theirs.

"Small enough to carry." The big man grunted, letting a calloused thumb brush gently over Ichta's knuckles. Shards. He'd never felt something so soft before. Her hands were so small, so nimble. His gaze dropped to study it for a moment, and it was only when Ichta gave him a squeeze that he pulled himself out of his musings. "Why have a bed when he can have everything else?" G'ran snorted, but despite how dark his tone sounded, he was amused.

Pretty Girl clucked admonishingly at that swiping forelimb, perching nearby so she could observe her brother with wide, bright eyes. He was doing something bad, she just knew it~! ...But, it was interesting. Interesting enough to watch, yes.

The mention of another rider made him frown a little, one huge shoulder lifting in a shrug. "If he is, they can leave." That seemed like a fair enough solution to him. Ichta shouldn't have to share her Weyr just because of the color of Aurinkoth's hide.

demon_pachabel

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:22 pm
Ichta never particularly considered herself a small woman, though she did feel it a little with her hand tucked into G'ran's. Though she did feel most of their fellow Weyrlings would have felt rather small next to him - she'd had to overcompensate to be certain that the clothing she'd been making even fit. She idly double checked, though, since he was there and wearing it.

"Of course he has to have everything else. I can barely work on my tapestry anymore," it had barely been touched since Aurinkoth had entered her life, however, and part of her worried it would become an abandoned task. Naughty boy continued to roll himself up in the bedding until he was a little bundle moving underneath it's surface, cheeping quite proudly at the accomplishment.

In fact he was rather noisy about the entire affair.

"Might not be an option if we get so many riders that we have to start sharing," Ichta answered, though with thread she had a sinking doubt that it would come to that for long periods of time. "As long as they don't put a Greenrider in here, I think I'll manage..." her face paled as an entire scenario played out in her head involving way too many interested parties being in her weyr....

oh...

no no no.

Tsunake

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:56 pm
Oh, her tapestry... She'd been working on that ever since he'd met her, hadn't she? G'ran paused t o reflect for a moment, almost surprised to realize it had only been about one Turn ago... It felt like eons, for sure. They had both been so unsure, newly arrived at the Weyr and almost afraid to hope that they would discover their lifemate among the sands... What luck, to think that at their very first Hatching, they would find them both? If one had Impressed, but not the other, would they have become as close as they were, right now?

Caught up in his own thoughts, he gave a start when Ichta mentinoed sharing... and then a Greenrider? Her face turned an alarming shade as the color drained out of it, and G'ran tilted his head quizzically. Did she... not like green dragons? That seemed extremely uncharacteristic.

"Why?" He finally asked, unable to piece together a legitimate reason on his own. Maybe she'd had a bad encounter, recently...?

demon_pachabel

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:16 pm
G'ran's question caused Ichta to pale similarly. "Rising and chasing," she answered, practically choking the words out. However, she had little faith in her attempts to be succinct anymore, so after a small cough, she clarified. "I was here when Uridith rose and flight lust is....a thing. Yeah, you can fight it off, but if someone else is inviting people in..." she trailed off, squeezing his hand with a nervous terror.

"Aurinkoth will start chasing soon too...."

At the mention of his name, Aurinkoth trilled almost like a cat that was being activated from their sleep mode, looking over to her and sending a wave of calming affection. MyIchta does not like the idea of ending up in another's bed because of a flight, Aurinkoth explained, more so Elzebuth could pass the clarification along if he so desired.

"Shards, is that a strange thing to worry about?" She possibly would never have to share her weyr at all and here she was trying to worry about an incompatible match up!

Tsunake

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:26 pm
"Oh." G'ran said politely, but it was clear from his furrowed brow that he didn't... really get it. It was only when she mentioned Uridith and flight lust that it sank in. His expression was impassive, but slowly, a ruddy color began to suffuse through his cheeks. He gripped her hand tightly--not enough to hurt, but as if to physically promise that he would protect her from such a thing. As Elzebuth idly relayed Aurinkoth's words, his cheeks burned even hotter, and it was several moments until he trusted himself to speak.

"Oh." He said again, much more stiffly than before. "No. I don't either." That was an understatement, but what else was there to say? When she asked if it was strange, he shook his head once, almost violently. "No. I didn't... I didn't think about that."

He glanced over at Elzebuth, who cracked an eye open to hum reassuringly at His. Wordlessly, he looked back at Ichta, not feeling he needed to say what was on his mind. If anyone was going to chase.... it was definitely going to be Elzebuth.

demon_pachabel

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:33 pm
The silence lingered for a moment as Ichta wasn't certain how to change the topic she'd accidentally railroaded them into.

Then, she coughed loudly as if somehow the act of doing so would simply just brush the entire awkwardness under the carpet. "WELL! Here I am having you for company and I haven't even invited you in proper yet!" she kept her hand tucked into his as she stepped in off of the ledge. Though now she realized she didn't even have a proper place to offer for a seat. Hmm.

Well, she'd worry about that later (mostly because Aurinkoth wouldn't let her fret about it right now).

"So, what did you think about the swords we practiced with this morning?" she asked, though she already had a vague idea of what his impression of those had been.

Meanwhile, Naughty Boy was sticking his nose out of the bedding-burrito, cheeping at Pretty Girl as if to try and lure her to come join him in his new nest. Look how cozy!!

Tsunake

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:55 pm
Honestly? G'ran was okay with this sudden change of subject, gladly following behind Ichta as he let an eye roam over her weyr. "It's nice." He said, and while it was true, he was also indifferent. Ichta could have lived in a dung heap and he hardly would have noticed.

The mention of swords made him frown, grunting with a mild note of irritation. "Annoying. Felt like I was going to drop it or stab myself in the foot." He was much more used to his fists, but he wasn't stupid enough to think he could take on an armed man (or woman) unarmed. "C'ryn helped. Think I'll get better with practice." His tone lightened minutely, both satisfied and pleased with the prospect.

Pretty Girl hemmed and hawed, preening herself and absently eyeing her brother as she played to hard to get... but, eventually, she casually sauntered closer, investigating said nest with a critical eye before snuggling in. Yes, alright. It was suitable.

demon_pachabel

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:10 pm
Really, he could have left his thoughts on it all at the grunt and Ichta would have understood exactly what he'd meant. "Well, not everybody can have been learning since they were little. We'll all need a little practice," certainly, having small and more dexterous hands was helping her hand a short sword, but she definitely would be no master anytime soon.

Still, as she spoke she took a step backwards to arm's length, giving him a rather serious look over. If it had been anybody but Ichta, it likely would have been seen as hard judgement. But, she seemed pleased as she stepped back in. "I think a sword will suit you well, once you get a handle on it. You'll be every bit the image of a handsome rider." And because she said it, it was clearly true.

The longer Pretty Girl played hard to get, the more annoyed Naughty Boy's cheeping got, only quieting when the green moved to come join him. Oh yes, this was entirely suitable! It was much softer than his bed was. Which meant clearly he had to get ready to fight some hands if they tried to take it away!!

Tsunake

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:39 pm
"You were pretty okay at it." He noted, looking her over with an approving look. Of course, when she stepped back to eye him in turn, he stood patiently, still holding her hand as he waited for her judgement. Of course, when she mentioned how he would look handsome.... G'ran felt his cheeks grow ruddy once more (it looked rather cute, considering how hard he was trying to keep his face stoic).

He couldn't just be one-upped like that, though. His nostrils flared for a moment as he took a deep breath.

"A sword couldn't make you more beautiful than you already are." He said gruffly, squaring his shoulders as though to keep his embarrassment at bay. He hoped that didn't sound lame. Elzebuth reassured him with delight that it did not.

Pretty Girl carefully kneaded at the soft fabric before snuggling closer, cheeping praise at Naughty Boy. He had many bad ideas, but this was not one of them. It was nice and soft here...

demon_pachabel

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:51 pm
Why was he- A sword wouldn't -

What?

Where as G'ran was somewhat more able to keep a more stoic face when blushing, Ichta absolutely could not do the same as her cheeks started to burn. She looked visibly startled, shoulders tensing slightly and almost immediately became jittery, shifting her weight awkwardly and biting at her lower lip.

He thought...she was beautiful?

"I didn- I mean..I'm not..I.." she began to fumble over her words before quietly settling for a simple, "Thank you..."

Aurinkoth thought it was rather funny, at least.

Naughty Boy cheeped back at Pretty Girl, shifting his weight so that his back covered the entry to his little nest. No little hands would be reaching in there to interrupt their sleeping spot!

Tsunake

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces